THE TEAL ZONE

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: THE TEAL ZONE

Postby Baglady » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays CK, TT, Dolphins fans....
Attachments
DOLPHINS Christmas.jpg
DOLPHINS Christmas.jpg (22.25 KiB) Viewed 19435 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Baglady wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays CK, TT, Dolphins fans....

Happy Holidays to you as well, Ms Bags--and best wishes for the Colts to go all the WAY!!! :D
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Sunday, December 26, 2010 at 7:25 p.m. or thereabout
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It is so very difficult to be a Miami Dolphins' fan.
AGAIN, we must start over. New coach. New QB. New offense, actually. And Special Teams...
Have not had a winning season (save for the fluke year under Parcells where we went to ONE play-off game)...
Yes we had a perfect season in 1972, but a franchise can't live on that forever (regardless how much we have tried).
Yes we were blessed with the amazing years of Dan Marino, (our special gift from Don Shula's brilliant draft skill).
Short of Cowher being hired as Coach ( :lol: ), there is no recovery in sight. :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Day after the game? Still feel the same. It's a long way to Tipperary :cry: , a long, long way to go...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:01 pm

HEADLINE: "Marc Anthony owes millions in unpaid taxes. Government has filed tax liens on singer's property twice."

He apparently owes $3.4 million in taxes. Hmm. How wonderful for the Dolphins franchise. Maybe I don't clearly understand how it all works with team owners, but the first thought I had was how do they expect to have the money to pay for good players with THIS sort of an owner?
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 pm

LadyHawk wrote:HEADLINE: "Marc Anthony owes millions in unpaid taxes. Government has filed tax liens on singer's property twice."

He apparently owes $3.4 million in taxes. Hmm. How wonderful for the Dolphins franchise. Maybe I don't clearly understand how it all works with team owners, but the first thought I had was how do they expect to have the money to pay for good players with THIS sort of an owner?

Lady: It is my belief that Marc Antony and all the other 'movie star' Dolphin Franchise 'owners' own such a minuscule piece of the team that it won't affect the players one way or another. It's Ross who owns the bulk of the team and he is loaded to and through his gills. Whether he is paying taxes is anyone's guess. I'm sure he pays a lot less than he should, but that's another problem that won't be dealt with here. ;)
Anyway, the Dolphins (and I think everyone will agree) have way more problems than Marc Antony's taxes to worry about. The bigger part of the offense, the coaches and the owner Ross all suck... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:00 pm

LadyHawk wrote:HEADLINE: "Marc Anthony owes millions in unpaid taxes. Government has filed tax liens on singer's property twice."

It's not always about how much money the owner has LH, or else your team would be winning the SB every year since he has the most I believe? ;)
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:34 pm

It's about two-fifty, and yes (although I don't know why I continue to punish myself), I am still watching the Dolphin/NE game. It's 34/zip - NE (owing, I'm sure to the amazing game plan Sparano has come out with to put some real pressure on NE). Watching the Fins collapse, as they have for the past season (although, how do you collapse when you were never up?). Fins are alternating between Henne and Thigpen (dumb and dumber) and even the defense has lost its will to live.
[color=#00BFBF][color=#00BFBF][color=#00BFBF]Anyway, the thing here is--the game is difficult enough to watch (for a Fin fan) because of the total embarrassment our entire organization has come, but OMG--the announcers are going to have to have their lips removed from the butts of Tom Brady and the NE team. I think if I hear "powerhouse that BB has built" and/or "Brady is the best QB ever" (total bullshit) one more time, I am going to have to shoot my t.v.! It's one thing to have biased announcers, but to have them go on and on without stopping--oh yeah, "tremendous organization BB has built" blah blah blah. I have such a headache... "The thing about Gradkowski..."--we can see it already, STOP, I SAY, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP!!!
OMFG---NE scored again (on a 4th down play). I cut away from the game because I can't bear to listen to those jerks vomit more praise of NE.!!!
Ah yes, two of my favorite teams playing: Tampa Bay and NO :lol: , much better. Somehow I screwed up the instructions for font, size and color--it should be interesting to see how that comes out as well.
Normally, I would just be licking my lips at the thought that at least Sparano would be "leaving the building" (preferably to follow his good friend Parcells who, I believe, must have been sleeping with Huizenga when the package he got for going to Miami was negotiated)--but Ross is such a dumb F8ck (when it comes to Football, at least) that I'd bet Sparano will be back next year. *SIGH*
I am surely in Football Hell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I know how Cowboy fans must feel now, save for the fact that Jerry Jones does know a little more about football than Ross. I suppose the idea is to get really stoned and go to (INSERT STADIUM'S NAME FOR NEXT YEAR HERE) and first: stand by the orange carpet watching the stars go by, NEXT: Get lots of munchies at the food stands (where cheap beer is $9. a bottle THIRD) Take your time walking to your seats. FOURTH:Visit with friends (and if stoned enough, with your enemies as well), as Jimmy Buffet songs fill the airways and the big screens continuously showing pictures of semi-stars shouting "Fins Up" (*****Who? What fins? Hey, du
de...Where am I anyway???*****) and FINALLY: Leave What's Its Name Stadium (if you can find your vehicle) and drive home (with absolutely no interest or knowledge of what was going on on the field with all those funny-looking guys in shoulder pads (*****That's SO 80s !) were doing anyway*****).
So really, the Saints' game isn't so bad. Sadly for the Saints, I chose to root for them, and the are apparently losing.

NOTE TO FANS OF THE FOLLOWING TEAMS: Colts, Texans, Seahawks and 49ers:
C.K. LAURENCE NO LONGER CARES ABOUT FOOTBALL AND IS WITHDRAWING ANY LOVE OR SUPPORT PREVIOUSLY OFFERED. REALLY!!!

(Don't thank me now, but there is NO DOUBT that you are better off now, without my support!!!

I'm going back to work on my knitting now--first having to rip out at least three rows (of a blanket) because something seriously awful happened to it a little earlier today--like about 2:3 p.m. ;) Hope all of my Swiss Family enjoys their games today... Now, what kind of game is it that you are all so interested in? (*****knit one, pearl two*****)
[/color][/color]i O [/color]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah, but wait 'til next season! Never give up. Never give up!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:51 pm

16Forever wrote:CK and TT check this out -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines

Not excited about it.... :?
Ireland needs to go too and I want COWHER ;)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 am

The latest report is that the Dolphins won't make a coaching change.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Seriously?
Ross rehires numbnuts and gives him a raise ..... don't people usually get rewarded for doing a GOOD JOB?

epic_fail.jpg
epic_fail.jpg (50.17 KiB) Viewed 19616 times
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm

AS I UNDERSTAND IT (CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG), ISN'T THE DEFINITION OF 'CRAZY' DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT??? :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 pm

cklaurence wrote:AS I UNDERSTAND IT (CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG), ISN'T THE DEFINITION OF 'CRAZY' DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT??? :roll:

No correction necessary.....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 pm

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:AS I UNDERSTAND IT (CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG), ISN'T THE DEFINITION OF 'CRAZY' DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT??? :roll:

No correction necessary.....

At least you are still young and have a chance. I am doomed. The way it's going now, I will probably not live to ever see the Phins in a SB. Do me a favor, Try--when it happens, think of me, doll. <3 <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:13 am

"Dolphins’ Sparano receives contract extension"

Good lord. Poor Dolphins fans...
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

As some of the analysts on TV have pointed out, this might not be a good time to switch coaches. If there is a work stoppage, it will mean that teams with new coaches will have to learn new systems while playing regulars season games after it is over. They suggest that it would be smart to sit tight and change coaches after next season.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Emeritus wrote:As some of the analysts on TV have pointed out, this might not be a good time to switch coaches. If there is a work stoppage, it will mean that teams with new coaches will have to learn new systems while playing regulars season games after it is over. They suggest that it would be smart to sit tight and change coaches after next season.

:o Yip, YAP, pip, :o pap, dippity doo...yap, 8-) zig, dig, dag, wickety pew. :oops: Gib, :cry: gab, jib, jab, wack,, :roll: wack pow. Mungo, :? jungo, sick sack whaddabuncha gip gap.... op wop pop dop giggity BULLSHITTTTTTT!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put any other way--DOLPHINS ARE F*CK'D AGAIN!!!!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland has signed a multi-year contract extension with the team

good luck...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

dredwak wrote:Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland has signed a multi-year contract extension with the team

good luck...

You trying to kill me, dred? Jimmy Johnson wrought the Dave Wannstadt legacy, and now Parcells has rained a lifetime of hell on us with Ireland and Sparano. I am sooooo sad! :cry: :cry: :cry: (We really need a stronger sad/crying smilie here. This one just doesn't express it well enough for me...)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm

cklaurence wrote:
Emeritus wrote:As some of the analysts on TV have pointed out, this might not be a good time to switch coaches. If there is a work stoppage, it will mean that teams with new coaches will have to learn new systems while playing regulars season games after it is over. They suggest that it would be smart to sit tight and change coaches after next season.

:o Yip, YAP, pip, :o pap, dippity doo...yap, 8-) zig, dig, dag, wickety pew. :oops: Gib, :cry: gab, jib, jab, wack,, :roll: wack pow. Mungo, :? jungo, sick sack whaddabuncha gip gap.... op wop pop dop giggity BULLSHITTTTTTT!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put any other way--DOLPHINS ARE F*CK'D AGAIN!!!!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Oh Em--this post is directed at the problems my team has been 'blessed' with since Parcells left the building---or better yet, when a certain StarF*cker took ownership of the Fins--not at you. I was reading back and realized it could be misconstrued.

Meanwhile, it is dark and blowing up outside, sounding almost like a hurricane. We are in for some big chills over the next week or so. It's definitely going into the 40s, and perhaps, even the 30s at night. Don't laugh, everyone--with the winds, it can get pretty damned cold here! If Ms Bags comes around this page, she can tell you about Florida cold...
cklaurence
Godmother

Previous

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)