NYG / NFC East Talk

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: NYG / NFC East Talk

Postby Reecey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I sense evil on this page. Right above me at that. :lol:

Colts Fans = The Legion of Doom.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Baglady » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Reecey wrote:I sense evil on this page. Right above me at that. :lol:

Hmmm, well evil usually resides south - just saying.... Colts above you??? Nah, won't go there, that would be cruel (need an innocent angel pic) ;)
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Baglady wrote:

Hmmm, well evil usually resides south - just saying.... Colts above you??? Nah, won't go there, that would be cruel (need an innocent angel pic) ;)

:o You just wait till I can think of a comeback! I'm gonna get you!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Reecey wrote: :o You just wait till I can think of a comeback! I'm gonna get you!

LOL!!! *snort* :lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 am

Reecey wrote:
Baglady wrote:

:o You just wait till I can think of a comeback! I'm gonna get you!

:D Good thing I wasn't holding my breath - lol! Thought I saw a great angel pic here as I was leaving??? But, an angel might be a contradiction on an NFC East topic! After all, Eagles are flying awfully high.... :twisted:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 am

The Eagles defense has suddenly returned from wherever they had gone. They are certainly all of the competition that the Giants will need in the NFC East.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby ListenUp » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm getting sick of all the Vick is impossible to beat stuff. Allow me to break it down for ya.

The Eagles O is a one trick pony even as flashy and impressive as it might be.They live and die by the deep ball and their running game doesn't threaten anyone I'm not saying they don't have decent backs,but there running game isn't gonna win the game for them. Its all about the deep ball and their D doesn't impressive me. They got a decent front 7,but are so soft at the edges its not funny. We can win the edge on them all day long and the Giants traditionally have had some really good running game against the Eagles and I think we can do that again.

One key on O to win this game is too run the ball and play physical GMEN smash mouth football and the Eagles will fold.Time of possession people is what we gotta do.After we beat them down with the running game just protect Eli and he will pick them apart.Eagles D doesn't scare me and could put 30 points on them with our eyes closed. Sorry you get no pressure from your front 4 and isn't the same without Johnson with all due respect. Maclin's a 1 trick pony and dog killer is probably the most over hyped QB in history right now. I think Eagles are walking into a buzz saw with the NYG wanting to redeem themselves from that embarrassing loss to Dallas and insert their will and show they still are the best D in the NFC.

But the dog killer he's unstoppable,he's a machine.Look NYG has done well limiting him before.Granted he didn't have the weapons he has in Philly,but we done well against him in the past. Playing tough man coverage is the key.Kill the WR's at the line,allow safety help over the top no more big pass play. The NYG D is the 1st the Eagles will see that isn't in the bottom half of the league and regardless what they wanna say about the Skins were not them. They are the 32nd ranked D in the NFL and coming in were still in the bottom half.

If I was the DC when your facing a very mobile QB like Vick its important to have a spy either a LB or DBack and they can trade off during the game playing in the box treating Vick like a RB at all times with having that person oly job to keep on him making sure hes accounted for at all times. Vick is also a lefty which means he'll roll out to the left which plays into Osi strength as a speed rusher.The spy then has to play Osi gap which give Vick problems on the naked bootleg that Philly loves to run.We also need to coordinate blitzes on Osi gap on obvious passing downs with the strong side which is Vicks blindside follow up. This means the spy plays the contain and idea is never give him enough time to throw down field.Not sitting in the pocket forever going up top to D-Jax or Maclin. The medium pass game is still suspect and the only thing to worry about there is getting beat by pure speed over the middle.So really what we'll be doing is surending the short game which isn't the Eagles strength and I don't give a F about giving McCoy the ball 25 times daring him to beat us.

Another part is keeping our safeties deep and not be free lancing over the field like they done. Do those things and we beat Philly.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:58 am

LU, wow - great analysis on Giants @ Eagles - believe I'll change my pic for the game...

Think you're right about Vick. Most honest Colts fans figured we'd get killed at Philly and when they went up 13-0 early I thought it might be over... But, the Colts got back in the game and had a shot at winning.
Looking at the stats, Peyton actually had more yds than Vick (both passing and rushing) and the same, 1 TD. Yes, for any 'lurkers' I know Peyton threw 2 picks....

Hope the Cowboys game was indeed a 'wake up' call for the Giants as one of the players suggested (Tuck - maybe?). Since I was at the Giants @ Colts and Cowboys @ Giants game, my siblings say I'm not allowed at any more Giants games!
BTW, the new Meadowlands stadium is great esp when the lights stay on - lol!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm glad that I didn't change mine.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 pm

The Eagles may just be the best team in the NFC as of right now. It's officially time to start getting scarred of these guys.
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Reecey wrote:The Eagles may just be the best team in the NFC as of right now. It's officially time to start getting scarred of these guys.

Any given Sunday Reecey......... all it takes is a key injury and a team can be screwed...
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:25 pm

True that TT.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 am

I agree about the Eagles. Now that they have a running game to go with everything else, they are going to be hard to stop.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby ListenUp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 pm

This is it.

In my opinion, this is the deciding game. If we dont show up and beat the Jags next Sunday, the season might as well be lost.

The Jags are a solid team at 6-4, but with our defense we should be able to pressure them into mistakes. They are probably about a .500 team.

On offense we must stop MJD. He is the key to the entire offense. I feel very confident in being able to do this though as the run game really hasnt beaten our defense at all this year with the exception of the Colts game where Fewell had a bad game plan for Peyton.

On D, they lost Aaron Kampman for the year and lack any huge pass rushing threats, so Eli should have time in the pocket. Their secondary is also very suspect, so the WR's should have a big day.

They seem to be in the same ship we are right now. A highly inconsistant QB and turning the ball over at a ridiculous rate. They however are in 1st place in a tough division and want to stay there. They beat the Colts. They have won 2 straight while we lost 2 straight.

If we are going to keep turning the ball over Im already marking this down as a loss. But if we can some how hang on to footballs, then we can beat them.

If we manage to turn things around in this game, and come out on top, then we are at 7-4 and can get back into the thick of things and do our damage. But if we come out hapless and turning the ball over, then we can all just..... fugedaboudit.

I still bELIeve we can, and it all starts with the man behind the center.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Merry Christmas NYG fans, sure hope Santa comes through w/ a WIN for both the COLTS and GIANTS Sun !!!
Attachments
NYG Christmas.jpg
NYG Christmas.jpg (17.89 KiB) Viewed 12275 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Previous

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)