NYG / NFC East Talk

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

NYG / NFC East Talk

Postby ListenUp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 pm

I said in the offseason NYG would surprise some ppl...Bears,Texans SURPRISE!!!!!

I was expecting a close game,but we just dominated this game. Start to finish u gotta love the way our D played getting pressure with 4 down line men getting all the pressure we needed & our D-Backs did the rest.

Goff at ILB: I'll tell u what its a long season,but so far NYG fans u gotta be pleased with the play of Goff in the middle.He had a great game filling gaps for the run up,pressure where he needed too,outstanding job covering the seem for the TE.

The front 4: Batting balls & Canty,Can I just say what a great signing he was? Can I just say how worth it Canty is? Now that he's healthy compared to last yr when he only played 2 games.What a great job him & Cofield are doing in the middle pushing the pocket,batting balls. When u get that kinda pressure with the front 4 like the past 2 weeks it makes it alot easer for your D to do all kind of things in coverage. The NYG D the last few weeks is scary.

Nicks: What a big day for him.He is the real deal. Broke Toomers record for receiving today & probley shoulda had another TD & 2 more big completions that he dropped,but all in all great day for Nicks.

Offense: It looked good today. Props to the OL who despite the injuries,some of the issues they been having they got things going & kept it for the running game.The made the blocks for AB to get the cutbacks,misdirections stuff,screens on the outside in was beautiful & good to see. This is what it should look like now theres still some work to do,but they deserve a ton of props. I know Hou doesnt have the best D-Backs & the biggest plays came in the passing game,but we stuck with the run & it made all the difference for our O.They had to respect the run cause we had it going thanks to the OL doing what they had to do.

RB: I like having AB start he's a game breaker type of guy who can make big things happen,but closing the game with BJ is the best thing we can do. Late in the game when the D is tired & the holes are enormous & u get BJ out into the 2nd level & a LB isnt touching him & he's getting 5 yards after contact. U gotta love it & how he closes the game ripping 10 yarders like it was nothing.

Whats to say bout this one?: Last week NYG beat the undefeated Bears with a brilliant effort on D & everyone wants to talk about how bad the Bears are,how bad their OL is & what they did wrong,how its the Bears fault they lost & not give any credit to the NYG. Whats it gonna be this week? The Texans are 1 of the best O in the NFL who got shut down/dominated.

U know what NFCE we are coming for your ****!!!
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Re: NYG / NFC East Talk

Postby Baglady » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:01 am

LU, nice summary on the Gmen games and starting the topic!
Will stop by later as 'cradle ny GIANTS fan'
If you're still having trouble w/ the av go to board index, click Peaceful Corner and the bottom topic is Making An Avatar.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 am

profile.jpg
profile.jpg (18.45 KiB) Viewed 28523 times

90 x 90 pixels...i took this one from fox...it should work here...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 am

Good morning, football fans!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:27 pm

dredwak wrote:
profile.jpg

I just tried to use it & it said..."The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 6 KiB."

Sigh! I wish there was a crop AV thing like Faux had.

Thanks DW tho.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Baglady wrote:LU, nice summary on the Gmen games and starting the topic!
Will stop by later as 'cradle ny GIANTS fan'
If you're still having trouble w/ the av go to board index, click Peaceful Corner and the bottom topic is Making An Avatar.

Ok cool.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm

ListenUp, I can resize the picture for you, but the resolution is so high that to get it down to 6K it would be way too small. Find a picture that you like and post it here as an attachment and I'll resize it and post it back here. Square ones are best, since 90 pixels is the maximum. An oblong picture would be smaller in the other dimension.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Are u kiddin me? U cant just copy & paste pics either?

Thanks Em,but I have no idea how to post pics. I even tried to paste the URL between the IMG & it wouldnt work.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:36 pm

ListenUp wrote:Are u kiddin me? U cant just copy & paste pics either?

Thanks Em,but I have no idea how to post pics. I even tried to paste the URL between the IMG & it wouldnt work.

Here you go ListenUp, you can use this one.
Attachments
LISTENUP.jpg
LISTENUP.jpg (4.17 KiB) Viewed 28521 times
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

ListenUp wrote:
dredwak wrote:
profile.jpg

I just tried to use it & it said..."The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 6 KiB."

Sigh! I wish there was a crop AV thing like Faux had.

Thanks DW tho.

oops...sorry...use tt's...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Yay it worked.

Thanks TT!
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby cradle ny GIANTS fan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:39 pm

LU - great av. Hope I don't get into trouble w/ mine! On posting pics, click the post reply then scroll down below the Save / Preview / Submit and click on upload attachment then browse to find the one you want - then add attachment - no approval needed, just, ah good judgment....

Trying to post a pic of the new stadium (where I'll be Nov 14 wearing my Giants gear!) - we'll see if this works....
Attachments
28197_1236693527213_1525477653_30492538_1933449_n.jpg
28197_1236693527213_1525477653_30492538_1933449_n.jpg (134.12 KiB) Viewed 28510 times
cradle ny GIANTS fan
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:04 pm

[size=150]You got it. If you want, after you upload the picture you can click on the Place Inline button beneath your text and it will add the picture without the attachment separation.[/size]

Snoopy shot down.jpg
Snoopy shot down.jpg (4.03 KiB) Viewed 28506 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:06 pm

ListenUp wrote:Yay it worked.

Thanks TT!

You got it man, it's all actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
I'd take a moment or two to cruise through the "Peaceful Corner" forum and check out some of the tips in there. It seems to help most people adjust a bit more quickly.

Nice to meet you, I don't know if we ever bumped into each other over on Faux because I was one of the first to bail from there, been gone awhile now. :mrgreen: and glad I did when I did
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:57 pm

AP100926084680.jpg
AP100926084680.jpg (52.13 KiB) Viewed 28505 times
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:59 pm

cradle ny GIANTS fan

Thanks for the tip.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby ListenUp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm

TryThinking wrote:
ListenUp wrote:Yay it worked.

Thanks TT!

You got it man, it's all actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
I'd take a moment or two to cruise through the "Peaceful Corner" forum and check out some of the tips in there. It seems to help most people adjust a bit more quickly.

Nice to meet you, I don't know if we ever bumped into each other over on Faux because I was one of the first to bail from there, been gone awhile now. :mrgreen: and glad I did when I did

Will do. I dont think I seen u on the other site,so nice to meet ya. I been getting sick of Faux myself.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby cradle ny GIANTS fan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 am

BIG NFC EAST MNF game.... GO GIANTS
Attachments
Giants - Cowboys.jpg
Giants - Cowboys.jpg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 28503 times
cradle ny GIANTS fan
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 pm

I came around 'cause Bags said she might be around here at half-time. Guess that's not going to happen... (I'm guessing that because half-time is over... :cry: )
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 am

CK, sorry I didn't get back here Sun. Unexpected interruptions....
Loved the Giants W and leading the NFC East.
Dallas got off to an impressive start and the Giants had 5 turnovers - way too many. Honestly sorry to see Romo go down, hope he's a quick healer....
Giants have the bye week to get ready for Seattle - always a tough venue for oppposing teams.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:07 am

Nice win, Baglady.

I am SERIOUSLY concerned about the Seahawks facing the Giants. Why:? Mostly because they highlighted last night HOW MANY QUARTERBACKS the Giants have "taken out" this season. Gooood lord. The last thing we need is to have Hasselbeck taken out. But I am going to brace myself for it.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 am

Romo sent photos of his junk to RuPaul? Really?
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 pm

16Forever wrote:Romo sent photos of his junk to RuPaul? Really?

Hmm...? Isn't that question more the speed for the iSports crowd? :lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 pm

16Forever wrote:Romo sent photos of his junk to RuPaul? Really?

It's the latest fad, didn't you get the memo? :shock:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm afraid that if I ever sent such photos, the woman would be showing them to everybody she knew for laughs. They would post copies at the beauty shops for comic relief. Pretty soon every woman in Beaumont, Texas would laugh when she saw me.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby ListenUp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:08 am

Giants:

Offense: 9th (Pts), 3rd (YPG), 9th (Pass), 4th (Run)

Defense: 19th (Pts), 2nd (YPG), 2nd (Pass), 3rd (Rush)

Seattle:

Offense: 20th (Pts), 28th (YPG), 20th (Pass), 24th (Run)

Defense: 5th (PPG), 19th (YPG), 29th (Pass), 2nd (Run)

Summary:

The Seahawks play well at home but have not played very good opponents thus far this year whose combined record is 15 and 26 and have only beaten one team over .500 (Bears). They have a very muddled offense and defense with their defensive high points being against the rush (vs. team with little running game to begin with) and points per game (which is the biggie ... ranked 5th) where they are very stingey.

Conversely, the Giants have beaten two teams above .500 (Bears and Texans ... both well in hand games) and have had a slightly tougher schedule thus far with opponents' combined record being 20 and 24.

On paper, the Giants look to run away with this game both having a prolific offense and a stout defense. The Seahawks favor passing (205 attempts vs. 129 rushing) which bodes well for the Giants' vaunted pass rush, while the Giants have been fairly balanced (239 pass / 194 rush) on offense.

The major stumbling blocks for the Giants in this game are:

1) The Giants are 1-2 vs. the Seahawks under Tom Coughlin with both losses coming at Qwest Stadium.

2) The Giants ae -5 in turnovers while the Seahawks are +3. While the Giants force more turnovers (double the Seahawks) they also give up more turnovers (more then double the Seahawks).

3) Seahawks special teams are very good, with Leon Washington returning 2 TDs this year and Olindo Mare being 100% on the year in FGs, while the Giants' weakest area has been on ST coverage and returns, and a shakey kicking game.

Additional Notes: The Giants are 3-3 after the Bye under Coughlin but only one of those losses being a road loss and one of the wins being a 44-6 thumping of the Seahawks (at Giants' stadium) and are 2-0 the past two years after the Bye.

Qwest Stadium has been considered the loudest stadium over the past half decade and it's been sold out since 2003.

LU's Take: If the Giants play relatively mistake free football, they win this game hands down.

However if the turnovers that continue to plague them rears its ugly head (again) and there is a breakdown on STs (again) the Seahawks could very well sneak away with one.

You have to assume that after the 5 turnover fiesta at Dallas this past week, TC will be working the boys extra hard in this area over the Bye. Special Teams wise, I just don't see us improving in coverages and returns.
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

As many great coaches have said, statistics are bunk. An excellent example is the Chargers. They are first in the NFL in both offense and defense, but have a 2-5 record.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Emeritus wrote:As many great coaches have said, statistics are bunk. An excellent example is the Chargers. They are first in the NFL in both offense and defense, but have a 2-5 record.

That's what turnovers will do to you. They are 16th in points allowed.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 pm

They amaze me. They may be the most talented team in football, but they keep inventing ways to lose.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Fights in the stands, the lights dim followed by a total blackout - gotta love a Cowboys @ NYG game - lol!
Have a few pics but it says they're too big to post here???
What a Giants implosion - did the Cowboys have to pick THAT game to play their best game of the season???? :roll:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Next

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)