AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Another week and another embarrassing loss, not much else to say. Brock had 1 job, to secure the football, no turnovers, he failed. If he hadn't had a fumble recovered by one of his own guys he would have lost the ball 3 times.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 pm

wow...what a year for Hoppy to hide....LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

last place donkeys
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Another week and another embarrassing loss, not much else to say. Brock had 1 job, to secure the football, no turnovers, he failed. If he hadn't had a fumble recovered by one of his own guys he would have lost the ball 3 times.

Wasn't the Super Bowl loss 55 -10 the MOST embarrassing loss? I'm not sure, but I think that was pretty doggone disgusting.
I saw piss poor tackling, simple plays being run in for a touchdown. I mean really, why not tank the season now, at least we wouldn't look as pitiful as the LA Chargers.

that was truly SAD. I stopped watching when Brock through that STUPID Interception!

Go get Kap for crying out loud! He can't be worse than these 2 goons.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 am

Jarhead93 wrote:Wasn't the Super Bowl loss 55 -10 the MOST embarrassing loss? I'm not sure, but I think that was pretty doggone disgusting.
I saw piss poor tackling, simple plays being run in for a touchdown. I mean really, why not tank the season now, at least we wouldn't look as pitiful as the LA Chargers.

that was truly SAD. I stopped watching when Brock through that STUPID Interception!

Go get Kap for crying out loud! He can't be worse than these 2 goons.

Yeah that loss was pretty embassasing as well. I really don't think kap will help us. He would do just as much good as Tebow. The line just needs to block better. Even then Siemian and Oz would still be a problem, but it would be hidden more. I think the defense has somewhat given up. They know that no matter what, the offense is going to spoil it. Why put in all the effort if it isn't going to make a difference?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Lol, teams ignoring and not signing Kap is getting pretty comical. They will sign ANYONE before the sign him :lol: Tebow has to be licking his chops waiting for a phone call each time another QB goes down knowing he's probably more likely to get on a team :lol: :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/te ... li=BBnbfcL
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm

at 3 -7 our Broncos now own the 4th pick in the draft. Start looking at QB's guys we have a chance to get a good one. Can a guy from the Golden State be a great QB in The state of Colorado? I say look at the past and tell us the future. USC or UCLA depends on who is there. Tank IT BOYS
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 am

Hoppy wrote:at 3 -7 our Broncos now own the 4th pick in the draft. Start looking at QB's guys we have a chance to get a good one. Can a guy from the Golden State be a great QB in The state of Colorado? I say look at the past and tell us the future. USC or UCLA depends on who is there. Tank IT BOYS

Is there a way to "Tank it" without looking even more pathetic?

I know, two words: Paxton Lynch

Is there a game left on our schedule that we can win? Do we play Cleveland anytime soon? They are the only team looking more patheticer than us.

Our issue has always been 3rd down, we are TOO OFTEN in 3rd and LOOOOONG. Didn't Peyton or anyone else teach these guys about ball control?
You win when you have the ball, and keep the other team from scoring.

Mr. Elway,

There is a QB out in California (USC) that needs to have you meddle in the draft beforehand, get that guy out here NOW!

I agree with all the newscasters the best QB we have on our roster has been retired for 18 years.

John is your body in good enough shape to put on a pair of shoulder pads and suit up? PLEASE

and oh, by the way the most recent HOF member, Mr. Davis needs to unretire too, at least with his banged up knees is better than our current running back corps.

Jarhead out **
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:24 am

Well I think we got our wish, Lynch has been named the starter for the game this week against the raiders
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:at 3 -7 our Broncos now own the 4th pick in the draft. Start looking at QB's guys we have a chance to get a good one. Can a guy from the Golden State be a great QB in The state of Colorado? I say look at the past and tell us the future. USC or UCLA depends on who is there. Tank IT BOYS

Is there a way to "Tank it" without looking even more pathetic?

I know, two words: Paxton Lynch

Is there a game left on our schedule that we can win? Do we play Cleveland anytime soon? They are the only team looking more patheticer than us.

Our issue has always been 3rd down, we are TOO OFTEN in 3rd and LOOOOONG. Didn't Peyton or anyone else teach these guys about ball control?
You win when you have the ball, and keep the other team from scoring.

Mr. Elway,

There is a QB out in California (USC) that needs to have you meddle in the draft beforehand, get that guy out here NOW!

I agree with all the newscasters the best QB we have on our roster has been retired for 18 years.

John is your body in good enough shape to put on a pair of shoulder pads and suit up? PLEASE

and oh, by the way the most recent HOF member, Mr. Davis needs to unretire too, at least with his banged up knees is better than our current running back corps.

Jarhead out **

I couldn't agree more about the running back position. The QB of my pick would be Rosen UCLA only because he throws a better deep ball. But Darnold is 1A in my book we get a good one either way. I can't see us wining with Paxton so I'm happy they called his number. The year is gone to hell so the only true fans will hope for the team to lose. If they truly understand the draft and being able to get healthy in one draft. we aren't that bad just need a QB with the understanding of timing if you hold the ball too long you will get hit. If we happen by some holiday miracle win some games and come out of the top 5 Clayton Thorton (Northwestern) my third QB on the board
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 am

I'm a big fan of talib's skills, but the dude is a headache. I doubt he's back next year and I'm sure there is a 1 game suspension at least coming for him. Elway will cut him and spend the money elsewhere next season. We have Roby who is a great player and just needs for time at a #2 position on the field. DT may be gone next year as well, but I think Talib is the most likely.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 pm

I just had to come in and express my joy over the game. Yes we have the 4th pick in the draft with 5 games to play and a franchise QB just waiting to be drafted. The Browns have the first pick they will pick a QB Then you have the 9er's who traded for their QB and haven't let him play yet. wonder if they are tanking it? Next up you have the Giants who hold the tiebreaker over us so we both end up with the same record we get that pick before them. they may or may not pick a QB I think they do B/C manning is getting old. That leaves us with the second or third QB off the board. I like Rosen but I also think he goes to Cleveland of New York. If he's there we hit the jackpot. I'm hoping if he's gone Barnold or Thorton one of the three will be a bronco and all are good QB's. Now you also have last years Heisman winner Lamar Jackson and this years winner Baker Mayfield who are also pretty damn good QB's. I'm happy as hell guys Just keep tanking. Now once again the fight started with Crabtree punching Chris Harris Jr. in the stomach. He just ran up and punched him Harris was taken off the field and the next play Talib went at it with Crabtree. Because of the reason of the fight I don't think Talib will be punished by the team. He was protecting a team mate. No It isn't right but how do you punish a man who by all his team mates eyes he was protecting a fellow team mate. He Crabtree did the same thing last season. Punched Chris Harris Jr. I guess he knows he will not catch a pass on Harris or talib so why play the game. I didn't think Talib would make this team because of the fight last season and his price but here we go again. Last have you ever seen a GM make moves that bite him in the ass like Elway has this season. First hiring a yes man as head coach. Then cutting TJ then just last week cutting Doss and the fight happens and the replacement is who the rookie that took Doss's spot. His QB Lynch proves to be a reach. And glass. he is injury prone. now we are back to the start of the streak. Siemian please hope he plays like he has and we keep the streak going. We have a QB to draft. I wasn't here LOL
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 pm

I didn't doubt that Crabtree started the brawl, I heard of the punch shortly after news of the fight broke (I wasn't able to watch the game). However, Talib's behavior is becoming a regular issue. I think the league will suspend him 1-2 games. I don't think Denver will punish him further than that but I also don't think they will be eager to keep him. I doubt we could trade him, can't remember when his contact is up, so that leaves cutting him.

As for drafting a QB, I don't keep up with college ball that much, I'll take your word on it for the QBs available. I would love to see what Kelly can do though and maybe get another o-lineman, however, I don't know the talent at that position in the draft either. But if we miss drafting a great QB and stick with someone like Kelly or a FA, we may not get a chance at such a high pick next year.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:42 am

And here it is, 2 game suspension for Talib...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mi ... li=BBnbfcL
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:03 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:12 am

3 points. Our offense scored 3 measly points... against Miami. There better be some big changes this off-season. I hope Elway and Ellis have some answers. I say cut Siemian, don't re-sign Oz, Lynch on a short rope, Kelly for eval and looking at every available FA and draft QB. We have to find an answer there. We need someone that can take control and lead the team on the field. Next up is the offensive line. Need several answers there. Cut Talib to free up money and possibly trade DT.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 am

I also think we should bench Siemian for the rest of the season. Start Lynch. If our "starter" is throwing 3 picks a game does it really matter who starts? IF Lynch can't make any progress with quality time on the field, his job should be gone at the end of the season as well. He has had time to do something and lost the offseason battle twice now. I think we can win 2 more games this season if they really buckle down and fight. Lynch needs to show he can do that.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 am

If we could win 1 more game this year I would wish it is against the Chiefs. I would love for Denver to be the nail in their playoff coffin if it came down to that :lol: :lol:

Jets and Indy I see as most likely since both those teams are so inconsistent.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I also think we should bench Siemian for the rest of the season. Start Lynch. If our "starter" is throwing 3 picks a game does it really matter who starts? IF Lynch can't make any progress with quality time on the field, his job should be gone at the end of the season as well. He has had time to do something and lost the offseason battle twice now. I think we can win 2 more games this season if they really buckle down and fight. Lynch needs to show he can do that.

I don't want to win another game this season we are too close to a tier 1 franchise QB in this draft we should just sit all the starters and play with 3rd stringers. Tank it Rosen has said he will enter the draft Josh Allen will enter the draft. Darnold may enter. Jackson, Mayfield and Thorton all big arms we can get a QB this draft and if we lose to Indy and the Giants win another game we may pick 3rd with the 9ers we could move up to second. We could end up with the best QB in the draft depending on who Cleveland picks if we pick 3 the 9ers traded for their QB. We also could pick second the second day and pick the best of what's left right now I'm all for the tank. Sorry to pull for my team by pulling against them but we need a QB. Get a good young QB and free agents may want to come play with them. Wentz has people taking less money to go play with him. Go Giants !!!! Go Colts!!!! Go Jets!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm

I wanted to post this Jake Plummer Interview for you guys
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bronco ... s111790195
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:09 am

I love a shut out, but that drops us to the 5th pick. 1 more win and we could be out of the top 10. I'll be ok with that if we shut out every team for the rest of the season :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:25 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I love a shut out, but that drops us to the 5th pick. 1 more win and we could be out of the top 10. I'll be ok with that if we shut out every team for the rest of the season :lol:

I guess I'm the only one who hates that we won the game. We lost the pick that we needed to get a top tier QB out of the draft and we may be right where we are today next season because of the win. Now The Giants will pick a QB in front of us the Colts they may also pick up one. Remember Luck hasn't played this season and no I do not want him here he's not all he seems to be. I think he's more hurt then they are saying. the Browns have Houston's 1st so they could pick 2 before we get our pick. as of today we are top 5 or 6 we beat the colts Thursday and we could be 10 The Darnold's and the Rosen's are out of the question at that point we will be looking at a possible miss with Jackson the kid Josh Allen or Thorton who I was looking at before we had the chance at one of the better QB's. Well I just don't want to be sitting on the clock and have to take the best player available and that player is a O-linemen who becomes a guard like all our tackles do. I hate pulling against my team but if it's for the better of the team. :x :x
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:28 am

Hoppy wrote:I guess I'm the only one who hates that we won the game. :x

It's a tough situation. I don't want Denver to lose or drop in the draft. I think the team needed this one though, especially the defense. They needed to come out and show they can still dominate another team. Yes, it was the hapless Jets, but still. It will be curious to see what happens this off-season, Elway has fired coaches for less.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 am

So this is more general football related in response to NE's attempted onside kick, but why don't these kickers just nail someone in the front line? It would probably work just as often if not more than what they do now. They should have the accuracy. Just set up a 1 man tackling sled in the kicking practice and start hitting it from 15-20 yards away as hard as you can. Even better, when teams know you are onside kicking they normally lump people together, more people in one place = easier to hit one. Most of these guys will never catch that line drive kick, even receivers would struggle with it due to the way the ball would be spinning since they can't get under it.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 am

First mock I've seen yet. Has us picking 6 and taking an offensive tackle, orlando brown. Sounds like a character from the movie Zombieland :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/nf ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:So this is more general football related in response to NE's attempted onside kick, but why don't these kickers just nail someone in the front line? It would probably work just as often if not more than what they do now. They should have the accuracy. Just set up a 1 man tackling sled in the kicking practice and start hitting it from 15-20 yards away as hard as you can. Even better, when teams know you are onside kicking they normally lump people together, more people in one place = easier to hit one. Most of these guys will never catch that line drive kick, even receivers would struggle with it due to the way the ball would be spinning since they can't get under it.

That worked in that movie but these players would just play dodge ball with it and move aside and by the time it rolled back to the backline they would just fall on it. or it would go out of bounce depending on where it's kicked. :lol:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:First mock I've seen yet. Has us picking 6 and taking an offensive tackle, orlando brown. Sounds like a character from the movie Zombieland :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/nf ... li=BBnb7Kz

This one makes me think that the people who do these things think Elway is just stupid. I can't see Elway standing still when we have the poorest QB play in the history of our team or at least since I've been a fan and that was 1980 when I moved to Denver. If The 9ers are looking for a edge rusher why not trade with them and send them one swap spots with them and pick a QB instead of sitting back and just watching the best of the class go to other places. We need a QB not a tackle who has to come in and learn like Bolles did and now seems like we want to move him to the right side. Makes me feel like the people who do these things are right about Elway. I see mocks all the time here I'll post a few when I see them
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:That worked in that movie but these players would just play dodge ball with it and move aside and by the time it rolled back to the backline they would just fall on it. or it would go out of bounce depending on where it's kicked. :lol:

Lol, the waterboy! forgot about that. If it was moving fast enough you think they could move out of the way? I don't think it would work everything, you'd have to catch them off guard. I figure most onside attempts fail anyways so why not? :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Hoppy wrote:This one makes me think that the people who do these things think Elway is just stupid. I can't see Elway standing still when we have the poorest QB play in the history of our team or at least since I've been a fan and that was 1980 when I moved to Denver. If The 9ers are looking for a edge rusher why not trade with them and send them one swap spots with them and pick a QB instead of sitting back and just watching the best of the class go to other places. We need a QB not a tackle who has to come in and learn like Bolles did and now seems like we want to move him to the right side. Makes me feel like the people who do these things are right about Elway. I see mocks all the time here I'll post a few when I see them

Yeah I'm not sure. A trade with the 49ers doesn't seem too out there given the relationship between our FOs. These things never really take trades into account either but it could have been in the notes below as an option. I know I don't follow college ball closely but the QB names don't seem to stand out as much this year as in previous ones. I just don't want to waste another high pick on another QB who doesn't see the field. I still want to see what Kid Kelly can do also. If he's legit I wouldn't mind him backed up by Siemian. What talent Lynch has/had may be spoiled now, young QBs need special attention and if they aren't raised properly from the beginning never seem to live up to their initial potential.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 am

Lol, Hop gonna be ticked about the game last night :lol:

In all honesty, I think if Siemian hadn't gotten hurt we would have lost. Oz came in and threw the whole Indy Defense off its plan. Oz did play a nice game though. A lot of great passes into tight quarters. Jeff Heurman's (spelling??) TD catch and run was fun with him shoving the defender off him and spinning away. I think it was latimer that had several great catches, 1 for a TD that will be in the highlights. Probably dropped another 4-5 spots in the draft but it was a fun game.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)