AFC East Miami Dolphins

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC East Miami Dolphins

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:37 am

I'm back, kicksie (and all others who care)! Looking for our only other Fin Fan, my good friend Try Thinking. He's been so busy with work, his posting time is seriously limited, but I think maybe after the holidays he'll be back (if for no other reason but to put me in my place, tee hee). Love to alll!!!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:49 pm

I know I'm not a fins fan but we look great today so far Go Dolphins !!!!
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Hoppy wrote:I know I'm not a fins fan but we look great today so far Go Dolphins !!!!

They did it Hop... WTG Dolphins...Thank you from the Broncos :D
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:08 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I know I'm not a fins fan but we look great today so far Go Dolphins !!!!

They did it Hop... WTG Dolphins...Thank you from the Broncos :D

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:15 am

Thank you Fins and fans. :D
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Happy to oblige everyone with that spectacular Dolphin win yesterday! I knew it was coming (a compliment to the coach) and who better to see down and out than the Patriots. Hopefully that snot Brady now understands what it's like to be tossed to the ground like a rag doll (an experience our poor Tannehill faces weekly. BB and Bratty Brady are the two sorest losers I've ever seen and it was great fun to be surrounded and over-run by all those Pat fans as they grew quieter and quieter and quieter as the day moved on and they realized the Fins were definitely not going to let this one go.

Best of luck with all your teams in the playoffs--and thanks for all your support!!! <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Just popping in to say hello and wonder if there will be anything to talk about in the offseason, well excluding the new patio cover we'll be getting. :shock:
Really enjoyed the pretty boy being knocked on his ass a couple of times!
The fins have some major retooling to take care of before next season.
Started off nicely with the firing of some of the dead wood, however it will all be for not if they don't bring in a real HC, and not just another puppet that collects a check via the strings Ross is pulling.

Oh yeah, there was another bright spot I forgot about... thank you Falcons... yeah you know why. :D :up:

Go ABBTP!!!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Miami Dolphins Head Coaches since Dave Wannstedt resigned:

2004: Jim Bates, former defensive coordinator, Record: 3-4
2005-06: Nick Saban, college football head coach, Record: 15-17
2007: Cam Cameron, former offensive coordinator, Record 1-15
2008-11: Tony Sporano, former assistant head coach and offensive coordinator, Record: 29-32
2011: Todd Bowles, former assistant head coach and secondary coach, Record: 2-1
2012-15: Joe Philbin, former offensive coordinator, Record: 24-28
2015: Dan Campbell: former TE coach, Record: 5-7

Now we get Adam Gase? Seriously, there were no other coaches out there with HC experience to at least interview?
Of course, now he will be touted as the next best thing, "The Quarterback Whisperer."

I'm containing myself so I don't get put on a time out......

OK, now to try and be positive.... we got a coach signed, he may want to institute a fast paced offense, we will have a new patio cover... wait scratch that... we have a dynamic set of wideouts, our sacks on Tannehill went down a tad bit to 45...... ah man, starting to get frustrated again.... i'll stop before I get PO'd and just wait and see what pans out for us in the off-season... :roll:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 am

I'm with you all the way, Try. If we were going to go with a coach with no head coaching experience, they could have stayed with Campbell! He had the heart, the players loved him and with a little bit of help, he might have be able to pick his own coaches rather than working with the crap we had left over from Philbin's mess. From the news coming out since the season ended (for us), Philbin was even stupider than I had given him credit for (if that's possible). That frickin' idiot Ross has got to get his head out of his butt or we're never going to get out of ther mess we're in. I certainly have given up hope (barring the possibility of Ross leaving the team) that there will ever be a SB for the Fins during my lifetime. Even a winning season is looking like a wasted dream...
The frustration is overwhelming! Do you get the Bleacher Report, Try? you ought to order it. It's free and covers a number of the pundits inside info. Of course when it comes to the Fins, it just gets uglier and uglier, but it is always interesting to learn the little insider tidbits.
That moron Ross just came out with one of his stupider statements. He had me throwing up in my mouth! He says he sees us winning many SBs under the new head coach. Really? He just has to learn to shut his mouth!!!!!
Hope I see you around in the off season...it's the only time we can speculate and not have our hearts handed to us on Sundays....
TryThinking wrote:Miami Dolphins Head Coaches since Dave Wannstedt resigned:

2004: Jim Bates, former defensive coordinator, Record: 3-4
2005-06: Nick Saban, college football head coach, Record: 15-17
2007: Cam Cameron, former offensive coordinator, Record 1-15
2008-11: Tony Sporano, former assistant head coach and offensive coordinator, Record: 29-32
2011: Todd Bowles, former assistant head coach and secondary coach, Record: 2-1
2012-15: Joe Philbin, former offensive coordinator, Record: 24-28
2015: Dan Campbell: former TE coach, Record: 5-7

Now we get Adam Gase? Seriously, there were no other coaches out there with HC experience to at least interview?
Of course, now he will be touted as the next best thing, "The Quarterback Whisperer."

I'm containing myself so I don't get put on a time out......

OK, now to try and be positive.... we got a coach signed, he may want to institute a fast paced offense, we will have a new patio cover... wait scratch that... we have a dynamic set of wideouts, our sacks on Tannehill went down a tad bit to 45...... ah man, starting to get frustrated again.... i'll stop before I get PO'd and just wait and see what pans out for us in the off-season... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:14 pm

[b]It's truly an enigma to me how Bonehead Ross can not allow Campbell (who picked up a team that was in total shambles and went out there every single week after his appointment with a great attitude - completely winning over the respect of the team) a shot at the head coaching job because he'd never had head coaching experience...and then hire a head coach who has never had any head coaching experience. He's such a yutz and so very predictable. I was sorry to see him go and wish him well...[/b]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Hoppy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:45 pm

The Dolphins are looking strong this FA season. The trade to build your defense big signing to help suey on the line now Forte if you get him I may have to move your team up infront of the jets in your division. Gase is a good coach. Alonso and Maxwell will help you cover Gronk and Alonso is a hitter when healthy Enjoy the off season
Hoppy
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Hoppy...For the past ten-plus years we've heard that the Fins were going to be big stuff in the coming season. It is my contention that so long as that uber-moron remains as owner of the team, we are f*xcked and won't see any sign of being a winner. Sad,, but true. If talk were scores it might be different but they have yet to find the right combo to knock this team into shape. Heartbreaking... :break: :break: :break: :break: :break:
Hoppy wrote:The Dolphins are looking strong this FA season. The trade to build your defense big signing to help suey on the line now Forte if you get him I may have to move your team up infront of the jets in your division. Gase is a good coach. Alonso and Maxwell will help you cover Gronk and Alonso is a hitter when healthy Enjoy the off season
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Hoppy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:59 pm

cklaurence wrote:Hoppy...For the past ten-plus years we've heard that the Fins were going to be big stuff in the coming season. It is my contention that so long as that uber-moron remains as owner of the team, we are f*xcked and won't see any sign of being a winner. Sad,, but true. If talk were scores it might be different but they have yet to find the right combo to knock this team into shape. Heartbreaking... :break: :break: :break: :break: :break:
Hoppy wrote:The Dolphins are looking strong this FA season. The trade to build your defense big signing to help suey on the line now Forte if you get him I may have to move your team up infront of the jets in your division. Gase is a good coach. Alonso and Maxwell will help you cover Gronk and Alonso is a hitter when healthy Enjoy the off season

just so you know I'm pulling for you. at least you know who your QB is LOL
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Tue May 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Hey CK!!!!

You had an interesting draft. Tunsil for your first pick. That was a "smoking" pick, I must say.

Hee Hee.... Just giving you a hard time. He has the potential to be a huge impact player for your team. Many of the talking heads had him as the best possible player in the draft not long ago.

Hoping for a great year for your team. I'm still on cloud 9 that the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

Hope to also see you and Thinking around here a bit more. Cheers!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:13 am

kicks wrote:Hey CK!!!!

You had an interesting draft. Tunsil for your first pick. That was a "smoking" pick, I must say.

Hee Hee.... Just giving you a hard time. He has the potential to be a huge impact player for your team. Many of the talking heads had him as the best possible player in the draft not long ago.

Hoping for a great year for your team. I'm still on cloud 9 that the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

Hey doll!! Thanks for the tweak--which I am sure is only the beginning of a season full of more teasing. I know how great you must be feeling and you will carry that feeling with you for the rest of your life--I know that because I still fall back on our Superbowls to remind me that there's always a chance. It's amazing that you won too because I just couldn't help myself from root for you and you know how dangerous that is! I've always been a Peyton fan, and how classy is he--retiring on top! Most guys can't bring themselves to do that. My poor Danny was stripped of defenders and receivers and retired in shame after a 62-7 playoff game vs. Jacksonville. Alas, I still mourn.

Looking for things to get a bit busier here now that season is creeping up on us. Try to spread the word--you're always so good about that. Love you! c
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:39 am

Hey Kickster!!! I'm sorry it has taken so long, but I've been not too well . In June I was with my grandson in NJ for two weeks (or was it July?)--then, since I got back it's been one thing after another. I'm back now, so I hope the action speeds up. It seems a little chattier already now that preseason is upon us and I'm guessing as it gets closer and closer to September, it should get busier here. I hope so, cuz not a lot of people here want to listen to me moaning about my team's (numerous) problems. Again CONTRATS TO YOU AND ALL THE OTHER BRONCO FANS! So many teams were looking toward your team to bring off the win--Peyton has more fans throughout the world--and knowing that was probably his last game, upped the ante considerably...Love to all.
cklaurence wrote:
kicks wrote:Hey CK!!!!

Hey doll!! Thanks for the tweak--which I am sure is only the beginning of a season full of more teasing. I know how great you must be feeling and you will carry that feeling with you for the rest of your life--I know that because I still fall back on our Superbowls to remind me that there's always a chance. It's amazing that you won too because I just couldn't help myself from root for you and you know how dangerous that is! I've always been a Peyton fan, and how classy is he--retiring on top! Most guys can't bring themselves to do that. My poor Danny was stripped of defenders and receivers and retired in shame after a 62-7 playoff game vs. Jacksonville. Alas, I still mourn.

Looking for things to get a bit busier here now that season is creeping up on us. Try to spread the word--you're always so good about that. Love you! c
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:41 am

TRY THINKING--ARE YOU AROUND? I need a Dolphin Buddy to talk to....after Friday's game I thought I would be seeing you here so we could dissect it. Do you think there were two separate, like 1st half and 2nd half or that Gase is a motivator at half time. We haven't had one of them for many many years...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:53 am

Tonight in Orlando (should have been in Miami, but surprise! surprise! the Hot Rock stadium is not finished) the Fins play their third preseason game. It's always fun to guess which team will show up... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Where the hell is Try? lol

Go Fins!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Congrats on the Playoffs. I told you at the start of the season I like your chances. for the Playoffs now that you're there it's a new season and any given Sunday Good luck
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Good luck to your Fins CK and Try. Hope your holidays were great.
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Congratulations on a breakthrough season. I was pulling for you guys but sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we hoped it would.

All the best, always.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)