AFC East Miami Dolphins

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC East Miami Dolphins

Postby cklaurence » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:46 am

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

As for football--no sense in beating a dead horse. I've been saying it for years. You do the same thing year after year expecting a different ending (i.e.keeping that empty headed loser as head coach) is the purest definition of crazy!
If I were running the show, I'd fire his ass NOW, then hire the craziest of the crazies out there to come in and beat some sense into that team and watch the situation change really quickly. We passed on the Jet coach, we passed on Chan Gailey, put a wad of cash into making the stadium fancy shmancy for the wealthy and what've we got? Another year of mediocrity and being the laughing stock of our division. I have not use for this kind of crap and I don't have enough time left in my life to wait for change,,, :twisted:

C'mon man, don't sugar coat it... how do you really feel?!
:lol:

exit stage left, off to another 10-12 hour day :poof:

I would, but I'd be afraid Peace would give me a time out, lol.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:32 am

Just plain ugly football by the Phins this week....nuff said.... :?
If the real D doesn't show up, we're toast... seriously, who pays a hundred million for a top player then changes the way he's suppose to play? WTF

Go Dolphins!!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 am

TryThinking wrote:Just plain ugly football by the Phins this week....nuff said.... :?
If the real D doesn't show up, we're toast... seriously, who pays a hundred million for a top player then changes the way he's suppose to play? WTF

Go Dolphins!!

The dumbest head coach in the history of football - JOE PHILBIN! :twisted:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:25 pm

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Just plain ugly football by the Phins this week....nuff said.... :?

Go Dolphins!!

and I would be the dumbest Dolphan, if I even remotely tried to argue that point... :shock:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:59 pm

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

Go Dolphins!!

and I would be the dumbest Dolphan, if I even remotely tried to argue that point... :shock:

That guys name can't be Joe!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha always gets better. Its the freaking waiting part that sugggs.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:55 pm

PATHETIC!!!
EMBARRASSING
COACHES MUST GO
ROSS MAKE IT HAPPEN
OR SELL THE TEAM TO SOMEONE
WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT WINNING!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:02 pm

cklaurence wrote:

Go Dolphins!!

Looks like You maybe getting your wish CK....looks like Philbin is gone...same thing happened to Dennis Allen...we lost in London and he was gone ....didn't even get a plane ride home...only kidding about the last part.
Good Luck the rest of the way.
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm

PHILBIN FIRED!!

Long overdue, and show the fans that you really mean it and get rid of the DC also. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that when you hire the most expensive free agent on the market, (Suh) then make him change the way he plays his game, (the reason you hired him to begin with) you are just plain incompetent, or you just hired him for the publicity factor to sell more tickets.... do the right thing and get a DC in there to make use of the $100m worth of talent that you spent on him.... just sayin'
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 pm

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD - THE WICKED WITCH, THE MEAN OLD WHITCH, THE BIGGEST BITCH--DING DONG THE BIGGEST BITCHY BITCH IS DEAD!!!

COYLE AND PHILBIN ARE GONE, BUT EVERYONE posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=235#ELSE IS STILL THERE. UNFORTUNATELY, ROSS IS STILL HERE AS WELL AND HE'S GOING TO BE PICKING THE REPLACEMENTS. MY NEXT QUEST IS TO FIND AN OWNER THAT ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!!! WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD NOW...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:18 am

They're already sending out Bleacher Reports warning us that we can't expect any major changes just because Philbin was fired. DUH!!!!! :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:57 pm

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Dolphins fired their Defensive coordinator too!!!

Maybe now we can let Suh do what he does best , and get after the QB's!

Maybe now we put the talent we have on both sides of the ball to good use and still try and salvage this season.... maybe, just maybe we can finally get on the right track of building the winning tradition that I grew up with...

one can only hope that the ship can be set sail on the proper course....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 am

TryThinking wrote:YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Maybe now we put the talent we have on both sides of the ball to good use and still try and salvage this season.... maybe, just maybe we can finally get on the right track of building the winning tradition that I grew up with...

So many rotten apples in that barrel. They need to bring in all new coaches an most importantly, a new owner!!! :twisted: :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:00 pm

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

So many rotten apples in that barrel. They need to bring in all new coaches an most importantly, a new owner!!! :twisted: :break:

It would take a major fan revolt/boycott to get Ross out of there, sorry to say, because he's led us down the yellow brick road with smoke and mirrors.
This week will/should give us a bit of a view at the change in game plan/pride that the players have.
I'm hoping the players can pull together and kick some Titan ass this week!

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Well Try--they finally listened to us and put in a live coach who does something other than lulling our players to sleep,while he spends all his time zoned out like a zombie on the side lines four and a quarter years was exactly that many years too long. I hope Ross feels like the lowest form of life because it took him so long to make any attempt at all to go with a new set up... :twisted:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:55 pm

cklaurence wrote:Well Try--they finally listened to us and put in a live coach who does something other than lulling our players to sleep,while he spends all his time zoned out like a zombie on the side lines four and a quarter years was exactly that many years too long. I hope Ross feels like the lowest form of life because it took him so long to make any attempt at all to go with a new set up... :twisted:

I know right? Well, I've been working all day, so unfortunately I didn't get to watch it live, just following it on my phone all day... Lets hope this will light a fire under everyone's ass and let them do the job they're capable of doing.

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:51 pm

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Well Try--they finally listened to us and put in a live coach who does something other than lulling our players to sleep,while he spends all his time zoned out like a zombie on the side lines four and a quarter years was exactly that many years too long. I hope Ross feels like the lowest form of life because it took him so long to make any attempt at all to go with a new set up... :twisted:

I know right? Well, I've been working all day, so unfortunately I didn't get to watch it live, just following it on my phone all day... Lets hope this will light a fire under everyone's ass and let them do the job they're capable of doing.

Go Dolphins!!

We've so many pieces of doody running the show, it's difficult to put your heart and soul into the Fins; however, they looked like the team I haven't seen in so many years. Coach was as excited as the players and they were all working together toward that win. I know it wasn't a top ten team they were playing, but it's not just about the who and it is more about the solidity and fight I hadn't seen since Jason Taylor was on the team. That kind of excitement is just plain catchy--I just hope Campbell can sustain the control he has exhibited so far and gives us back a little of the Dolphin Pride we've been missing so long... :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Go Dolphins!!

We've so many pieces of doody running the show, it's difficult to put your heart and soul into the Fins; however, they looked like the team I haven't seen in so many years. Coach was as excited as the players and they were all working together toward that win. I know it wasn't a top ten team they were playing, but it's not just about the who and it is more about the solidity and fight I hadn't seen since Jason Taylor was on the team. That kind of excitement is just plain catchy--I just hope Campbell can sustain the control he has exhibited so far and gives us back a little of the Dolphin Pride we've been missing so long... :up:

And thus begins a new chapter in the book.

Chapter 5 - The Dolphins discover they have balls.

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter boys and girls.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:45 pm

kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Go Dolphins!!

And thus begins a new chapter in the book.

[color=#008080]kicksie! As always, you make me smile. I love it when you visit the Fins' page! We're hoping last Sunday wasn't a one game stand and then back to Hell. I see a fire in this Coach, though. A huge fire in his belly. He's young, exciting (and excited) and he seems to have that hunger that I never saw in Philbin. I feel sorry for Philbin--after losing his kid and being given 4 years to show he could coach at that level, but it's true that the players play to the level of their coach. All those years and he not only couldn't reach the peak, but before this season began stated he was not going to change his coaching style. I've said it so many times I know, but he defined crazy: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Each year was a carbon copy of the year before, and the humiliation was unbearable. So, we cross our fingers and pray out loud that the re-energized Fins can keep up the good work. I'm surely down for a winning season! Good luck with your Broncos as well, my love :up: <3 /color]

Chapter 5 - The Dolphins discover they have balls.

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter boys and girls.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Wow! That last post got really screwed up... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:31 pm

The streak is alive!!! 2 in a row under the new regime, the true test comes on Thursday when we face Belicheat and the deflators. We have to key in on Brady and taking him to the GROUND, HARD, many times!!! Unleash the Krackens!! Enough with the second guessing Tannehill and his arm, oh by the way, he just set the NFL record for the most consecutive completions at 25! Oh and by the way, he went 18 for 19 and had 4 td's....... IN THE FIRST HALF....just sayin'

Now mind you, I'm well aware of how well the Cheatriots are playing this year and I'm hoping that the historic undefeated season will give the current team a little extra incentive to step it up another notch and take one of the remaining undefeated teams down :evil:

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 am

Good job guys. Now for the Pats. Good luck. Hope you keep your streak alive.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:48 pm

kicks wrote:Good job guys. Now for the Pats. Good luck. Hope you keep your streak alive.

The Cheatriots' QB Bratty is already whining he's afraid the Fins are going to use dirty tactics to hurt him and take him out of the game. Really? The crybabies are concerned that the Fins are going to use nasty-ass tactics against them. Infuckingcredible! Working on spewing doodoo to the world just in case something frightfully unheard of happens, like, um, say--the Fins beating them.

I've had an upset stomach all day today just thinking about the game. On the one hand, it would be wonderful if we could win 3 in a row, although realistically feeling that beating the Patriots after a 4 1/4 year hiatus from winning much of anything is a bit more than we can count on right now. On the other hand should we happen to lose (the more probable scenario due to the fact that they are awfully new to winning and to a coach who is actually breathing), it would be a test to see if they can pick themselves up of the bottoms again and get back to winning...

I'm so nervous I haven't been able to eat all day and the shpilkees in my gavorzagavekin have my reflux in high gear. The damnddest thing is I'll be watching the game with my husband (although I've been trying to talk him into going out on the balcony and drink himself to sleep because he's one of those big mouths who continuously says derogatory stuff about the Fins whenever they're struggling, which of course has been about 15 years. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and fall asleep early in the game and wake up when it's over, lol. It'll at least save my suffering.

Can't believe we have 6 undefeated (or is it 5??) teams this late in the season! It's going to be one helluva competitive year...just someone, please--beat the Cheatriots! Enjoy the game tonight and I hope all your teams have a super weekend... :up: :D <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:28 am

cklaurence wrote:
kicks wrote:Good job guys. Now for the Pats. Good luck. Hope you keep your streak alive.

The Cheatriots' QB Bratty is already whining he's afraid the Fins are going to use dirty tactics to hurt him and take him out of the game. Really? The crybabies are concerned that the Fins are going to use nasty-ass tactics against them. Infuckingcredible! Working on spewing doodoo to the world just in case something frightfully unheard of happens, like, um, say--the Fins beating them.

I've had an upset stomach all day today just thinking about the game. On the one hand, it would be wonderful if we could win 3 in a row, although realistically feeling that beating the Patriots after a 4 1/4 year hiatus from winning much of anything is a bit more than we can count on right now. On the other hand should we happen to lose (the more probable scenario due to the fact that they are awfully new to winning and to a coach who is actually breathing), it would be a test to see if they can pick themselves up of the bottoms again and get back to winning...

I'm so nervous I haven't been able to eat all day and the shpilkees in my gavorzagavekin have my reflux in high gear. The damnddest thing is I'll be watching the game with my husband (although I've been trying to talk him into going out on the balcony and drink himself to sleep because he's one of those big mouths who continuously says derogatory stuff about the Fins whenever they're struggling, which of course has been about 15 years. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and fall asleep early in the game and wake up when it's over, lol. It'll at least save my suffering.

Can't believe we have 6 undefeated (or is it 5??) teams this late in the season! It's going to be one helluva competitive year...just someone, please--beat the Cheatriots! Enjoy the game tonight and I hope all your teams have a super weekend... :up: :D <3

It's 5 undeafeted. But at least one has to lose since we are undeafeted playing GB who is undeafeted. Sorry about the game. You are on a better road I think, than the one you were on before. Happy Halloween CK!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 pm

Checking in regarding Sunday's game. Really--what can I say, but a win is a win, even if it's by only one point.

I feel heartbroken about Peyton M. I hope he will be put back in the line-up again. Shades of Danny Marino. They took away his line, his receivers and then in that last play-off game, they lost 62-7. He retired after that and it was so painful to me that a quarterback (who under the old rules when it was way tougher for them) let go after a game that horrendous. How they allowed it to end there for him is beyond me, and I can only hope they show more respect to Peyton than was shown to Dan M. Give him a couple of games when he's had a good rest and let him go out in such a crappy way. He's always been a hero--a gentleman. Now, you want to talk about someone who deserves a finale like Danny's or Peytons--I think you know to whom I am referring, so I won't dirty up this page by writing his name. I will, however give you a description in case you don't know this particular QB: Smug, self-aggrandizing, humorless, creep who will do anything to win, including cheat. I personally would love to see him go out on a sour note--and I yell a lot, complain, call players names, but I can't ever remember wishing ill on one, but I can't help myself. To me, he hasn't eve one redeeming feature.

I better get out of here before I say something I will regret :twisted: Good night all (for now)...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Hoppy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

As for football--no sense in beating a dead horse. I've been saying it for years. You do the same thing year after year expecting a different ending (i.e.keeping that empty headed loser as head coach) is the purest definition of crazy!
If I were running the show, I'd fire his ass NOW, then hire the craziest of the crazies out there to come in and beat some sense into that team and watch the situation change really quickly. We passed on the Jet coach, we passed on Chan Gailey, put a wad of cash into making the stadium fancy shmancy for the wealthy and what've we got? Another year of mediocrity and being the laughing stock of our division. I have not use for this kind of crap and I don't have enough time left in my life to wait for change,,, :twisted:

C'mon man, don't sugar coat it... how do you really feel?!
:lol:

exit stage left, off to another 10-12 hour day :poof:

I would, but I'd be afraid Peace would give me a time out, lol.

Seems I read somewhere that the Williams sisters had some part of your team along with J-Z. If this is true that explains why they spend money on boxes and not on the team Too Many hands in the cookie jar. Just a thought
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:55 am

cklaurence wrote:Checking in regarding Sunday's game. Really--what can I say, but a win is a win, even if it's by only one point.

I feel heartbroken about Peyton M. I hope he will be put back in the line-up again. Shades of Danny Marino. They took away his line, his receivers and then in that last play-off game, they lost 62-7. He retired after that and it was so painful to me that a quarterback (who under the old rules when it was way tougher for them) let go after a game that horrendous. How they allowed it to end there for him is beyond me, and I can only hope they show more respect to Peyton than was shown to Dan M. Give him a couple of games when he's had a good rest and let him go out in such a crappy way. He's always been a hero--a gentleman. Now, you want to talk about someone who deserves a finale like Danny's or Peytons--I think you know to whom I am referring, so I won't dirty up this page by writing his name. I will, however give you a description in case you don't know this particular QB: Smug, self-aggrandizing, humorless, creep who will do anything to win, including cheat. I personally would love to see him go out on a sour note--and I yell a lot, complain, call players names, but I can't ever remember wishing ill on one, but I can't help myself. To me, he hasn't eve one redeeming feature.

I better get out of here before I say something I will regret :twisted: Good night all (for now)...

You feel the same way about Dan most of Denver Fans feel about Peyton. I'll ask you this would you want to see Dan look like Peyton Or go out with the Memories that we all have a great HOF QB. I'm happy Dan went out the way he did he was on top. No he didn't have a ring but he will always be know as the best QB who never won and should have had one. His legacy wasn't tarnished because his play became that way. Manning is hurting his Memory Father time caught up with him.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Checking in regarding Sunday's game. Really--what can I say, but a win is a win, even if it's by only one point.

You feel the same way about Dan most of Denver Fans feel about Peyton. I'll ask you this would you want to see Dan look like Peyton Or go out with the Memories that we all have a great HOF QB. I'm happy Dan went out the way he did he was on top. No he didn't have a ring but he will always be know as the best QB who never won and should have had one. His legacy wasn't tarnished because his play became that way. Manning is hurting his Memory Father time caught up with him.

I feel the same about Peyton as I felt about Danny--I can't stand to have their memories tarnished. Danny leaving on a 62-7 loss and Peyton got benched. For Danny, it's just plain too late...but I want to see Peyton have the chance to play one more game--or even just a series, so he can go out on top, where he belongs...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:50 am

I like Manning a lot CK. But I am a Denver Bronco fan and will follow this team no matter who the general is. I would like to see him win one more and get the sole possession of most wins ever by a QB. I would like to see him win a Superbowl. Don't think that will happen. I think he's done. Time will tell. He's stubborn for sure.

Hope all is well with you! Hugs your way!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Well, the so-called 'secret' is out--the Dolphins are openly being called "the clowns of the NFL." I've been screaming about it for the past few years (ever since that pigheaded p.o.s. Ross took over the team's reigns, but the talking heads (Rich Gannon in particular) have stopped defending Ross and mouthing all his platitudes about how great the team will be NEXT year. No more excuses, claims, promises, personnel or otherwise. There is no saving the team this year and only a total makeover will give us any hope for future years. The most important "makeover" move would be to get rid of Ross. So long as he stays, so stays the mess. It all begins and ends with him. I've said it so many times over the past four years, I can't even stand the sound of my own voice shouting into the wind. We are stunted unless and until that egomaniac vacates the building and he shows no sign at all of leaving any time in the near future.
I wore a t-shirt to the game last week. I got it many many years ago when it was funny, because I was so young. The front of the shirt reads 'JUST ONE MORE BEFORE I DIE.' Of course back in the day when I bought it, it was pretty funny. Now I'm 68 years old and don't find it at all amusing.... :roll: :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Sooo.... If they never win the SB again, you will live forever. That's my take on your post. :D
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)