****Adding New registered users****

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

****Adding New registered users****

Postby Keeping The Peace » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:35 pm

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

This is a forum to "ADD" a prospective new members username.
The reason this is here, is to help circumvent the spam-bots that are rampant on the Internet currently. We have to delete thousands of "FAKE" new user requests. That is why the registration process was changed.

We imagine from time to time someone/thing will sneak past the current measures we have setup for them to join. However upon the first spamming incident, they will either get warned or booted, depending on what it was.

So, to help facilitate a quicker authorization of a new member, just post the new users "exact" name in a post here and we will get them authorized. Remember, that you're basically giving them a reference to get in because you know them from one of the other sports boards.

Thank you for joining us and we hope you all have a good time while you're here. Remember to have patience with some of the teams regular posters not coming over to this location to join in. If/when they see other people having good conversations here, they're more likely to join in and sign up.

A bit of reference; the very first location we had setup was very busy and the conversations would go on throughout the day and night. the drawback to it was that it was all linear and harder to follow conversations as you would have to scroll back to see what was said. That is why we created this format, as it's much easier to keep up, answer, start conversations. The added benefit of posting images, creating avatars, and posting your text in a variety of colors and styles is also a plus.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Re: ****Adding New registered users****

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks Peace!! Makes my job a lot easier. :D
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:03 pm

I remember that, and yes it did tend to roll on and on, becoming difficult to follow a thread of conversation. Also, around that time I was (along with Ute and others) involved in setting up a sports blog (it continues to this day, without me that is) and it is far from easy. Patience? being Apache and Raider lifer we gotz like forever, or here at least until the sand runs out.

I see 2 mods here, one Justice, the other Peace. Which is pretty much saying Hank and Joe. Nice

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 pm

:up:
kicks wrote:Thanks Peace!! Makes my job a lot easier. :D
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:51 pm

what about old users who cant remember their password or the email account they used..?
dredwak
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:05 pm

dredwak wrote:what about old users who cant remember their password or the email account they used..?

Well if they can't remember their password, they can have it sent to the email that they registered with. If they forgot the email, then they are going to have to reregister with a slightly different name and a new email. Just like a new user. Register... Tell us new user name... Etc... Etc..
kicks
All Pro

Postby Keeping The Peace » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:56 am

dredwak wrote:what about old users who cant remember their password or the email account they used..?

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

We won't let anyone's account be compromised here, so the "only way" we will try and help someone remember their old information is to send their password to their old email account that they used to signup prior. That way they would need to know the password of the email account that they used to create their account here. If they do not know that, the only other option is to create a "new username" and password to join up again.

If someone is indeed trying to get help in finding/remembering their original email that they used when registering, they need to let us know what their "username" was and we can find the email name that they used. The only way for us to know that is by having someone that is currently registered here, post their name for them. We can handle it in three different ways:
1) Post the email address here in this forum so they can see it? (as all guests can read our forum without being logged in)
2) Have us send the email address to the person that posted their "username" in here, and then they can pass it along without it being posted in here.

3) Have a current user send me "KeepingThePeace" a PM, (Private Mail) and I will send that information back to them to pass on to you.
(I would recommend this option first)

Other than that, you would have to go through the original process of creating a new unique username and password and we will authorize it like any new user has to do. In any case, we still need to know the username that someone has created to be able to authorize their account.
(this is the new process, which is working, that we are using to circumvent the trolls/spammers/auto-bots that try and get in daily)

Thank you to everyone that is trying to help this place grow and be a good place to hang with like-minded people.

I hope this information helps you understand the method and reason for it.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby luckylarry » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:22 am

Thanks Kicks! :D
Go Steelers!
luckylarry
Veteran

Postby kicks » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 am

luckylarry wrote:Thanks Kicks! :D

Most welcome good sir!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:06 pm

There might be users that are trying to get in that have registered and are waiting in limbo. If this is you, drop me a PM at Facebook under the user name of kicks kickster or email me at Switzerlandkicks@yahoo.com
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:44 pm

If you're contacted by T La Mana, let him in. An infrequent poster, but a good guy!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:02 pm

HutOne wrote:If you're contacted by T La Mana, let him in. An infrequent poster, but a good guy!

:up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby Keeping The Peace » Sun May 10, 2015 10:00 pm

loutex wrote:
HutOne wrote:If you're contacted by T La Mana, let him in. An infrequent poster, but a good guy!

:up: :up:

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

No one by that username tried to register as of this time.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:19 am

Welcome to all new users. It's about that time...new and old users start coming by during the preseason. Wishing new and old the very best. As everyone knows, I am not objective--but I am a Dolphin fan, so I don't bring much to the table. The Fins somehow lost their competitive spirit when Danny Marino left the team and I go to every game (never gave up my four seats), then come back to Switzerland to whine about our p.o.s. owner.
As I said, I do welcome you and hope your teams do well!!!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)