AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Postby kicks » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:26 am

Here is a place to chat about the Kansas City Chiefs.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Re: AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:49 pm

I have like 5 of the Chiefs in. Check out the front page of the Bronco site for instructions on posting pics VA. Enjoy. It will be slow at first. Every great river starts with a small trickle.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Welcome UPYRS. Have fun guys.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Work on some avs. Lots of naked Chiefs up in here. :lol:

There is personal email as well. It is the red envelope below your naked av.
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:19 pm

UPYRS wrote:Can't seem to get the avatar...no matter what pic I select it's either to big or to small :?

Good to see you my friend! Resize it.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:21 pm

Utah can help you out with the av. I am beat. I have been promoting this place all weekend. A couple of beers are calling me.
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Glad 8-) to see you guys. If you need any assistance...just whistle. Good to see you here.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:34 am

ChiefGuy76 wrote:How do you change the font and size......I click on the buttons and it just puts a stupid code in the box?? :twisted:

Highlight your post and then choose font size, color, and etc.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:57 am

I noticed you guys think you need to refresh after each post? You don't. Make your post and before you can count to 10 it will redirect you back. Have a great day!

As for sports dog. He is one of your guys. I hope he knows I am not ex finally. Have him hit up my Facebook if he wants in.
kicks
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:05 pm

ChiefGuy76 wrote:Ya Kicks, I was actually talking about "new" posts from different users. You have to refresh the page to see new comments, yes?

If you look above, you should see "View new posts" and if you click that it will bring up ALL the new posts on the forum that you have not yet read.
Hope that helps, BTW if you go into the
"Peaceful Corner" forum, there's information that will help the newbies get up to speed quicker.
Enjoy the place, it is pretty cool with minimal moderator intervention. You have to do something a bit over the top to catch their wrath.
:D
Last edited by TryThinking on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Pollster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:37 pm

I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself.
People call me
"Pollster" and I'm one of the moderators here in the Land of Swiss.
Further on down the road when everyone gets settled in and comfortable, we'll reopen a couple other forums for some fun stuff.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any issues, or you can just click on the triangle on a post to report it for some reason.
A good reason would be trolling/spamming/harassing/basic assholeness, and one of the Moderators will address the issue.
I have to say that there's not been too many trolls over here, or our previous website/forum in the past.

Enjoy, have a good time and oh yeah..... ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??
1 vote per person is all we ask!
Pollster

Postby Justice » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I suppose its time for me to say hello since the moderators are introducing themselves. Welcome everyone to Switzerland. Enjoy your stay. Let your friends know about the place if you like it. Have them contact kicks or Utah with a user name so that they can get in the swinging doors.
Justice

Postby Justice » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

VAChiefsfan, I suppose either will work.
Justice

Postby Keeping The Peace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:23 pm

VAChiefsFan wrote:
basic assholeness

A quick semantic question: Do we call it "basic assholeness" OR
"basic assholedness" ...?

Thanks for the welcome!!

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Yeah I think they both will work, one thing you won't see the mods doing is correcting your grammar.
We're not the spelling police here, even if I might be a little CDO, that's the same thing as "OCD" only in the correct alphabetical order. :D

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 am

There are 5 or 6 of you registered. Give it time. Spread the word. Activity is the most important thing. They see a dead page and they won't come. So keep posting away.
kicks
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:14 pm

VAChiefsFan wrote:
ChiefGuy76 wrote:Site doesn't seem to be catching on with the fellow Chieftains.......hmmmm

I believe the problem is the cite does not allow direct response to specific posts -- It is "linear" - one has to go all the way down to track conversations. Several years ago I posted on a site "Wild Bill's Chiefs" which was exactly like this site - however - it had posts organized in which the was posting as to specific subjects - much as UPS does with his C&P's - and people then comment on that threads. This approach leads to excellent football discussions. My sense is the mods should adapt the site to allow for a range of specific topics / mini-pages under each team page -- That would result in good discussions. Otherwise, a LOT more good things for posting here... I am certain the good folks on the Denver page likely are seeing the same things...

hi...im dred...a Cowboy fan...you can set your board preferences so the last post is on top...
Attachments
user.png
user.png (92.05 KiB) Viewed 31947 times
Last edited by dredwak on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 pm

VAChiefsFan wrote:Thanks dred!! Too bad it is not easier to post directly to others...

you can use the quote button...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 pm

we can pass this back and forth as a conversation...
dredwak wrote:
VAChiefsFan wrote:Thanks dred!! Too bad it is not easier to post directly to others...

dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 pm

dredwak wrote:we can pass this back and forth as a conversation...
dredwak wrote:

and it works okay as long as we add stuff at the bottom...hahahaha...
whenever someone adds to this convo it returns to the top of the page...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:33 pm

dredwak wrote:
dredwak wrote:we can pass this back and forth as a conversation...
dredwak wrote:

and it works okay as long as we add stuff at the bottom...hahahaha...
whenever someone adds to this convo it returns to the top of the page...

im relearning all this stuff too...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Justice » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:05 am

VAChiefsFan wrote:
ChiefGuy76 wrote:Site doesn't seem to be catching on with the fellow Chieftains.......hmmmm

I believe the problem is the cite does not allow direct response to specific posts -- It is "linear" - one has to go all the way down to track conversations. Several years ago I posted on a site "Wild Bill's Chiefs" which was exactly like this site - however - it had posts organized in which the was posting as to specific subjects - much as UPS does with his C&P's - and people then comment on that threads. This approach leads to excellent football discussions. My sense is the mods should adapt the site to allow for a range of specific topics / mini-pages under each team page -- That would result in good discussions. Otherwise, a LOT more good things for posting here... I am certain the good folks on the Denver page likely are seeing the same things...

VAChiefsFan. I want to address your issue with the format if you don't mind. I was sent a PM (private message) that you were having a discussion on another site that the moderators do not listen to suggestions. In contrary we do. Having perused the CBS site I have never seen a moderator comment on that site. We are called Switzerland because we are neutral and all teams are welcome to gel and talk together.

As for the format. I believe it was addressed by Dred. But I would like to shed another light on this subject. Have you ever been on another site and responded directly under someones post but the poster that you were talking to was not online for several days and the post was buried and never seen? Well, with the quote format, that does not happen. It allows for you to directly respond to someone and have that response seen when you see that poster online and use the quote. We are on version 3.0 here and we have made significant changes to please the posters on our site. We do make an occasional presence when needed but feel that it is best to remain silent for the majority of the time. We are here to help you and intervene when necessary. We do take all comments and suggestions seriously but we have to abide by the wishes of the many and not the few. Thank you for your participation here in Switzerland and we value your input. Happy Easter weekend to all.
Justice

Postby kicks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:10 am

Morning guys. I have had about 8 Chief fans request to join. Some are just watching I guess. Go to members tab and look at the names. Newest ones are at the end. I don't know some of them so it's possible ex could get in. But we have moderator presence so I'm not concerned.

As for rookie status. Keep posting. See what happens.
;)
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 am

Members tab is near the top. Later.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Keeping The Peace » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:27 pm

UPYRS wrote:
UPYRS wrote:Who is online