WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Postby Emeritus » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Smoke something, eh?

I plead my Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate myself. By the way, that's a pretty snappy avatar there, ck.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Emeritus wrote:By the way, that's a pretty snappy avatar there, ck.

:lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:43 am

happy first new year (new swiss) swissies...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:47 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
Emeritus wrote:By the way, that's a pretty snappy avatar there, ck.

:lol:

Same one I've sported all football season, Em. Sparky made it for me back at the Old Swiss when he was a regular. He also made Maineiac, Bags and LadyHawk one as well. Hmmm. Sparky. Another Swiss dropout..... :cry: Who woulda' thunk so many would be gone. Well, Happy New Year wishes to all of those who've moved away from Swiss too. The Best of the Best to all!!! <3
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Er, you are aware that all that we see where your avatar should be is a small red X, aren't you, ck?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Image i see her avatar...but i cant post it...like i can everyone elses...passing strange...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:43 am

Emeritus wrote:Er, you are aware that all that we see where your avatar should be is a small red X, aren't you, ck?

All I see is the little red X as well for CK's avatar... weird.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 am

when i use internet explorer...(which i dont normally do) all i see is a little red x too...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO FAMILY SWISS: PLEASE SEE THE TEAL ZONE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE POST BY C.K. (FORMER FOOTBALL FAN)--THE IMPORTANT MESSAGE IS AT THE END OF THE RAMBLING... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Looks like huangdong78, Grizzled, Flopdingmona and atmomenda have joined or at least registered here at Swiss recently. (User names sure are interesting!). Not sure who any of you are but welcome all - hope to see you comment on any of the 'topics' that might interest you...

Hmmm, any thought to a 'today' type topic that automatically is at the top of the topic list so when anyone opens the Swiss site, it's there. Think some folks struggle a bit navigating Swiss. Peace's 'Corner' is great for help. Just an idea to make Swiss 'easier' to get around and a general type convo topic that's EASY to find / access. Thoughts??? CK, smail if needed....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:17 pm

how about...i dont know...maybe a topic called...SWITZERLAND...Imagenah...too simple...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 pm

"Switzerland" would be a great topic name for a place for newbies to 'sign in' when they first arrive. Perhaps, something like: 'SWITZERLAND NEWBIES, START HERE' - or STOP HERE IF YOU'RE NEW... Then we can have a directory there? PEACE! OH PEACE--WHERE ARE YOU??? Anyone else have thoughts on this? :?: :?: :?:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 pm

i vote...just plain...old...SWITZERLAND...nothing new...just a place where we can all get together...and cry about there not being football for 6 months...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 am

dredwak wrote:i vote...just plain...old...SWITZERLAND...nothing new...just a place where we can all get together...and cry about there not being football for 6 months...

dred, I love the idea of a simple 'Switzerland' topic and keep it on top of the others. Thinking that could be the main topic / thread - kind of like the old Swiss where we could all be at the same 'place' at the same time w/ out trying to chase each other from topic to topic. Especially now, since Hawk fans (unless there's any NE, Jets, ATL, GB, CHI, PITT, BAL fans around) have the only team still playing....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 am

LadyHawk wrote:
Emeritus wrote:Er, you are aware that all that we see where your avatar should be is a small red X, aren't you, ck?

All I see is the little red X as well for CK's avatar... weird.

I somehow lost my Av when I tried to change my picture (away from my game day face, as my team will not be back until next year (at the very least) and I am considering abandoning football anyway... :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 am

So it is agreed, just plain old SWITZERLAND. I'll speak to Peace and see if we can get it to be on the top all the time, and maybe get a note up at sign-in telling people who stumble in off the streets :roll: telling them to visit that topic first?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 pm

If Switzerland is going to ADD another room (to the current 83?!!), perhaps PeaceKeeper should clean off some of the old ones? I mean really... this place is resembling Windsor Castle! 83 rooms... *SMH*
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Well it looks like there are only 2 rooms with any action at all right now. I guess we'll have to wait until people are missing football and looking to the new season for the place to liven up again. Funny, it gets busier here when season is getting heated and then again when people are missing the game so much they need to look to the future and talk to other fanatics. I guess Facebook has really drained our population as well. At least we have this weekend to watch my Patriots soar and LH's Seahawks to crash. MUAHAHAHAHAHA--I am SO excited for the games this weekend!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Hmmm, maybe instead of "adding" another room / topic to the the blog rooms, can 'Switzerland' be one of the featured Forums under Board Index when you first access the site? Think we're all just offering suggestions to make Swiss easy to get around and have a single 'community' type thread that's easy to recognize....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:41 pm

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME - Pardon the dust we're remodeling before the lockout begins in March.
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

JUST A SHORT NOTE TO THE FAITHFUL WHO STILL POST HERE (AND ANYONE *HOOVERING--IF ANYONE IS, IN FACT *HOOVERING ANY MORE)...

I HAVE HEARD TELL THAT THERE ARE FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HAVE BEEN MAKING COMMENTS OUTSIDE OF SWITZERLAND, REFERRING TO OUR LITTLE HOME AS A 'GRAVEYARD.' EVEN IF THAT'S TRUE, AND EVEN THOUGH THE MEMBERSHIP HAS FALLEN OFF SEVERELY OVER THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS--I AM SAD TO HEAR THAT REMARKS TO THAT EFFECT ARE BEING MADE.

TO THOSE WHO HAVE QUESTIONED ME ABOUT SHUTTING IT DOWN HERE, THE ANSWER IS, I HAVE WORKED TOO HARD TO MAKE SWITZERLAND SPECIAL, AND TO KEEP IT RUNNING REGARDLESS OF DROP-OFFS IN MEMBERSHIP, AND I HAVE NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST INTENTION OF CLOSING IT DOWN NOW BECAUSE THINGS ARE SLOW (REALLY, REALLY SLOW).

SWITZERLAND IS AND WILL BE HERE FOR ANYONE WHO CHOSES TO DISCUSS FOOTBALL--OR TO START A ROOM TO DISCUSS WHATEVER ELSE YOU WISH (EVEN IF YOU FIND YOURSELF TALKING TO YOURSELF EVERY NOW AND AGAIN), WITHOUT DISCUSSIONS TURNING INTO BRAWLS, FIGHTS, ARGUING OR THE LIKE.

WITH THE SEASON WINDING QUICKLY DOWN, IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO GET SLOWER, BUT SOONER OR LATER (AND REGARDLESS OF FACEBOOK) FAMILY AND OTHERS CAN VISIT AND TALK OR VENT OR WHATEVER. THE GAMES WILL ALSO CONTINUE (I THINK THE "EYES" ARE THE ONLY SEASON-'ROUND GAME, BUT OTHERS MIGHT BE ADDED IN THE OFF-SEASON BECAUSE NOT ONLY I, BUT THE REST OF MY TINY STAFF WILL BE HERE TO ENTERTAIN YOU AS BEST WE CAN DURING THE PERIOD OF MISERY (OFF-SEASON).

I HOPE THOSE OF YOU THAT STILL VISIT (THE VALIANT FEW :D) WILL CONTINUE TO COME AROUND. PEACE, PETER AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND WILL CONTINUE TO ENJOY OUR LITTLE COUNTRY--SWITZERLAND.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE -- I LOVE YOU.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:47 pm

ive read some of those comments...Image
dredwak
All Pro

Postby StevefromCO » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Hey, ck and Swiss! Pretty crazy year of NFL this is huh? I caught a few of the playoff games so far, entertaining to say the least. May the best two match up in the big dance. I think the NFC Champ game is going to be great again this year. Not sure I want to see the Steelers in Arlington. If they do go and happen to win, that's three in the last six years? I'm a little surprised by that possibilty.
StevefromCO
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Just busy on this end as you know. Treading water like many out there in this economy.
Glass is ½ full......

keep on keeping on
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:01 pm

dredwak wrote:ive read some of those comments...Image

Hey Dred--good to see you (as always <3 ).

Apparently, I was the only one out-of-the-loop about things being said regarding my (still) precious (to me) Switzerland. I guess the people who really care about me didn't want to hurt me, but as it happens--some people who didn't give a rat's ass (about me :roll: )(excuse my inelegance) decided I needed to know. That's okay, because I really should know about what is going on in the outside world and/or what is being said (technically speaking, of course).

After I (sort of :? ) got my act together following the little jolt of reality (big DUH...Zero posts = dead-and-gone Football Forum :shock: ), I chose to do the post advising the world (or whoever gave a crap) know that I had no intention of shutting Switzerland down (which I don't). I love this place, and even if I have to blog to myself, I'm just not ready to give up on it.

The funny thing is--my post brought some interesting things to light. I got several telephone calls (I can't believe that many people had my number, lol!) and emails from various and sundry folk who (I guess) figured that since the word was out, they'd add a little something to my grief :cry: --or in some cases, to say something kind and encouraging :). (You can see how many people decided to come over and post to help bring life back to my dear Switzerland today, right? :lol: )

Well, it was interesting to hear from so many different friends (in some cases) AFTER the post. :idea: I learned even more about the (unfortunate :idea: ) things people have said at those OTHER places :o --and some very, very nice and encouraging :idea: words 8-) from others. :idea: So, live and learn--live and let live--yada yada yada. And, BTW, let me say one further thing to those naysayers who would like to think Switzerland was closing the doors, borders, pages and topics forever...

I AM NOT, I WILL NOT, I HAVE NO INTENTION AT ALL TO CLOSE THIS SITE DOWN (ANY TIME SOON). SWITZERLAND WILL REMAIN OPEN TO ALL WHO WISH TO COME HERE (WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAVE LEFT ON UNHAPPY TERMS, HAPPY TERMS, OR JUST LEFT).

Oh yes, one more thing... To those of you who called, wrote or stopped by and rang my doorbell (NOT :oops: ) to encourage me to keep Switzerland open--THANK YOU <3 ...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 pm

you know me claudia...im not one to stir the pot...Image
but if i thought any of the posts Image were worth mentioning i certainly would have brought them to your attention...
as you know...i think Image
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 pm

dredwak wrote:you know me claudia...im not one to stir the pot...Image
but if i thought any of the posts Image were worth mentioning i certainly would have brought them to your attention...
as you know...i think Image

MY DEAREST DRED: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR MY SMILE, TO A CHUCKLE, TO AN ALL-OUT BELLY LAUGH FOR THE WEEK! YOU KNOW THAT I CONSIDER YOU, YOU KIND AND WONDERFUL MAN, ONE OF MY FRIENDS AS WELL. YOU ABSOLUTELY CHARMED ME WHEN WE SPENT TIME TOGETHER IN INDY. THERE ARE SO FEW GENTLEMEN LEFT IN THE WORLD TODAY, AND YOU ARE CERTAINLY ONE OF THEM!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SMILES YOU'VE GIVEN ME OVER THE YEARS, AND NOW ESPECIALLY, WHEN FRIENDS ARE SO IMPORTANT! (AS ARE THE SMILES :D !!!!) I HOPE WE'LL SEE EACH OTHER THIS COMING SEASON AS WELL. OF COURSE, YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME DOWN HERE FOR A DOLPHIN GAME (IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL IT). LAURENCE MANOR ALWAYS HAS A GUEST ROOM OPEN FOR THOSE SPECIAL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE (OF WHICH YOU ARE ONE). HAVE I MENTIONED HOW SPECIAL I THINK YOU ARE? :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 pm

CK, it was a pleasure to talk to you yesterday. I'd post here in Switzerland if I actually had something worthy to say.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 am

CK my dear I think you need to change your avatar, it's been flying the little red "x" for a while now. :shock:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 am

Since I quit FaceBook over a year ago, all of my posts are here for everybody to read. I've been a big fan of Switzerland from the start, which is why I'm still here. The people here are special to me.
Emeritus
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)