AFC South Houston Texans

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC South Houston Texans

Postby loutex » Fri May 08, 2015 6:51 pm

HutOne wrote:With the draft slot system, it's become easier to sign these guys, unless of course you have a super hero in the say, top ten that feels he is being cheated. The teams can estimate the cap space the draftees will command by their draft position. But like you said, they're signed, no worries!!!

it's always nice when things go smooth up till the start of the season. no distractions at all.just all get on same page asap!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Sat May 09, 2015 2:43 pm

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to your Mom, and Wife (if you two were so blessed) I'm sure your Mom has to be a Saint to have raised you and your wife must be truly amazing to put up with you!!! Remember to give cards and flowers Texas style and maybe, just maybe you'll get that pony for Father's Day!!!
I was going to give you a mule, but you know ................ :cry:
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Sat May 09, 2015 6:35 pm

HutOne wrote:HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to your Mom, and Wife (if you two were so blessed) I'm sure your Mom has to be a Saint to have raised you and your wife must be truly amazing to put up with you!!! Remember to give cards and flowers Texas style and maybe, just maybe you'll get that pony for Father's Day!!!
I was going to give you a mule, but you know ................ :cry:

thanks hut and i will have two saints in the house tomorrow....the one that raised me for 17 years and one that has been married to me for almost 17 years...god only knows how they put up with this ole fart for so long :o : :shock: they say behind every great man there is a greater woman and I am a very lucky man to have two great woman in my life :) :) . and HUT DON'T FORGET THAT VERY SPECIAL WIFE OF YOURS..CAUSE I KNOW SHE IS MORE THAN A SAINT PUTTING UP WITH YOU AND YOUR MULE ALL THESE YEARS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR WIFE TOMORROW AND IF YOUR LUCKY SHE MIGHT GIVE YOU A RIDE ON A PONY !!! <3
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Sat May 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Giddyup!!! :up:
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Sat May 09, 2015 9:06 pm

HutOne wrote:Giddyup!!! :up:

ridedum cowboy!!!!!!!!!yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!!! :lol: :lol:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Mon May 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Lou, sorry about the Rockets. They aren't done but sure are against the ropes. They played a hell of a year.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby loutex » Mon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm

kicks wrote:Lou, sorry about the Rockets. They aren't done but sure are against the ropes. They played a hell of a year.

that they did kicks ....the year was good play with all the injuries ...but this playoff series they look like toast...hats off to the clippers clearly the better team........but it is not over till the fat lady sings....and I think I hear her warming up!!! :roll:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 pm

I always thought the fat lady was related to the grim reaper, still wondering what the song will be when my time comes. Some oldies like "I've Had It" by the Bellnotes or maybe "Come Go With Me" by the Del Vikings. "I'm Movin' On" by Emmylou Harris would be cool! "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" would be easier to take. But I digress, Better the Rockets than you or me!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 am

HutOne wrote:I always thought the fat lady was related to the grim reaper, still wondering what the song will be when my time comes. Some oldies like "I've Had It" by the Bellnotes or maybe "Come Go With Me" by the Del Vikings. "I'm Movin' On" by Emmylou Harris would be cool! "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" would be easier to take. But I digress, Better the Rockets than you or me!!!

totally agree with you hut better them then us...........they younger and can get over it faster!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 am

Congrats Lou on your Rockets victory. They are still in the hunt.
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Wed May 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Apparently the fat lady doesn't know the lyrics to Rocket Man. Keep that throttle on warp speed Lou and bring this one home!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

kicks wrote:Congrats Lou on your Rockets victory. They are still in the hunt.

thanks kicks...they could have just rolled over and said we will try again next year...but they showed that they have heart and the will to win!! :) :)

GO ROCKETS!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Wed May 13, 2015 3:14 pm

HutOne wrote:Apparently the fat lady doesn't know the lyrics to Rocket Man. Keep that throttle on warp speed Lou and bring this one home!!!

MAYBE IT WAS THAT PONY SHE FOUND IN HER BED YESTERDAY MORNING!!! or was it the gag order that judge rocket slapped
on her!! :lol: :lol: dammit scotty I need full warp speed now :!: :!: yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhooooooooo!!!!!! :!: :!:
:up: :up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Fri May 15, 2015 8:11 am

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!! THERE WILL BE A GAME SEVEN!! :D :D :D :D
GO ROCKETS!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 am

loutex wrote:YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!! THERE WILL BE A GAME SEVEN!! :D :D :D :D
GO ROCKETS!!

And they keep on fighting. Game 7 should be a good one. Congrats Lou.
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Sat May 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Rockets away my friend!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Sat May 16, 2015 7:38 pm

HutOne wrote:Rockets away my friend!!!

thanks hut...if they can pull it off sunday for the win ...they will become one of very few teams that were able to come back from a 3 to 1 disadvantage in the playoffs...
GO ROCKETS!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Sat May 16, 2015 7:42 pm

kicks wrote:
loutex wrote:YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!! THERE WILL BE A GAME SEVEN!! :D :D :D :D
GO ROCKETS!!

And they keep on fighting. Game 7 should be a good one. Congrats Lou.

THANKS KICKS....HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!! :) :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Sun May 17, 2015 12:00 pm

WELL it's SUNDAY and a few hours before tip off between the rockets and clippers and at the end of the game a few questions will be answered...will the rockets become one of the few teams to come back down 3 to 1 games to win the series ...will the clippers take the next step forward or will they become known as choke city??? all the answers to follow ..so stay tuned for the game it's going to b e a humdinger!!! scottie I need more power!! dammit jim I am given it all she's got!!!!...warp speed ahead :!: :!:

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby Baglady » Sun May 17, 2015 5:28 pm

loutex wrote:WELL it's SUNDAY and a few hours before tip off between the rockets and clippers and at the end of the game a few questions will be answered...will the rockets become one of the few teams to come back down 3 to 1 games to win the series ...will the clippers take the next step forward or will they become known as choke city??? all the answers to follow ..so stay tuned for the game it's going to b e a humdinger!!! scottie I need more power!! dammit jim I am given it all she's got!!!!...warp speed ahead :!: :!:

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!

loutex, TX's fans, WOW, impressive ROCKETS WIN!!! :up: Love those 'Clutch City' shirts - nothing but RED on my tv screen! G' luck in the W finals and beyond
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Baglady wrote:
loutex wrote:WELL it's SUNDAY and a few hours before tip off between the rockets and clippers and at the end of the game a few questions will be answered...will the rockets become one of the few teams to come back down 3 to 1 games to win the series ...will the clippers take the next step forward or will they become known as choke city??? all the answers to follow ..so stay tuned for the game it's going to b e a humdinger!!! scottie I need more power!! dammit jim I am given it all she's got!!!!...warp speed ahead :!: :!:

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!

loutex, TX's fans, WOW, impressive ROCKETS WIN!!! :up: Love those 'Clutch City' shirts - nothing but RED on my tv screen! G' luck in the W finals and beyond

Hi Bags! hope you are well.
loutex, all the best to you also. Choke city? Not a chance. That is Lakertown home of Showtime the guys with those 16 championship banners hanging up there. Clipshow? they visiting up there. hahaha all the best today.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Mon May 18, 2015 9:35 am

Wow!!!!

Congrats Lou. Coming back from a 3-1 deficit is impressive. Good luck the rest of the way.
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Mon May 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Good afternoon to all.

Like I said yesterday, the Lakers own that part of the state by a mile. As well they should. I beat Mag to the punch line, Clips still clips and they be just visiting. hahaha

Its all fun and games. Have a great day and week.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby loutex » Mon May 18, 2015 3:36 pm

rdrJoe wrote:Good afternoon to all.

Like I said yesterday, the Lakers own that part of the state by a mile. As well they should. I beat Mag to the punch line, Clips still clips and they be just visiting. hahaha

Its all fun and games. Have a great day and week.

Peace !

:up: :up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Mon May 18, 2015 3:44 pm

kicks wrote:Wow!!!!

Congrats Lou. Coming back from a 3-1 deficit is impressive. Good luck the rest of the way.
thanks kicks......a good series win and on to the next one!!! :) :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 am

loutex wrote:

They said that was only the 9th time a team came back from 3-1 deficit to win an NBA playoff series. Rockets have a lot of heart.
kicks
All Pro

Postby loutex » Tue May 19, 2015 8:49 am

kicks wrote:
loutex wrote:

They said that was only the 9th time a team came back from 3-1 deficit to win an NBA playoff series. Rockets have a lot of heart.

:up: :up: :up: do they have a heart of a champion??? stay tuned we will find out starting tonight :!:

GO ROCKETS!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Tue May 19, 2015 12:44 pm

So Far So Great!!!
Attachments
People 23.jpg
People 23.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 21481 times
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Tue May 19, 2015 5:15 pm

HutOne wrote:So Far So Great!!!

HOUSTON WE HAVE A LIFT OFF!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Wed May 20, 2015 8:00 am

I love my Broncos. Always will. But I will admit that when it comes to the NBA I am a bit of a slut I grew up in Northern California and was a big Kings fan. Went to college in Sacramento. Then I moved to Nevada and loved Barkley and became a Rockets fan for a bit. Then I moved to Phoenix and became a Suns fan. They were sooo close for so many years. Then I moved to Ohio and have been a big Lebron fan. Was a Heat fan until he went back to Cleveland and am now a Cavs fan. I think unless a miracle happens, that Golden State takes it all. But as always, I hope your Rockets prove me wrong Lou.

For anyone thinking I am bandwagon, I was a Kings fan (zero titles) for 20 years so that logic is out the window.
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)