AFC North Baltimore Ravens

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC North Baltimore Ravens

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Wow. I've been catching some of the craziness there this evening. Seems dangerous. You guys be careful.

Hut, Bags is a great poster and person. Ck has met her several times. I believe a lot of people used to call her that. I just sort of followed suit. She hasn't swatted me yet for it.

Again, guys be safe. Hope this ends soon.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 pm

loutex wrote:HELLO kat and hut hope you both and your families are safe and sound. I don't know the details of what is going down in baltimore :oops: but my prayers are for the people of Baltimore to find peace in their hearts and the violence to stop cause this is not the answer to the problem..only the innocent suffer from this type of action that is going on...be safe my friends cause it would be tragic to lose some good friends like you to :!: it is just a small group of people that is trying to give Baltimore an bad image and the good people shale over come this bad situation that is happening....god bless Baltimore and the good people of the city ....stay safe my friends and take care of yourselves . <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks Lou, the family of the victim have pleaded for peace, but you're right, certain groups are instigating this violence. To my knowledge most of our nesters are out of range of the violence and are safe. The police are the primary targets so it's personal at this time. I've watched some of this "live" on the internet and it is quite disturbing, understandable and disgusting at the same time.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:58 pm

kicks wrote:Wow. I've been catching some of the craziness there this evening. Seems dangerous. You guys be careful.

Hut, Bags is a great poster and person. Ck has met her several times. I believe a lot of people used to call her that. I just sort of followed suit. She hasn't swatted me yet for it.

Thanks kicks, Bags is a great lady, I'm glad I dropped my Irsay vendetta and took the chance to greet her. I actually feel better about the situation now and will attempt to upload a picture later that will give closure to that era.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Ravens 07.jpg
It's good to let bygones be bygones .....
Ravens 07.jpg (17.64 KiB) Viewed 14418 times
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:57 pm

I guess I win the Brian Williams award for faulty broadcasting. The mobs weren't incited by gangs, instead they were part of the peaceful marches that also took place. A lot of conflicting stories and rumors are spread when something like this happens. The mobs weren't protestors, simply thugs out for a good time and some loot. A mother and her son were forced to evacuate their home that caught fire and burned to the ground. Her son's wheelchair was destroyed in the fire and he is incapable of walking. Lots of victims and grief. As of last night, 15 officers injured, 15 buildings and 144 cars set afire, over 200 arrested, God knows how many victims!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:22 am

Hope everyone is safe in Baltimore...God Bless
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:31 am

TO ALL OUR SWISS FAMILY MEMBERS IN BALTIMORE:

News reports (for whatever they are worth) say it is quieting down, and things are starting to return to normal (whatever that might be after this disastrous run of events). Keeping the Peace, Justice and I hope you're all safe and far away from the awful events that have taken place there. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 am

HutOne wrote:
kicks wrote:Wow. I've been catching some of the craziness there this evening. Seems dangerous. You guys be careful.

Thanks kicks, Bags is a great lady, I'm glad I dropped my Irsay vendetta and took the chance to greet her. I actually feel better about the situation now and will attempt to upload a picture later that will give closure to that era.

Ms Bags has been posting as "The Baglady" for all the time I've known her. If you ask her how or why she started using that icon, I'm sure she'll tell you.

Ms Bags and I have become close friends over the years. We first met in the first year the original Switzerland was formed--2007 I believe. We had a group of female bloggers (Dolphins, Colts, Patriots and Seahawks) and called ourselves "The Divas of Switzerland." There were others that could not make the trip, but I invited all the women for a Divas' Weekend. None of us had ever met prior to that visit, but we immediately were drawn to one another. Several of the male bloggers, as well as Glenda the Good Witch sent donations toward our eating and drinking adventures. We had a wonderful time and Bags and I remained close over the years since. I have been to Indy for a Dolphin game and she has subsequently been down here a couple of times. She is an amazing lady (and I DO mean lady) and is one of the most knowledgeable people in Switzerland. She is familiar with just about every team, not just her Colts and Giants. I guess you can infer that I like her very very much. In fact, I don't know anyone who doesn't like her--and in our world of football, that's a real reach...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby KatRavensGirl » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:30 am

Morning All,
Thank you all so much for dropping by to offer your concern.
Baglady, yes, I have seen your posts on Faux as well. Good to talk with you.

I want to touch on what Hut has been posting on a few sites. This is not gang related. 70% of the people in this particular neighborhood are unemployed and uneducated. They are destroying their own neighborhoods by burning them down. They are attacking law enforcement, as well as each other.

Now this is not to say gangs aren't around, but the initial statement posted by the police which stated the gangs are going to join together to go after the law enforcement was nothing more than a rumor. A few of my friends who are cops in the city even said that gang members have been trying to stop these idiots and they themselves were being attached.

it is a pathetic, cowardly way of dealing with the situation. Are they corrupt cops, you bet but there are far more good cops than bad.

A local DJ, who happens to be black, actually said yesterday that these thugs need to stop blaming everyone else for is happening to them, and start where the problem lies, which is blacks killing blacks. He said once they start admitting this is the real problem, they can begin to figure out how to fix it. This is a man who grew up in Baltimore City.

Baltimore is losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because of these idiots. Business all closed, tourist attractions closed, O's game cancelled, playing today but closed to the public, bars and restaurants all have to close very early because of the 10:00 p.m. to 5:0 a.m. curfew imposed by the mayor. This is just horrifc. But I hope everyone that reads this understands that Baltimore is truly a great city to visit.
KatRavensGirl
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Just want to commend Kat on her post and say I win the Brian Williams award for bad journalism by picking up a rumor and running with it. It seems the worst is over, but we'll see. Thanks for everyone's concern.
Shout out to CK for dropping by, It was nice hearing about the Diva's club and how a social media site can bring people together. And yes, yourself, Ms. Bags, our own Kat, Kicksie , and the other posters that frequent here are truly fine people.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby kicks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Hut, "Kicksie" is NOT amused. :lol:

Anyhoo.... Thank you for the updates. Its so sad how stupid some people can be. Tearing apart their own neighborhood. Hope you get back to normal soon.
kicks
All Pro

Postby loutex » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:20 pm

hello nesters ...sorry haven't been on lately ...dad storm rolled thru Monday and nocked down the power and just gotten it back on shortly ago...trying to catch up on everything that's been happening...glad to see national guard sent in to help out with problem...hope all is well with my nesters and good luck with the draft tomorrow night!! :D
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Was wondering where you got to Lou, damn I hate when that happens. Did you have a backup generator so those fish don't spoil?

Sorry Kicksxx, momentarily forgot this was a football forum. How about dem Broncos!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:57 pm

HutOne wrote:Was wondering where you got to Lou, damn I hate when that happens. Did you have a backup generator so those fish don't spoil?

Sorry Kicksxx, momentarily forgot this was a football forum. How about dem Broncos!!!

have a friend who runs a ice company and went and stored all my frozen goods at his freezer warehouse or we would have one big fish fry on Tuesday...wouldn't have been ready for that one at all.. :) thank goodness for friends :up: :D
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm

loutex wrote:
HutOne wrote:Was wondering where you got to Lou, damn I hate when that happens. Did you have a backup generator so those fish don't spoil?

have a friend who runs a ice company and went and stored all my frozen goods at his freezer warehouse or we would have one big fish fry on Tuesday...wouldn't have been ready for that one at all.. :) thank goodness for friends :up: :D

True dat!!! Good family and friends if we're lucky enough. Good luck to your Texans in the draft tomorrow. You know, at this rate, you may set an all time record for being the fastest poster ever to become a veteran. Were you this active on Fox? I would hope you answer in 25 posts or less :P
HutOne
Rookie

Postby KatRavensGirl » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:52 am

Good Morning Gang,
Today is Fleur's birthday. Hope everyone can drop by the Saints page to wish her a happy BD.

Thank Hut for the comment.
I do want to say I stand corrected on my post about the city losing hundreds of thousands of dollars. As it turns out we are in the millions now. Sad!

I wish I was as confidant that it is going to stop, but the truth of the matter is it could get even worse once the investigation is over. I also don't think Al Sharpton coming to town is going to help either. I think he is going to stir up more emotions and riots.
Hope I am wrong.

I hope everyone has a terrific day!

GO DRAFT!!!
KatRavensGirl
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:28 pm

This is a great day to be a Ravens fan!
GO RAVENS!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 pm

A bunch of folks are going to gather in the Switzerland forum page tonight for the draft. We figure we will all post in our own team room when its close to each teams draft pick, but for the rest of the time, we wanted to have a central location. Pass the word.
kicks
All Pro

Postby loutex » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:00 pm

good pick by ravens tonight!!! good luck rest of the way... :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:02 pm

First time in a while we didn't go defense with our first pick. I really believe the guys we targeted were taken. With so many picks available, I guess there was no sense in trading down. Of course I'm wrong, weclome Mr. Perriman!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby KatRavensGirl » Fri May 01, 2015 7:37 am

Good Morning Hut. I was pleased that they went with a WR on their 1st pick. Although the news media showed some not so flattering footage of Perriman, I think he's going to be a good fit. Flacco/management will mold him into an even better WR in the NFL.

Happy Hour starts at noon today. I will be supplying the beer, crab cakes and wings.
KatRavensGirl
Rookie

Postby kicks » Fri May 01, 2015 10:49 am

KatRavensGirl wrote:Good Morning Hut. I was pleased that they went with a WR on their 1st pick. Although the news media showed some not so flattering footage of Perriman, I think he's going to be a good fit. Flacco/management will mold him into an even better WR in the NFL.

Happy Hour starts at noon today. I will be supplying the beer, crab cakes and wings.

Beer, crab cakes and wings????!!!! Yum!
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Fri May 01, 2015 12:19 pm

KatRavensGirl wrote:Good Morning Hut. I was pleased that they went with a WR on their 1st pick. Although the news media showed some not so flattering footage of Perriman, I think he's going to be a good fit. Flacco/management will mold him into an even better WR in the NFL.

Sounds delicious, I'll be there. I also think Perriman will do just fine! 6'2" 218lbs with blazing speed, great pick for the 26th slot. Maybe, just maybe we got a Boldin and Torrey all wrapped up in one!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Fri May 01, 2015 4:27 pm

GOOD AFTERNOON NESTERS!! DID SOME ONE SAY BEER & WINGS WITH SOME CRAB CAKES ON THE SIDE ?? COUNT ME IN!! gotta believe ozzie knows what he is doing Perriman will be a good fit for your team :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Fri May 01, 2015 6:43 pm

loutex wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON NESTERS!! DID SOME ONE SAY BEER & WINGS WITH SOME CRAB CAKES ON THE SIDE ?? COUNT ME IN!! gotta believe ozzie knows what he is doing Perriman will be a good fit for your team :)

Yeah, when Kat gets cooking, the hell with football.
In Ozzie we trust, my trouble is that I want all our holes filled with that top pick. I'm a bit impatient. Your guys are doing quite well themselves. Let's keep it going.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Fri May 01, 2015 7:57 pm

HutOne wrote:
loutex wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON NESTERS!! DID SOME ONE SAY BEER & WINGS WITH SOME CRAB CAKES ON THE SIDE ?? COUNT ME IN!! gotta believe ozzie knows what he is doing Perriman will be a good fit for your team :)

Yeah, when Kat gets cooking, the hell with football.
In Ozzie we trust, my trouble is that I want all our holes filled with that top pick. I'm a bit impatient. Your guys are doing quite well themselves. Let's keep it going.

believe me hut I know how you feel....I have been so pissed of with the draft picks by (oilers-Texans)THAT I SAW RED....HAD MIGRANS FROM THEM....NOTHING TOTALLY SURPRISES ME ANYMORE....SO LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS THE REST OF THR WAY... :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Sat May 02, 2015 1:58 pm

So far, so good! The Ravens have accomplished quite a bit in the first four rounds and have plugged those holes. The analyst(s) have made some fairly positive comments so far on the Ravens draft, I have nothing to complain about. It's good to see the faith the Ravens have in Forsett, we got a pass rusher and strengthened the DL. I'm glad we took a CB, a nickel at first with potential to grow. Of Course Perriman and a much needed TE. With three picks to go, I can only wonder. I still hope they take Stefon Diggs from Md. but I don't think we have room for another WR. I'm wondering if we can keep Butler! Another TE? OL for next year is an issue with the possibility of losing Osemole and/or Yanda. Hope you've got some magic left OZ!!!
GO RAVENS!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Sat May 02, 2015 6:37 pm

HutOne wrote:So far, so good! The Ravens have accomplished quite a bit in the first four rounds and have plugged those holes. The analyst(s) have made some fairly positive comments so far on the Ravens draft, I have nothing to complain about. It's good to see the faith the Ravens have in Forsett, we got a pass rusher and strengthened the DL. I'm glad we took a CB, a nickel at first with potential to grow. Of Course Perriman and a much needed TE. With three picks to go, I can only wonder. I still hope they take Stefon Diggs from Md. but I don't think we have room for another WR. I'm wondering if we can keep Butler! Another TE? OL for next year is an issue with the possibility of losing Osemole and/or Yanda. Hope you've got some magic left OZ!!!
GO RAVENS!!!

To finish up, the Ravens were still scoring B's and better with our final picks. Another TE as expected and very favorable comments on our back-up OT. The last pick surprised me a bit, a wide bodied WR with tons of upside, a Boldin with the last pick? I guess Butler will become a casualty, we have a bench full of WRs. Ozzie, DeCosta and Co. had a plan, and it showed. I'm sure they didn't get their player in every pick, but who does! I certainly have no complaints.
GO RAVENS!!!
YOU GOTTERDUN!!!***so far***
Now on to inviting undrafted players to camp and looking for those gems the other teams may discard!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Sat May 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Great job Ravens!!!
Attachments
Bugs 4.jpg
Bugs 4.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 14400 times
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Sat May 02, 2015 11:43 pm

HutOne wrote:Great job Ravens!!!

HELLO HUT...OZZIE does it again pulls the rabbit out of the hat for a good draft for the ravens!! now lets not fight over all those non drafted players ..there are plenty to go around for every team :) :) ....IS IT TRIANING CAMP YET???...THE BLOOD IS STARTING TO PUMP....CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS TEAM ON THE FIELD...THE ANTICIPATION IS STARTING AND IT'S ONLY MAY :!: :!:
GO RAVENS!!
GO TEXANS!!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)