AFC North Baltimore Ravens

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC North Baltimore Ravens

Postby HutOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:59 pm

On a non football related topic ................. Bruce Jenner's interview is on tv tonight. This will be much bigger than LeBron's decision to leave Cleveland a few years back. Bruce is leaving everything behind :lol: I remember after the Olympics he dumped his wife who supported him throughout his career for someone else. He should of had this procedure done years ago :evil:
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Never know how the Ravens will conduct themselves during the draft but I'm guessing they will take a pass rusher with their first pick. After that it's a crapshoot! They will take a RB to build depth and learn from Forsett. Even though we have a ton of capable WR's, they'll take one to replace Smitty when he retires. Whether a speedster or a full bodied clutch receiver like Bolden, it would be nice to have one that can separate from the defender. A couple TE's are in order even though Pitta seems likely to return. I like Gilmore. With Webb's restructuring and Jimmy's extension our CB situation is looking good. Another CB with promise wouldn't hurt. Another insurance pick would be at safety, Elam needs to step up his game and not sure what they intend doing with Brooks. I think we signed a capable backup for Flacco but for the life of me can't remember his name. With the excess picks they'll either trade up to get better quality on their board and/or continue to build depth on both lines. Don't forget we usually acquire at least one talented undrafted rookie after each draft.
GO RAVENS!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 pm

The preceding was my annual post stating my opinion on the Ravens upcoming draft. The slight tremor you felt was from the thunderous ovation that usually follows my opinions. Thank you one and all :up: :up: :up:
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:27 pm

good job HUT... :up: :up: :up: IT'S UP TO HIM NOW ...WATT THAT IS TO MAKE THE MOVE!! :D
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:34 pm

HutOne wrote:The preceding was my annual post stating my opinion on the Ravens upcoming draft. The slight tremor you felt was from the tnde
HutOne wrote:The preceding was my annual post stating my opinion on the Ravens upcoming draft. The slight tremor you felt was from the thunderous ovation that usually follows my opinions. Thank you one and all :up: :up: :up:
rous ovation that usually follows my opinions. Thank you one and all :up: :up: :up:

GREAT JOB HUT ON PRE DRAFT SPEECH...STANDING O WAS WELL DESERVED...BUT GIVING THAT SPEECH ON THAT MULE OF YOURS...REALLY :!: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 pm

HutOne wrote:Never know how the Ravens will conduct themselves during the draft but I'm guessing they will take a pass rusher with their first pick. After that it's a crapshoot! They will take a RB to build depth and learn from Forsett. Even though we have a ton of capable WR's, they'll take one to replace Smitty when he retires. Whether a speedster or a full bodied clutch receiver like Bolden, it would be nice to have one that can separate from the defender. A couple TE's are in order even though Pitta seems likely to return. I like Gilmore. With Webb's restructuring and Jimmy's extension our CB situation is looking good. Another CB with promise wouldn't hurt. Another insurance pick would be at safety, Elam needs to step up his game and not sure what they intend doing with Brooks. I think we signed a capable backup for Flacco but for the life of me can't remember his name. With the excess picks they'll either trade up to get better quality on their board and/or continue to build depth on both lines. Don't forget we usually acquire at least one talented undrafted rookie after each draft.
GO RAVENS!!!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:38 pm

You're a great audience as well as a great friend Lou. Sitting on that mule assured me that if the audience didn't appreciate that speech, I'd know which jackass to blame. Thank you! By the way, could you use a mule???
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 pm

loutex wrote:good job HUT... :up: :up: :up: IT'S UP TO HIM NOW ...WATT THAT IS TO MAKE THE MOVE!! :D

The field has been built *thanks to kicks* where the hell are they??? C'mon over Watt!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:18 pm

HutOne wrote:
loutex wrote:good job HUT... :up: :up: :up: IT'S UP TO HIM NOW ...WATT THAT IS TO MAKE THE MOVE!! :D

The field has been built *thanks to kicks* where the hell are they??? C'mon over Watt!!!

:up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:21 pm

HutOne wrote:You're a great audience as well as a great friend Lou. Sitting on that mule assured me that if the audience didn't appreciate that speech, I'd know which jackass to blame. Thank you! By the way, could you use a mule???

:lol: :lol: :lol: <3 <3
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby HutOne » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Well, I attempted to recruit Watt and T La Mana here but both wound up with the other site. Watt made the effort but something went wrong in the sign-up process. He still might make the effort, no idea about T. I also signed up on the other site, but will also continue to post here. Aside from Lou and Kat, the small group of posters I befriended on Fox are now on the other site. The Ravens are facing the West this year, so it will be a good time to introduce myself :twisted:
HutOne
Rookie

Postby kicks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Howdy! I never got a message about Watt. Have him send me an email or contact me on Facebook.

Have a great Sunday!!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:19 pm

kicks wrote:Howdy! I never got a message about Watt. Have him send me an email or contact me on Facebook.

Have a great Sunday!!

Will do, I gave him your e-mail address but will try again, and have a great Sunday as well.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:39 pm

HutOne wrote:Well, I attempted to recruit Watt and T La Mana here but both wound up with the other site. Watt made the effort but something went wrong in the sign-up process. He still might make the effort, no idea about T. I also signed up on the other site, but will also continue to post here. Aside from Lou and Kat, the small group of posters I befriended on Fox are now on the other site. The Ravens are facing the West this year, so it will be a good time to introduce myself :twisted:

:up: :up:do I see that little devil coming out of you or did you just dig those spurs into that mules arse and yelling GIDDY UP MULE...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby KatRavensGirl » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 am

Good Morning All! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
KatRavensGirl
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 am

KatRavensGirl wrote:Good Morning All! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Morning Kat. Weekend was nice. Saturday was cold and rainy but yesterday was beautiful. Gotta have the bad to appreciate the good I suppose.
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:46 pm

loutex wrote:
HutOne wrote:Well, I attempted to recruit Watt and T La Mana here but both wound up with the other site. Watt made the effort but something went wrong in the sign-up process. He still might make the effort, no idea about T. I also signed up on the other site, but will also continue to post here. Aside from Lou and Kat, the small group of posters I befriended on Fox are now on the other site. The Ravens are facing the West this year, so it will be a good time to introduce myself :twisted:

:up: :up:do I see that little devil coming out of you or did you just dig those spurs into that mules arse and yelling GIDDY UP MULE...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The just man falls seven times a day, I seem to exceed that number without really trying. I'm staying away from that mule, I'm having an auction for him after the draft and will give $50 to anyone that will take him. His name is Jack!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Afternoon all!!! Had a really nice weekend, my second grandson was confirmed in a beautiful ceremony and had lots of time to spend with the family. As for the weather, I'm sick of the cold and dreary days and am looking forward to the warmth of Summer. This is turning out to be another year we were cheated out of a mild Spring. Where is global warming WHERE we need it???
HutOne
Rookie

Postby KatRavensGirl » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Gang,
Boy the crap is going down in the city with all these protestors. Now the high school kids are in on it. I think the nest few days are going to be bad.
it's so bad, businesses and the University of Maryland closed at 2:00.
Wonder what it will do to the O's game tonight.

I feel like we are going back in time with all this happening!!!
KatRavensGirl
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:28 pm

KatRavensGirl wrote:Hi Gang,
Boy the crap is going down in the city with all these protestors. Now the high school kids are in on it. I think the nest few days are going to be bad.

OMG!!! That's right. I heard a blurb on ESPN about them telling the folks at the O/Sox game to stay put. Whats the dealio? Are you safe?
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm with Hut. Vote yes for global warming. Where are my moms old cans of Aqua Net?
kicks
All Pro

Postby luckylarry » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Stay safe Kat!
Go Steelers!
luckylarry
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:12 pm

HutOne, you were kind enough to stop by the Colts page, thought I would return the favor.
Kat, believe we've crossed paths at faux sports??? Great, cordial fan as I recall.
Sorry to hear about the rioting / looting in BALT, hope it ends - soon. Camden Yards is locked down, the O's game has been suspended. What a mess... Godspeed
G' luck in the draft - just 3 more days!
Last edited by Baglady on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:20 pm

From what I read, a lot of the violence is related to gang activities and outside troublemakers. Didn't realize the Crips and Bloods were still going at it. The funeral took place today so an outpouring of violence could be expected. Sharpton is coming to town tomorrow to organize a march on Washington. Seven police officers were injured today, one seriously and I believe six were injured yesterday. The violence is primarily directed towards the police but of course store fronts and other vehicles have been damaged. Not the type of riots we experienced in '68 but just as sad. The outbreaks today were in the Mondawmin, North Avenue areas away from the city. Haven't heard of anything major taking place in the city itself.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Baglady wrote:HutOne, you were kind enough to stop by the Colts page, thought I would return the favor.
Kat, believe we've crossed paths at faux sports??? Great, cordial fan as I recall.
Sorry to hear about the rioting / looting in BALT, hope it ends - soon. Camden Yards is locked down, the O's game has been suspended. What a mess... Godspeed
G' luck in the draft - just 3 more days!

Welcome Bags (believe Kicks called you that, hope it's ok) thanks for the drive by, but stay away from the city. Sorry to have you over when the place is such a mess. Kat has always been our good will ambassador for the Ravens, can't ask for a better fan or poster. If you can't get excited about the draft, you're not truly a fan of football. While the rookies may fill some voids left by free agency and retirements, they also replace some vets we cheered for the year before. But such is life, and football, the draft brings hope and a renewed vitality to our teams. Good luck in the draft to you also, and stop by anytime.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Just a quick stop by to give the Baltimore arm of our Swiss Family my wishes for a quick solution to the problems in your City, and hopes that no one else will be hurt. Please be careful and stay as far away from the troubled areas as you are able. Hopefully, this will pass quickly. Peace...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:03 pm

cklaurence wrote:Just a quick stop by to give the Baltimore arm of our Swiss Family my wishes for a quick solution to the problems in your City, and hopes that no one else will be hurt. Please be careful and stay as far away from the troubled areas as you are able. Hopefully, this will pass quickly. Peace...

Just wanted to echo CK's sentiments, hoping for peace and safety for all of Baltimore
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:04 pm

cklaurence wrote:Just a quick stop by to give the Baltimore arm of our Swiss Family my wishes for a quick solution to the problems in your City, and hopes that no one else will be hurt. Please be careful and stay as far away from the troubled areas as you are able. Hopefully, this will pass quickly. Peace...

Appreciate it CK, not a full blown riot by any means, but any type of violence is dangerous. The police have exercised restraint so far and hope the passion of the day subsides.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:09 pm

IckyIPA wrote:

Just wanted to echo CK's sentiments, hoping for peace and safety for all of Baltimore

Thanks Icky, I heard some of the disturbances have been created by gang activity so it remains to be seen how this all plays out.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm

HELLO kat and hut hope you both and your families are safe and sound. I don't know the details of what is going down in baltimore :oops: but my prayers are for the people of Baltimore to find peace in their hearts and the violence to stop cause this is not the answer to the problem..only the innocent suffer from this type of action that is going on...be safe my friends cause it would be tragic to lose some good friends like you to :!: it is just a small group of people that is trying to give Baltimore an bad image and the good people shale over come this bad situation that is happening....god bless Baltimore and the good people of the city ....stay safe my friends and take care of yourselves . <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)