AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Golden_State_Warriors2.jpg
Golden_State_Warriors2.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 13681 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:43 pm

extremelyfun.jpg
extremelyfun.jpg (73.46 KiB) Viewed 13681 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 am

Just checking in to see what's going on in other team rooms. Glad to see all is well. We're finally coming up on August. I'm anxious to see the new stadium we're getting, but as far as my beloved Dolphins--they are going to have to show me--because I don't believe a word that comes from Philbin and his owner :lol: ...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:44 am

cklaurence wrote:Just checking in to see what's going on in other team rooms. Glad to see all is well. We're finally coming up on August. I'm anxious to see the new stadium we're getting, but as far as my beloved Dolphins--they are going to have to show me--because I don't believe a word that comes from Philbin and his owner :lol: ...

Great to see you too. All the best on your Fins this season. I still owe you that memorabilia story.

Take care.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:46 am

POLITICALLYERECTSHIRTIMAGE67.jpg
POLITICALLYERECTSHIRTIMAGE67.jpg (44.42 KiB) Viewed 13676 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:54 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Just checking in to see what's going on in other team rooms. Glad to see all is well. We're finally coming up on August. I'm anxious to see the new stadium we're getting, but as far as my beloved Dolphins--they are going to have to show me--because I don't believe a word that comes from Philbin and his owner :lol: ...

Great to see you too. All the best on your Fins this season. I still owe you that memorabilia story.

Take care.

Peace !

Still waiting to hear/read it! Best to your team this year as well. I honestly don't expect much. Every year since this p.o.s. bought the seem, our best highlights are the dreams Ross throws out to us. Then season begins and our dreams go out the window...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Hang in there CK....better times ahead. You just need to get by those Cheatriots.
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:58 pm

R8der113 wrote:Hang in there CK....better times ahead. You just need to get by those Cheatriots.

Word!!!!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:23 pm

cklaurence wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Take care.

Peace !

Still waiting to hear/read it! Best to your team this year as well. I honestly don't expect much. Every year since this p.o.s. bought the seem, our best highlights are the dreams Ross throws out to us. Then season begins and our dreams go out the window...

You are not alone young lady. Plenty of company. There is only one winner every season, but I sure know the feeling of WTH are they doing? ahem

Take care. Keep smiling. We will make it back. Mom always said "never give up the ship."

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:24 pm

file.php.jpg
file.php.jpg (31.68 KiB) Viewed 13669 times
UPYRS wrote:Amen

Great post brother.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:17 pm

temp052615-otas-8--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
temp052615-otas-8--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (66.29 KiB) Viewed 13673 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:23 pm

have_a_great_weekend-8213.gif
have_a_great_weekend-8213.gif (115.5 KiB) Viewed 13672 times
Good afternoon Nation.

Another great day being a Raider 4 this life.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 pm

http://firstrowi.eu/boxing/first-ufc-19 ... -row60b751

The MMA fight are on here tonight.....free stream
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:54 pm

rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Only 9 more days until we beat the lambs.....Go Raiders :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoNtSDCh-Og

watch this tape on Michael Dyer...think we found another diamond in the rough. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:31 pm

JN.jpg
JN.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 13649 times

Some people just can't handle the truth. Tough!

For me

Its too easy. hahaha
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:59 pm

Good evening Nation.
I like the sound of this, and so do a lot of Raider 4 this lifers. Make it so.
"there is a chance" the Raiders pursue defensive tackle Tony McDaniel. He was a surprise cut by Seattle during the weekend.

McDaniel played for Oakland coach Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville and he played for Oakland defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. in Seattle.

McDaniel, 30, would be a rotational defensive tackle for Oakland and would give the Raiders a nice top-of-the-position look with free-agent addition Dan Williams and promising second-year player Justin Ellis. McDaniel, 6-foot-7, 305 pounds, started 29 games for Seattle's vaunted defense in the past two seasons. Oakland has about $16 million in salary-cap room and could easily absorb a deal for McDaniel.

We'll see.
Raider on.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 pm

rdrJoe wrote:Good evening Nation.
"there is a chance" the Raiders pursue defensive tackle Tony McDaniel. He was a surprise cut by Seattle during the weekend.

McDaniel played for Oakland coach Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville and he played for Oakland defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. in Seattle.

McDaniel, 30, would be a rotational defensive tackle for Oakland and would give the Raiders a nice top-of-the-position look with free-agent addition Dan Williams and promising second-year player Justin Ellis. McDaniel, 6-foot-7, 305 pounds, started 29 games for Seattle's vaunted defense in the past two seasons. Oakland has about $16 million in salary-cap room and could easily absorb a deal for McDaniel.

We'll see.
Raider on.
Wouldn't mind McDaniel....knows the system, and has been there before.
Peace !
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:02 pm

R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:52 pm

R8der113 wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:Good evening Nation.

We'll see.
Raider on.
Wouldn't mind McDaniel....knows the system, and has been there before.
Peace !

Me too. We have all seen how trying to out score SB teams works out. Not good.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:08 am

I'm all in for McDaniel as well. Get 'er done Reggie!
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 pm

:up: :up: :) :up: :up:
Rockindaddy wrote:I'm all in for McDaniel as well. Get 'er done Reggie!
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:55 pm

11379038_395733377282932_2127960013_a.jpg
11379038_395733377282932_2127960013_a.jpg (5.41 KiB) Viewed 13592 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:56 pm

dw.jpg
dw.jpg (22.81 KiB) Viewed 13589 times
Last edited by rdrJoe on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:59 pm

As the Oakland Raiders move closer to their first preseason game, training camp practices become increasingly important. The preseason games give players the opportunity to earn roster spots. For that to happen, they need to get on the field. And that playing time is earned in camp.

With 90 players currently on the roster, it's tough to stand out. And with so many practices and so many reps, almost every player will make a nice play now and then.

But anyone at this level can look good for a play or two. What the team is looking for are players who consistently make an impact.

When looking for players who have impressed so far, several expected names pop up. Defensively, Khalil Mack has looked very good as a pass-rusher. On offense, Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree have continued to increase the distance between themselves and the other wide receivers on the roster.

But these players are supposed to look good. Instead, we'll take a look at some of Oakland's less-heralded players who have shown the potential to be contributors in 2015.

The players mentioned here aren't unknowns. However, as camp has gone on, they've begun to assume larger roles than what was initially expected. While they were already going to be important players, they've begun to emerge as leaders and especially important factors in the team's success.

TJ Carrie

Of all the positions on the Oakland roster, no single one inspires more questions, doubts and concerns than cornerback.

Most of these issues revolve around DJ Hayden and Keith McGill. Hayden was expected to be the the team's No. 1 cornerback, but he's lost first-team reps to McGill. These two seem to be jockeying for position on the cornerback depth chart.

But as Hayden and McGill battle it out for one of the starting jobs, it's been TJ Carrie who's provided the position with some stability.

Following Oakland's sixth day of camp, CSNBayArea.com's Scott Bair declared the secondary the winners of the day. Perhaps most interestingly, he referred to Carrie's performance that day as "predictably strong." Carrie's solid performances throughout camp have been so common, they're starting to be expected.

Carrie has continued to build off of a surprisingly impressive rookie season, and he's consistently played with the first-team defense throughout camp. Quietly, he's turning into the Raiders' most reliable option at cornerback and a leader for the unit.

While Oakland tries to figure out what it has in Hayden and McGill, it's Carrie who's stood out the most and given the team hope that the cornerbacks will be able to hold their own this year.

Mychal Rivera

Aside from the selection of Amari Cooper, no Oakland draft pick from this year has been as consistently praised as third-round selection Clive Walford. A solid blocker on running and passing plays with the ability to create big plays through the air, he was expected to come in and immediately contest for the starting job at tight end.

Unfortunately, he's yet to participate in camp, which has left Mychal Rivera with no major competition for the starting spot. But this shouldn't be taken to mean that Rivera hasn't earned the job.

More importantly, what this camp has allowed Rivera to do is find a role better suited to his abilities. He's never been an elite blocker, but that's not the role in which he best helps the offense. As SilverandBlackPride.com's Levi Damien points out:

"There will be different things Rivera will be asked to do in Musgrave's offense. Rivera was expected to fill mostly the H-back role, with an emphasis on his receiving abilities, which plays to Rivera's strengths."

Rather than playing closer to the line, Rivera has been able to spend more time this camp doing what he does best: catching passes. And he's looked good in the process, something that hasn't escaped the eye of head coach Jack Del Rio (via Damien): "He's an athletic guy. I think he showed some of that athleticism here early in this camp with a couple of nice catches. "

Exactly what position Rivera will play remains to be seen, but he is still listed as a tight on the Raiders' official roster. More importantly, what he has been able to do so far is establish a more defined role in the offense. He's a receiving tight end, and he's proving that he's very good in this role.

Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave acknowledged this when he said of Rivera (via CSNBayArea.com's Scott Bair), "He’s done a super job. He’s terrific in the passing game."

Rivera had been somewhat written off after the arrival of Walford. But as camp continues, Rivera is showing that he can be one of the offense's most dangerous weapons.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:03 pm

11356963_927376457335244_1956806223_n.jpg
11356963_927376457335244_1956806223_n.jpg (54.17 KiB) Viewed 13592 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Hayden 'don't give a damn' about mistakes anymore

By Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Published: Aug. 10, 2015 at 09:31 a.m.
Updated: Aug. 10, 2015 at 05:18 p.m.

Raiders cornerback D.J. Hayden was easy to root for coming out of college as he tried to come back from a horrifying chest injury. But after two disappointing seasons, he knows the underdog title won't suit him anymore.
Play NFL Fantasy Football!

In 2015, Hayden is hoping to play like the No. 12 overall pick.

"My mind-set this year I am just going full-force," Hayden said, via SFGate.com. "Whether I make a mistake or not, I am going to do it full speed. Last year, I was hesitant about making mistakes.

"This year, I don't give a damn."

Hayden's maturation on the field seems to be in line with many top cornerbacks. Giants star Prince Amukamara, who also struggled with injury early on in his career, talked openly about how losing the fear of mistakes aided his game.

Could Hayden be on a similar path?

Over two seasons, he has played in just 18 games, but Hayden isn't letting that become an excuse. At the moment, he's part of a young core of Raiders defensive backs that are all between 25 and 26, looking to lock down the No. 2 job.

"I say screw all that," Hayden said when asked about the team being too young at the corner spots. "We're young, so what? We're about to ball. We're going to take advantage of our plays and make plays."

Oakland hopes so. Seeing a return on their investment in Hayden would be huge for Jack Del Rio's new defense.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:59 am

What is going on with Streater? Is he still injured or is it something else?
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:What is going on with Streater? Is he still injured or is it something else?

Raiders | Rod Streater lost weight

Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:05:52 -0700

Oakland Raiders WR Rod Streater (illness) lost some weight due to an illness and will come off the Non-Football Injury list when he's healthy.

Pat, wth is up with your AV? lol then hows that cell cover? hahaha Utah has a FFL going on and I was forced (oh man my elbow) to make an appearance so once again all my good players go on IR again. lol Hit him up, you are bound to do a lot better than me.

Raider on.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)