AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 am

Saddest part is that AP was the man right up until the child abuse incident. He seemed to fall to pieces after that, first he was defiant, then the pictures came out of his child's badly beaten legs, then he tested positive for the wacky weed...now he wants out of Minnesota and is trying to gain leverage....I'm fine with giving people second chances, when they seem like they are repentant... Like Richardson is right now...I just don't hear much reinforcement from the AP camp...and since he is turning 30 and his image is shot, I wonder how his game is going to be anyway...
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Whoa!!! I didn't know AP did any real damage to his kid. I see him in a whole new light. I thought it was just people overreacting as usual. I got spanked and I'm grateful now for it. But there is a line to not cross.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:Saddest part is that AP was the man right up until the child abuse incident. He seemed to fall to pieces after that, first he was defiant, then the pictures came out of his child's badly beaten legs, then he tested positive for the wacky weed...now he wants out of Minnesota and is trying to gain leverage....I'm fine with giving people second chances, when they seem like they are repentant... Like Richardson is right now...I just don't hear much reinforcement from the AP camp...and since he is turning 30 and his image is shot, I wonder how his game is going to be anyway...

Brother Pat, yes we are a story of second chances, confession, repentance, turning from the sin, brings new creations. But if someone just wants to forgiven without admitting what you have done was unthinkable and making that change? nothing is really changed. Same old person. In this case without realizing you have committed the act and it was just plain wrong nothing changes in the future.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:47 pm

kicks wrote:Whoa!!! I didn't know AP did any real damage to his kid. I see him in a whole new light. I thought it was just people overreacting as usual. I got spanked and I'm grateful now for it. But there is a line to not cross.

Guy, yes I agree on punishment to correct the willful and intentional defiance, especially when the child's future safety and others could result from this continued behavior, and the willful defiance of the parents must be addressed. But no, there is no place for harming a child, none. A swat that is more of a love tap (which is what it really is supposed to be, done out of love, certainly not anger) administered after all explanations for the punishment is dealt with, it really is the correction of the child's spirit, them knowing they have hurt you by insolence. But never in anger, or some sick type of revenge. Ugly stuff. When my youngest son was little (as in under like 7) and he would have to be punished, I would always make sure I asked him what should be done under these circumstances, he would answer "a swat" he knew why, he knew it broke my heart, he knew I loved him enough to be the bad guy for his good. Sacrifice brother. Sacrifice your warm fuzzy comfort so your child won't be an unfinished product as an adult. He knows to this day all the whys of what went on, and he has thanked me personally for going the extra miles to make him what he is. But most of that is because he is just plain special.
It only had to happen maybe 2 times in his life thankfully. Funny part is, his older sister telling me something along the line of "dad, please don't confine me to my room! why can't you swat me?" because child you are too old, its over and you are out the door tomorrow. I know says she, that s what I want. Answer-which is why that doesn't happen, you would learn nothing. I never swatted her at all. No girl child of mine got touched. Well, unless mom went after them. hahaha IDK I guess the bottom line is-first when you have children you take a step back, its no longer you first, not anymore, they come first. That equates to you being willing to be there in the first place, put in the time, effort and love. The first has to be love. Everything else is just dedication to them becoming the best they can be as human beings.

Later,

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:08 am

This just in-bring Rich in here!
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am

rdrJoe wrote:This just in-bring Rich in here!

Rich is in.
kicks
All Pro

Postby NewEraBroncos » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:23 am

Where is this Rich that you speak of?
kicks wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:This just in-bring Rich in here!

Rich is in.
ummm...never poke someone in the eye. It's rude.
NewEraBroncos
Rookie

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:27 pm

He's in the kitchen with Colonel Mustard holding a knife. :lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 pm

He'll show... I opened the door. I didn't push him through it.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Hey kicks........saw that the trolls showed up over on Denver's CBS page. Just a matter of time before they show up on the Raiders. Doesn't sound like ex though.
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:Hey kicks........saw that the trolls showed up over on Denver's CBS page. Just a matter of time before they show up on the Raiders. Doesn't sound like ex though.

It's not ex. Its one of two characters. One was a Pats fan that would fight everyone on his page and then it spilled over onto ours somehow. The other one (who I think it is) was a Bronco fan that we ran off because he told Rich to not post on the Bronco page because he was a Raiders fan. Maybe we don't like each others team but I personally like all you Raider guys. A team doesn't define who you are.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:09 pm

kicks wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:Hey kicks........saw that the trolls showed up over on Denver's CBS page. Just a matter of time before they show up on the Raiders. Doesn't sound like ex though.

It's not ex. Its one of two characters. One was a Pats fan that would fight everyone on his page and then it spilled over onto ours somehow. The other one (who I think it is) was a Bronco fan that we ran off because he told Rich to not post on the Bronco page because he was a Raiders fan. Maybe we don't like each others team but I personally like all you Raider guys. A team doesn't define who you are.

So true! I used to be pretty emotional in my younger days, but age has mellowed me. I no longer scream & yell at the TV (ok....maybe sometimes) but I don't let a Raider loss totally ruin my day anymore. I taunted many a Bronco fan back in the 80's at the L.A. Colosseum. Of course that was when the rivalry was at it's peak and Howie Long & Greg Townsend were chasing Elway all over the place! The rivalry has mellowed a bit since Shanny was let go.
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:16 pm

I give you guys props. You still lead the division for Superbowl wins. I'm gonna throw the Seahawks in here because they were in our division for a long time.

Raiders - 3
Broncos - 2
Chiefs - 1
Seahawks - 1
Chargers - Goose egg.

But as for the fans. You are all brothers to me too. Rich especially. When that dooshbag went after him I let loose. Everyone did.

Rich get your ass in here and post. :lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:05 pm

just want to say hello everyone and I read this and thought I'd share http://t.co/Z5m14rgwKE
Hoppy
MVP

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:26 pm

kicks wrote:I give you guys props. You still lead the division for Superbowl wins. I'm gonna throw the Seahawks in here because they were in our division for a long time.

Raiders - 3
Broncos - 2
Chiefs - 1
Seahawks - 1
Chargers - Goose egg.

But as for the fans. You are all brothers to me too. Rich especially. When that dooshbag went after him I let loose. Everyone did.

Second that on Rich!!! wth are you brother???

This stuff became clearer than looking out the window with little brother being a Broncs lifer. He & I saw the Raiders/Broncs & one season they split, both being blowouts first in Oakland then Den. we should have been all over it, but we weren't because part of you is hurting for the brother. So as you know Guy, it is far more than some football team that we have loved all our lives, it is about the human bonds we have formed becoming family.

Which brings me to the question on the defense of our family being attacked and peeps like you or me defending them as we must. I mentioned Gator the other day because some time back he apparently attacked brother Hank over posting on Broncs page for whatever reason. Also (it was sure real to him, (I wasn't around but his word is gold for me) no one over there came in swinging for his defense. Which shocked him. What do you remember?
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:51 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
kicks wrote:I give you guys props. You still lead the division for Superbowl wins. I'm gonna throw the Seahawks in here because they were in our division for a long time.

Raiders - 3
Broncos - 2
Chiefs - 1
Seahawks - 1
Chargers - Goose egg.

This stuff became clearer than looking out the window with little brother being a Broncs lifer. He & I saw the Raiders/Broncs & one season they split, both being blowouts first in Oakland then Den. we should have been all over it, but we weren't because part of you is hurting for the brother. So as you know Guy, it is far more than some football team that we have loved all our lives, it is about the human bonds we have formed becoming family.

Which brings me to the question on the defense of our family being attacked and peeps like you or me defending them as we must. I mentioned Gator the other day because some time back he apparently attacked brother Hank over posting on Broncs page for whatever reason. Also (it was sure real to him, (I wasn't around but his word is gold for me) no one over there came in swinging for his defense. Which shocked him. What do you remember?

I never saw Gator do that or I'd have said something. I only knew him when he was a Bronco fan on our page. No idea he went to the Raider page. We are talking about the same Gator, right? The one who was a Bronco fan for awhile went by Gatorbait over on Fox is the one that was a Bronco fan during the Tebow days. Then he vanished from our page and I usually don't travel much over to other team pages these days so assumed he just quit posting on Fox.

And my real name is Guy....you seem to think that's what Kicks name is? Unless he had a name change I'm the only person I'm aware of named Guy over here....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Raiders - 3
Broncos - 2
Chiefs - 1
Seahawks - 1
Chargers - Goose egg.

I never saw Gator do that or I'd have said something. I only knew him when he was a Bronco fan on our page. No idea he went to the Raider page. We are talking about the same Gator, right? The one who was a Bronco fan for awhile went by Gatorbait over on Fox is the one that was a Bronco fan during the Tebow days. Then he vanished from our page and I usually don't travel much over to other team pages these days so assumed he just quit posting on Fox.

And my real name is Guy....you seem to think that's what Kicks name is? Unless he had a name change I'm the only person I'm aware of named Guy over here....lol.

Guy, let me see now, would that be the same guy I have known since like about 06-07? then over at ispurts then back at Fux then here then everywhere? uh yeah I think I know you. Long time gone brother. lol Then again, maybe I am so messed up with the page that I am still making rookie mistakes so these cats will make me feel important and promote me to vet? hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And uh yes I know what his real name is. But he also is a multiple AV man from way back. Always good people.
Last edited by rdrJoe on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:11 pm

:up: :up: :up: :D :D :D :up: :up: :up:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Raiders - 3
Broncos - 2
Chiefs - 1
Seahawks - 1
Chargers - Goose egg.

rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:13 pm

whatsup Raiders...so we get the Bengals week 1
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:13 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Raiders - 3
Broncos - 2
Chiefs - 1
Seahawks - 1
Chargers - Goose egg.

Guy, let me see now, would that be the same guy I have known since like about 06-07? then over at ispurts then back at Fux then here then everywhere? uh yeah I think I know you. Long time gone brother. lol Then again, maybe I am so messed up with the page that I am still making rookie mistakes so these cats will make me feel important and promote me to vet? hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And uh yes I know what his real name is. But he also is a multiple AV man from way back. Always good people.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:16 pm

R8der113 wrote:whatsup Raiders...so we get the Bengals week 1

Like I told Plumb when he show up, you up bro. its your show. We been waiting on you, flame still hot though. Always great seeing you brother Rich. All good folks are needed to return to the greatness of Da Raiders. Restore the nautural order of things.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:29 pm

I have to say that I am way happier with this years schedule than last year. We got this! 8-)
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:34 pm

2015 Preseason Schedule
WK DATE OPPONENT TIME
1 Fri, Aug 14 vs St. Louis 10:00 PM
2 Sat, Aug 22 @ Minnesota 9:00 PM
3 Sun, Aug 30 vs Arizona 8:00 PM NBC
4 Thu, Sep 3 @ Seattle 10:00 PM
2015 Regular Season Schedule
WK DATE OPPONENT TIME (ET)
1 Sun, Sep 13 vs Cincinnati 4:25 PM
2 Sun, Sep 20 vs Baltimore 4:05 PM
3 Sun, Sep 27 @ Cleveland 1:00 PM
4 Sun, Oct 4@ Chicago 1:00 PM
5 Sun, Oct 11 vs Denver 4:25 PM
7 Sun, Oct 25 @ San Diego 4:05 PM
8 Sun, Nov 1 vs New York 4:05 PM
9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Pittsburgh 1:00 PM
10 Sun, Nov 15 vs Minnesota 4:05 PM
11 Sun, Nov 22@ Detroit 1:00 PM
12 Sun, Nov 29@ Tennessee 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 6 vs Kansas City 4:05 PM
14 Sun, Dec 13@ Denver 4:05 PM
15 Sun, Dec 20 vs Green Bay 4:05 PM
16 Thu, Dec 24 vs San Diego 8:25 PM
17 Sun, Jan 3@ Kansas City 1:00 PM
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) :D :D :up: :up:
Rockindaddy wrote:I have to say that I am way happier with this years schedule than last year. We got this! 8-)
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:45 pm

R8der113 wrote:whatsup Raiders...so we get the Bengals week 1

I knew he'd show up!

Great to see you my friend!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 pm

And Joe? Yes I'm the same Guy you've known since late 06. :up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys....now I have to figure everything out :geek: :geek: :geek: :lol:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Joe you have called me Guy a few times. That's Utah. Ha ha. My name as most everyone knows is Steve. Utah had a handful of profiles at Fox so its an easy mistake. I started on Fox in 05-06. Guy (Utah) came around a year later. He's the real deal. And the same cool cat that you knew there. That surprises me about Gator. He didnt post much but he was ok on the Bronco page. If he attacked Hank (Stick em) then screw him. Hank is a great dude.
kicks
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:22 pm

This season will mark the first time in 46 years (since 1969) that the Raiders will open their season with two consecutive home games. Oakland opened the 1969 season with home games against the Houston Oilers and Miami Dolphins.

Wow a break from the NFL :roll:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 pm

kicks wrote:Joe you have called me Guy a few times. That's Utah. Ha ha. My name as most everyone knows is Steve. Utah had a handful of profiles at Fox so its an easy mistake. I started on Fox in 05-06. Guy (Utah) came around a year later. He's the real deal. And the same cool cat that you knew there. That surprises me about Gator. He didnt post much but he was ok on the Bronco page. If he attacked Hank (Stick em) then screw him. Hank is a great dude.

I know your name bro. I obviously skrewed up on the quotes deal attempting to reply to you, probably after Guy had replied and I just jumped in like a 15 year old. lol
Sticky fingers maybe. hahaha or maybe just another knucklehead.

Not brain dead, yet. I known both you guys for maybe 10 years now. By the way, didn't you use Stevethecat too?
rdrJoe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)