AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:20 pm

R8der113 wrote:Morning Guys...only 4 more days till the draft

Man does that "steal our game" set off alarms. Way back to the 70s right 21st century.
No backing down, once a Raider always a Raider. Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raider 4 this life.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:10 am

Draft Week!!! We takin over!!!! Leanard Williams in the first...Devin Smith in the second....Boom!!
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 am

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:Draft Week!!! We takin over!!!! Leanard Williams in the first...Devin Smith in the second....Boom!!

That would be awesome! Get er' done Reg!
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:20 pm

:up: :up: :up: :up:
Plumbcrazy70 wrote:Draft Week!!! We takin over!!!! Leanard Williams in the first...Devin Smith in the second....Boom!!
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Williams is a stud. You should pass. That's for purely selfish reasons. :lol:

I think that will be your guy. Damn it!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:35 pm

kicks wrote:Williams is a stud. You should pass. That's for purely selfish reasons. :lol:

I think that will be your guy. Damn it!

Totally agree with you here, Williams and monster defense with only decent offense wins SBs.

So, with Del Rio on board at the helm this is what the man will focus on. And yes again, on if the Broncs were channeled into building a monster D I would hope they didn't get this guy. lol but serious.

hahaha its too easy. And where is Hitter? MIA for too long. I think he checked out just after Hue got the door and he saw the dismantling of the team. Again.

Later,

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Also, years ago I tried telling people that said they were Raider lifers that is was important to spell someones name the way they do, as in Seymour at the time. Now we are looking at Williams as in Leonard Williams! Leonard Williams!!! lol

All set.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:53 pm

I just read a rumor that Trader Dave maybe right, and I don't know how I feel about it. The trade is with Cleveland...they get Our #4 pick and a player......we get their #12 and #19 picks.....the hook(player) is Marcel Reece as he is wanted by Cleveland's new OC...exRaider DeFlippo...what's your thoughts?
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:54 pm

I love Reece, but we never use him...at 12 and 19...DuPree, Shelton, Gregory and Marcus peters would all be available.We could get a D-lineman and a corner or line backer.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:00 pm

R8der113 wrote:I just read a rumor that Trader Dave maybe right, and I don't know how I feel about it. The trade is with Cleveland...they get Our #4 pick and a player......we get their #12 and #19 picks.....the hook(player) is Marcel Reece as he is wanted by Cleveland's new OC...exRaider DeFlippo...what's your thoughts?

I wouldn't trade unless Williams is gone. In that case it makes sense. I don't think we need Shelton as we have Dumpster Dan. However, I do not want to lose Reece.
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:I just read a rumor that Trader Dave maybe right, and I don't know how I feel about it. The trade is with Cleveland...they get Our #4 pick and a player......we get their #12 and #19 picks.....the hook(player) is Marcel Reece as he is wanted by Cleveland's new OC...exRaider DeFlippo...what's your thoughts?

I wouldn't trade unless Williams is gone. In that case it makes sense. I don't think we need Shelton as we have Dumpster Dan. However, I do not want to lose Reece.

I like William too Rock...but this floored me , when I read it ...hope all is well with you bud.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:02 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:

I like William too Rock...but this floored me , when I read it ...hope all is well with you bud.

Second that! There is no one in this draft that will impact football (especially for us now with JDR there) like Williams!But he will be there.

Although sometimes draft picks don't work like they seem, as in Ryan Leaf here are two Bolts fanatics thoughts-The surest of sure things wound up being the biggest quarterback bust of all time. Leaf was Peyton Manning’s equivalent in physical talent, but possessed neither the maturity nor the mental readiness to start as a rookie. He got thrown in the deep end early on, though, and quickly drowned, lasting three seasons in San Diego before resurfacing for a brief stint in Dallas. In just four NFL seasons, he finished his career with 48.4 completion percentage and 14:36 TD to INT ratio.
Yes! We're still #1 at something!
definitely leaf

i laughed when bronco fans tried to say jamarcus was a worse bust
just based on stats , russel wasn't even close to the car wreck that leaf was

Then there are so many numerous others to mention, but yes PurpleDrank was much better still horrible.
I don't consider Hayden in there, but really a first round pick, especially a higher first round pick has to be a big impact. Which is why it must be Williams. Like Mack last year or Carr in the 2nd this is epic. We can grab the havoc wreaker then a WR, unless another monster at O line or secondary is there for the stealing.

Go Raiders.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Forgot to add that maybe with JDR here they will finally figure out how to make proper use of Reece
There is a doggone good reason everyone else wants to get the mitts on him, but Reece is a Raider.

ahem, now later.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:10 pm

8-) 8-) 8-)
R8der113 wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:

rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Evening Joe....Gold has me thinking about getting more pics...I do love Williams,but that weight room workouts has me worried a little.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:35 pm

By the way..Tim Brown and Cliff Branch want us to draft Amari Cooper, so if he's the pick..I'm good with that too
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 pm

SIO pumping us up for the draft!!!
Attachments
013d67cd89f970c8c8a2290b3f4cdc93.jpg
013d67cd89f970c8c8a2290b3f4cdc93.jpg (34.74 KiB) Viewed 11382 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby HutOne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:02 pm

R8der113 wrote:By the way..Tim Brown and Cliff Branch want us to draft Amari Cooper, so if he's the pick..I'm good with that too

Hey guys just out scou ...... driving by. How ya'll doing!!!
Attachments
2013 Ravens 1.jpg
2013 Ravens 1.jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 11382 times
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 pm

R8der113 wrote:SIO pumping us up for the draft!!!

If you can't get excited about the draft, you just don't love football!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 pm

HutOne wrote:
R8der113 wrote:By the way..Tim Brown and Cliff Branch want us to draft Amari Cooper, so if he's the pick..I'm good with that too

Hey Hut good seeing You ...hope all is well
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 pm

HutOne wrote:

You know us Raider fans do...we still here, after the lost 1.2 decade....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 pm

R8der113 wrote:
HutOne wrote:

You know us Raider fans do...we still here, after the lost 1.2 decade....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just draft baby.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:31 pm

A very good evening to you Rich.

How goes the battle?

Draft picks are nothing but a crap shoot. Nobody made something out of unknown like Al Davis lets just hope this team gets it right this time. Last draft was the first A+ one in a few years fo sho! Maybe with JDR's input it gets even better.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:32 pm

HutOne wrote:

Doing great! how is your world?
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
HutOne wrote:

evening Joe...Hit man is on cbs now
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 pm

R8der113 wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:
HutOne wrote:

That cat had my email etc maybe ten years ago. This I got to see. hahaha

BRB
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:55 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:
HutOne wrote:

That cat had my email etc maybe ten years ago. This I got to see. hahaha

BRB

I told him about this site too and You being here
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Ridiculous that both these men are not in the Hall of Sham look at Branch's numbers vs how many other receivers????????????? please. Tim Brown!!!!!!!!!! Tim Brown isn't in there???????????????? you got to be kidding me.
They should just flat out close it down.
Then again, look how long it took them to admit their egregious and outrageous error. Thank the Lord Ray was still among the living to enjoy his just rewards.

Then there is Jack Tatum, Kenny Stabler, Dave Dalby, Jim Plunkett, Tom Flores, Lester Hayes (can still hear Charlie telling me " come on Joe, Lester Hayes has to be in the HOF! Stabler is in there Joe!" "They have to be in there!" "your just messing with me. Right?" Nope, none are in there. But the list is far too long to keep going. Todd Christensen will never get in, I don't think they have even considered him?

Shoot, how many QBs have won 2 Super Bowls, one as the first Wild Card winner, been the MVP, and are not in the HOF? Or how about a the same deal with a Head Coach who was also a outstanding QB? None. First minority guys also. None. Tip of the ice berg is all, and I could go on for an hour.

Brown and Branch super great players. But don't pick a receiver unless he changes the game like Calvin did.
This is too important at this time to gamble with any offensive player not named Bo Jackson. hahaha

Let me amend this to acknowledge the fact thatTim Brown was finally inducted into the Hall of Fame! Better late and while he is still around. My bad on the confusion. Cliff Branch on the other hand actuallystill isn't in the HOF

Peace !
Last edited by rdrJoe on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby HutOne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:20 pm

R8der113 wrote:
HutOne wrote:

No question, you guys post more than any others, and you're actually talking football. Had dropped by your board a number of times on Fox only to find my post buried about 3 "show more comments down" a few minutes later. I guess I'm wrong but I thought Tim Brown was voted into the Hall this year!!! Since the Hall doesn't recognize Baltimore's history of the Colts, it is a SHAM!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:55 am

HutOne wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
HutOne wrote:

No question, you guys post more than any others, and you're actually talking football. Had dropped by your board a number of times on Fox only to find my post buried about 3 "show more comments down" a few minutes later. I guess I'm wrong but I thought Tim Brown was voted into the Hall this year!!! Since the Hall doesn't recognize Baltimore's history of the Colts, it is a SHAM!!!

Can't argue with you there....we have a bunch of guys not in , who deserve it...Jim Plunkett, Tom Florres, Lester Hayes ...just to name a few. Hope your safe from all that violence down there in Baltimore.
R8der113
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)