AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 pm

2014_Carrie_TJ2.jpg
2014_Carrie_TJ2.jpg (26.6 KiB) Viewed 16169 times
Last year TJ Carrie was IMO our best corner by a lot. So, this year we can expect a lot more improvement. Which will highlight just how good he really is, while putting the spotlight on the other side. Which is also good. Best man plays in Del Rio's world.

Just win baby.

Hey Rich, great to speak with you brother. We taken over/no excuses tour underway, full throttle.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:16 pm

bw.jpg
bw.jpg (22.68 KiB) Viewed 16162 times
Good morning Nation.
Like every other day a great day being a Raider 4 this life.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:26 pm

081215-durham.jpg
081215-durham.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 16158 times
The Oakland Raiders hit the practice field for their last full practice before this Friday night’s preseason opener against the St. Louis Rams at O.co Coliseum in Oakland. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m.
Throughout camp we have brought you the observations of the sights and sounds from the sidelines. When possible we have added the perspective of visitors who attend camp. ESPN’s Adam Caplan, the longtime sports writer has been a frequent guest during our NFL Combine coverage and he says he really enjoys visiting Oakland Raiders training camp in Napa.
“There’s a lot of energy here, there’s just a new belief here that they can turn this thing around. I think Jack Del Rio has brought a lot of energy into the building,” Caplan said. “This is my West Coast swing, this is year 11 of visiting the Raiders, I always like to go here, the setting is terrific, it’s good to see this. This is a camp I wanted to see. There’s a lot to grasp and look in here.”
Caplan said there is a positive vibe about the Raiders in the circles in which he travels.
“Most people believe that the Raiders are going to be much improved, how that equates to wins is very hard to say,” Caplan said. “The roster has been upgraded, you see the team speed, and they’ve got a good young quarterback. There’s a direction here. This has been a problem for many years. They didn’t have a direction. They have a direction now and it’s good to see.
Here are today’s observations:
Safety Brandian Ross , tight end Lee Smith , running back Roy Helu, Jr. , fullback Jamize Olawale and wide receiver Rod Streater did not participate and could be seen working out with team trainers.
The Raiders preseason TV team of Beth Mowins, Tim Brown and Matt Millen were on hand getting ready for Friday night.
QB Derek Carr rolled out to his right and hit tight end Clive Walford in stride. Walford was introduced to the sideline rather rudely.
The defense jumped offsides and promptly did a set of push-ups.
Running back Latavius Murray took a hand off, slashed through the defense, made a nice cut and bounced it outside for a big gain before getting knocked out of bounds at the 1-yard line.
Linebacker Ben Heeney stepped in front of a pass intended for tight end Gabe Holmes and returned it for a touchdown.
Defensive back Tevin McDonald continues to give wide receiver Austin Willis fits, denying him by swatting the ball away on an out route.
Tight end Clive Walford made a sweet catch deep down the left sideline.
Play of the Day
Wide receiver Kris Durham climbed the ladder and made a great catch over the top of a defensive back on a pass from quarterback Matt McGloin .
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:41 pm

The Oakland Raiders held their final practice before opening the preseason Friday night at O.co Colisum at their Napa Valley Training Complex Wednesday afternoon.
Quarterback Derek Carr spoke to the media following practice, and during his session spoke about the growth of rookie wide receiver Amari Cooper as well as the improvement of the team heading into the new season.
THE CONTINUED GROWTH OF AMARI COOPER
Since arriving in Oakland, rookie wide receiver Amari Cooper has been impressive, flashing the polished route-running and impressive pass-catching ability that made him the first wide receiver taken in this year’s NFL Draft.
As impressive as he’s been, Carr has seen even more improvement in the rookie wide out since training camp got underway.
“One thing I can say about him is the guy gets better at something every day. Whether it’s a step here on his route, you know, there’s so much in the NFL that goes on at the line of scrimmage. As to college you’re just running by guys. And so he’s gotten so much better and so much growth in just that area. And he’s doing great things, whether it’s at the top of the route, like he did today on a third down. Whatever it is, there’s little things he’s getting better at.”
WELCOME BACK, CLIVE
Rookie tight end Clive Walford returned to the practice field Wednesday for his second day of work at Training Camp 2015 after missing the first week and a half due to injury.
The imposing tight end provides Carr a big target, and the second-year quarterback gave his thoughts about Walford’s return to practice.
“He’s a big-time target. Obviously, we all see his size. He has great range, and I’ve said this too about a couple of guys, he’s easy to throw to. Whether it’s his route-running ability, or his ability to go get the ball in the air, he’s very quarterback friendly. It was good to see him out there.”
THE GROWING RELATIONSHIP WITH MICHAEL CRABTREE
Since the team arrived at training camp, it’s been evident that Carr and veteran wide receiver Michael Crabtree have established an impressive on-field rapport.
Carr spoke about this growing connection, as well as about Crabtree as a person.
“He’s a great guy. I love just being around him. We crack jokes, making fun of each other all the time. We’re always joking around, just doing stuff like that. But we like to have fun. That’s what we like to do, man. With Crabtree, he just wants to have fun and compete, and we just like to do that.”
YOU WANT TO LOOK CLEAN
The Raiders open the preseason Friday night, taking on the St. Louis Rams at O.co Coliseum.
While it’s just the first preseason game and Carr doesn’t know how long he and the starters will be on the field, he believes the most important thing is putting together a clean performance.
“We just want to go out there, you know the preseason is to go out there and execute playing against someone else and look clean. You don’t want to have like little penalties like false starts, or offside. You don’t want stuff like that. You want to go out there and play your assignment clean. Obviously you want to go out there and be physical. You want to go out there and obviously assert yourselves as a team. That’s every football game. But, for the most part you want to make sure we’re taking what we’ve done in practice going under the lights and just being clean with what we’re doing.”
VERSATILITY OF MARCEL REECE
Since he arrived at the Raiders Alameda, Calif., facility in 2008, fullback Marcel Reece has proven to be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.
This year the dynamic playmaker figures to be visible in numerous parts of the offense, and Carr spoke about the veteran fullback’s valuable versatility.
“I think with ‘Cel,’ he’s a Pro Bowler, man. You can do whatever you want with him. He can get in the backfield and block power and he can go out and run routes, as we’ve all seen for however many years. For me, one year playing with him. For Marcel, it’s up to coach, however they want to use him. Coach [offensive coordinator Bill] Musgrave will figure out ways to use him and those kind of things. With Marcel, it’s good to have his talent, because you could do either or with him.”
THE RAIDERS ARE IMPROVING
Carr was asked what his barometer this season would be for whether or not the team improved, and the starting quarterback responded by saying the team was already better than they were last year.
“I think we’ve already improved as a team. Just the feeling around it, just being around the guys out here, it’s definitely not the same team, it’s not the same feel. We’re more competitive, we’re more physical – you can already see it. Now, obviously we have to take it to the games, but I feel that just seeing that from that aspect – that’s all I have to see so far – we’re going in the right direction.”
Attachments
081215-carr-cp.jpg
081215-carr-cp.jpg (31.6 KiB) Viewed 16157 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:13 am

Joe, I never heard back if you wanted that change done. Just let me know if you decide to do it with the user name after the register and I will make sure it happens.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:30 pm

kicks wrote:Joe, I never heard back if you wanted that change done. Just let me know if you decide to do it with the user name after the register and I will make sure it happens.
:up:

You da man pardner. I'll get to it today. Unless my wife keeps me completely overwhelmed with dooooooossssssssssssssssssssss. hahaha
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:28 am

rdrJoe wrote:
kicks wrote:Joe, I never heard back if you wanted that change done. Just let me know if you decide to do it with the user name after the register and I will make sure it happens.
:up:

You da man pardner. I'll get to it today. Unless my wife keeps me completely overwhelmed with dooooooossssssssssssssssssssss. hahaha

Just make sure to let me know when/if you do.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm

UPYRS wrote:Shout Out To Rodeo And 113, Keep The Faith. It's Time To ....Rock The House...Semper Fi

Thanks Ups...good luck too
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 am

BAM!!! Raiders looked allot better than previous years...

The DelRaiders are going to be tough!!!
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:07 pm

:up: 8-) :up:
Plumbcrazy70 wrote:BAM!!! Raiders looked allot better than previous years...

The DelRaiders are going to be tough!!!
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:08 pm

:up: :D :up:
UPYRS wrote:Shout Out To Rodeo And 113, Keep The Faith. It's Time To ....Rock The House...Semper Fi

Same back atcha brother. Semper Fi
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Disciplined Football
• The Raiders played clean football in the first half, committing only one penalty for 10 yards. The team finished the contest with two penalties for 22 yards, marking the team’s first preseason game with fewer than five penalties since Aug. 9, 2013 vs. Dallas (four penalties, 35 yards).
Stout Defense, Clutch Offense
• After allowing an opening-drive Rams FG, the Raiders defense held St. Louis scoreless for the remainder of the game including three straight punts in the first half.
• The Raiders offense moved the chains when it counted, converting on 7-of-11 third downs (63.6 percent). As a result, P Marquette King was only called into action one time, in the fourth quarter.
Carr Connects with Cooper and Crabtree
• WR Amari Cooper , the Raiders’ fourth-overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, hauled in three catches for 22 yards (7.3 avg.) in his first NFL appearance, all from QB Derek Carr on the team’s first offensive possession.
• WR Michael Crabtree ’s first reception as a Raider was an impressive catch-and-run for 15 yards and a first down. Crabtree added a second reception for no gain.
Rushing Attack
• RB Latavius Murray got the start and turned in an impressive performance in the preseason opener, breaking off a 17-yard run in first quarter. Murray finished the contest as the team’s leading rusher with six carries for 35 yards (5.8 avg.).
• RB Trent Richardson entered the game in the second quarter to make his Silver and Black debut. He placed second on the team in rushing with five carries for 18 yards (3.6 avg.).
McGloin Posts a 136.4 Passer Rating
• QB Matt McGloin finished the game as the contest’s leading passer, going 10-for-11 (90.9 percent) for 104 yards with one TD and a passer rating of 136.4.
• McGloin took over in the third quarter and quickly began picking up big chunks of yardage through the air, throwing three passes of 10-plus yards on his first drive, which culminated in a 39-yard FG. McGloin finished the scoring drive 5-of-6 passing with 55 yards.
• On his next drive, McGloin orchestrated a nine-play, 62-yard TD drive (4:52), which he capped off with a 16-yard scoring strike to WR Brice Butler .
Butler and Roberts Erupt in Second Half
• WR Brice Butler emerged as one of McGloin’s favorite targets in the second half, finishing the contest as the game’s leading receiver with six receptions for 57 yards with a 16-yard TD.
• WR Seth Roberts also saw significant action in the offense, hauling in all four passes thrown his way for 42 yards (10.5 avg.), including receptions of 17 and 18 yards.
Walford’s First Action
• Rookie TE Clive Walford , the Raiders’ third-round draft pick, saw his first NFL action and immediately made an impact. After a 6-yard reception, his first, Walford caught a 22-yard seam pass from QB Christian Ponder in the second quarter to put the Raiders in the red zone.
Ponder and Holmes Connect for Six
• QB Christian Ponder capped off a 10-play, 80-yard drive (4:37) with a 3-yard TD pass to WR Andre Holmes . Ponder was a perfect 4-for-4 for 47 yards on the drive and also had a 10-yard rush. The 3-yard TD reception marks Holmes’ first career preseason TD to go along with five regular season scores.
Rookie Linebackers Flash Skills
• Rookie LBs Ben Heeney and Neiron Ball , the Raiders’ two fifth-round draft picks in 2015, worked together to force a 0-yard sack (credited to Heeney) of Rams QB Case Keenum in the second quarter when the pair chased the passer out of bounds.
• Heeney finished his debut as the game’s leading tackler, notching eight tackles (six solo) with one sack and quarterback hit, according to unofficial press box statistics.
• Ball contributed three solo tackles, while fellow rookie LB Josh Shirley recorded a crushing sack.
The Return Game
• WR/RS Trindon Holliday recorded his first punt return as a Raider in the first quarter, a 22-yard return.
• RB Taiwan Jones got into the action on special teams, returning the opening kickoff of the second half 27 yards to the Raiders’ own 23-yard line.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Friday night’s game at O.co Coliseum was the first game of the preseason, but it was also the first game in Silver and Black for a lot of members of the 2015 Raiders.
That being said, let’s see how some of the new Raiders fared during their first game in Silver and Black.

Wide Receiver Michael Crabtree

The veteran wide out was solid during his Raiders debut, hauling in 2 passes for 15 yards (7.5 avg.).

Crabtree played just two series Friday night, but it was good to see the chemistry he’s been building with Derek Carr translate to a game.

Linebacker Ben Heeney

The rookie from Kansas had quite the NFL debut Friday night.

He led the team in tackles (8 total), recorded a sack, and was constantly around the ball.

“I’m just glad that I got out there and just made a little bit of an impact,” said Heeney. “It was fast. It was a lot faster than what I’m used to. That’s the NFL and it was definitely everything I thought it would be.”

Center Rodney Hudson

Rodney Hudson was brought in to anchor the Raiders offensive line after spending the first four seasons of his career with the division-rival Kansas City Chiefs.

Hudson looked comfortable in his first live action as a Raider, and he and the rest of the offensive line kept Derek Carr safe and upright during his time on the field.

“With Rodney, he’s a very smart guy,” said running back Latavius Murray. “He takes control up front at that center position and we need that, especially at that position. It makes it easier on Derek [Carr] and it makes it easier on everybody else on offense.”

Quarterback Christian Ponder

Ponder was brought in to compete with quarterback Matt McGloin for the backup quarterback role in Oakland, and during his time on the field Friday night, he was able to steer the Raiders to the end zone.

He finished the night 6 of 8 for 59 yards and a touchdown.

He also showed off his running ability adding 1 rush for 10 yards on the ground.

Tight End Clive Walford

After missing the first week and a half of Training Camp 2015, rookie tight end Clive Walford looked impressive during his first game in Silver and Black.

Listed at 6’4’’ and tipping the scales at 258 pounds, the University of Miami-product looks every bit the part of a starting NFL tight end, and Friday night he flashed some of his big-play potential.

Walford ended the game with 2 receptions for 28 yards (14.0 avg.), including a 22-yard connection on a seam route from quarterback Christian Ponder.

All of that above is spot on. Great seeing the new receivers, LB and Ponder looking pretty doggone good of course. But for me it was really all about seeing we finally have a true top NFL CENTER IN HUDSON!
And WE HAVE TRUE FOOTBALL MEN RUNNING THIS TEAM!

We taken over/no excuses tour underway. Just win baby.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:53 pm

tempIMG_1384--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempIMG_1384--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (59.18 KiB) Viewed 16104 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:54 pm

tempJAX_0095--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0095--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:21 pm

tempJAX_0153--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0153--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (42.82 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 pm

tempJAX_0158--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0158--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (57.13 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:23 pm

tempJAX_0170--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0170--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:23 pm

tempJAX_0512--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0512--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (58.44 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:24 pm

tempJAX_0585--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0585--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (46.99 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm

tempJAX_0604--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_0604--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 pm

tempJAX_9511--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_9511--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 pm

tempJAX_9818--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_9818--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 16103 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm

tempJAX_9855--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempJAX_9855--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (49.46 KiB) Viewed 16104 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:28 pm

tempMAC_8227--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempMAC_8227--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (37.97 KiB) Viewed 16106 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:29 pm

tempMAC_8229--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempMAC_8229--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 16107 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:30 pm

tempMAC_8273--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempMAC_8273--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 16107 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:30 pm

tempMAC_8275--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempMAC_8275--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (42.56 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:31 pm

tempMAC_8315--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempMAC_8315--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 16112 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:32 pm

tempMAC_9183--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
tempMAC_9183--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (35.1 KiB) Viewed 16115 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)