AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:28 pm

R8der113 wrote:Have a Happy 4th...hope all are well!!

Happy 4th of July back atcha!

Raider on.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 am

Happy 4th guys.

Love, peace and chicken grease.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 pm

kicks wrote:Happy 4th guys.

Love, peace and chicken grease.

Close homie, but is love, peace and carnitas grease.

hahaha its too easy.

Happy 4th

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
onenationnfl.png
No knockoffs accepted. Only one and its still just win baby.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Happy 4th to you as well and everyone else here!
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:

Happy 4th to you as well and everyone else here!

and too you too Rock....I'm a Raider and will never comply til the day I die!!!!
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Food for thought...how can anyone determine...whose good or bad...when they never talked to them?
How can anyone judge another...when they never walked in their shoes?
Peace.....is for others...I'm a Raider....and I take what I want and laugh when I;;m done................ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 am

I am disappointed Joe :| :|
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:52 am

R8der113 wrote:Food for thought...how can anyone determine...whose good or bad...when they never talked to them?
How can anyone judge another...when they never walked in their shoes?
Peace.....is for others...I'm a Raider....and I take what I want and laugh when I;;m done................ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This was my thought exactly. I was very disappointed with the way Dark handled the situation. I try to stay out of "internet drama", I have no idea what the dungeon is and don't really care, but I do know that you're a good guy and definitely not a troll. It's a shame because I do like the format that he set up. The problem is that he is judge, jury and executioner and that will be the ultimate limitation of that website. It is a shame that everyone splintered into different directions. Oh well.........Raider on!
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby loutex » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:15 pm

hello rock, joe and rich just a drive by to wish you all a safe and happy 4'th of july to you and your families ;) and RICH it don't matter what dark says or does cause I know your a good man and person........on the old fox page I was called a troll on the seahawks page and I just never returned to their page again .....I do go to the other sight cause I have some good friends over there ..but will never visit the seahawks page cause I am not a troll ......so they can keep there page and attitude!! so brother just keep on what your doing and screw dark :twisted: and your welcome on the TEXAN page anytime :up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:15 pm

loutex wrote:hello rock, joe and rich just a drive by to wish you all a safe and happy 4'th of july to you and your families ;) and RICH it don't matter what dark says or does cause I know your a good man and person........on the old fox page I was called a troll on the seahawks page and I just never returned to their page again .....I do go to the other sight cause I have some good friends over there ..but will never visit the seahawks page cause I am not a troll ......so they can keep there page and attitude!! so brother just keep on what your doing and screw dark :twisted: and your welcome on the TEXAN page anytime :up: :up:

Thanks Lou
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Rich, I'm tuning in a bit late to the situation and I haven't read any of the posts in question, but everything that I read, it almost sounds like your profile may have been Hijacked....I had this happen to me on Facebook...it got ugly.
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:Rich, I'm tuning in a bit late to the situation and I haven't read any of the posts in question, but everything that I read, it almost sounds like your profile may have been Hijacked....I had this happen to me on Facebook...it got ugly.

Thanks Plumb,,,still don't know what I've done, other then joining the Duck's page....thought this was a free country....I can go where I want...and he can ban me for that...it's his sandbox.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:02 am

[quote="loutex"]hello rock, joe and rich just a drive by to wish you all a safe and happy 4'th of july to you and your families ;) and RICH it don't matter what dark says or does cause I know your a good man and person........on the old fox page I was called a troll on the seahawks page and I just never returned to their page again .....I do go to the other sight cause I have some good friends over there ..but will never visit the seahawks page cause I am not a troll ......so they can keep there page and attitude!! so brother just keep on what your doing and screw dark :twisted: and your welcome on the TEXAN page anytime :up: :up:[/quote

You are right there are a great many good people.

Thanks and we'll see you there 8-)

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Sad day indeed...Rest In Peace Kenny "The Snake" Stabler
Attachments
kenstabler.jpg
kenstabler.jpg (23.32 KiB) Viewed 14426 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:44 pm

That's what he tells Satan, if he tries taking him. One of the best men to ever wear the Silver and Black.
Attachments
images (5).jpg
images (5).jpg (5.14 KiB) Viewed 14426 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

After he won SB XI
Attachments
tumblr_n3thkqHGHU1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n3thkqHGHU1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg (80.65 KiB) Viewed 14427 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Everyone remembers Kenny's throws, but the guy could run too, when he was young. His run in his senior season during the Iron Bowl to win the game in the mud. 47 yards with no time on the clock.......
Attachments
images (7).jpg
images (7).jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 14426 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:12 pm

To all the Raider haters..........
Attachments
773796ed85.jpg
773796ed85.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 14366 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:44 am

UPYRS wrote:Sorry for your loss Nation, Snake personified Raider,

Thanks UPYRS
R8der113
Veteran

Postby loutex » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:37 pm

farewell "snake" and thank you for all the great memories with the RATDERS AND OILERS during your days....legends never die they will always live on in our hearts forever........RIP KENNY STABLER YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS NOW!! My prayers and thoughts are with the family and raider nation.......GOD BLESS....AMEN...
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:23 pm

loutex wrote:farewell "snake" and thank you for all the great memories with the RATDERS AND OILERS during your days....legends never die they will always live on in our hearts forever........RIP KENNY STABLER YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS NOW!! My prayers and thoughts are with the family and raider nation.......GOD BLESS....AMEN...

Thanks Lou
R8der113
Veteran

Re: Kenny Stabler

Postby R8der113 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:23 am

Shindig24 wrote:R.I.P. Snake!!!! One of the greatest!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: ...thanks Shindig
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Everybody knows I have posted Kenny's pic for years, nobody was a greater Raider than Al Davis, but as to players nobody was every better than Snake. His was among the many legendary Raiders AVs I used before I put this one up one day, drew the interest and opened doors that had not been open, no way I could ever change it. But Kenny is my boy, very brutal news and another tragic loss of the greatest of the greats.

Raider on Snake, Raider on.

Peace !

kenstabler.jpg
kenstabler.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 14343 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 pm

rYcU65piRvGyU5vQH5PW_halfmast.jpg
rYcU65piRvGyU5vQH5PW_halfmast.jpg (5.88 KiB) Viewed 14344 times

When first seeing this I selfishly thought of my son, who is in TN. sitting on the promotions board. He is safe, just landed in SD. But I guess it is just my normal reaction. It was replaced almost immediately with prayers for the families and loved ones of those murdered hero's.

They are actually "investigating" why it was done? take a look at the murdering terrorists name for gosh shakes.

I won't post anything above that post on the hero's who paid the price for our freedom. But we need this country to wake TF up right now!!!!!!! It took Europe far too long to get it, now they are totally jacked.

Not USA! Let freedom ring.

Peace !

p,s,Thank the Lord my son texted me just a while ago, he is alive and well. These great Marines paid the full price for us all. Their families and loved ones are going to keep right on paying it.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Glad your son is safe.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:36 pm

R8der113 wrote:Glad your son is safe.

Much thanks. That he is pretty much always going to be in harms way is just the way it all goes. Life is filled with trials and tests. Yes, I am always glad to hear he made it through another one. I can't remember how many times I almost checked out. Too many close and almost s where I barely lived through it, woke up in some far different places then my last conscious memory recalled. Sometimes it was just a flat out good break, sometimes great docs and other emergency personnel, mostly it was God. But it never once put me under the strain like having my child in it! nope, not close at all. Whew!

Thanks again. Hope your family is well. All the best, always.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Re: 1976 Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Shindig24 wrote:Watched the 1976 NFL Films on the Oakland Raiders, what a team!! They should make the current team watch this 1000 times over to get the vibe

Damn straight!!!!!!!!!!!! I was always saying Ben Davidson should have a pep talk in a closed room with them. I was at a game in SD in the 90s pre Gru, Big Ben was doing sideline commentary and man he kept going off on the team while being live down there. Saying (close as I can remember) "these guys are a disgrace to the uniform. They don't belong in the silver and black. They have no idea about the "winningest team in professional sports" we created. Or how hard we all worked our azzzes off all those years to get that record." "Those #$%#rs need to take that uniform off right ##$##$$ing now!" The others were trying to calm him down. No use. He said something like "Thats it I am done here." off he went. Just like that. F them guys.

Ben, Jack, Gene, Dalby, Marv, Blanda, Todd, Art, Al, now Kenny are gone and way to soon (too many more also). But lock this group in with Ted Hendricks, Lester, Mike, Marcus, Howie, Villapiano (great bday day), Branch, Casper, Shell, Atkinson and a crowd of the others that remember the Raider Way, Al Davis take no prisoners way of Just Win Baby!! They'll do the trick.

Raider on.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Re: 1976 Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 pm

:up: :up: :up: ;) :up: :up: :up:
Shindig24 wrote:Watched the 1976 NFL Films on the Oakland Raiders, what a team!! They should make the current team watch this 1000 times over to get the vibe
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:41 pm

UPYRS wrote:@Rodeo Joe.......Great hearing from you, glad to hear that your son is safe, hope all is well in your world.. Keep The Faith And Semper Fi

Copy that brother. And as always much thanks.

Stay cool. We need all the cool we can find, now that the world is officially going there in a hand basket.

Carry on.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)