AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:Every year I see my Raider brothers get excited for the upcoming season and for the past 13 years we have been severely disappointed as the seasons progressed. Except for the season with Hue at the helm, this is the first season in awhile that I am truly excited and feel confident that things are going to turn around. Not necessarily because of our players (although we finally have some ballers) but mainly because of the coaches in place. I feel like this coaching staff is going to turn things around. Jack Del Raider? Oh yeah! The stars are aligned and the time is right! Raiders are going to return to greatness!! I feel it in my bones! :twisted:

Its good still having the brotherhood keeping the fires lit. Yes, other than the 2 seasons Hue with on the team (first with Cable until he blew it) the times have been like nothing in our history. Times that try men's will. I really would have loved seeing Hue running the offense with JDR at HC taking care of business. But with Musgrave? its a wait and see deal, but this I know for sure, the tools we have had other than the 2 I just mentioned above that have been involved in coaching the team have been worse than pathetic. The foolish trashing of the last season by letting the failure of a HC D Allen start the season having lost the team almost from the gate to begin with is FINALLY OVER.
Which all equates with the We taken over/no excuses tour taking flight.

Its on baby.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:05 pm

hardtobedenverfan wrote:Just checking in, it's been a while. I am glad to see the old band getting back together. Fox screwed the pooch from what I can tell.

Feel free to chexxx in often. Flox shot the last canon ball straight down through taking a once great opportunity out.

Take care.

Peace !
Last edited by rdrJoe on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Another great day being a Raider 4 this life. A

A beautiful day to all human beings.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
hardtobedenverfan wrote:Just checking in, it's been a while. I am glad to see the old band getting back together. Fox screwed the pooch from what I can tell.

Feel free to chexxx in often. Flox shot the last canon ball straight down threw taking a once great opportunity out.

Take care.

Peace !

Fox kept trying to kill that place but couldn't figure out how for the longest time. They finally did it. At least we have moderators here that pay attention.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:25 pm

kicks wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Feel free to chexxx in often. Flox shot the last canon ball straight down threw taking a once great opportunity out.

Take care.

Peace !

Fox kept trying to kill that place but couldn't figure out how for the longest time. They finally did it. At least we have moderators here that pay attention.

Well, when they handed it to LiveFried and allowed other outsiders to buy their way in to work as part time mods with their own agenda, it was doomed AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Later Kicks.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Hudson looks like a super bargain for us now, with Pouncey signing for mo doughnuts. These cats are born the same year and month, both top of the line centers. But Hudson comes to us as pretty much baggage free pure C. While (don't get me wrong, this guy is doggone good, but) Pouncey comes with the dirty laundry of harassment claims on his own teams players, and a tough injury and returning as a Guard last year. Who is the biggest gamble? I really have been on the Hud bandwagon even before all the Suh talk, C is something the Raiders had the absolute best in the league and history for decades. We had only 3 starting centers for all those years, Otto, Dalby, Mosebar. The results of having that monster in the middle of the line are evident. We had Barrett Robbins playing center for our last Super Bowl run in 03, and IMO Robbins disappearing act the night before the game leaving the long snapper to try calling and playing center in place of the pro bowler, actually All Pro- Robbins that wiped out the game for us. Robbins still blames himself which is tragic for him with his major chemical imbalance issues. But, yeah, booze and not taking prescribed meds will do that to someone like with that problem. Sad story there all around.

But the bright side is, we have a pro bowl caliber center in front of Derek Carr, making Carrs's drive much smoother. hahaha its too easy.

Go Raaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Tooz.jpg
Tooz.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 17549 times
[/attachment]Another great Sunday in Da Nation.
Hope all are well, and as everyone knows the We taken over/no excuses tour is underway.
As Tooz would say "Any questions?" hahaha

Its too easy

Raider on.

Peace !
Last edited by rdrJoe on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:08 pm

hendricks-ted.jpg
hendricks-ted.jpg (42.41 KiB) Viewed 17550 times

Mad Stork & Tooz! what a pair to draw to. hahaha
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Shindig24 wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:Hudson looks like a super bargain for us now, with Pouncey signing for mo doughnuts. These cats are born the same year and month, both top of the line centers. But Hudson comes to us as pretty much baggage free pure C. While (don't get me wrong, this guy is doggone good, but) Pouncey comes with the dirty laundry of harassment claims on his own teams players, and a tough injury and returning as a Guard last year. Who is the biggest gamble? I really have been on the Hud bandwagon even before all the Suh talk, C is something the Raiders had the absolute best in the league and history for decades. We had only 3 starting centers for all those years, Otto, Dalby, Mosebar. The results of having that monster in the middle of the line are evident. We had Barrett Robbins playing center for our last Super Bowl run in 03, and IMO Robbins disappearing act the night before the game leaving the long snapper to try calling and playing center in place of the pro bowler, actually All Pro- Robbins that wiped out the game for us. Robbins still blames himself which is tragic for him with his major chemical imbalance issues. But, yeah, booze and not taking prescribed meds will do that to someone like with that problem. Sad story there all around.

But the bright side is, we have a pro bowl caliber center in front of Derek Carr, making Carrs's drive much smoother. hahaha its too easy.

Go Raaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm sending Tijuana travel brochures to Hudson right now... lol
Peace !

What a steal he was, but shocked the Chiefs let him walk. I would not let a top 5 or higher either C or LT go no matter what. People ignore just how valuable the center is, he makes or breaks the entire line. LT (unless a lefty is there) is also paramount. But even a good LT isn't as important as the C.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Shindig24 wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:Every year I see my Raider brothers get excited for the upcoming season and for the past 13 years we have been severely disappointed as the seasons progressed. Except for the season with Hue at the helm, this is the first season in awhile that I am truly excited and feel confident that things are going to turn around. Not necessarily because of our players (although we finally have some ballers) but mainly because of the coaches in place. I feel like this coaching staff is going to turn things around. Jack Del Raider? Oh yeah! The stars are aligned and the time is right! Raiders are going to return to greatness!! I feel it in my bones! :twisted:

Its good still having the brotherhood keeping the fires lit. Yes, other than the 2 seasons Hue with on the team (first with Cable until he blew it) the times have been like nothing in our history. Times that try men's will. I really would have loved seeing Hue running the offense with JDR at HC taking care of business. But with Musgrave? its a wait and see deal, but this I know for sure, the tools we have had other than the 2 I just mentioned above that have been involved in coaching the team have been worse than pathetic. The foolish trashing of the last season by letting the failure of a HC D Allen start the season having lost the team almost from the gate to begin with is FINALLY OVER.
Which all equates with the We taken over/no excuses tour taking flight.

Its on baby.

Del Rio is a great coach and I think the Raider faithful are going to like the results....
Peace !

JDR is the affirmation of Mark Davis taking the pro football ownership serious. He saw his reach at GM, actually it was compounded with the owner passing "Al", then Mark dealing with all that and his mom telling him he was running the show, then RM and DAllen all being rookies!!!!!! ugh. But Mark is manning up taking responsibility and turning to a solid success in JDR who was the HC in the worst place to have wining football being JVille and is no one to mess around. He didn't come here to lose and wipe out his career. No excuses now. Everyone I know firmly believes Del Rio is the second most powerful man in the organization. The picture of Mark going up to him in Denver and shaking hands tells it all. T/g

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:20 am

gabe-jackson-nfl-preseason-oakland-raiders-minnesota-vikings-850x560.jpg
gabe-jackson-nfl-preseason-oakland-raiders-minnesota-vikings-850x560.jpg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 17550 times

This kid is called big smoothie, since he smooths everything in front of him. Great rookie that with Hudson and the others will dominate for years to come.
Good night to all.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 am

Great pics Joe. Thanks for sharing. Raiders have a long, proud, storied past. Glad you are on your way back up...
kicks
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 am

Hey Kicks........Congrats to the Broncos for having the most posts of any team on the old Fox board! Most of the teams have less than 10 posts since they changed to farcebook! lol! :o
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 am

I remember Gruden being really high on Manziel in last years draft. I guess he still doesn't have an eye for talent, but was one hell of a coach.
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 am

Rockindaddy wrote:Hey Kicks........Congrats to the Broncos for having the most posts of any team on the old Fox board! Most of the teams have less than 10 posts since they changed to farcebook! lol! :o

Yeah. Well that was mostly me. I was trying to save the place. It was like beating a dead horse. F em now.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:32 am

Some nice new background graphics on the Raider website. Jim Otto, Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson to name a few. Nice! :)

http://www.raiders.com/index.html
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 am

Loving those pictures of yesteryear, Joe! Those were from another era, and I really don't think it's been as exciting since the day of those characters. I do miss those days and the antics of those players. Now the rules have tightened everything up ON the field, but the players have turned into outlaws OFF the field... :?
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Does anyone else remember this vintage beer commercial or am I going senile:

Several Raider greats playing pool with a couple of guys and the Raiders lift the table and all the balls roll into the corner pocket. The guys say "Hey, you cheated" and all the Raiders say "So!" in unison. The guys then says "So....uh............nice shot!"

I cannot find anything on the internet about this commercial. I could have sworn I saw it. :?:
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:17 pm

:up: :up: :up: :up: :D :D :D :D :up: :up: :up: :up:
kicks wrote:Great pics Joe. Thanks for sharing. Raiders have a long, proud, storied past. Glad you are on your way back up...
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:Does anyone else remember this vintage beer commercial or am I going senile:

Several Raider greats playing pool with a couple of guys and the Raiders lift the table and all the balls roll into the corner pocket. The guys say "Hey, you cheated" and all the Raiders say "So!" in unison. The guys then says "So....uh............nice shot!"

I cannot find anything on the internet about this commercial. I could have sworn I saw it. :?:

I remember the commercial bro.

Raider on.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 pm

cklaurence wrote:Loving those pictures of yesteryear, Joe! Those were from another era, and I really don't think it's been as exciting since the day of those characters. I do miss those days and the antics of those players. Now the rules have tightened everything up ON the field, but the players have turned into outlaws OFF the field... :?

I love them also. Yes, football has changed for the much worse. They focus on everything that wasn't what made the game so unbelievably popular. Today all that is gone, the focus is only on the dollar and pandering to the current trends of trying to think never offending anyone anywhere. They seem to have forgotten we are human beings. All individuals, which makes us vastly different from the other inhabitants of this planet.
Additionally, the loss of those types of players from all the teams in those days and fact that none of them would be allowed to play a down in the NFL as it is today. No contact yellow flag football. Tooz, Hendricks, Jack Tatum? all of the tough hard nosed players (which were on every successful team) could play. Shoot even Csonk would be tossed along with anyone running over someone!!! ugh

Take care.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:31 pm

kicks wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:Hey Kicks........Congrats to the Broncos for having the most posts of any team on the old Fox board! Most of the teams have less than 10 posts since they changed to farcebook! lol! :o

Yeah. Well that was mostly me. I was trying to save the place. It was like beating a dead horse. F em now.

Difference between the Comanche and Apache is- Comanche will ride the horse until he is dead, then eat him. Apache will the ride the horse until he is dead, then get him back up and ride him some more. hahaha
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:09 pm

4THERAIDERS wrote:Yo Yo!

Hope Everyone is having a Great Weekend!

In response to the "Resistance" post....It's not that at all.
I just have close Raider Friends that I talk with at CBS, and They don't want to migrate again...That's all it is.
I think that This Page is Awesome, and I will continue to look in until CBS "Nukes" Us.
I hope Everyone understands my stance....At least I'm registered, and have a GREAT Place to hang if CBS goes down.
I will continue to check in anyways....Go Raiders!!!

Willy!!!! look how long it took me to see this post. hahaha man I sho been paying close attention. uh well, I guess not. Anyway, you got some close Raider friends right here too bro. Will catch you on the flip side. Too white and bland at cBs for ol Joe. hahaha nah, but seriously I don't think you can even post a football article there, much less pic or anything. This place has member contact mail also.
See yaz when I does.

Until then-Raider on.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm

leonard%20williams%20usc.jpg
leonard%20williams%20usc.jpg (67.74 KiB) Viewed 17552 times
This is our draft pick and the large piece to finish the puzzle
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Leonard-Williams-USC.jpg
Leonard-Williams-USC.jpg (61.51 KiB) Viewed 17552 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:29 pm

For all of those that missed the message Williams is going to Da Raiders!!!!!!!!

hahaha its too easy.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:I remember Gruden being really high on Manziel in last years draft. I guess he still doesn't have an eye for talent, but was one hell of a coach.

I have always really liked Chucky. But there is also the specter of him inheriting a team built on defense Dungy couldn't get to the big dance, he gets the door, Gru comes in, guides them to the SB. But nothing afterwards, like in Oakland. But in reality all through those playoffs that was the only team I didn't want to play. I kept waiting for someone to knock them off (the weren't that good) No one did though. And for the first time in our decades of being together my wife was far more upset during the game than me. She said stuff like "oh all people that would be tearing everything or anyone apart its you! but your sitting there calm???????????????????? I told her again "I saw all this coming" I didn't see Callasham not changing the plays at all, not even a different formation or anything though. Looked like ol Calla had threw the thing.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:I remember Gruden being really high on Manziel in last years draft. I guess he still doesn't have an eye for talent, but was one hell of a coach.

I have always really liked Chucky. But there is also the specter of him inheriting a team built on defense Dungy couldn't get to the big dance, he gets the door, Gru comes in, guides them to the SB. But nothing afterwards, like in Oakland. But in reality all through those playoffs that was the only team I didn't want to play. I kept waiting for someone to knock them off (the weren't that good) No one did though. And for the first time in our decades of being together my wife was far more upset during the game than me. She said stuff like "oh all people that would be tearing everything or anyone apart its you! but your sitting there calm???????????????????? I told her again "I saw all this coming" I didn't see Callasham not changing the plays at all, not even a different formation or anything though. Looked like ol Calla had threw the thing.

Hey Joe...... I loved Gruden and thought he was the perfect Raiders coach. I was disappointed when Al traded him. When it became clear that the Raiders would face him in the SB, I wasn't sure how it would pan out, but in hindsight it is obvious. You're a smarter man than me. I thought the advantage might come to us, but boy was I wrong. I get pissed everytime I see Callasham on TV. :twisted:
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby Rockindaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:Does anyone else remember this vintage beer commercial or am I going senile:

Raider on.

Thanks.....thought I was going crazy. I can't believe there is no trace of it on the internet. There are however, some great old Ben Davidson Miller lite commercials on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daWYdWi1ew0
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 am

Rockindaddy wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Raider on.

Yep Tooz was epic, certainly one of our greats. Commercials were cool too.
Love Chucky, sure wanted him to come back. But Del Rio brings it to the plate fo sho! Its gonna happen now. Right NOW!

Peace !

Thanks.....thought I was going crazy. I can't believe there is no trace of it on the internet. There are however, some great old Ben Davidson Miller lite commercials on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daWYdWi1ew0
rdrJoe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)