AFC West Oakland Raiders

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Oakland Raiders

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 am

:up: :up: :D :D :D :D :up: :up: :up: :up:
Rockindaddy wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:I remember Gruden being really high on Manziel in last years draft. I guess he still doesn't have an eye for talent, but was one hell of a coach.

I have always really liked Chucky. But there is also the specter of him inheriting a team built on defense Dungy couldn't get to the big dance, he gets the door, Gru comes in, guides them to the SB. But nothing afterwards, like in Oakland. But in reality all through those playoffs that was the only team I didn't want to play. I kept waiting for someone to knock them off (the weren't that good) No one did though. And for the first time in our decades of being together my wife was far more upset during the game than me. She said stuff like "oh all people that would be tearing everything or anyone apart its you! but your sitting there calm???????????????????? I told her again "I saw all this coming" I didn't see Callasham not changing the plays at all, not even a different formation or anything though. Looked like ol Calla had threw the thing.

Hey Joe...... I loved Gruden and thought he was the perfect Raiders coach. I was disappointed when Al traded him. When it became clear that the Raiders would face him in the SB, I wasn't sure how it would pan out, but in hindsight it is obvious. You're a smarter man than me. I thought the advantage might come to us, but boy was I wrong. I get pissed everytime I see Callasham on TV. :twisted:
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am

Welcome to the Raiders Mr. Crabtree!
He who laughs last.........thinks slowest!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:Welcome to the Raiders Mr. Crabtree!

Bringing in Crabs finally shows up in silver & black & now his brilliant career starts paying dividends for him & us.
hahaha
And far more importantly it frees up all questions on Williams DT also showing up in silver & black. Monster born baby.

Its too easy. hahaha

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:30 pm

What's up peeps? :lol:
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Crabtree may work out pretty well...especially now that he has a QB that can throw the rock!
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:What's up peeps? :lol:

You up brother. Its your turn to show the board how posting manics and total football fanatics Da Raiders be. hahaha its too easy.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:Crabtree may work out pretty well...especially now that he has a QB that can throw the rock!

Yes he will. Now bringing the bell ringing, havoc wreaking Williams creating the type of mayhem not seen for tooooooooo long now is the ticket.

Because it signals the We taken over/no excuses tour
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:47 pm

howie.jpg
howie.jpg (31.34 KiB) Viewed 18560 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:48 pm

howie-long.jpg
howie-long.jpg (62.67 KiB) Viewed 18560 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Stabler was known for studying his playbook by the light of a nightclub jukebox and for his affinity for female fans. As Hall of Fame guard Gene Upshaw said, "When we were behind in the fourth quarter, with our backs to our end zone, no matter how he had played up to that point, we could look in his eyes and you knew, you knew, he was going to win it for us. That was an amazing feeling."

Nothing like a great QB to lead you to the W. I remember one MNF game when Snake was terrible in the first half, throwing like 3 ints. being down by like 24 points, woman with a mic says to him on his way into the tunnel "Kenny, after throwing three ints. being down like this, what do you do?" Kenny looks at her like she dropped in from Mars, says "well then that just means I to throw a bunch of touchdown passes!" just exactly what he did. Raiders completed the biggest comeback in MNF history (at the time, maybe not now?)

Then there is this hahaha-
The next week, Stabler led a 17-10 defeat of the Cardinals, and Gene Upshaw gave Stabler the game ball: the first of five straight Raider victories, including a game against the Colts in which Stabler completed 25 of 29 passes for more than 300 yards, including, at one point, 14 completions in a row. Snake was not only talking the talk, he was walking the walk.

Stabler started the rest of the season -- and the next seven years: bombing, scrapping, dinking, dunking and scrambling on the field, blond hair flapping from beneath the helmet, and, off the field, studying the playbook by the light of a jukebox, at Gene Upshaw's bar, at Al's Cactus Room, at all of the dimly lit dives where the Raiders loved to unwind. He became the master of the fourth-quarter comeback. His unrestrained love of life off the field knew few bounds, but on the Coliseum turf, he developed into a Zen master in the huddle, always at his coolest when the situation was at its most desperate. "This is our time," he'd say, to the ten men surrounding him. And none of them doubted it. Starting with that 1973 season, he engineered five straight conference championships -- and, in 1976, the franchise's first Super Bowl.

Through al those years, the Badasses intimidated, clotheslined, pounded opponents until the blood spurted from behind the facemasks. They won with talent, and they won with intimidation. But there was only one king of the Badasses.

"We were lovable renegades," Ken Stabler says now. But he's really talking about himself.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:09 pm

kenstabler.jpg
kenstabler.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 18560 times
rdrJoe wrote:Stabler was known for studying his playbook by the light of a nightclub jukebox and for his affinity for female fans. As Hall of Fame guard Gene Upshaw said, "When we were behind in the fourth quarter, with our backs to our end zone, no matter how he had played up to that point, we could look in his eyes and you knew, you knew, he was going to win it for us. That was an amazing feeling."

Nothing like a great QB to lead you to the W. I remember one MNF game when Snake was terrible in the first half, throwing like 3 ints. being down by like 24 points, woman with a mic says to him on his way into the tunnel "Kenny, after throwing three ints. being down like this, what do you do?" Kenny looks at her like she dropped in from Mars, says "well then that just means I to throw a bunch of touchdown passes!" just exactly what he did. Raiders completed the biggest comeback in MNF history (at the time, maybe not now?)

Then there is this hahaha-
The next week, Stabler led a 17-10 defeat of the Cardinals, and Gene Upshaw gave Stabler the game ball: the first of five straight Raider victories, including a game against the Colts in which Stabler completed 25 of 29 passes for more than 300 yards, including, at one point, 14 completions in a row. Snake was not only talking the talk, he was walking the walk.

Stabler started the rest of the season -- and the next seven years: bombing, scrapping, dinking, dunking and scrambling on the field, blond hair flapping from beneath the helmet, and, off the field, studying the playbook by the light of a jukebox, at Gene Upshaw's bar, at Al's Cactus Room, at all of the dimly lit dives where the Raiders loved to unwind. He became the master of the fourth-quarter comeback. His unrestrained love of life off the field knew few bounds, but on the Coliseum turf, he developed into a Zen master in the huddle, always at his coolest when the situation was at its most desperate. "This is our time," he'd say, to the ten men surrounding him. And none of them doubted it. Starting with that 1973 season, he engineered five straight conference championships -- and, in 1976, the franchise's first Super Bowl.

Through al those years, the Badasses intimidated, clotheslined, pounded opponents until the blood spurted from behind the facemasks. They won with talent, and they won with intimidation. But there was only one king of the Badasses.

"We were lovable renegades," Ken Stabler says now. But he's really talking about himself.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:10 pm

ken+stabler.bmp.jpg
ken+stabler.bmp.jpg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 18560 times
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Michael+Crabtree+Portraits+qgSuETnCM-1l.jpg
Michael+Crabtree+Portraits+qgSuETnCM-1l.jpg (39.1 KiB) Viewed 18559 times

He looks better in this than the uni he was stuck with during his break in period. Period does suit the situation over there. ahem hahaha
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Plumb crazy has been added.

I just noticed the notice in my box and then noticed he already noticed. Lmao.

Enjoy.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Plumbcrazy70 wrote:What's up peeps? :lol:

Welcome Plumb! Sorry your message went in my "other" Facebook mailbox or you'd have been here sooner. ;)
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:42 pm

kicks wrote:Plumb crazy has been added.

I just noticed the notice in my box and then noticed he already noticed. Lmao.

Enjoy.

Great to see another Raider on board! Let's fill up this bus!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby Rockindaddy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:45 pm

What a great pic!
Attachments
temp041015-Bryant-Gumbel-John-Madden-Al-Davis-Super-Bowl-Xl--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
temp041015-Bryant-Gumbel-John-Madden-Al-Davis-Super-Bowl-Xl--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 18561 times
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:What a great pic!

That is timeless, a pic for ages!

Go Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiidddddddddeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssddd
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:What a great pic!

i even like that one... :D
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 pm

It's a shame that when Fox went down all the regular posters scattered around to various sites. Some here, some at CBS and now other sites are popping up. I don't see the attraction to CBS and I don't want to keep trying other sites. I'll hold out hope that eventually everyone will wind up here. :(
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Rockindaddy wrote:It's a shame that when Fox went down all the regular posters scattered around to various sites. Some here, some at CBS and now other sites are popping up. I don't see the attraction to CBS and I don't want to keep trying other sites. I'll hold out hope that eventually everyone will wind up here. :(

There is no attraction at cBS, it looks like a blank page that could just be phone texting, with little about football. Although in fairness, there is little about football right now other than Crabs signing. Oh yeah, and the upcoming Williams in the draft.
hahaha

I had a great long conversation today with brother Hank, told him the deal about this site and its history. Troll/drone free zone. Yeah baby, I am sure they will all eventually show.

Its too easy.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:01 am

rdrJoe wrote:
Rockindaddy wrote:It's a shame that when Fox went down all the regular posters scattered around to various sites. Some here, some at CBS and now other sites are popping up. I don't see the attraction to CBS and I don't want to keep trying other sites. I'll hold out hope that eventually everyone will wind up here. :(

There is no attraction at cBS, it looks like a blank page that could just be phone texting, with little about football. Although in fairness, there is little about football right now other than Crabs signing. Oh yeah, and the upcoming Williams in the draft.
hahaha

I had a great long conversation today with brother Hank, told him the deal about this site and its history. Troll/drone free zone. Yeah baby, I am sure they will all eventually show.

Its too easy.

Peace !

That's the best thing about this site - no trolls. Having to be approved helps weed out the ex's of the world!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 am

Well it helps weed out obvious trolls. Doesn't mean some might not get in. But unlike Fox, they won't last long.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Rockindaddy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:52 am

al.jpg
al.jpg (33.7 KiB) Viewed 18547 times
The Man!!
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby Plumbcrazy70 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello My Raider Brothers!!! Raiders interested in AP? ...A great talent for sure...but the pics of his kid is a brutal thing to see...
Plumbcrazy70
Rookie

Postby Rockindaddy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:46 pm

I honestly don't think the Raiders are interested. Just another hack media rat spreading rumors during a slow time. I wouldn't want him anyway as we have some good backs and he already named the teams he wanted to play for and the Raiders were not one of them.
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 pm

[quote="Rockindaddy"]I honestly don't think the Raiders are interested. Just another hack media rat spreading rumors during a slow time. I wouldn't want him anyway as we have some good backs and he already named the teams he wanted to play for and the Raiders were not one of them.[/quot

Good morning Nation.
Rock, I would really like to have AP for the next couple years, if it happens? Great! If not we will work it out.

Keep on rocking, and don't forget to boogie. hahaha

Peace !
Last edited by rdrJoe on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Rockindaddy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:23 pm

I just prefer players that "want" to be a Raider. Nothing against AP. I'm sure if we landed him, he would work hard. He doesn't seem to be a check collector type. (Ala Warren Sapp)
Rockindaddy
Rookie

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Rock, me too.
This just in-
Apparently, numerous NFL general managers believe the Raiders are contenders to land Peterson if a trade is brought about by Minnesota. Former Vikings’, and current Raiders’, offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave was there when Peterson had his best season ever in 2012 with 2,097 yards rushing.

One other thing the Raiders have, that the Cowboys do not, is cap space.

Oakland is currently looking at about $20 million in salary cap space, and that’s huge. Yes, some will be used for draft picks and such, but that’s more than enough to cover the $15.4 million that Peterson will count against the cap this season.

It’s also true that the Raiders have running back Latavius Murray from last season and picked up Roy Helu and Trent Richardson this offseason. Still, it’s crazy to think that any team wouldn’t welcome in Adrian Peterson if they had the chance, no matter how crowded their backfield may be.

Also though, to me over 15mil is a ton for any RB. Still.......... well since Musgrave is so close to the man and IF he believes AP can still perform at the level we have witnessed? IDK man just don't know.

Whatever happens it'll still start the We taken over/no excuses tour.
Its too easy. hahaha

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 pm

rdrJoe wrote:Rock, me too.
This just in-
Apparently, numerous NFL general managers believe the Raiders are contenders to land Peterson if a trade is brought about by Minnesota. Former Vikings’, and current Raiders’, offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave was there when Peterson had his best season ever in 2012 with 2,097 yards rushing.

One other thing the Raiders have, that the Cowboys do not, is cap space.

Oakland is currently looking at about $20 million in salary cap space, and that’s huge. Yes, some will be used for draft picks and such, but that’s more than enough to cover the $15.4 million that Peterson will count against the cap this season.

It’s also true that the Raiders have running back Latavius Murray from last season and picked up Roy Helu and Trent Richardson this offseason. Still, it’s crazy to think that any team wouldn’t welcome in Adrian Peterson if they had the chance, no matter how crowded their backfield may be.

Also though, to me over 15mil is a ton for any RB. Still.......... well since Musgrave is so close to the man and IF he believes AP can still perform at the level we have witnessed? IDK man just don't know.

Whatever happens it'll still start the We taken over/no excuses tour.
Its too easy. hahaha

Peace !

Looks like AP was just drumming up the $$. If so he isn't needed afterall.
rdrJoe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)