AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Postby kicks » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:33 pm

VAChiefsFan wrote:
R8der113 wrote:You might get a SB, VA....they played one in NY. So the cold weather thing is done with, although it was 40 degrees when they played in NY.

You guys taking a WR in round one? or is Avant your #1?

Nope, R8der -- The SB in NYC (NJ, actually) was a 9/11 deal - and was an exception. The SB in Minneapolis was a business deal -- It was "payback" for screwing the tax payers for building the then-new stadium, which turned out to be a fiasco - with the roof falling in... Now the Vikings apparently want a new stadium... I liked it when they played outside in the COLD weather...

Anyway, those were exceptions -- Simply consider the time of year the SB is held... That essentially limits it to the southern-most teams - southern California, Arizona, Houston, New Orleans, the Florida teams - and maybe Hotlanta... Really, the best venues seem to be Miami, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Arizona, and southern California... I am a die-hard Chiefs fan, but to be serious: Who in their right mind wants to go to K.C. in late January / early February for a SB...?!! The BBQ gets old after a day or so -- I mean you can't eat it every day...!! lol!!

As for who we draft - or anyone drafts - it is like counting the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin... But that is the fun of it... I am inclined toward UPS thinking re Cameron Erving - but I have a suspicion they will go with WR or perhaps CB, if a decent one falls... A lot depends on who is on the boards...

You are quite right VA. The NY deal was because of 9/11. They have discussed having cold weather SB's in the future but that is just talk to satisfy the cold weather teams. It just doesn't make sense. The people that go to the Superbowl are usually corporate types. As they are the only ones that can afford those outrageous prices. And the NFL needs to keep them warm and happy. All the cold weather venues (other than the token NY/NJ Superbowl) were in stadiums with domes to keep the cold out. They wont likely have cold weather Superbowls in the future. Look at the track record for the games. Los Angeles, San Diego, Miami, New Orleans, Miami. Its all about the experience. And the $$$$$$.

Have a good one. Glad to see your crew posting.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:38 am

Good afternoon UPYRS! Just had to say hello and pat you on your back. You will make Veteran here before some of the Swiss Family members who have been here for years, in such a short time, and it isn't even season. I can't wait till Draft Day (there will be free kegs and pizza throughout the draft) when I'm expecting you to be very vocal. I'm wishing you and your team well and I hope you get the players you want.

I'm very benevolent until season arrives. Once the games begin I've been known to lose control here and there, but I mean well. Have a great day and thank you for choosing to post here in Switzerland. I haven't said much, mostly because I'm trying to familiarize myself with all the new members and who goes with what team, so that by season, I'll be more knowledgeable. Best wishes!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:59 pm

UPYRS wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Good afternoon UPYRS! Just had to say hello and pat you on your back. You will make Veteran here before some of the Swiss Family members who have been here for years, in such a short time, and it isn't even season. I can't wait till Draft Day (there will be free kegs and pizza throughout the draft) when I'm expecting you to be very vocal. I'm wishing you and your team well and I hope you get the players you want.

I'm very benevolent until season arrives. Once the games begin I've been known to lose control here and there, but I mean well. Have a great day and thank you for choosing to post here in Switzerland. I haven't said much, mostly because I'm trying to familiarize myself with all the new members and who goes with what team, so that by season, I'll be more knowledgeable. Best wishes!

Thanks CK,
RE: I'm very benevolent until season arrives. Once the games begin I've been known to lose control here and there, but I mean well
Couldn't have said it better myself...Once the season starts. gloves come off, LOL

AMEN!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:09 pm

What do you mean "consider the source"???

It was a welcome aboard message. And a few of you have crossed the line. I'll try to not post here.

Sheesh!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 pm

UPYRS wrote:Dorial Green-Beckham visiting the Kansas City Chiefs today....Hope it's to pick up trash in the parking lot, don't want this potential cancer on the team

He sounds worse then the guy you just got rid of
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:28 pm

sorry...evening UPs
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:26 pm

A bunch of folks are going to gather in the Switzerland forum page tonight for the draft. We figure we will all post in our own team room when its close to each teams draft pick, but for the rest of the time, we wanted to have a central location. Pass the word.
kicks
All Pro

Postby WhiteBuffaloChief » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Good evening from the Old Indian, and Roy Twofethers

Great day to watch a draft. I noticed that Cameron Erving was wearing a red jacket, maybe our next center.

White Buffalo Chief ...... GO CHIEFS !!!
WhiteBuffaloChief
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Evening Ups...good luck tonight
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 pm

O.K. fellas here we go.

All the best.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:21 pm

I'm hoping that your Chiefs do a better job then those Raiders as a need you should go center IMO good luck
Hoppy
MVP

Postby WhiteBuffaloChief » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:49 pm

UPYRS wrote:Parker History....

Roy says we will take Cam Erving, or Max Williams.
WhiteBuffaloChief
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:03 pm

didn't take long Too bad they have to pay the bills
Hoppy
MVP

Postby SouthStands » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:10 pm

My goodness fellas...I'm sorry....
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby YiRox » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:21 pm

He was on with Kirwan and Miller on Moving The Chains. That was after they had Sarkisian on to talk about the draft. He conducted the interview well and they were both high on the kid. I thought he did well with the past questions. Not the help you guys may have wanted but he's a player
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Morse is a solid pick...I don't know that he's an All-Pro caliber guy, but he's going to be a solid fixture in the middle for a while.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 pm

VAChiefsFan wrote:Nice to hear the Bears fans booo Gary Green...

NO WAY!!!!! Mitch Morse should be there in the 3rd... Take the play-maker - Strong... This was STUPID...

He likely would have been there in the 3rd...that's a true statement VA. He was a 2nd/3rd round guy on most boards.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:22 pm

UPYRS wrote:EVALUATION: Tested very well at the combine and showed very good fluidity and movement skills in combine drills. Opened some eyes here. Former center who flourished when moved to tackle at Mizzou but doesn’t have the length to play tackle in the NFL. Has solid feet in pass protection. Is lean and can use more bulk to help his run blocking. Plays to the whistle and has look a starter in a zone-running scheme.

Guess you hate the picks?
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Fri May 01, 2015 8:55 pm

I know some of you aren't happy with your draft so far. Hoping it works out. There is still time and lots of picks left. Good luck guys. Have a great weekend.

Thank you all for being here. Glad to have a place that you can continue to post as a family. That's what we are if you think about it.
kicks
All Pro

Postby WhiteBuffaloChief » Sat May 02, 2015 8:52 am

UPYRS wrote:
sportsdog wrote:Steve Nelson, good value pick at CB at the bottom of the 3rd, just dont understand if the Chiefs do or dont pick DBs under 6 feet. I am sure however that it is one or the other. Good night all.

Yep, thought the same thing when I saw his size, but evidentially he doesn't let it hamper his play....I remember the Chiefs a lot of years back had a starting CB, can't remember his name but his nick name was Minnie Mouse

Good morning CHIEFS nation GREAT year to be a CHIEFS fan !!!
Hey UPS ..... Roy says, Minnie Mouse = Mighty Mouse = Mark McMillian. The 5-7 cornerback played for the CHIEFS in 1997-1998. In 1998 he led the NFL in interception yards with 274.
WhiteBuffaloChief
Rookie

Postby chieffletch » Sat May 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I love what we have done so far. Great job Dorsey. Wilson is a depth pick, fresh body rotation pick. Decent player that can be coached up to start I believe. GO CHIEFS
chieffletch
Rookie

Postby chieffletch » Sat May 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Busy busy busy
chieffletch
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat May 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Looks like KC is picking up some great players... Happiness is! Just a drive by to give you some congrats!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Kansas City Chiefs
Charles Taamu DT Texas A&M-Commerce
Devante Bausby CB Pittsburgh State
Donatella Luckett WR Harding
David Irving DL Iowa State
Kenny Cook WR Gardner-Webb
Dan Light TE Fordham
Justin Cox DB Mississippi State
Wesley Tong TE Utah
Bo Wallace QB Ole Miss
Travis Manning CB NW Missouri State
Sage Harold DL James Madison
Will Tye WR Stony Brook (Tryout)

your undrafted FA
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:57 pm

UPYRS wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Kansas City Chiefs
Charles Taamu DT Texas A&M-Commerce
Devante Bausby CB Pittsburgh State
Donatella Luckett WR Harding
David Irving DL Iowa State
Kenny Cook WR Gardner-Webb
Dan Light TE Fordham
Justin Cox DB Mississippi State
Wesley Tong TE Utah
Bo Wallace QB Ole Miss
Travis Manning CB NW Missouri State
Sage Harold DL James Madison
Will Tye WR Stony Brook (Tryout)

your undrafted FA

anytime Ups

Thanks For The Coffee And Pie I Like Pie
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:36 pm

UPYRS wrote:The Kansas City Chiefs have invited former Florida State / Stony Brook TE Will Tye to their mini-camp...Need to go back and find the draft info on this guy, IIRC he was something special at SB

Good Day UPS...we have a creek here named that....nice trout in it too
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:01 pm

UPYRS wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
UPYRS wrote:The Kansas City Chiefs have invited former Florida State / Stony Brook TE Will Tye to their mini-camp...Need to go back and find the draft info on this guy, IIRC he was something special at SB

Good Day UPS...we have a creek here named that....nice trout in it too

Man I love trout and trout fishing....

After we are done fishing we go to the Stony Brook Inn...for some drinks and food...good times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby YiRox » Thu May 07, 2015 1:26 pm

sportsdog wrote:
sportsdog wrote:The Fanaika number is 600,000K if we cut him before the season starts, which we wont,

Stand corrected, the number is not $600,000 for a post June 1st cut, there is $1.75 million of gurananteed money, checked the article that stated that and cant find anything besides the original article that would verifty the $600,000 guarantee that the author stated. Bottom line is that he is being paid in the top 1-3 of RGs and has ratings in the bottom half dozen, but he is mature and you know the rest.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs For the cap implications pre/post 6/1

Positional spending http://overthecap.com/position/right-guard/2015/ little bit away from 3rd highest
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Thu May 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Too bad we can't clone Ed Reid...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Hoppy » Fri May 08, 2015 7:08 pm

state of the afc west post -draft
http://t.co/Q0Wqa9Q700
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)