AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Postby Hoppy » Fri May 08, 2015 7:39 pm

UPYRS wrote:
Hoppy wrote:state of the afc west post -draft
http://t.co/Q0Wqa9Q700

Good Read,,,Thanks Hoppy

:up:
Hoppy
MVP

Re: Deflategate

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Shindig24 wrote:In my humble opinion, Tom Brady is getting the shaft here for a minor deal. If ball inflation is all that matters, teams would have been doing it for years and years. 4 games is just to give something to appeal down to a reasonable suspension, say the 1st five minutes of an exhibition game.

-- I humbly disagree. What is constituted as a "minor" infraction? I cannot think of anything more ridiculous than unfair advantage!
Weren't you taught Hard work (Practice, preparation, sweat) were what was required to win? I was. If you deflate the football so it gives you a BETTER grip doesn't that offer the other player some element at the same level? Remember Stickum? Fred Belitnikoff used it all the time. I remember him once catching a pass that hit his socks.

AND what kind of message is this sending to kids? Oh, its nothing. Yeah, thats right go ahead and CHEAT!
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Re: Deflategate

Postby R8der113 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
Shindig24 wrote:In my humble opinion, Tom Brady is getting the shaft here for a minor deal. If ball inflation is all that matters, teams would have been doing it for years and years. 4 games is just to give something to appeal down to a reasonable suspension, say the 1st five minutes of an exhibition game.

-- I humbly disagree. What is constituted as a "minor" infraction? I cannot think of anything more ridiculous than unfair advantage!
Weren't you taught Hard work (Practice, preparation, sweat) were what was required to win? I was. If you deflate the football so it gives you a BETTER grip doesn't that offer the other player some element at the same level? Remember Stickum? Fred Belitnikoff used it all the time. I remember him once catching a pass that hit his socks.

AND what kind of message is this sending to kids? Oh, its nothing. Yeah, thats right go ahead and CHEAT!

I agree JarHead...and what does it look like to the kids...role model...NOT
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 pm

UPYRS wrote:Broncos hope Shane Ray can practice this week....Always what you want out of your first round pick...LOL

Always good seeing you.

Great Sunday to all you fine human beings.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Tue May 19, 2015 6:14 pm

UPYRS wrote:More Coffee And Pie...... Mitch Morse would have been hard-pressed to find a better opportunity.

Start with the fact that the rookie offensive lineman was drafted by the Chiefs, just down the road from where he played in college at Missouri. Throw in the fact that he was picked well before most experts anticipated -- and what that meant for his first contract.

Then consider this: The Chiefs watched their starting center sign with the Oakland Raiders in free agency, leaving a gaping void in the middle of their offensive line.

Suddenly, the second-round draft pick could be counted on by a playoff contender.

It looks like we both are keeping the flame lit. lol

Hope that works out for you with this Morse kid.

All the best until our game begins, then all the 2nd best. hahaha

Later,

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Fri May 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Happy Memorial Day to all human beings.

We can never forget the cost of freedom and those who have and continue to pay the price for all Americans.

God bless.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Fri May 22, 2015 7:00 pm

A great Memorial Day weekend to all,

We must never forget the cost of America's freedom and those who have and continue to pay the price.

God bless America and our great warriors.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sun May 24, 2015 4:59 pm

A great and beautiful Sunday to all you fine human beings.

Ah yes, as I tell anyone that brings up the topic, best president? Ronald Reagan by a good 100 miles.

Keep the faith brothers.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand.

Mucho
Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:42 am

UPYRS wrote:
VAChiefsFan wrote:Loved the picture of the USS Ronald Reagan at Pearl Harbor - had tickets to the commissioning, but recall it was a rainy day - and missed it...

The photo of the coffins being un-loaded from the aircraft always gets me -- It brings back the true cost and sacrifice of our military...

Still trying to figure out how to post a picture...

Directly down from the post body you will see Upload Attachment, click on, brings up Filename, click on Browse, then go to the file you have pictures stored in, open file, click on picture, then bottom to open . this will insert inro File Comment, then click Add The File, then hit submit

SEMPER FI MARINE
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 am

rdrJoe wrote:A great and beautiful Sunday to all you fine human beings.

Ah yes, as I tell anyone that brings up the topic, best president? Ronald Reagan by a good 100 miles.

Keep the faith brothers.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand.

Mucho
Peace !

Oh the Blood that gives me strength from day to day IT WILL NEVER LOSE ITS POWER
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Sorry to interrupt, but i just wanted to tell you what a pleasure it is to read your page. (Taking nothing away from the entire group from all the teams here in 2015 Switzerland, because it seems all the teams are represented by devoted and devout fans.) Don't want to get myself into hot water over being misunderstood, but I just love to read your posts. It's not just your devotion to the Chiefs, but your analyses and discussions are so well thought out and written that I even I (who is not so well-versed in in Chiefs' football) can readily understand what's going on. Thanks so much for choosing to blog here at Switzerland!!! :up:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby rdrJoe » Thu May 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Good afternoon KC brethren.

Wow! that is shocking about the Broncs LT. Clady was really good a few years ago, has been injured before but this looks tough. Always seem to show up with the key guys in preseason or even this soon.

Well the rest of us don't like injuries either, but in our case so far only a finger worry. I hope that gets squared away STAT.

Take care y'all.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:17 am

sportsdog wrote:Good Morning Chiefs Nation, Great Day to be a Chiefs Fan.

Thanks for the info Dog.....sorry I didn't get back too you, been having some computer issues here.
Hope your having a good summer.
And that goes for the rest of the Chief fans.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:38 am

Just stopped by to say howdy! Hope everyone is well.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Hope you KC fans are having a good summer...take care
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:10 pm

VAChiefsFan wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Hope you KC fans are having a good summer...take care

Hey R8der -- How have you guys been...?!!

OK VA....and You?
R8der113
Veteran

Postby loutex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:28 am

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:40 am

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby rdrJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Good afternoon KC fanatics.

Hope all youse guys are doing great. Hang tough men it will get better. When IDFK!!!!!! maybe when they take those butt ugly grossly insulting colors of the nations capital. ahem

Take care y'all.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Have a Happy 4th guys...hope all are well!!
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:32 am

VAChiefsFan wrote:I'm kind if bummed-out - and have some bad news...

Over the years, I have been in touch with Sean Keeler -- I like his articles and writing, and always felt that whereas we have had our "pork-chops" for idiot writers, Sean did not fall into that category... He generally wrote good insightful articles - and had a clever and sarcastic style to his writing... I received the following note from him:

George:

Thanks for your note, and your notes over the years. I regret to say that, as of the end of this week, I am no longer contracted with FOX Sports. Not sure what the future holds, but I appreciate your interest in my Chiefs posts.

Take care, and thanks!

— SK
e VA
atleast you didn't marry a dude......have a happy 4th

I guess it is like everything else in the country - going to crap...
R8der113
Veteran

Postby YiRox » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:05 am

You guys could be called thieves for this one

http://overthecap.com/best-worst-2015-t ... more-10115
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby YiRox » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:07 am

Sure. I like to see quality people excel in life. Would have hated to see Sanders banished to the WR Siberia
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby YiRox » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

sportsdog wrote:Sure I wish all quality people excell in life, however mentioning Sanders and quality people in the same breath is another oxymoron George Carlin would have been proud of.

You caught me flat-footed with the shot, that's the best I could do on short notice
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby R8der113 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks VA...I like to have a few beers with you some day....Your an awesome dude too. You get another dog yet?
R8der113
Veteran

Postby YiRox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am

UPYRS wrote:If I was the Skins owners, I would be dropping the Washington name, that's the most embarrassing part..

And there you have it, quote of the year
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:26 am

UPYRS wrote:
UPYRS wrote:Anyone that heads to Lawrence needs of coarse to hit Mass Street, Free State Brewery for the Brew and Food, and got to hit Henry T's off of 6th Street, voted best Wings in Lawrence, hands down the best wings I've ever had,

The wifey couldn't put a dent in her order, took two hands just to bring it to her

This page is getting entirely too fattening for me, lol. I'll be so glad when season finally begins so we can stop eating and start raising some hell over our teams... I'm sure someone (or two) have the exact numbers, but it must be just around a month before the first preseason game. I am soooooo ready!!!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 am

UPYRS wrote:Kansas City Chiefs fan base ranked 27th in the NFL......Not sure how they came up with those results, we are a small market team that consistently puts the cheeks in the seats,

Don't feel bad..they have us below Jacksonville...LOL...it was made up by some Nerds, who never watch sports...You have the loudest fans, we have the most passionate fans.....that wasn't in the algorithm. Thanks for the kind words on the Snake too.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:54 am

UPYRS wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
UPYRS wrote:Kansas City Chiefs fan base ranked 27th in the NFL......Not sure how they came up with those results, we are a small market team that consistently puts the cheeks in the seats,

Don't feel bad..they have us below Jacksonville...LOL...it was made up by some Nerds, who never watch sports...You have the loudest fans, we have the most passionate fans.....that wasn't in the algorithm. Thanks for the kind words on the Snake too.

113 How the helz r u. getting ready for camp,

Heck yeah...seems like this has been one long off season. Bet Your ready for some real football news too!!
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Great job Chiefs
http://t.co/7tL0r0Bypn
good luck this season
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)