AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Kansas City Chiefs

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:01 am

UPYRS wrote:
Semper Fi

:up: :up:
Amen.
What a great post for 9/11 we will never forget.
Semper Fi
Hooah
Hoorah

Always faithful.
May God give wisdom to those in leadership for our great and mighty country. Especially today.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:04 am

In case I don't get time tomorrow, hope you all have a great weekend. All the best, always.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby 35Nightmare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:59 am

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not happy with this win. Abysmal QB play by the other team is what allowed the Chiefs to win. O-line did ok for a bunch of new guys. Hopefully they can build off of this and gel as a unit. I cant remember the last time they had such inexperienced cornerback play. (maybe flowers and Carr's first years) But they did ok in the first half. Growing pains are to be expected.

There were things about this game that just don't sell me yet on this team. They were gifted great field position for the first TD. Horribly blown coverage lead to the second TD. Yes, you have to be opportunistic in this league and that's what they did. Good job. But I'd like to see a few more long marches down the field and seeing apposing Ds with their hands on their hips trying in vain to stop a solid scoring drive.

Toward the end of the game who here didn't have an Indy flash back and thought Uh oh?
"I was surrounded by pimps, rapists, and murderers. It was like being in the stands of a Raiders game."
Frank Drebbin
Naked Gun 33 1/3
35Nightmare
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 am

Just to say I hope for a Broncos win but I wish a good game with no injuries. Hope It's a good defensive game with the Broncos winning on a FG with no time remaining . Good luck men enjoy the Game
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Good luck guys on Thursday. Hop said it best, here is to a good game with no injuries.

VA - I sent you a PM under the message board above in the upper left. And PM doesn't stand for Peyton Manning. Ha Ha.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Bigmac1979 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:10 am

Hello fellow Fox exiles...just dropping by for some friendly trash-talking heading up to the big rivalry game!

I know you've all been busy planning Manning's retirement party, so I thought you might have missed the big memo...Word from the head office says that Denver has been promoted to "League's Top Defense"...good luck tomorrow!
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Bigmac1979 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:31 am

VAChiefsFan wrote:
sportsdog wrote:The forcast for tonight is:

PAIN, LOTS OF PAIN and its time for us to BRING IT.

BRING THE PAIN

Nothing else to add other than to repeat the words of wisdom of da' Dawg...

Nothing else to add on strategy -- Everything now will be said on the field...

Tonight is the REAL season opener
Miller...Ware...Marshall...Trevathan
Ya'll are going to be hearing these names called tonight...A LOT...beware the Four Horsemen of the Bronc-pocalypse!
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Bigmac1979 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:53 pm

sportsdog wrote:Is that the best you got Mini Mac? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. Weaker than your noodle armed QB.

What is the streak up to now? 17 straight games without a receiving TD by a WR?
Care to know where Alice ranked in 2014 among QBs in passes of 20+ yards through the air? Why, 37th, of course! Yep, Mettenberger, and Whitehurst (two Tenn. BACKUP QBs) both completed more deep balls than Smith's 8...our "noodle armed QB" completed 31 of em...hell, he had more deep passing TDs (9) than Alice had completions.
At least Manning, age 39, has an excuse for his lack of velocity.
Glass houses, mon frere...glass houses!
Last edited by Bigmac1979 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Bigmac1979 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm

by the way, thanks for the banter, 'Dog...it's all in good fun
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Bigmac1979 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:05 pm

sportsdog wrote:
Bigmac1979 wrote:by the way, thanks for the banter, 'Dog...it's all in good fun

Of course its all in good fun, after all, post game after we whip ur collective azzes you can go back to the important stuff, like figuring out who will be winning the Donks fantasssyy league, it will no doubt be the one who selected the Chiefs D, Charles and Kelce, then onto why Idaho quit the league 2 straight years and for dessert find a few math errors that may be or may not be. Nothing like a bunch that has their priorities in order. LMAO

Oops, sorry, I thought we were talking about the GAME. Not sure how these fan insults are going to help Alice complete a 20+ yard pass...particularly against the Bronco secondary and pass-rush
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Bigmac1979 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:54 pm

sportsdog wrote:Fan insults? Just calling em as I see em. Dont put your D into the HOF yet, they had 1 good game. I'll take some Poe, Bailey, Howard, Devito, Hail. Houston, DJ anytime over ANY D in the NFL, yet alone the Donks.

Correction...they had one GREAT game, and look to be improved under new HOF defensive coordinator, Wade Phillips, after already finishing with the third-ranked D last year.
No doubt the Chiefs have a pretty good D of their own, but they were ranked 7th last year. The return of DJ obviously helps, but Poe and Berry are still hurting and played only limited snaps (with minimal impact) just 4 days ago. Advantage: Denver
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello guys.

Good luck tonight. Maybe it be a clean game with no injuries and as UPYRS said...no ref interference.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:20 pm

UPYRS wrote:You Don't Say.........
The Kansas City Chiefs will host the Denver Broncos on Thursday night after Peyton Manning and company struggled offensively in Week 1.

Manning was just 24-40 for 175 yards and an interception in Week 1 against Baltimore and now faces another tough defense in Kansas City. Manning also took four sacks in Week 1, which could bode well for the Chiefs D/ST that recorded five sacks of their own on Sunday at Houston. The short week of preparation also favors Kansas City, who is a top-five fantasy defense in Week 2

Good Luck UP...Just wanted to point out, Denver is #1 in REAL Defense after last week. And not one starter on that in active list
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:30 pm

UPYRS wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
UPYRS wrote:You Don't Say.........
The Kansas City Chiefs will host the Denver Broncos on Thursday night after Peyton Manning and company struggled offensively in Week 1.

Manning was just 24-40 for 175 yards and an interception in Week 1 against Baltimore and now faces another tough defense in Kansas City. Manning also took four sacks in Week 1, which could bode well for the Chiefs D/ST that recorded five sacks of their own on Sunday at Houston. The short week of preparation also favors Kansas City, who is a top-five fantasy defense in Week 2

Good Luck UP...Just wanted to point out, Denver is #1 in REAL Defense after last week. And not one starter on that in active list

Ya that looks great on paper BUT it was against the Ravens, their OLine isn't going to be receiving many, if any, accolades this season. Once you list Flocked Over and Smith you're hard pressed to name anyone else on that team, at least I am. I don't expect many wins for that team this year, I'll even say the Raiders get their first win against them this weekend....Just Sayin
Can say the same thing about Houston...You aint playin' Hoyer and Mallet this week. We only gave 170 yds to our shitty opponent and that's what you're supposed to do...Anyways. Good luck, no injuries, and yes to no refs
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:06 pm

UPYRS wrote:they scored all they're going to
And then? :lol:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Shindig24 wrote:Well, guess you could say we gave it away at the end of both halves of the game... way to go Reid!!

More like taken away...Like candy from little girls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 am

I am hoping this is out of your system Gentlemen. Let's not get personal. Trash the teams but this is not cool. I posted on my page as well about this.

Good luck with your season guys. You are much improved.
kicks
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 am

Tough loss fellas...I don't like your team at all, but I have had good conversation with many of you over the years.

I know there's going to be talk on all the sport's shows in KC today about Reid not taking a knee. As someone who loves this game, Reid played it the right way. 40 seconds (or so) remaining, you expect Denver to be back in a prevent mode and you have Jamaal Charles (best RB in the game). Get him the ball on a draw/screen and see if he can churn out 20 yards or something and give you a chance to take a couple shots down field. It (obviously) didn't work out how you wanted, but I do think the coaching was sound.

The Chiefs' defense is legit and I do think the offense is improved. It was good to see Eric Berry on the field as well...good for that young man and all he's endured. Have a good season and we'll see you again week ten.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby kicks » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:33 am

VAChiefsFan wrote:
kicks wrote:I am hoping this is out of your system Gentlemen. Let's not get personal. Trash the teams but this is not cool. I posted on my page as well about this.

Good luck with your season guys. You are much improved.

ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT, Kicks -- Whereas it was kind of you to invite everyone to this site, If you wish to send such a message - send it to your own people... Simply review the comments below - and the conduct of your own fans... Are you proud of them? I would like an answer as to your comments of members on your page... We stayed to this page - at least I did - and from what I observed, it was your friends who came over and initiated the trash talking...

I sent you a PM last night on this subject - and noted your PM to me with regard to that trite "situation" as I did not even know existed as regards Springs. I did not even know that I had hurt Springs feelings - but do not wish to hurt anyone's feelings, so I reached out to him - as you know... So I would expect you to do the same - and reach out to Icky and have him rectify the situation per his insulting comments.

That's the facts as I see them... I do not have time to see if anyone visited your page -- I certainly did not have the time to do so...

I agree. Icky carried it too far. I have talked to him about it. Please note that it was someone from your page that came over to the Borncos to stir things up. I read back. All the way to yesterday morning on all the pages.

His behavior was not cool. I just posted here so that it will stop before the mods step in. I can only suggest as I did with you that an apology should be in order. I can't make him. I'm hoping he does.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:42 am

With that said, I will be having the best weekend of my life and I don't want it to start off bad. Lol
kicks
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 am

As you pointed out keep the tape handy to learn from the two minute executions. It's been close to three years since the Ravens tied the game on a total D blunder. The next series Fox chose to take a knee with time on the clock and a FG would win it. I still bitch about the lack of a pair for not trying something.

Be thankful you HC did try and get something. Call may not have been the best one but I'll give Reid props for not settling, especially at home.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby YiRox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:56 pm

sportsdog wrote:
YiRox wrote:As you pointed out keep the tape handy to learn from the two minute executions. It's been close to three years since the Ravens tied the game on a total D blunder. The next series Fox chose to take a knee with time on the clock and a FG would win it. I still bitch about the lack of a pair for not trying something.

Be thankful you HC did try and get something. Call may not have been the best one but I'll give Reid props for not settling, especially at home.

This point has some validity for the second half, unfortunately dink and dunk at the end of the first half with the ball deep in ones territory and your team receiving the 2nd half kickoff does not.

Absolutely point on for the first half, I was pointing to the end of the fourth where "conventional wisdom" says to play for the tie at home. Charles had already busted the 34 yard TD and those will always be there with the over pursuing D. He rolled the dice that would happen again. That's why I thought it was the right call at that time. The QB had zero confidence so put it in your best players hand and see what happens. I like to point at his short comings but AR should have earned more respect for the attack attitude. Doesn't make a shits difference, but I found some respect for the pair he carried after that
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby kicks » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:25 pm

ChiefGuy76 wrote:I appreciate some of the comments from the classy Denver fans......other than those select few, worthless.

Kicks.....I hope your not referring to my comments a few days back on your page. This was instigated by that numb nuts ICKY from day one. Not sure what other comments were said, I can only answer for my own. Im not going give it anymore of my energy. If that gutless chump would have been standing in front of me, he would have needed oxygen and a catheter. I got no stomach for trash like that.

What started out as a disagreement, then some pictures back and forth (trash talking), turned into flat out childish bullcrap. I aint apologizing for Sh*T, and if the homer Denver Mods want to kick me off the site.........peace.......I'll go back to another forum.

Thats really all I have to say about this BS

None of this was directed at you. And there are no Denver Mods. Nothing here has ever been deleted nor has anyone ever been deleted. The mods don't post here. They are neutral. It's not a good idea to have a regular poster be a mod. I have no idea what teams if any Peace and Justice like as they have never posted anything but hello and maybe a warning. I do chat with them. Yes. I am trying to stave off any possible deletions and let everyone work it out. It's over as far as I am concerned.

Last night was high emotion. Have a good one. I'm about ready to leave work for a long 3 day super weekend. Good luck next week.
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Wow, great game guys. I didn't give KC much credit going into this game but you guys showed up and almost got us. Our offense sure as hell didn't play good enough to beat you guys and your defense was vicious. Our o-line is probably still trying to catch up. This division battle is far from over this year. Also, really glad to see Eric Berry back on the field. Really sucks what he had to go through, he's an awesome talent. Anyways, glad this one is over and that there didn't seem to be any major injuries, not sure though, I could only listen on the radio the whole time. See you again in week 10.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:48 am

Hey Shindig and CG? It's all good my friends. No worries.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:07 am

Congrats Royal Fans Good luck Hope it a Missouri Worlds Series Be a good time for pay back. Go Royals ...... Go Cardinals
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:40 pm

where did all the Chief fans go?
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:33 am

Best to all the Chief fans--hope it's a good week for you. I believe there were timeouts issued by Peace to some who had gotten nasty-outside-normal-limits. We tolerate all good natured feuding, but when it gets serious and downright nasty, Peace comes out from wherever he is and either gives warnings or in extreme occasions, time-outs. We aren't trying to regulate what you have to say, just don't think it's necessary to get personal and mean.

Just think, it could be worse--you could be Dolphin fans and face the ugliness we face week after week on game day... :roll:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Good afternoon KC brethren!

I think there may be only CRTH still in here, but hope the others someday soon will visit. As for me? I got no good idea wth is going on and am a big fan of too many of both Chief and Broncs die hard fanatics to count to add anything if I had anything. Which I don't. lol I think the Stooges would be proud of that statement. nyuknyukhyuk

Hang tough as always. Hooyah and Semper Fi!

Take care.
Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Keeping The Peace » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 pm

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

For the record, so there won't be any other assumptions;
The people in question were not originally banned from this forum. They were "temporarily" given a timeout for disruption, the period was for 1 week so that hopefully calmer heads would prevail after.
They were posting a URL to a different location that they said they were migrating to.
This isn't an advertising forum or a recruiting center, the posts to such were deleted.
We still were going to let them return and post here should they so choose, while following the rules and guidelines as everyone is expected to do.
Then there were threats of "Taking this place down and destroying it," to which we were not going to let happen.
Obviously there was an agenda that they were going to try and do once they returned.

Those are the circumstances and facts that led to them not posting here any longer.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)