AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Broncos & Vikings have a shot at TJ Lang Yes a replacement for schofield.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/3/1/ ... -for-guard
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:12 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Rapoport saying Romo to Denver. I guess we'll have to get behind it Ian is hardly ever wrong with his inside tips
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/28 ... -tony-romo

That's what worries me. Honestly it wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't think we would be paying a high price for a QB that won't make it to the end of the year. I just don't have confidence that he can make it 16 games, much less to the Super Bowl which would be the whole purpose in signing him. Maybe you get a whole season out of him if he plays the first half of each game and Siemian or Lynch come in for relief in the second? :lol:

Lol. :D
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos & Vikings have a shot at TJ Lang Yes a replacement for schofield.

That would be nice...
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Broncos & Vikings have a shot at TJ Lang Yes a replacement for schofield.

That would be nice...

Any help on the line would be nice. I would like to see at least 2 decent FA's signed for the o-line and 1 for the d-line. Hopefully we have the money for that. Barring signing Romo I think we should. Then in the draft we should take the best o and d-linemen we can. Build a future. I really don't want to waste money on a qb that isn't likely to play the whole season or very many seasons.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Broncos top priority is Guard not Tackle in Free Agency - Jon Heath -
https://t.co/rDqlhVUijj
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Ware looking to return to Dallas to end his career. I would let him go if he wants too much to play. This also could be a ploy to get more money from the Broncos. but I still think too much money for a guy who plays half the season is out of the question when you have young talent that plays his position. Thanks for your service sir. Good luck in your next endeavor.
https://t.co/tpXbz0GeLq
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Broncos to talk with C. McCaffrey today. I don't think he goes anywhere but New England he fits them and time to regroup with younger people there. Bellacheat changes up every 2 or 3 years.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-t ... e-51544310
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos to talk with C. McCaffrey today. I don't think he goes anywhere but New England he fits them and time to regroup with younger people there. Bellacheat changes up every 2 or 3 years.

I like him but he's not worth it to me for a 1st or 2nd round pick when we have other greater needs. I hate that he's probably going to the pats but oh well.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:08 pm

well it just got worse for our team. or it could explain some things. could be injury was why Siemian was so bad.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Si ... t-51536299
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:08 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

That would be nice...

Any help on the line would be nice. I would like to see at least 2 decent FA's signed for the o-line and 1 for the d-line. Hopefully we have the money for that. Barring signing Romo I think we should. Then in the draft we should take the best o and d-linemen we can. Build a future. I really don't want to waste money on a qb that isn't likely to play the whole season or very many seasons.

We need a top tight end as well.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Broncos to talk with C. McCaffrey today. I don't think he goes anywhere but New England he fits them and time to regroup with younger people there. Bellacheat changes up every 2 or 3 years.

I like him but he's not worth it to me for a 1st or 2nd round pick when we have other greater needs. I hate that he's probably going to the pats but oh well.

I seriously doubt we take McCaffery...especially that high. He reminds me of a Reggie Bush type of back in the NFL.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:23 pm

This whole Romo thing is curious, while we know JFE isn't going let anyone know what he is really thinking, it is weird that a couple weeks ago the talk was "No Way", now its maybe we'll talk IF he is released. I for one think that like Hop & Springs were saying, I can get on the bandwagon but I think we need some M1 A2 Abrams Tanks to block for whomever is working the QB spot.
with that article about Trevor's shoulder I can see why the Romo heat is increasing.
I think Lynch still isn't ready and he could benefit from someone that knows QB mechanics ie footwork and reading defenses (Romo & Coach Musgrave)
BUT... I'd rather sink real money in getting a quality offensive line stud that wants to be on a SB caliber team
then maybe see if one of those FA TE is available.
If that Schofield deal is true send him OTD (out the door) and he can take Sambrailo with him, with Mr. Turnstile Don Stephenson
I saw something the other day said they'd like Okung back if he would take a pay cut, I'd say sayonara to him too.

we have seen what happens to the $$ chasers. Good luck & Good riddance.

The Late Great Ray Charles said it best "Hit the road Jack"
now that song is stuck in your head huh?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Interesting possibility here. If we get Romo the Bills may be interested in trading for Siemian. Still doesn't make me want Denver to go after Romo, and just because we get him doesn't mean I would want to abandon Siemian who I know can start WHEN Romo goes down.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_23370229
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Interesting possibility here. If we get Romo the Bills may be interested in trading for Siemian. Still doesn't make me want Denver to go after Romo, and just because we get him doesn't mean I would want to abandon Siemian who I know can start WHEN Romo goes down.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_23370229

You know why the Bills want Siemian? Their new OC is Rick Dennison. Yes the same guy who called the plays for us last season and was our OC. He wouldn't have to teach a new offense to a new QB if he had Siemian. I'd take Tyrod over Siemian any day for that offense. He would make it work better being a running QB. If they cut Taylor before March 11th to save 15 million He's another one that I'd like more than what we have NOW. I think Lynch may be better in a few years but we need to see more of him to judge.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Looking at the ol do the 40 at the combine and This may just be me but some of them look like fat middle aged men
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Hoppy wrote:Looking at the ol do the 40 at the combine and This may just be me but some of them look like fat middle aged men

That's why they call them the big uglies :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Hoppy wrote:You know why the Bills want Siemian? Their new OC is Rick Dennison. Yes the same guy who called the plays for us last season and was our OC. He wouldn't have to teach a new offense to a new QB if he had Siemian. I'd take Tyrod over Siemian any day for that offense. He would make it work better being a running QB. If they cut Taylor before March 11th to save 15 million He's another one that I'd like more than what we have NOW. I think Lynch may be better in a few years but we need to see more of him to judge.

I didn't know that was where Dennison wound up, makes even more sense now. I liked Taylor. Didn't get to see much of him but the Bills and Browns tend to end the careers of QBs prematurely. Taylor may just be the latest example. Overall I think QBs that are super mobile and run (ala Tebow, Taylor, RGIII) just don't last long. The defense is too fast and hits too hard at this level compared to college. Even Big Ben with his size takes a beating and doesn't run near as much as he used to. Sure he used to dish it out more too but it's catching up. Newton also learned this in the Super Bowl and again in week 1. Denver just cleaned his clock and he couldn't stabilize.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:56 pm

I would say the most highly coveted QBs in today's NFL would be pocket passers who can be mobile to extend plays, but use it more as a last resort to avoid hits. They have to know when that extra 1-2 yards is worth it or not. Nobody with sense wants a QB that is going to put up major numbers on the ground. They just wont last long. I think Lynch can be that player and what Elway hoped for. That is also what I believe Elway had in mind for Oz.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Hoppy wrote:Looking at the ol do the 40 at the combine and This may just be me but some of them look like fat middle aged men

Fournette is bombing in the combine except maybe in the 40 and his time wasn't earth shattering there.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:59 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:You know why the Bills want Siemian? Their new OC is Rick Dennison. Yes the same guy who called the plays for us last season and was our OC. He wouldn't have to teach a new offense to a new QB if he had Siemian. I'd take Tyrod over Siemian any day for that offense. He would make it work better being a running QB. If they cut Taylor before March 11th to save 15 million He's another one that I'd like more than what we have NOW. I think Lynch may be better in a few years but we need to see more of him to judge.

I didn't know that was where Dennison wound up, makes even more sense now. I liked Taylor. Didn't get to see much of him but the Bills and Browns tend to end the careers of QBs prematurely. Taylor may just be the latest example. Overall I think QBs that are super mobile and run (ala Tebow, Taylor, RGIII) just don't last long. The defense is too fast and hits too hard at this level compared to college. Even Big Ben with his size takes a beating and doesn't run near as much as he used to. Sure he used to dish it out more too but it's catching up. Newton also learned this in the Super Bowl and again in week 1. Denver just cleaned his clock and he couldn't stabilize.

Two things Tebow is not a QB he was a great RB and would have been a real star if he had changed positions. Next That's what I see in Tyrod a pocket passer with the ability to scramble. I don't think that we will run the read offense here. That will make him a pocket passer which he is. Again I hate that all Black QB's a put in that read. Look at what Dak did as a Pocket passer in Dallas. Not sure he wins as many games if Dallas had changed their offense up and made him a runner. Don't judge all the QB's by the offenses that they are made to run. Tebow had more size and could take a hit and give a hit he just couldn't pass worth a darn. Sorry Tebow fans.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Two things Tebow is not a QB he was a great RB and would have been a real star if he had changed positions. Next That's what I see in Tyrod a pocket passer with the ability to scramble. I don't think that we will run the read offense here. That will make him a pocket passer which he is. Again I hate that all Black QB's a put in that read. Look at what Dak did as a Pocket passer in Dallas. Not sure he wins as many games if Dallas had changed their offense up and made him a runner. Don't judge all the QB's by the offenses that they are made to run. Tebow had more size and could take a hit and give a hit he just couldn't pass worth a darn. Sorry Tebow fans.

I'd be interested in Taylor at the right price. The question has always been if the Bills held him back from winning or if he is another QB that puts up good stats like Cutler or Rivers but chokes in the clutch. I would be hesitant to trade Seimian for him though. I'd rather pick him outright. Romo would only be an option if we fix the offensive line. And doing that in a year is unlikely.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:44 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top ... li=BBnba9I

Article on some combine takeaways....Forest Lamp is either an illusion or maybe the next good tackle...we'll see I guess. Fournette with his weight adjusted 40 looks to be a steamroller.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:41 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... ar-AAnLVD4

Interesting. For 10-12 million he might be worth a try.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Broncos plan for free agency 247 sports
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-r ... y-51601528
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:11 pm

the more I see TJ Watt the more I say pick him at 20 and put him in the middle. He's a man a big man that can run
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Hoppy wrote:the more I see TJ Watt the more I say pick him at 20 and put him in the middle. He's a man a big man that can run

Or trade up in the second with our extra draft picks and grab him at the top of the second round.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:11 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/loaded-tight-end-group-turns-in-eye-opening-workout-numbers-at-nfl-scouting-combine-000557810.html

Impressive tight ends.

great class for TE's makes me believe that we can get a good one with the third pick.
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)