AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:45 pm

They compare Robinson to Erik Flowers who's been iffy at best.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:43 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Players the Broncos should avoid in the first round

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/ ... void-at-20

I'm not so sure Mile high Huddle is right about all the guys. I think Cam Robinson is the real deal at LT and what he lacks in his technic I don't see it and all the talking heads don't say anything. With the man from the Utah Bolles. He is the one that will make a great guard He has the speed to lead backs into the holes and finish blocks in the next level. The Utes ran the ball well while pulling him and the left guard into the hole. Yes he has a problem with speed rushers so why play him at right tackle? If either one of these kids are there I would take them. Bolles could start at guard on the right side for us next season. easy and Robinson is better than any tackle we have on the roster NOW and unless there is a surprise LT release He's better than anyone in Free Agency IMO
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Howdy Gents.
Thought I better chime in so ya'll knew I was still kickin'
Draft a Tackle first, even move up to get the best one (whomever that would be).
Then a plug DT to go next to Vance Walker and then draft another one in the third (Damn well better bring Vance back).
Then get the nastiest huge guards there are left in the next couple of rounds.
We are deep as all get go, everywhere else!
So, Draft the best player available after that.
I don't think Gary gave the guys we got any chance at all to shine. I'm hoping McCoy will find a way.
I also think the best hire that Joseph has made, was Musgrave :!: :!: :!: I think he will work wonders with Paxton and Trevor.
That is all for now, see you all more around the draft. :up: :P :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:02 pm

B Marshell honored for taking knee by Harvard of all schools. funny he gets honors and Kaepernick gets talked about. This is good but Kaep even does more with his money and in the community
https://t.co/xMOop1Cfhi
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:04 pm

good to see you Icky PA
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 pm

one more name to think about DeSean Jackson if he's affordable
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Hoppy wrote:

I'm not so sure Mile high Huddle is right about all the guys. I think Cam Robinson is the real deal at LT and what he lacks in his technic I don't see it and all the talking heads don't say anything. With the man from the Utah Bolles. He is the one that will make a great guard He has the speed to lead backs into the holes and finish blocks in the next level. The Utes ran the ball well while pulling him and the left guard into the hole. Yes he has a problem with speed rushers so why play him at right tackle? If either one of these kids are there I would take them. Bolles could start at guard on the right side for us next season. easy and Robinson is better than any tackle we have on the roster NOW and unless there is a surprise LT release He's better than anyone in Free Agency IMO

I watched the Utes and Bolles is an animal. Hence their top end running game no matter who starts at RB. I didn't watch Robinson very much as I don't follow the SEC until the playoffs so don't know much about him.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I watched the Utes and Bolles is an animal. Hence their top end running game no matter who starts at RB. I didn't watch Robinson very much as I don't follow the SEC until the playoffs so don't know much about him.

Yes that's what I see he is a great run blocker but his pass blocking needs work He gets beat some times by the speed rush. but he has only played one season of good computation so he could get better with experience. I would play him at Guard. he would get help there not so much out on the outside where the team would have to keep a TE or a RB in to help him.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:36 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:36 am

What do you guys think of Cutler? I think he got a raw deal when he went to the bears. I think it was a pivotal time in his progression as a QB in the NFL and his growth was stunted by the move. I remember him being a decent QB when he played for us, just young. Maybe the staff we have now could get good production out of him. I guess it would just depend on the price and his health. Anyone else remember the great feud him and Rivers had? Those guys hated each other :lol: It would almost be worth having him back just for that :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:52 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:What do you guys think of Cutler? I think he got a raw deal when he went to the bears. I think it was a pivotal time in his progression as a QB in the NFL and his growth was stunted by the move. I remember him being a decent QB when he played for us, just young. Maybe the staff we have now could get good production out of him. I guess it would just depend on the price and his health. Anyone else remember the great feud him and Rivers had? Those guys hated each other :lol: It would almost be worth having him back just for that :lol:

The problem was Rivers usually won those games....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:What do you guys think of Cutler? I think he got a raw deal when he went to the bears. I think it was a pivotal time in his progression as a QB in the NFL and his growth was stunted by the move. I remember him being a decent QB when he played for us, just young. Maybe the staff we have now could get good production out of him. I guess it would just depend on the price and his health. Anyone else remember the great feud him and Rivers had? Those guys hated each other :lol: It would almost be worth having him back just for that :lol:

You are right :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Youse guys should go after Romo,,,,, would love to see Mack truck hitting him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Glad to see Hoppy is still around :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW...hello fellas
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Wassup my friend? And howdy to you.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

You are right :lol:

I remember him as the same guy who was with the bears. he threw INT's in the red zone he was a guy with a strong arm who thought he could put the ball in anywhere at any time. We never made the playoffs with him. No thanks I can't see him getting better that's who he is.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 pm

R8der113 wrote:Glad to see Hoppy is still around :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW...hello fellas

Not sure why but my publicist tells me that when my book hits the shelf I should get off social Media. He said I'm to opinionated. Can you believe that me opinionated. :lol: anyway I have to give up the talk but I'm a Bronco and he doesn't understand that. He has no team. :roll: A man without a team. He was assigned to me by the publisher.
Good to see you green man Hope the family is well.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:57 pm

R8der113 wrote:Youse guys should go after Romo,,,,, would love to see Mack truck hitting him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You may get a chance even if he stays in Dallas. Don't we(AFC West) play the NFC east this season. so If he stays with Dallas and their starter is down he would be up. But we all have issues with Romo not sure what everyone else doesn't like but My problem is when is the last time he lead a team to the NFC championship Game? I'll wait............
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:15 am

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Youse guys should go after Romo,,,,, would love to see Mack truck hitting him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You may get a chance even if he stays in Dallas. Don't we(AFC West) play the NFC east this season. so If he stays with Dallas and their starter is down he would be up. But we all have issues with Romo not sure what everyone else doesn't like but My problem is when is the last time he lead a team to the NFC championship Game? I'll wait............

** <crickets>

To quote Ben Stein

Bueller, Bueller?

Budnik, Budnik?

Antonio Ramiro "Tony" Romo - You come here right now and do your homework, see, these is a Defensive Lineman, May I introduce you to Mr. Miller & Mr. Mack
I strongly suggest you avoid "running into" either one of these two, as the rumor mill seems to indicate they have it "in for you" not quite sure what that means exactly.

While you're at it can you please persuade your cousin Jay to "hang-em-up?" toot-suite, the clock is NOT YOUR FRIEND
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 am

Hoppy wrote:He has no team. :roll: A man without a team. He was assigned to me by the publisher.

I don't know Hop, I don't think you can trust a man without a team. How do you know where he stands? :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:32 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:He has no team. :roll: A man without a team. He was assigned to me by the publisher.

I don't know Hop, I don't think you can trust a man without a team. How do you know where he stands? :lol:

good point
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Okung will not be part of the Broncos plans
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/23 ... ngs-option
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Hoppy wrote:Okung will not be part of the Broncos plans

That was expected. Glad to hear it come to reality though
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Does that move free up any cap money or was it not included in the $40ish mil available that was estimated?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Does that move free up any cap money or was it not included in the $40ish mil available that was estimated?

It frees up 10.9 million which brings us from 32 million in cap space to about 43 million.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 pm

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos

Here is the link to Over The Cap which is about as accurate in cap amounts as anyone out there.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos

Here is the link to Over The Cap which is about as accurate in cap amounts as anyone out there.

It's the same one that I use only I can play around with it and make cuts myself
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... _L9Ou0vpfg
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:13 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Okung will not be part of the Broncos plans

That was expected. Glad to hear it come to reality though

I am so glad that didn't take long.
Now they can tell Schofield and Stephenson to hit the skids.
Sambrialo too.
I'm sad there are no "Quality" offensive linemen coming out of college. We all know defense wins championships (unless you're the pats)<CHEAT>
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:53 pm

broncos TV on the tackle position
https://t.co/f5t56K3yJK
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 pm

DT Earl Mitchell was in to meet with Broncos
https://t.co/O0AYwW2enf
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)