AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:36 pm

we can take a step back and call on Clady the jets have set him free
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Je ... n-51312694
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:I don't really agree with this article saying that Demarcus Ware is our biggest FA. Is he good? Yes. Is he important to the team? Yes. Is he our best, most productive player we could lose to FA? NO. I would put him at best number 3 on the list behind Vance Walker and Kayvon Webster.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eve ... I#image=11

:up: Agreed I won't even place him as high as you do. We have other pass rushers and I'm not sure the leadership won't shift to Miller this season

Miller has said he isn't a leader. That's just not his strength. I commend him for acknowledging that if it's the case, not many people can easily point to their own weakness like that. I guess we will see though, he's kind of in a position where it is going to be expected of him. Being the best and highest paid player on that side of the ball, if not the team, does that.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Hoppy wrote:Okung won't take pay cut so say see ya
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Ok ... s-51316539

Yeah, he didn't play near good enough to be worth it. Wasn't the worst on the line but didn't help our problems either.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

DT earl Mitchell will be released from Miami
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:46 pm

7 round mock! Even though just about every pick is likely to change/be wrong!

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/02 ... ound-mock/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Hoppy wrote:we can take a step back and call on Clady the jets have set him free

If you want a 4-8 game player. Clady's problem is he is hurt every year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tex ... li=BBnbfcL

Gambling odds on where Romo will end up.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:09 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/texans-are-gambling-favorites-to-land-tony-romo/ar-AAn3f80?li=BBnbfcL

Gambling odds on where Romo will end up.

3/1 for Denver, I seriously doubt it.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:36 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:we can take a step back and call on Clady the jets have set him free

If you want a 4-8 game player. Clady's problem is he is hurt every year.

When Clady started, wasn't it before the "streamlined" rookie contracts? I would like to think so because he was awesome in like yr 1 & 2 because he signed that major deal right after that. Shortly thereafter the injuries started to pile up. I know he was doing a good job blocking for PFM and then something happened an injury (don't remember) but right after that he wasn't much better than a door stop.
Would that we could get someone like him but much more durable for less money.

Bringing him back is not one of the best options in my opinion
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:Bringing him back is not one of the best options in my opinion

I don't see Elway bringing him back. If he adds FA o-linemen they are going to be quality, durable players he can count on. I don't think he will go cheap in that area this year.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:

I don't see Elway bringing him back. If he adds FA o-linemen they are going to be quality, durable players he can count on. I don't think he will go cheap in that area this year.

I agree, we have now seen that patchwork isn't working. Unfortunately, there are no quality O-line guys coming out of college. Unless one of them somehow turns into Joe Thomas as a pro (highly unlikely) we will be doing this again at some point.
I know Elway is already looking, and anything that is coming out of the news media is a screen until #7 makes it official that we have signed this guy or that guy.

I'm think Okung isn't gonna take a pay cut. Look for him to move on.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

I agree, we have now seen that patchwork isn't working. Unfortunately, there are no quality O-line guys coming out of college. Unless one of them somehow turns into Joe Thomas as a pro (highly unlikely) we will be doing this again at some point.
I know Elway is already looking, and anything that is coming out of the news media is a screen until #7 makes it official that we have signed this guy or that guy.

I'm think Okung isn't gonna take a pay cut. Look for him to move on.

I happen to agree with both of you. John is going to add linemen through FA but the problem is there is no LT in FA that can do the job that Okung is doing. Te plan was to keep Okung and pay him less money. He will not take a pay cut he already said as much. They don't have a LT in the draft Cam Robinson is the best they have coming out.Then the second best rated there is Ramczyk is next and he has one year playing against good talent and he is coming off hip surgery. He may not even be ready to play this season. So I agree we will be here next season doing the same thing only I hope we have a higher draft choice like 32nd. That's why Clady who had his best years under McCoy's offense mind you if he comes cheap will be a look see. the last good LT here was who
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm

I think they'd sign Clady if he comes on the cheap. Like a "prove it" type of 1-2 year contract. If he isn't cheap they will take a pass because he's played an average of 8.3 games a season the last three years. But Hop has a point.... decent Left Tackles are few and far between this year and in the draft they are especially weak.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 am

On the Clady issue, I'm going to agree with Utah, I think we do at most a 3 yr incentive laden contract for veteran minimum
if Okung won't take a paycut. He came here thinking we were going back to the SB, problem was he spent too much time letting our QB get sacked and have those wonderful drive stopping holding penalties.

Without a running game of some sort we couldn't keep the defense from putting 8 in the box and daring us to throw. We'd get in 3rd and long and would have to punt.

Would somebody (McCoy, Musgrave, Joseph) please tell our team about ball control?
As much as I despise the Pats, that is what the hoodie is teaching them. I saw one of the post game analysis talking heads say that the Pats basically waited until Atlanta got tired of running Man-to-man coverage; then they started to play like champions, they didn't waste opportunities when they had the ball, they drove down the field and scored.
I too wondered why when Atlanta was in striking distance of that "close out" field goal, why didn't they run the ball?

Oh yeah, STUPID HOLDING PENALTIES!!

I can see the coach pulling his hair out now. "All we needed to win was a stinking field goal"
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:07 pm

I guess I'm getting old. I forget to logout sometimes LOL good Night
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 pm

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/02 ... r-broncos/

Article on the worst high draft pick in Broncos history.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

I had heard that the Phins were wanting to release Branden Albert. we had talked about no decent LT's in FA and he would have jumped to the top or close to it. Well now they traded him to Jacksonville for our favorite TE
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Do ... -51380196/
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:30 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/02/18/2017-nfl-draft-complete-prospect-rankings-by-position/

Draft picks ranked by position.

He's flipped the tackles around B/C of the off field problem that Cam Robinson had some pot but the bigger charge came from the possession of a stolen fire arm. Yes troublesome but he is the best of the tackles coming out I wouldn't put a man who may not play next season ahead of him

at QB I too have Deshaun Watson as the best coming out this year and last IMO Mitch Trubisky of NC next then Deshone Kizer in that order if 2 fall to the Broncos I would jump on them Kizer I don't take I still like JJ Watt's little brother. He is a Von Miller type player that may be able to play in the middle.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:33 pm

McCoy promising success with our QBs

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Mike-McCo ... s-51373116
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:35 pm

I seriously doubt we draft both O.J. Howard and Christian McCaffrey. Maybe one or the other.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2017/02/ ... ond-round/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:20 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I seriously doubt we draft both O.J. Howard and Christian McCaffrey. Maybe one or the other.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2017/02/ ... ond-round/

Right This guy says Elway will draft 2 offensive players 1 and 2 and that's never happened in John's tender. We need Linemen on both sides of the ball and he wants 2 receivers. I still think Defense on the first pick. That's Elway's DNA
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Broncos new O-line ass. leaves to join Shanahan in SF. John Benton was given permission to visit and took the job so we look for another. That should mark the end of anyone who was involved in the West Coast scheme. I say Hip Hip Hooray. If you want to start over start all the way over. That's with the line that is we still have our running backs coach.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:35 pm

The JT trade I was talking about fell through now the Phins get him for a late round pick Albert is said to be traded for a late round pick also JT 's pick will be 2017 Albert's 2018. Albert was one of the better LT when he played for the Chiefs. I guess his contract is more then he's worth. He will be paid 10 million this up coming season and 11 in 2018 the final year of his contract.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:06 pm

wish list for the Broncos in Free Agency
1) Kawann Short DT better than Poe and may be cheaper
2) Ricky Wagner RT may be the best linemen out there right now but will save the rating for now who knows who will be cut.
3A)Ronald Leary G from Dallas enough said but may be resigned.
3B)Andrew Norwell G
4) Alstin Pasztor T/G he was a free agent last season I think. not rated very high but better than some on this team and as we have said there isn't much out there
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Hoppy wrote:wish list for the Broncos in Free Agency
1) Kawann Short DT better than Poe and may be cheaper
2) Ricky Wagner RT may be the best linemen out there right now but will save the rating for now who knows who will be cut.
3A)Ronald Leary G from Dallas enough said but may be resigned.
3B)Andrew Norwell G
4) Alstin Pasztor T/G he was a free agent last season I think. not rated very high but better than some on this team and as we have said there isn't much out there

I think most of them would be an upgrade over what we have now. Especially the first three.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:57 am

Players the Broncos should avoid in the first round

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/ ... void-at-20
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:44 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Players the Broncos should avoid in the first round

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/ ... void-at-20

They're saying take Bolles as a LT in the second round at and avoid McCaffery and Robinson altogether. Their logic in that seems pretty sound to me
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)