AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:QB's today

https://t.co/gI6TI3svbo

Is it the QBs or the coaching? Siemian I think has already exceeded expectations, but they were never high for him. Lynch on the other hand was supposed to be much better. Is he just not adjusting quickly enough or is the coaching carousal that he has endured his past 2 seasons claimed a victim? I think the first 4-5 seasons of a young QBs career are highly fragile when it comes to changes in coaching. Lynch has seen 2 now. Kelly may be at a better advantage there since he is new in the system but it's all he's known. We don't get to see him play yet though due to his injury.

I hear what you are saying Springs, consistency is an important part of development, but I don't think it's the problem here. Elway invested heavily in bringing Paxton along. Hiring McCoy to open up the offense, and bringing in Muskgrave to develop his tools. I don't think it would've benefited Lynch to spend a second year under the same system. A change needed to be made, and it was, sooner rather than later. There was a reason he was tagged as a project before he was drafted, and we are seeing that the prediction made (by many), was on target. It is still too early in the investment, to judge whether or not it was a good one. I for one, think that the best way to find out, is now, and with trial by fire. The best way for him to improve, is to learn from his mistakes, and be able to implement the corrections the following week. I guess my point is, the coaching change was better for his development not worse. I give you Carr as my best example. Look at his first year, and where he is now. Give Muskgrave a chance to develop him in real game experience, and then we can see what we've got. Trevor is as good of a back up as anyone can ask for, ready when we need him. Let's use him as our ace in the hole, and go with Paxton learning and growing as he goes. Bottom line is, even if he doesn't pan out after this year, the up side is there to shoot for, while it certainly is not there with Siemian.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Let's get more people in the league!

Yahoo Pro Pick'em
Group Name: Swiss Broncos
Group ID: 3430
Password: denverswiss
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 pm

This is why I hate these stupid joint practices.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mul ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Is it the QBs or the coaching? Siemian I think has already exceeded expectations, but they were never high for him. Lynch on the other hand was supposed to be much better. Is he just not adjusting quickly enough or is the coaching carousal that he has endured his past 2 seasons claimed a victim? I think the first 4-5 seasons of a young QBs career are highly fragile when it comes to changes in coaching. Lynch has seen 2 now. Kelly may be at a better advantage there since he is new in the system but it's all he's known. We don't get to see him play yet though due to his injury.

I hear what you are saying Springs, consistency is an important part of development, but I don't think it's the problem here. Elway invested heavily in bringing Paxton along. Hiring McCoy to open up the offense, and bringing in Muskgrave to develop his tools. I don't think it would've benefited Lynch to spend a second year under the same system. A change needed to be made, and it was, sooner rather than later. There was a reason he was tagged as a project before he was drafted, and we are seeing that the prediction made (by many), was on target. It is still too early in the investment, to judge whether or not it was a good one. I for one, think that the best way to find out, is now, and with trial by fire. The best way for him to improve, is to learn from his mistakes, and be able to implement the corrections the following week. I guess my point is, the coaching change was better for his development not worse. I give you Carr as my best example. Look at his first year, and where he is now. Give Muskgrave a chance to develop him in real game experience, and then we can see what we've got. Trevor is as good of a back up as anyone can ask for, ready when we need him. Let's use him as our ace in the hole, and go with Paxton learning and growing as he goes. Bottom line is, even if he doesn't pan out after this year, the up side is there to shoot for, while it certainly is not there with Siemian.

I agree Icky It's not the coaching IMO. Elway took a shot He blew it when he didn't offer a Contract to Brock and he left the team without a QB. Brock would have made this team better last season being his third season under Kubiak. He knew the offense. Yes I still think Brock is a good QB given a chance to learn the system and the players around him he will shine. Back to Elway, he needed to make it right and took the gamble on Lynch. The dice came out and the point is Joe. Will he make the point is what we are betting on. I read an article where Elway said he more or less doesn't care if a member of the team protest as long as it doesn't hurt the team. Winning games is what's important. Well if he doesn't get us a QB we win less then 8 games this season. That's how bad these guys are. We will see 8 in the box and the defense will dare the QB to beat them. Watch the game this week and what the first team defense does to us. The Bears did it with their first unit. There will be 8 in the box to stop the run once they stop the run they come after Lynch who run if his first read isn't there. Again IMO
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:54 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

I still think Kelly will end up beating them all out.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Oz is still terrible with the Browns this year Hop. 6 of 14 the last game. I have no regrets seeing him hit the road. I'm not saying Lynch will be the answer but Oz certainly isn't.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:24 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Oz is still terrible with the Browns this year Hop. 6 of 14 the last game. I have no regrets seeing him hit the road. I'm not saying Lynch will be the answer but Oz certainly isn't.

I did say giving him time to learn the system and the people around him. He is playing in a new system this season and they aren't going to keep him they have a rookie Kizer whom should be starting. He's Hue Jackson's QB the first one he drafted and will get the shot I'm sure. 6-14 for 42 yards 0Td's 0 INT's that's not terrible.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Oz is still terrible with the Browns this year Hop. 6 of 14 the last game. I have no regrets seeing him hit the road. I'm not saying Lynch will be the answer but Oz certainly isn't.

I did say giving him time to learn the system and the people around him. He is playing in a new system this season and they aren't going to keep him they have a rookie Kizer whom should be starting. He's Hue Jackson's QB the first one he drafted and will get the shot I'm sure. 6-14 for 42 yards 0Td's 0 INT's that's not terrible.

He's not any better than what we're paying a fraction of. 6-14 isn't very stellar.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:54 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/8/17/16164906/paxton-lynch-puts-together-a-perfect-practice?ref=yfp

Lynch's practice.

Sounds promising. Hopefully everything is clicking now. I guess we see tomorrow.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:24 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/8/17/16164906/paxton-lynch-puts-together-a-perfect-practice?ref=yfp

Lynch's practice.

Sounds promising. Hopefully everything is clicking now. I guess we see tomorrow.

First sign he's catching on.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Lynch's practice.

He had a great day about 3 weeks ago and they all said the same thing then. Let's just see how it goes and don't get your hopes up too high. I still think he's closer to a bust then a star.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Lynch's practice.

He had a great day about 3 weeks ago and they all said the same thing then. Let's just see how it goes and don't get your hopes up too high. I still think he's closer to a bust then a star.

True. I don't have high hopes for anyone but Kelly right now. Neither Trevor or Paxton have shown anything but mediocrity so far.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 pm

lynch after the great week of practice was playing his game tonight. 9-13 for 37 yards. he is a bust If it wasn't for the special teams we would only have 3 points. If his first read wasn't there he took off running. Didn't read that blitz on the sack. Not a good outing tonight so far. Our first round pick has his hands full tonight.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Siemian has made some good throws his 2 minute drill right before half. Henderson has quick feet.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:19 pm

It would not hurt my feelings, to never see Lynch again. Can't see the open man, poor accuracy on long balls, can't read a defense, and he has terrible foot work. I'd rather see Sloter as Siemian's back up.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:13 am

I joined your Pick'Em Springs.

Yeah, Lynch looks like a deer in the headlights again this year. It looks like Siemian will be it for this year and next year we'll get to find out if Kelly will take over.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 am

IckyIPA wrote:It would not hurt my feelings, to never see Lynch again. Can't see the open man, poor accuracy on long balls, can't read a defense, and he has terrible foot work. I'd rather see Sloter as Siemian's back up.

Sloter has been fairly impressive so far.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey R8Der.....We have 11 teams signed up in my FFL. We just need 1 more and I'll set the draft date. Anyone want to play that isn't yet?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:21 pm

I set the live draft Tuesday September 5th for now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is- ... li=BBnba9I

This kind of reporting borders on the ridiculous.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Hoppy wrote:Siemian has made some good throws his 2 minute drill right before half. Henderson has quick feet.

Henderson is a good one. I'm pleased with this draft class myself.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:39 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tre ... li=BBnb7Kz

The consensus is it's Siemian's job to lose now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/trevor-siemian-appears-to-have-won-broncos-qb-job-again/ar-AAqoDx0?li=BBnb7Kz

Looks to be that way. I don't have any allegiance to Lynch but I would love to not have a first round pick wasted. Good for Siemian, bad for Denver. Maybe next year Kelly gets his chance. Any word on when he will be able to practice and off the PUP?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:39 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/trevor-siemian-appears-to-have-won-broncos-qb-job-again/ar-AAqoDx0?li=BBnb7Kz

Looks to be that way. I don't have any allegiance to Lynch but I would love to not have a first round pick wasted. Good for Siemian, bad for Denver. Maybe next year Kelly gets his chance. Any word on when he will be able to practice and off the PUP?

Rumor is they'll put him on IR and redshirt him this season.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)