AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:15 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Kirk Cousins will be free to talk to teams what do you think of him coming to Denver?

Depends on the price I guess.

Same here, if the price is good it may not be a bad choice. Didn't he lead the league in passing yards this season? McCoy could work with that.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:17 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Kirk Cousins will be free to talk to teams what do you think of him coming to Denver?

Same here, if the price is good it may not be a bad choice. Didn't he lead the league in passing yards this season? McCoy could work with that.

Not first but a close third (4917) behind Drew Brees (5208) and Matt Ryan (4944).
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:23 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ndly-deal/

Last year he made 19.5 million with the tag. It's sounding like he wants a contract for that or maybe much more.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Last year he made 19.5 million with the tag. It's sounding like he wants a contract for that or maybe much more.[/b]

Too much. I think we need to develop our own and get a cheap veteran FA for depth.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:32 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Last year he made 19.5 million with the tag. It's sounding like he wants a contract for that or maybe much more.[/b]

Too much. I think we need to develop our own and get a cheap veteran FA for depth.

Cleveland is the only team showing interest right now. I think he would take less to play for a team that could win it all don't you think?
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:43 am

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Cleveland is the only team showing interest right now. I think he would take less to play for a team that could win it all don't you think?

They always say that and then when the chips are down they take the money unless the "cheaper" deal is really close
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:45 am

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Hey Utah If it alright with him can it be ok with me?LOL
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 860&type=3
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:00 pm

Hoppy wrote:Hey Utah If it alright with him can it be ok with me?LOL

I can't see the post. He/she must have their settings set so only friends can see it. What does it say?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:41 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

I can't see the post. He/she must have their settings set so only friends can see it. What does it say?

Sean Spicer with a caption saying WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH FACTS
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:47 pm

I've heard this a lot around here lately and I have mixed emotions on this. we need linemen on both offense and defense. but we also need a return man.https://t.co/GIH9981jtk
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:54 pm

a look at the coaches
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Sean Spicer with a caption saying WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH FACTS

This is America. You can disagree with anything you want. It's your right.

As far as Sean Spicer? I don't know too much about him except what the press says but he seems a bit of an idiot to me...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Hoppy wrote:I've heard this a lot around here lately and I have mixed emotions on this. we need linemen on both offense and defense. but we also need a return man.https://t.co/GIH9981jtk

McCaffrey is a return man? I'm confused.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:49 pm

I wouldn't take McCaffrey at 20. We need a return man but that's a pretty steep price to pay for one when you need offensive, defensive lineman...Tight Ends, and a plethora of other needs. Any team that takes him that early is making a mistake in my opinion.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I've heard this a lot around here lately and I have mixed emotions on this. we need linemen on both offense and defense. but we also need a return man.https://t.co/GIH9981jtk

McCaffrey is a return man? I'm confused.

** I listened to this podcast.
Frankly, I agree with you Utah, While I would love to see another McCaffrey in Broncos gear, taking him at 20 would not be wise.
We need linemen. If that Wisconsin guy Ramczyk is still there we need to snag him or that other guy we appear to be enamored with.

Like I said before, I think we can get involved with the Playoff picture next year, maybe even win one or 2. But I think our reboot is a 2-3 year process because the plug-n-play approach doesn't appear to be working. Linebackers need time to gel. With the way the NFL is structured now, about 3 years in is when the guys are really starting to get a feel for each other and that camaraderie is invaluable.

Hasn't Dallas had basically the same line for what 3 years?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 am

Jarhead93 wrote:** I listened to this podcast.
Frankly, I agree with you Utah, While I would love to see another McCaffrey in Broncos gear, taking him at 20 would not be wise.
We need linemen. If that Wisconsin guy Ramczyk is still there we need to snag him or that other guy we appear to be enamored with.

Like I said before, I think we can get involved with the Playoff picture next year, maybe even win one or 2. But I think our reboot is a 2-3 year process because the plug-n-play approach doesn't appear to be working. Linebackers need time to gel. With the way the NFL is structured now, about 3 years in is when the guys are really starting to get a feel for each other and that camaraderie is invaluable.

Having played pretty much every position including o and d-line, I would say that no group needs more time to gel than the o-line. That is 5 guys standing side by side all moving and working together as 1. Knowing where each is and is going to be throughout every play. Most times you can't see more than 1 or 2 guys over because everyone is so close. I would say it takes at least a year to get that kind of cohesion. You can maybe swap out 1 guy, 2 if your lucky and maintain it. Just depends on the pieces. I see a complete retooling of the o-line coming this offseason so it will take time to get them all working together. However, I don't think it could get any worse than we saw this last year, even with 4 new guys that have never played together.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:21 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:** I listened to this podcast.

Having played pretty much every position including o and d-line, I would say that no group needs more time to gel than the o-line. That is 5 guys standing side by side all moving and working together as 1. Knowing where each is and is going to be throughout every play. Most times you can't see more than 1 or 2 guys over because everyone is so close. I would say it takes at least a year to get that kind of cohesion. You can maybe swap out 1 guy, 2 if your lucky and maintain it. Just depends on the pieces. I see a complete retooling of the o-line coming this offseason so it will take time to get them all working together. However, I don't think it could get any worse than we saw this last year, even with 4 new guys that have never played together.

Springs you hit the nail on the head. That line was playing together last season for the first time and in a new system. But they may not all be gone. I see them replacing the tackles and of corse Scholfield who gave up 5 sacks to the raiders the year before and 2 this season. good post :up: :up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:54 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I wouldn't take McCaffrey at 20. We need a return man but that's a pretty steep price to pay for one when you need offensive, defensive lineman...Tight Ends, and a plethora of other needs. Any team that takes him that early is making a mistake in my opinion.

I was thinking the same Yes we need a return man and I think he will be a good one and a good Slot but not at 20 when we have greater needs. If he's there in the second and there is a TE or a DE there I still would pass. Cam Robinson played Left tackle foe Alabama as a freshmen and never was beaten out He has his baggage too off the field he was arrested for weapons and drugs in 2016. on the field great run blocker but has trouble with speed rushers if the QB holds the ball too long. That is trouble for the broncos as both our young QB hold the ball too long. The charges were dropped on the weapons and drugs but Saban suspended the two players involved until they did community service 20 hours and had meeting with the police and drug test were taken every week. Garett Bolles out of Utah is the only other first round OT. and he is a late first early second pick. 20 would be too early for him I could see us trading back and picking him and picking up another pick but I believe we find our line in Free agency. I haven't looked at the OG's yet I said too b/c the baggage with Ramczyk is he hasn't played much against good talent he didn't seem to want to play football he went to a DII school with no football and transferred They say they question his fire for the game and last he had surgery in Jan. on his right hip. He won't help us out this season. IMO he is another Ty Sambrailo and we're still waiting on him to show.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:Springs you hit the nail on the head. That line was playing together last season for the first time and in a new system. But they may not all be gone. I see them replacing the tackles and of corse Scholfield who gave up 5 sacks to the raiders the year before and 2 this season. good post :up: :up:

If this line hasn't gelled yet I don't think they will. There just isn't enough skill there. I see 3-4 of them being gone and rebuilding that unit next season.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:47 pm

EX raider comes to broncos defensive line
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Br ... l-50810236
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:04 pm

We need a QB and we NEED one BADLY Siemian ratings

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/26 ... or-siemian
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Hoppy wrote:We need a QB and we NEED one BADLY Siemian ratings

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/26 ... or-siemian

And he was better than Oz....lmao! Both teams need a QB.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:12 am

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01 ... r-broncos/

Kiper has us selecting Bolles from Utah at OT.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Not sure if I would like B.Marsh (WR) back or not. If he's more trouble in the locker room than he's worth I say pass. He would have to be ok with a paycut and being #3, not #1. Probably make sure there is a gag order in his contract. Skills wise, he could be a good third option for whoever is throwing the ball next season, my guess is Siemian unless we hear of someone else being brought in. Lynch didn't seem to make much progress last year.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01 ... -marshall/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:36 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Not sure if I would like B.Marsh (WR) back or not. If he's more trouble in the locker room than he's worth I say pass. He would have to be ok with a paycut and being #3, not #1. Probably make sure there is a gag order in his contract. Skills wise, he could be a good third option for whoever is throwing the ball next season, my guess is Siemian unless we hear of someone else being brought in. Lynch didn't seem to make much progress last year.

He would come but I'm not so sure John will offer. He has never been to the playoffs in his career so yes a chance to play for a team to make the playoffs he would take a lot less money to do so. but if we can remember that last practice he had with this team what makes anyone think Mr. Elway doesn't. If I had a vote mine would be no. He has changed and they say it was something psychotic or sickness that made him act that way. I call it something else.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Not sure if I would like B.Marsh (WR) back or not. If he's more trouble in the locker room than he's worth I say pass. He would have to be ok with a paycut and being #3, not #1. Probably make sure there is a gag order in his contract. Skills wise, he could be a good third option for whoever is throwing the ball next season, my guess is Siemian unless we hear of someone else being brought in. Lynch didn't seem to make much progress last year.

He would come but I'm not so sure John will offer. He has never been to the playoffs in his career so yes a chance to play for a team to make the playoffs he would take a lot less money to do so. but if we can remember that last practice he had with this team what makes anyone think Mr. Elway doesn't. If I had a vote mine would be no. He has changed and they say it was something psychotic or sickness that made him act that way. I call it something else.

I think Brandon Marshall is a cancer where ever he goes.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I think Brandon Marshall is a cancer where ever he goes.

Seems to be the case. Doesn't play well with others. I don't think he would accept being #3.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:41 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/repor ... tony-romo/

Sounds like the Broncos would take a pass on Romo.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-broncos-not-all-that-interested-in-tony-romo/

Sounds like the Broncos would take a pass on Romo.

Kinda makes you wonder what took them so long? We've been saying that since the season ended. Heck, If I remember correctly
back when Tony was saying he would like to come to Denver, we here so NO.

Maybe it is time Elway and the news media check out this site for the straight skinny. **
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)