AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:03 pm

did anyone see what E. Sanders said "We would win with Tony Romo but I trust in Elway" He told the world his QB is bad with that statement. and he's right If the QB was worth anything he would make everyone else better. The line wouldn't have to hold their blocks as long the ball would come out on time . The running game would be better there wouldn't be 8 or 9 in the box they would have to cover more. we'll see what happens when the players keep asking for a better chance at winning a better QB. he did give his QB's some props but you know he has to so not to make them look bad but read between the lines he said with Romo we can win a championship.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ohn-elway/
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Hoppy wrote:did anyone see what E. Sanders said "We would win with Tony Romo but I trust in Elway" He told the world his QB is bad with that statement. and he's right If the QB was worth anything he would make everyone else better. The line wouldn't have to hold their blocks as long the ball would come out on time . The running game would be better there wouldn't be 8 or 9 in the box they would have to cover more. we'll see what happens when the players keep asking for a better chance at winning a better QB. he did give his QB's some props but you know he has to so not to make them look bad but read between the lines he said with Romo we can win a championship.

Yes, maybe a healthy Romo we could win a championship, but the guy can't stay on the field. I'm sure this year off has been good for him but it's still a matter of time before he is broken again. And our o-line will make a difference in that regard. Even if he can get the ball off faster he is still going to take too many hits.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:did anyone see what E. Sanders said "We would win with Tony Romo but I trust in Elway" He told the world his QB is bad with that statement. and he's right If the QB was worth anything he would make everyone else better. The line wouldn't have to hold their blocks as long the ball would come out on time . The running game would be better there wouldn't be 8 or 9 in the box they would have to cover more. we'll see what happens when the players keep asking for a better chance at winning a better QB. he did give his QB's some props but you know he has to so not to make them look bad but read between the lines he said with Romo we can win a championship.

Yes, maybe a healthy Romo we could win a championship, but the guy can't stay on the field. I'm sure this year off has been good for him but it's still a matter of time before he is broken again. And our o-line will make a difference in that regard. Even if he can get the ball off faster he is still going to take too many hits.

Let's look at this objectively:
1. Dallas has an amazing offensive line, If it can make Dak Prescott look good why would we want him?
2. Romo has basically been sidelined for almost 3 years, Even in the brief stint he did this year he looked ok, BUT it was 1 series / play and well I think it was more of a "gimme" than an actual play. The line gave him an eon to throw the ball, the receiver couldn't have been more open, the defender obviously slacked back as well as the defense, they were not trying to hit Tony at all.
3. We have traffic cones directing opposing linemen right to our QB with Tony now taking the position of Mr. Fragile, again why would we take him?
4. $$$ or $alary whichever way you want to spell it Tony would want starting QB money. We are not in that position, we need to pay some other folks 1st like real offensive linemen ours stink :down: :down:
5. Tony needs to stay in TX and retire. He is DONE!!!
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:24 pm

I read the article as a cry for help. He was ok with what we have but a QB with the experience to run a Mike McCoy type offense is what he is asking for. Someone who can stand at the line and run a fast past type offense. Siemian could read the first look but that was usually disguised. Lynch doesn't have the experience either. This team is built to win the line takes heat for the scheme that was ran and not many o-linemen can play in the WC now. The blocking isn't the same and we don't have the personal to run that system. Now there was a good right guard that was out of football last season who may be back here next season. Louis Vasquez couldn't play in the Kubiak scheme and he was a pro bowler the year before. Some of the problem was QB more the O-Line but the line took the heat. Getting the ball out on time is a QB problem. He may have read the defense wrong and say he couldn't throw to his first read after the play started. That happened lots of time with Siesian. He was great the first five games then the teams got film on him and spotted his weaknesses. Yes he was kyle Orton good between the 20's but we need a QB that can be good in the red zone.
the players are beginning to speak.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Hoppy wrote:I read the article as a cry for help. He was ok with what we have but a QB with the experience to run a Mike McCoy type offense is what he is asking for. Someone who can stand at the line and run a fast past type offense. Siemian could read the first look but that was usually disguised. Lynch doesn't have the experience either. This team is built to win the line takes heat for the scheme that was ran and not many o-linemen can play in the WC now. The blocking isn't the same and we don't have the personal to run that system. Now there was a good right guard that was out of football last season who may be back here next season. Louis Vasquez couldn't play in the Kubiak scheme and he was a pro bowler the year before. Some of the problem was QB more the O-Line but the line took the heat. Getting the ball out on time is a QB problem. He may have read the defense wrong and say he couldn't throw to his first read after the play started. That happened lots of time with Siesian. He was great the first five games then the teams got film on him and spotted his weaknesses. Yes he was kyle Orton good between the 20's but we need a QB that can be good in the red zone.
the players are beginning to speak.

I agree with some of your thoughts here, but I also like to think it has a lot to do with what has been called. What I find most distasteful was we could'nt seem to get first downs. I know CJ was out but OMG 3rd and 1 should be a GIMME, if 39yr old Tommy boy can do it so can Any capable QB. Yes, I know defenses have been trained to stop them. It seems to me that you could get something going with a little bit of trickery. Kubes was a bit too vanilla. We got our tails handed to us in a couple games and they all seemed to "phoning it in". I think it was a whole lot of things. QB play, Line blocking, RUN GAME, and vanilla plain jane offense.

If McCoy can make Crybaby Rivers look good he should be able to do something with PAX or Trevor.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Dallas has one of the best offensive lines in the league.....and still Romo gets hurt.....Put him behind ours and he'd last 2 series in his first game....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Dallas has one of the best offensive lines in the league.....and still Romo gets hurt.....Put him behind ours and he'd last 2 series in his first game....lol.

"Exact-a-mundo!!!"
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:40 pm

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

Top 100 free agents in 2017...according to these guys anyway.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Dallas has one of the best offensive lines in the league.....and still Romo gets hurt.....Put him behind ours and he'd last 2 series in his first game....lol.

"Exact-a-mundo!!!"

Romo was hurt running the ball trying to get a first down. He tried to slide but was hit in the back going down. That hit would have hurt any QB in the league the way he was hit. Now don't take this or any of my comments as me wanting Romo here. But again I stand by the fact that this O-line wasn't as bad as people want to make them out to be. Our QB was bad and he hurt them as much as them hurting him. They needed help and a better QB would have given them a chance. I bet we don't change the whole line out I know we keep our center but I bet we keep our left guard and our draft pick McGovern should have a shot to play RG. Sambrailo should get another chance because of the system wasn't for him scholfield should be run out of Bronco country. Okung will cost too much at 11million and Stephenson will cost 4 million that's 15 million to get a better left and right tackle. we have in my count 55 million to start playing with not counting the others that will be cut. I think we will get another QB in here next season who I don't know I just know We can't go into the season with what we had last season and get back to the playoffs yet along the SB. I bet John thinks so too. Sanders does. he didn't mention championship with their names
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 am

Hoppy wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:

"Exact-a-mundo!!!"

Romo was hurt running the ball trying to get a first down. He tried to slide but was hit in the back going down. That hit would have hurt any QB in the league the way he was hit. Now don't take this or any of my comments as me wanting Romo here. But again I stand by the fact that this O-line wasn't as bad as people want to make them out to be. Our QB was bad and he hurt them as much as them hurting him. They needed help and a better QB would have given them a chance. I bet we don't change the whole line out I know we keep our center but I bet we keep our left guard and our draft pick McGovern should have a shot to play RG. Sambrailo should get another chance because of the system wasn't for him scholfield should be run out of Bronco country. Okung will cost too much at 11million and Stephenson will cost 4 million that's 15 million to get a better left and right tackle. we have in my count 55 million to start playing with not counting the others that will be cut. I think we will get another QB in here next season who I don't know I just know We can't go into the season with what we had last season and get back to the playoffs yet along the SB. I bet John thinks so too. Sanders does. he didn't mention championship with their names

He was injured the two years before that Hop. And in different circumstances.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:32 am

For all those thinking that Tony Romo could be the answer at QB - Salary: Romo has a cap hit of $20,835,000 while his dead money value is $40,435,000. With about 55m available to us why would we spend that kind of money? That is Peyton & Brady money. He isn't worth that kind of investment.

His injury history for the last 3 years is suspect at best. Think about it, he recovered from a broken clavicle and then had another injury to the opposite shoulder. Then most recent a back injury. Dude needs to pack it in.

I think he is an incredible athlete. But at this time we need to find someone to block for whomever is behind center.

Look, Phil Simms was an average quarterback with an outstanding line. Tom Brady has a great offensive line. Heck Trent Dilfer won the SB with an outstanding defense and a mediocre offense. Prescott had an incredible line and he looked awesome. David Carr was having an MVP caliber year before his injury. Granted all QB's have a high possibility of injury. Look what happened to Trevor this year.

I'm not sold on Trevor at the moment, but he and Paxton represent what we have. Bird-in-the-hand you know.

I'd rather see what McCoy can do with them and get the defense back up to full speed and get a left and right tackle that are like Ryan Clady but less
injury prone.

Like coach Joseph said, Reboot, not rebuild, might need to sacrifice a winning season to get the right pieces. Might not be involved in playoffs in 2017, but look out when we get the right combinations.

With that said GO FALCONS!
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Feels pretty good knowing two of these teams were knocked out by Denver. Though I did feel that the Denver team that lost to the seahawks deserved to be on this list given all the offensive records set that year. Those sorts of things seemed to have an effect on getting other teams on the list. I dunno, I guess it isn't the best list to be on anyways lol.

Ranking the 11 best NFL Teams that Lost the Super Bowl:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ran ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Lol, yeah, put Manziel on a team that is likely headed to Vegas. Great idea. What could possibly go wrong?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-r ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 pm

here's a better joke why is the probowl watered down : they asked Trevor Siemian to play. How many QB's had to drop out or get hurt for them to invite Siemian and he said no guess they ask Tebow next
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Hoppy wrote:here's a better joke why is the probowl watered down : they asked Trevor Siemian to play. How many QB's had to drop out or get hurt for them to invite Siemian and he said no guess they ask Tebow next

Most of the top players don't want to risk injury in a meaningless game. That's why it's been declining for years and why it's always an offensive shootout. Defenders don't want to hit and offensive players don't want to be hit.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:here's a better joke why is the probowl watered down : they asked Trevor Siemian to play. How many QB's had to drop out or get hurt for them to invite Siemian and he said no guess they ask Tebow next

Most of the top players don't want to risk injury in a meaningless game. That's why it's been declining for years and why it's always an offensive shootout. Defenders don't want to hit and offensive players don't want to be hit.

I think the game should be flag football. which would eliminate quite a bit of the hitting QB's should be wearing a RED shirt just like in practice. so no sacking the QB. Additionally, I think they should donate some of the proceeds to some worthy charitable organization. They could create a list and rotate it so everyone can get a share.

I like bringing back the skills competition. Anyone remember the "Super Stars" The pro-bowl should be more like that.
If you are the 2 Super Bowl teams, you are exempt.
Or the College Champion could play against some all-star team
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:Or the College Champion could play against some all-star team

I'd be happy with the college champs playing the worst team in the NFL every year, aka the browns :lol: Those guys over in Cleveland could use a little extra practice.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:

I'd be happy with the college champs playing the worst team in the NFL every year, aka the browns :lol: Those guys over in Cleveland could use a little extra practice.

He said all star team where did the Browns come into play :mrgreen:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Kirk Cousins will be free to talk to teams what do you think of him coming to Denver?
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Hoppy wrote:Kirk Cousins will be free to talk to teams what do you think of him coming to Denver?

Depends on the price I guess.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:23 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/24/14368740/horse-tracks-ryan-ramczyk-would-be-ideal-for-broncos-offense

Possible OT.

He was the guy I was telling you about the guy with no experience He is also coming of injury. he will be a project next year we have a few of them already Ty to name one. If we are going to be back in the playoffs we have to get a line in Free agency. Or we hit the lotto with a pick
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:00 pm

I know you all have seen this by now but the cabbie and John Elway
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/24 ... cab-driver
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/24/14368740/horse-tracks-ryan-ramczyk-would-be-ideal-for-broncos-offense

Possible OT.

He was the guy I was telling you about the guy with no experience He is also coming of injury. he will be a project next year we have a few of them already Ty to name one. If we are going to be back in the playoffs we have to get a line in Free agency. Or we hit the lotto with a pick

The kid from Alabama probably is as good or better but my guess he goes before we pick. This kid will probably be there at 20.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Bolles from Utah will be a real good one as well and might be had in the 2nd round.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Johnson, from Florida State, also is a promising OT.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:46 pm

These are the top 3 TE's out there.
19 O.J. Howard TE 1 Alabama Sr 6-6 251 1
29 David Njoku TE 2 Miami (Fla.) 6-4 240 1-2
61 Bucky Hodges TE 3 Virginia Tech 6-6 245 2
73 Jordan Leggett TE 4 Clemson Sr 6-5 258 2-3
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:50 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Bolles from Utah will be a real good one as well and might be had in the 2nd round.

I asked you about this guy I would like to draft him over Ramczyk . And taking him in the first wouldn't be too bad if we trade back a few and take him . He's projected as a late first early second Don't think he will last to our second pick.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Bolles from Utah will be a real good one as well and might be had in the 2nd round.

I asked you about this guy I would like to draft him over Ramczyk . And taking him in the first wouldn't be too bad if we trade back a few and take him . He's projected as a late first early second Don't think he will last to our second pick.

We'd have to trade up at 2 or down with our 1. I think Robinson from Alabama will go first and then maybe Ramczyk before Bolles. I'd say Bolles will go in the top of the second round. I watched him at Utah....he's good.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:13 am

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

He said all star team where did the Browns come into play :mrgreen:

What fun would watching all the best NFL players stomp on a college team be? I'd rather watch the college team trample the Browns :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)