AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:01 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Broncos talk to WR but I don't think they draft him the highlights are low I didn't see any speed and I don't like the way he carries the ball (Thoughts)
https://t.co/TvzKzb5TpR

That is about the worst highlight video I have ever seen lol :lol: The very first clip is his QB getting sacked, sure he was wide open, but it was a blown coverage, nothing he did. Other plays like that where the ball wasn't even thrown to him or was tipped away yards before it reached him are irrelevant. He does carry the ball funny and will be easily stripped in the pros. Maybe a late 6-7th round pick but I didn't see anything super special. Most plays had no YAC and most of his catches were when he was wide open, only a couple while actually being covered.

Agreed!!!!! I think they are putting the receivers we have on notice. But This guy from this can't beat out anyone on this roster. He will be undrafted in my opinion.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:04 pm

report is the Broncos will give lynch the chance to have the ball over Siemian. Let's hope
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Pa ... b-50685880
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:41 pm

More from the air ways Matt Miller weighs in that the QB and the OT in this draft are not that great so the broncos should be looking for a TE in the draft. he said there is talent there at the TE and Safety with 2 of each in the top 20. The way it sounded to me was that he would hang onto the 20 if it looks like one of the two best TE's would fall to them.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:According to Conner Byrne Jon Robinson of the titans says he may not keep his fifth pick in the first round this year he traded down last year and he is without a second round this year and would like to have one. Is it too early to talk trade? How about the 20th pick and a 2nd and one of our compensation picks. The Broncos have 10 picks That is if there is a QB coming out that we could grab. That would be the only position I would trade up for.

A lot of the "experts" have most of the better QBs dropping pretty late in the first. I don't think this year is a really great one for that position. I don't really see Elway trading that far up for any position at this point.

The names of the best 3 IMO that are coming out. all are an upgrade from what we have. Not sure if our new coaches would want to go get one but they have to see what we have first and if they can come up with a new offense to fit either one
Deshone Kizer ND
Mitch Trueisky N. Carolina
Deshaun Watson Clem.

Don't see a winner in the bunch myself.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:More from the air ways Matt Miller weighs in that the QB and the OT in this draft are not that great so the broncos should be looking for a TE in the draft. he said there is talent there at the TE and Safety with 2 of each in the top 20. The way it sounded to me was that he would hang onto the 20 if it looks like one of the two best TE's would fall to them.

The draft is deep in tight ends. I doubt more than one will be gone by 20 and we dearly need a good one as we haven't had a decent TE in a few years. Let's just get one that isn't hurt half of every season like Thomas was and still is or Gronk is for NE.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Maybe if we toss in a 2nd and lower draft pick we can move up to the end of the first and get both our OT and TE. Like Hop says we have 10 picks and I'd rather trade for fewer picks but much higher ones.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:00 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Kiszla https://t.co/gdNxHf0MqX I agree with this not who to bring in but Ware is done and should think about coaching somewhere

I can think of a place where his coaching career can get off to an outstanding start. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. I'm sure someone from the organization / media can see the serious no brainer here. :up: :up:

Dallas? :D

<BUZZER> I'm sorry that is not the correct answer. [Hint] He would not have to move.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Kiszla https://t.co/gdNxHf0MqX I agree with this not who to bring in but Ware is done and should think about coaching somewhere

I can think of a place where his coaching career can get off to an outstanding start. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. I'm sure someone from the organization / media can see the serious no brainer here. :up: :up:

<BUZZER> I'm sorry that is not the correct answer. [Hint] He would not have to move.

who are The chargers for 1000 and the daily double
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:05 pm

http://giphy.com/gifs/fail-basketball-n ... C87SbZuIo0
I can't win the pickem so till next season
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Hoppy wrote:http://giphy.com/gifs/fail-basketball-news-vWCC87SbZuIo0
I can't win the pickem so till next season

Me neither. I sealed my fate last week.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm

we may see Max McCaffrey today. He's not the player his daddy was ...Yet
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/ylkmqkvz ... yqzzy.html
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Chris Harris said that he saw that the alarm went off on the steelers and then made the comment That happened to us in NE too LOL .
I say good that Bellacheat hasn't changed his game
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Draft Talk Examining the Broncos Options in the first round check out the defensive scheme of the new coach and see if you can agree with what is being said . I think I would spend our money on the O-Line in Free agency then draft DL in the first If there isn't a QB that the new Scheme on Offense doesn't fit well. We have two types of QB's both won't fit the same system. We will need one somewhere in the draft. I like the defensive pick and finding experience on the OL in FA.
https://t.co/ZPslkmqFax
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:18 pm

We need an OT, TE and DT in the offseason. I haven't looked who's available in free agency but the offensive line quality is never good. Neither are decent TE's...
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:20 pm

http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

Here is the list of 2017 Free Agents. Remember.....a lot of them will be retained by their current team.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:27 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:We need an OT, TE and DT in the offseason. I haven't looked who's available in free agency but the offensive line quality is never good. Neither are decent TE's...

The question would be do we wait for the draft in April when Free Agency starts in March. There are only 2 maybe 3 first round OT in this draft and one Ramczyk having less then 2 years experience. He will be a project for sure. That leaves one who will be gone before the 20th pick. We will have to pay money if we are going to get better next season. Could be that once we stop with the WC offense the guards will improve. but we need OT on both sides. You know Bolles from Utah is a late first or a second he will be there do the Broncos take him? I haven't seen film of him yet but I don't take a guy like that. They could take a TE There are 2 that could be a 1st rounder. will they make it to the Broncos. The D-Line has the best chance to make it to us there are 4 bonafide 1st and 3 who may be late first early second DE only 1 DT who is a sure first and 2 that may be first but sure second. I got this infro from NFL Draft Prospects CBS sports.com
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Bolles is an early 2nd rounder. Real good OT.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:11 pm

There's 3 TE's that are pretty much top flight but after that it gets sketchy.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:42 am

Welp, it looks like it comes down to the Superbowl in the Pick-em, Ute. If we pick the same team, I win. If You want to take the opposite, I'll tell ya my pick and we can bet the whole shabang on it. I will check back for your answer :up: 8-) :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:48 am

BTW UTE,
I entered the Champions tourney in our FF league. I came in around 38,000th place outa 142,000. I did good today and got 7800th place for the day. Rich did about the same in the runner up tourney. Thought you might like to know how much fun we had, and that we appreciate you putting it on :up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 am

IckyIPA wrote:BTW UTE,
I entered the Champions tourney in our FF league. I came in around 38,000th place outa 142,000. I did good today and got 7800th place for the day. Rich did about the same in the runner up tourney. Thought you might like to know how much fun we had, and that we appreciate you putting it on :up: :D :up:

I almost entered that but got busy and didn't. Sounds like I should have...sounds fun.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 am

IckyIPA wrote:Welp, it looks like it comes down to the Superbowl in the Pick-em, Ute. If we pick the same team, I win. If You want to take the opposite, I'll tell ya my pick and we can bet the whole shabang on it. I will check back for your answer :up: 8-) :up:

Nah...let's just pick who we think wins and see if it's different or the same. I've won the last couple of years so a new winner is in order anyway.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Welp, it looks like it comes down to the Superbowl in the Pick-em, Ute. If we pick the same team, I win. If You want to take the opposite, I'll tell ya my pick and we can bet the whole shabang on it. I will check back for your answer :up: 8-) :up:

Nah...let's just pick who we think wins and see if it's different or the same. I've won the last couple of years so a new winner is in order anyway.

I was in that same position the first year I did this lol. Good year everyone! Can't wait to start it up again next year! Here's hoping the Falcons can deny Brady and Belicheat another ring!
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

I was in that same position the first year I did this lol. Good year everyone! Can't wait to start it up again next year! Here's hoping the Falcons can deny Brady and Belicheat another ring!

Let's hope the Falcons beat them. I hate Dallas but would have rooted for them against the Pats.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 am

Hoppy wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:

who are The chargers for 1000 and the daily double

<BUZZER> I'm sorry that is not the correct answer. [HINT][HINT][HINT] They recently promoted the defensive backs coach to defensive coordinator, the general manager is a 2x Superbowl Winner, MVP, AND owns several car dealerships, usta wear #7.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:02 am

Jarhead93 wrote:<BUZZER> I'm sorry that is not the correct answer. [HINT][HINT][HINT] They recently promoted the defensive backs coach to defensive coordinator, the general manager is a 2x Superbowl Winner, MVP, AND owns several car dealerships, usta wear #7.

:lol: you're too specific with your hints. I can't give any other smart alec answers that might work. Denver it is :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01 ... us-thomas/

JT gonna get the boot!

we knew this day was coming he still hasn't blocked anyone
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)