AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:09 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Mike Klis reporting the same thing...

Yes I got the same news this morning not my #1 pick but I'm a Broncos Fan
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/11 ... nce-joseph
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 pm

If Shanahan doesn't get the Broncos job do you think he takes the 9"er job? I don't think he takes it they are a mess and he's sure to get a better job next season.
The Rams are bringing in McVay for a second visit today that was a job I thought would be of interest to him and they may still bring him in if the Broncos don't hire him but it looks like those two jobs may be gone. Thoughts
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

He'll go to SF next.

I think today is San Diego, tomorrow is SF. But I don't see them allowing McCoy to stay as OC here in SD. May throw a wrench in Joseph's plans :lol:

McCoy pissed off Elway when he left...
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

He'll go to SF next.

I think today is San Diego, tomorrow is SF. But I don't see them allowing McCoy to stay as OC here in SD. May throw a wrench in Joseph's plans :lol:

McCoy pissed off Elway when he left...

Me too :x And his offense wouldn't work with our QB's. Remember he likes to stand at the line and read the defense like Manning did. He had Rivers who could read. If McCoy comes here so will Romo I Think hope he comes cheap.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Hoppy wrote:Me too :x And his offense wouldn't work with our QB's. Remember he likes to stand at the line and read the defense like Manning did. He had Rivers who could read. If McCoy comes here so will Romo I Think hope he comes cheap.

We can't afford a big time QB contract, not with the work that needs to be done on the o-line. A little more depth on the defensive interior would be nice also. I think we can play and win just fine with Siemian if we give him adequate protection and somebody other than Thomas and Sanders to throw to every time. A good TE would be really nice, since it seems the ones we have aren't stepping up much. One that can block would also help to give the run game an extra push.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Me too :x And his offense wouldn't work with our QB's. Remember he likes to stand at the line and read the defense like Manning did. He had Rivers who could read. If McCoy comes here so will Romo I Think hope he comes cheap.

We can't afford a big time QB contract, not with the work that needs to be done on the o-line. A little more depth on the defensive interior would be nice also. I think we can play and win just fine with Siemian if we give him adequate protection and somebody other than Thomas and Sanders to throw to every time. A good TE would be really nice, since it seems the ones we have aren't stepping up much. One that can block would also help to give the run game an extra push.

I could be wrong but Siemian can't play in the Manning type offense that McCoy employs. He has a problem with his second read of defenses. They show him one thing then jump to something else when the ball is snapped. Then he holds the ball that was part of his sacks holding the ball too long. He reads slow and I know that he should get better but he didn't improve at it at all this season. Once Defensive coordinators got some film on him they just shut him down. I believe the last game was the raiders folding to playoff pressure and their QB being out took them out of the game so he looked great. I just can't see him in McCoy's offense doing well. McCoy could change his offense for what he has to deal with like he did with Tebow but I'm sure Joseph if hired will be stressed to win you don't come to Denver and lose and keep your job.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Adam Schefter reports that Joseph's trip to San Diego has been postponed.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Adam Schefter reports that Joseph's trip to San Diego has been postponed.

he's now saying the deal is done
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 pm

a 4 year deal Wade out Joe Woods New DC
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Hoppy wrote:a 4 year deal Wade out Joe Woods New DC

Darn it. Just saw that Elway announced. I miss Wade already.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Musgrave was let go by Oakland so he's coming in for an interview so coordinators may not be in place just yet so lets hold off on the report about Wade although Schefter is reporting he will end up in LA
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Hoppy wrote:Musgrave was let go by Oakland so he's coming in for an interview so coordinators may not be in place just yet so lets hold off on the report about Wade although Schefter is reporting he will end up in LA

I saw that interviews for OCs will be held (Musgrave and McCoy). That may mean they will either keep Wade, or Joseph already knows who he wants and wont interview. I guess that doesn't tell us a whole lot but it's a little something.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Musgrave was let go by Oakland so he's coming in for an interview so coordinators may not be in place just yet so lets hold off on the report about Wade although Schefter is reporting he will end up in LA

I saw that interviews for OCs will be held (Musgrave and McCoy). That may mean they will either keep Wade, or Joseph already knows who he wants and wont interview. I guess that doesn't tell us a whole lot but it's a little something.

I think it's Wade's decision to go. This Joe Woods is Wade's DB coach so they may run the same defense and use Wade's philosophy.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I hope that Joseph decides to keep Wade if for nothing else than that he has experience. Joseph has little as he was a DC for only a single season and now first time HC. Wade on the sidelines makes him better. I could accept McCoy at OC. Gives the sideline more experience and his offense attached. I agree that Siemian may struggle with him though and his style, however, McCoy did a good job changing up offenses for QBs when he was here before. Joseph, McCoy, Wade would be good, we could do much worse.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:57 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I hope that Joseph decides to keep Wade if for nothing else than that he has experience. Joseph has little as he was a DC for only a single season and now first time HC. Wade on the sidelines makes him better. I could accept McCoy at OC. Gives the sideline more experience and his offense attached. I agree that Siemian may struggle with him though and his style, however, McCoy did a good job changing up offenses for QBs when he was here before. Joseph, McCoy, Wade would be good, we could do much worse.

the tweets I reading sounds like Wade is out and Joe Woods is in. All the other defensive coaches are loyal to Wade but are still under contract for another year. Look for Joseph to clean house on the offensive side of the ball and ST will get a new coach with the Running backs coach being the only one to stay. That's not in stone just tweets from insiders talking to eachother. I was always taught the each other was a compound word
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:39 pm

just a thought but Elway got even with Gase today for trying to take CJ Anderson. :evil: Don't cross him
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:42 pm

press conference at noon MT to introduce Joseph. I hope someone asks about Wade.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 am

Hoppy wrote:press conference at noon MT to introduce Joseph. I hope someone asks about Wade.

I can't see a scenario that question is not asked. It has been a big issue since Vance Joseph was first mentioned. Somebody will ask it, probably one of the first questions. I hope they ask Joseph though and not Elway. Elway will say "it's a possibility but we want to leave the new HC with opportunities to build his ideal staff that will lead us to victory" or something like that. We have a better chance of Joseph answering the question flat out.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:31 am

lol, maybe the Chargers can actually sell out this stadium :lol: if not, fans of the teams they are playing shouldn't have a hard time doing so. I guess 30k Bronco or Raiders fans is a lot better than 60k :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cha ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Lol, the new charger's logo sucks. The old simple bolt was worlds better.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cha ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Lol, the new charger's logo sucks. The old simple bolt was worlds better.

That's now the ugliest logo in the NFL...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:11 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Lol, the new charger's logo sucks. The old simple bolt was worlds better.

That's now the ugliest logo in the NFL...lol

:up: :up:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Good news here on Wade's future. Joseph not opposed to keeping Wade, just have to see if it works out.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos ... n-progress
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:49 pm

the jobs keep falling Rams hire McVay don't know if Shanahan will like Buffalo and Not sure Cry baby will like the west coast. Now Our coach said he wants an aggressive offense. What ever that means I think the west coast is out. Lynch was heard to say he just couldn't get Kubiak's offense. I agree if your offense is attacking then your defense isn't. Still wish Jim Haubaugh was in charge here but I didn't want Shanahan. The west coast puts up big numbers but you don't win championships with it anymore. He also said he would be talking with coaches to be coordinators in the next two days or so. he said he hasn't talked with McCoy but plans to as OC. He really didn't say much about Wade. Leads me to think that Wade and John can't get the price together. Why else would Wade not sign before the start of last season when they had contract negotiations. Just a thought. Now Wade has to play second to a man whom he taught. I don't look to see Wade back on the Denver Sideline unless he is made Assistant Head Coach.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 pm

the full press conference today incase you missed it
https://t.co/CF48dPgOQL
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Joseph said he wants a OC who can come up with an offense to fit the players. so McCoy makes sense
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/11 ... oordinator
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:52 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/wat ... li=BBnb7Kz

LOL...Charger fans dump jerseys at headquarters.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:04 am

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/repor ... ike-mccoy/

Broncos finalizing deal with McCoy. I think Wade is interviewing in Washington.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:05 am

Nope....Wade went to the Rams.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)