AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Not only no but hell no!

**Josh McDummy cannot even coach the snow football games that will be played this weekend.

Please no. Vance Joseph #1 Shanny Jr.# 2
Chucky if he would leave the broadcast booth #3
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Lol, yeah the reasoning was that Elway was not part of the organization when McDaniels was here. However, I'm sure that Joe Ellis remembers lol.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Shanahan has eye on the broncos job according to this http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/4/ ... aching-job
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:50 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Lol, yeah the reasoning was that Elway was not part of the organization when McDaniels was here. However, I'm sure that Joe Ellis remembers lol.

:lol: :lol: well I'm sure he may get a look but no invite John replaced him why would they bring him back here even if it's just as a coach.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Lol, yeah the reasoning was that Elway was not part of the organization when McDaniels was here. However, I'm sure that Joe Ellis remembers lol.

:lol: :lol: well I'm sure he may get a look but no invite John replaced him why would they bring him back here even if it's just as a coach.

lol, I seriously doubt he was or is ever going to be considered. The fan base would riot the moment they heard anything about it.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -phillips/

I don't like the sounds of this article.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/report-vance-joseph-wouldnt-keep-wade-phillips/

I don't like the sounds of this article.

Yeah that's no good. I think Elway will pick a HC that will work with the current defensive personnel considering they are the only ones that produced a viable unit this year. If the HC candidates first order of business is to replace Wade, Elway may move on. Elway likes the defense and he has fostered it year after year, I don't think he will want to start over with a new coach there if he doesn't have to.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am

Lol, read the comments at the bottom of the story and most are like "thanks but no thanks Joseph, we'll hire someone else and keep Phillips". Wade has been a great DC and while Joseph may be a better HC than lil' shany, I'd rather have the combo of Shanahan and Phillips than Joseph and whoever he brings.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:22 am

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 0_22894381

I can't imagine Wade taking a job....any job with Cleveland. More Yardbarker drivel.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 am

Interesting, I never had any bad feelings toward McCoy when he was here as OC. I didn't think he was ready for a HC position when he took it. I would still rather have Shanahan and Wade though instead of Joseph and McCoy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nf ... 02xzgumvsc
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Interesting, I never had any bad feelings toward McCoy when he was here as OC. I didn't think he was ready for a HC position when he took it. I would still rather have Shanahan and Wade though instead of Joseph and McCoy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nf ... 02xzgumvsc

Me too.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

Other than the NE-Houston game this week, the pickem is going to be a lot tougher to choose than last week.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:34 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Other than the NE-Houston game this week, the pickem is going to be a lot tougher to choose than last week.

Quite a bit tougher.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:38 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Other than the NE-Houston game this week, the pickem is going to be a lot tougher to choose than last week.

Quite a bit tougher.

Last week I was pretty sure of all the favorites. It was more ranking them for the points. This week half my picks are underdogs, making the points even harder to dole out.

Hey, this was my 666th post!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 pm

McCoy could come back as OC if Joseph is HC
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/9/ ... mike-mccoy
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Hoppy wrote:McCoy could come back as OC if Joseph is HC
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/9/ ... mike-mccoy

I saw that earlier. Not sure how I feel about that.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:30 am

Lol, Fox sports about a year behind the times :lol: read the article then check the date up top :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denv ... -qb-042316
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:34 am

Well today is the day. Denver interviews Joseph. My guess is if we don't get an answer today or tomorrow they are leaning another direction, possibly toward Shanahan.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:46 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Lol, Fox sports about a year behind the times :lol: read the article then check the date up top :lol:

There was one on Yahoo today about the Cowboys and what they are going to do following the 2013 season...huh?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Lol, Fox sports about a year behind the times :lol: read the article then check the date up top :lol:

There was one on Yahoo today about the Cowboys and what they are going to do following the 2013 season...huh?

Lol, nothing new to write about so they recycle the old hoping we don't notice. Honestly the first thing that tipped me off were all the pictures in his college uniform when I opened the article. I thought surely he was on the field enough to get a current picture last season :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well today is the day. Denver interviews Joseph. My guess is if we don't get an answer today or tomorrow they are leaning another direction, possibly toward Shanahan.

I think they will go with Shanahan too. If they don't hire Joseph today or tomorrow Shanny is the one. They have to interview a minority before hiring per league rule and the team that you hire a coach from has to have their season over. Shanahan's team is playing this weekend. so If the Broncos are waiting on him we should know within two day IMO. I don't like the Shanahan hire. But I don't like the west coast offense. Same reason I gave with Kubiak. We don't have the team for the offense. Plus I think it's outdated. Atlanta played well this season but the teams that beat them were all good defensive teams that know the WC offense except the Chargers. who know the offense but their defense isn't up to par yet. They still took them to OT. But Like with Kubiak If the Broncos hire him I'm still a fan of the team. My first pick is still Jim Harbaugh.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Well today is the day. Denver interviews Joseph. My guess is if we don't get an answer today or tomorrow they are leaning another direction, possibly toward Shanahan.

I think they will go with Shanahan too. If they don't hire Joseph today or tomorrow Shanny is the one. They have to interview a minority before hiring per league rule and the team that you hire a coach from has to have their season over. Shanahan's team is playing this weekend. so If the Broncos are waiting on him we should know within two day IMO. I don't like the Shanahan hire. But I don't like the west coast offense. Same reason I gave with Kubiak. We don't have the team for the offense. Plus I think it's outdated. Atlanta played well this season but the teams that beat them were all good defensive teams that know the WC offense except the Chargers. who know the offense but their defense isn't up to par yet. They still took them to OT. But Like with Kubiak If the Broncos hire him I'm still a fan of the team. My first pick is still Jim Harbaugh.

Jim Harbaugh may be a good choice, but is he even an option? I think he's pretty happy where he's at. I also haven't heard any news from Denver saying Elway and Co are looking at him or trying to set something up.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:

He'll go to SF next.

I think today is San Diego, tomorrow is SF. But I don't see them allowing McCoy to stay as OC here in SD. May throw a wrench in Joseph's plans :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 am

Appears it could still go either way...

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_22932799
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:46 am

Well Joseph is back at the Broncos facility today, hasn't left town yet per Ian Rapoport
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 am

Mike Klis reporting the same thing...
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)