AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:35 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:And maybe Oz's attitude is why he didn't get support when he played last year. Nobody seems sorry to see him gone on the team.

I agree Oz's numbers weren't great but he felt he should have had the chance to start. Now what employee do you know that is going to tell his boss that he made a stupid mistake. So you may hear it from players after they leave here but not while they play for John. Jackson said he and Oz would have stayed for less money if Elway had offered them anything. So John never opened the conversation. He instead wanted to see their value on the market and that was the wrong move. Even the CJ move was bad. but that's my opinion and a few others who like me opinion only matters on FB or pages like this.LOL
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:And maybe Oz's attitude is why he didn't get support when he played last year. Nobody seems sorry to see him gone on the team.

I agree Oz's numbers weren't great but he felt he should have had the chance to start. Now what employee do you know that is going to tell his boss that he made a stupid mistake. So you may hear it from players after they leave here but not while they play for John. Jackson said he and Oz would have stayed for less money if Elway had offered them anything. So John never opened the conversation. He instead wanted to see their value on the market and that was the wrong move. Even the CJ move was bad. but that's my opinion and a few others who like me opinion only matters on FB or pages like this.LOL

Elway made some mistakes, all GMs do, but it is his success that overshadows them, not the other way around. I think we will be fine for the future with what we have and we are still returning 9 of 11 starters (plus Roby) on the number 1 defense. Elway has done a good job for the most part of bringing in talent and keeping as much as he can.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Sanchez named starter
https://t.co/4Nba1pE6PI
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Hoppy wrote:Sanchez named starter
https://t.co/4Nba1pE6PI

All three will play I guess.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 am

when do the Broncos just call Ty Sambrailo a bad pick and pay him off and send him on?
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Ty-Sambra ... d-46667924

I know he can play but he can't stay healthy
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:44 pm

All of camp Hillman has been running behind Booker. I noticed that yesterday Hillman ran with the second team and Booker never got on the field with that team. Eric Studesville his position coach says he would play Booker right now http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-R ... w-46687034 I hope this move is to try to trade Hillman to the Bears. If he is on the first or second team we may get more from the Bears.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 am

So now there is talk that Talib could be suspended for 8 games. That sucks. Not sure though if that is only based on if he shot himself. Maybe if he got shot then he gets away free and clear?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Yahoo Pick'em Info:

Name: Swiss Broncos
PW: Millertime
Group ID: 1374
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/8/9/12406620/broncos-fortunate-to-no-longer-have-cocky-brock-osweiler

A take on Oz.

I had said once before what I'm going to say again last time one of the men got mad at me and left. But Oz played well as opposed to Manning. He felt he beat out Peyton and was benched because the offense let him down. So Elway has to save face because he knows he had a bad offseason, and has to see his SB team without a QB to start the season. He says that it was Brock and the Media prints it to stay in good with John and it makes Brock look bad or greedy. Don't fall for the hype. John messed up and the Broncos may suffer for his mess up. No Brock may not be ready but he is better then what we have right now. I think he will be a good QB maybe not right away but before the likes of what we have under center. This city's media will always print what the Broncos want them to.

I'm just going off of what I saw of Oz. anybody was better than Manning was last year but Oz put up mediocre numbers at best. I think Oz will struggle in Houston. The offense there is rebuilding. He Might be a good QB someday but nothing he did in Denver was worth what Houston paid for him. I think Lynch will end up being head and shoulders better than Oz will be in the long run.

:up: 8-) :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:17 pm

FOOTBALL!!! Nice opening drive, overcoming two miscues by the O-line, and my homie Virgil with two big 3rd down conversions. NICE!!! :up: :D :up: Oh. long pass Sanchez to DT after DT left the CB in the dust.
Last edited by IckyIPA on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Wolfe Man and Sting Ray get to Cutler to stop Bears first drive, Barrett right there too :twisted:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Sanchez pass tipped and picked on 2nd drive. Looked weak on a bootleg, had Fowler open for a big gain and couldn't get enough mustard on the designed roll out.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Tj delayed blitz gets Cutker again, ending drive and erasing the turnover
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:20 pm

I heard Fowler was a special teams beast, well, yes, yes he is. Nice punt block, and a good heads up by Watson to track it to the end zone. Crick was unblockable on that drive, looks very very good
Last edited by IckyIPA on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:39 pm

Nice first half. Siemian was pedestrian, but showed good poise and escapability. He looked much more crisp than Sanchez. I see what they mean about his good decision making.Booker made a couple of decent runs, very slippery and down hill runner, Hillman was best at hitting the holes. Vonterius Dora was a stud at backup OLB, dude was every where and in on two of the five first half sacks. Crick was the stand out on the D and Gostis played solid. Unbelievable, how deep we are on D. Can't wait to see Paxton in the second half.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:04 pm

We look good with our defense and that was our second string Cody is getting a long look and playing well I think we will run the ball more I hope in the season. This OL isn't our starters so we should get better once they return. Good game for our first 2 units. What I've seen of the rookie QB is what we expect of a rookie so far but the 3rd isn't over yet.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Hoppy wrote:We look good with our defense and that was our second string Cody is getting a long look and playing well I think we will run the ball more I hope in the season. This OL isn't our starters so we should get better once they return. Good game for our first 2 units. What I've seen of the rookie QB is what we expect of a rookie so far but the 3rd isn't over yet.

That was gonna be my next post. Hop is right, Latimer looking good out of Peyton's dog house. :)
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/six ... g-thursday’s-preseason-action/ar-BBvxY4X?li=BBnb7Kz

MSN article talking about Latimer and others.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/six-nfl-players-who-shined-during-thursday’s-preseason-action/ar-BBvxY4X?li=BBnb7Kz

MSN article talking about Latimer and others.

Only linked half the link, have to copy and paste the entire line in
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Mile high report's five things we learned last night
http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/8/12 ... ve-learned
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Well, it's slowed down to less than a trickle in here. I have signed up for Spring's pick'em and Ute's FFL. Just wondering if anyone else is going to bother this year. Ute, TJ and Babe have expressed interest, have you heard from anyone else? I was hoping it would pick back up in here with the season getting going, but I only see 3 game related posts other than my own. I will be checking in for signs of life, but it's getting to be a waste of time anymore.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:55 am

IckyIPA wrote:Well, it's slowed down to less than a trickle in here. I have signed up for Spring's pick'em and Ute's FFL. Just wondering if anyone else is going to bother this year. Ute, TJ and Babe have expressed interest, have you heard from anyone else? I was hoping it would pick back up in here with the season getting going, but I only see 3 game related posts other than my own. I will be checking in for signs of life, but it's getting to be a waste of time anymore.

I'm going to go over to OrangeMane to see if DB and Yi are playing. Also I'll check with Rich and see if he is. I know my son in law is playing but it's been quiet otherwise. I need to sign up on Spring's pick em as well.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:35 am

Hey All! (With a special shout out to Utah!)

I don't know if the Dolphins v. Giants game this past Friday was televised Nationally--but I thought it was really clever of our new head coach to bring in ringers for the second half to make the Fins look like they could play lol. I however am not fooled by the act. To me it looks like it's going to be another long year for my Fins.
I thought I would never say this, but I think if this folly continues this season I will finally let my tickets go... I am so frustrated and don't havethe patience to sit in the heat of that stadium (even with the new cover for which we have already lost two preseason home games and we're still concerned as to whether it will be open for the first regular season game. (Have I ever mentioned how very much I hate Ross???
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:39 am

Hey ck! I'd wait until the regular season to pass judgement. Preseason games all tend to be a farce every year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:53 am

CK, you are more than welcome to join the pickem league over on Yahoo as well. And don't worry, we won't hold it against you if you don't pick your fins every week!
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:53 am

Here's the info again!

Yahoo Pick'em Info:

Name: Swiss Broncos
PW: Millertime
Group ID: 1374
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:55 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:CK, you are more than welcome to join the pickem league over on Yahoo as well. And don't worry, we won't hold it against you if you don't pick your fins every week!

I signed up.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:58 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:CK, you are more than welcome to join the pickem league over on Yahoo as well. And don't worry, we won't hold it against you if you don't pick your fins every week!

I signed up.

Awesome!
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)