AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Miller's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the 4th? I think the refs needed to feel the room and see that it was meant as a joke between two players who had been joking together all game. This doesn't mean that Miller is without blame, he should be more aware and careful, as he said in his interview afterwards, but I think the refs went too far calling the penalty. Both players were laughing and smiling when it happened and you can see Taylor pointing and smiling at Miller as if he was saying "you got me!". Then the flag flew in immediately. I didn't interpret Taylor's body language as begging for the foul, I don't think he had anything to do with it, and you can't expect him to plead Miller's case to the ref when it literally closed the game for Denver. Miller said it best when he said that he teaches the younger players to be heads up and careful about how they act on the field and he went out and did the very thing he cautions them against. He knows he shouldn't have done that and I respect him more for taking the responsibility with no excuses. I still think the refs overstepped though.

---------------
I agree with you Springs,

While I personally thought that Miller was obviously joking, the ref's didn't seem to think so.
I do also agree with Miller with him taking responsibility for his actions. I know that it didn't help our game, which extended a drive and allow Buffalo to score. What I saw was 2 unacceptable interceptions that both led to scores from Trevor.

He has enough talent to know that we were out of field goal range, why not throw the ball out of bounds and kick the punt?
the second pick was worse than the 1st. I think he WAS trying to throw it away but the ball didn't have any zip.
What I saw was a team that seem to be looking past their present opponent and looking forward to playing Oakland.
While I too am looking for that match-up I know that you NEVER look past who you are playing now. This game could seriously impact our playoff seeding should we get there. I saw a team that didn't seem to have that same fire as they did against Dallas.
You know, it looked like someone is starting to listen to their own press releases.
Time to go back to not talking to the media, unless we have to by league rules.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:57 am

I think we would have been in better shape against the Raiders if we won the Bills game. I know that may seem obvious, but the Raider game I didn't feel was one we had to win if we beat the Bills. Now we HAVE to win it. Division games are always important and now with us both having the same record going into the game, we can't afford to fall another game behind in this division. The Chiefs are up front by themselves now and we can't end up behind both of these teams. I don't think 3 teams from this division will make the playoffs this year, I see 2 tops. Denver needs to pull themselves together now and go crush the Raiders and send a message to the Chiefs that they are coming.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 pm

The unsportsman like flag should've been picked up once the ref saw they were joking with each other about it. Calling that unsportsmanlike, is the same as calling a slap to the QBs behind after a play, a late hit! Doesn't make sense, and the ref should have realized it.
Referee should've got on the mic and said,
There was no foul for unsportsmanlike conduct on the play, the Quarterback thought it was funny.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:20 am

IckyIPA wrote:There was no foul for unsportsmanlike conduct on the play, the Quarterback thought it was funny.

Hahaha :lol: I guess they were joking with each other the whole game. The ref should have read the room better. You could tell Miller wasn't being malicious. Even the hit, he pulled back a little once the ball came out. He's a good guy who has made it a point to respect his fellow players. Just a bummer that single penalty had such big implications. Were the Broncos probably going to lose anyways? Most likely, but the bogus penalty kept us from finding out.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:There was no foul for unsportsmanlike conduct on the play, the Quarterback thought it was funny.

Hahaha :lol: I guess they were joking with each other the whole game. The ref should have read the room better. You could tell Miller wasn't being malicious. Even the hit, he pulled back a little once the ball came out. He's a good guy who has made it a point to respect his fellow players. Just a bummer that single penalty had such big implications. Were the Broncos probably going to lose anyways? Most likely, but the bogus penalty kept us from finding out.

I agree, what I say was a team that was "loafing" they didn't take Buffalo seriously.
They are a well coached and talented team. What I think happened is the 10 points that Trevor gave them on the interceptions and the score they made off the Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty really doomed us. Both of the interceptions killed drives. We didn't look as "Crisp or sharp" like we did against Dallas.
and once again for the Record: As a Veteran, I am insulted by those who chose to SIT DOWN during the national anthem. I am not fond of the kneeling, But I do agree with their right to express their opinion. As employees of the Denver Broncos, they could have been fined, however, Mr. Ellis showed that he supported the players and their demonstrations. I just read an article about fans being upset about the kneeling. And some of these fans shredding their broncos gear.

I am a FAN, I don't like that politics has become a part of the game. But it is. I don't agree with sitting during the National Anthem, not a fan of the kneeling, BUT, I know people who have lost their lives for the freedoms these men enjoy. I was especially proud of Mr. Villanueva.

I liked that the entire team stayed together in the Locker room minus Villanueva.

I agree with Coach Joseph. Let's play football, leave the Politics to the outside of the stadium.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 am

Yeah the displays during the Anthem irk me. Kneeling is MUCH better than sitting there looking disinterested, but I still don't like the timing. I think Dallas did it one better by kneeling beforehand together and then standing for the Anthem. Personally I think if they want to go out and support the cause, make commercials and do whatever that's fine with me, but when you're on the field, play football and respect the flag and country that allows you to do so. Yes I know, everyone has freedom of speech, but why should that outweigh courtesy and respect? Have your platform, but use it at a more appropriate time.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

Big Ben ticking me off a little here. Complaining he didn't like that his team skipped the Anthem and stayed in the tunnel. If he felt so strongly he should have been standing there beside Villanueva who ended up outside the tunnel, with his hand on his heart, all by himself. I don't think he cared he was by himself at all, I haven't seen anything saying he has complained, but he should have had support if Roethlisberger really feels the way he says he does.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ben ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Hey Hoppy...was thinking about writing a book....can you help...it's about a Pirate (Raider) taming a donkey (bronco).....

Hope you are well, and Tyler too.....as well as the rest of your family.....miss our debates :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks like Charles Woodson...GOAT riding a donkey...no?
Attachments
funny-goat-standing-donkey-back-farm1.jpg
funny-goat-standing-donkey-back-farm1.jpg (153.23 KiB) Viewed 14738 times
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:

Vonn should be suspended for 4 games for that punk ass move...that joke is 50 years old......JK.... Springs,,,,now you know how us Raider fans feel, with those bogus ass calls...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:58 pm

R8der113 wrote: Springs,,,,now you know how us Raider fans feel, with those bogus ass calls...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol, I was laughing when it happened, thought it was hilarious and good to see two opponents poking fun at each other, then the flags flew and I was pissed :lol: I would like to hear a statement from the officiating crew or their representatives saying it was a misunderstanding, but I doubt they will every admit they made a mistake on something like that. I think it would show character and that they care, and they would think it would show a weakness and that every bad call would then deserve a statement after the fact.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Former Broncos Coach Red Miller passed away this morning. First coach to take us to the Super Bowl.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/for ... li=BBnbfcL
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Former Broncos Coach Red Miller passed away this morning. First coach to take us to the Super Bowl.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/for ... li=BBnbfcL

sorry for your loss .....we always remember our first :up:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Sorry Springs...had to leave one 8-)
Attachments
59599764228bb481da7045e526ff0280--auburn-football-auburn-tigers.jpg
59599764228bb481da7045e526ff0280--auburn-football-auburn-tigers.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 14732 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Gotta knock that junk down the page where I can't see it :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Almost there...
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:25 pm

one more...
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Done! :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:01 pm

raider fan son and my grand daughter who is a Broncos fan
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 782&type=3

Just so rich knows I have one raider fan I have to talk to so I will not post to you until after the Broncos Kick that A$$. I don't think my Cards will win but we are still there again this season. It's good to be a Baseball Cardinal Fan. Enjoy the game
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am

Hoppy wrote:raider fan son and my grand daughter who is a Broncos fan

Just so rich knows I have one raider fan I have to talk to so I will not post to you until after the Broncos Kick that A$$. I don't think my Cards will win but we are still there again this season. It's good to be a Baseball Cardinal Fan. Enjoy the game

At least one of your offspring has the right idea!

You have a beautiful granddaughter Hop!

make sure you spoil her accordingly
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:01 am

Hoppy wrote:raider fan son and my grand daughter who is a Broncos fan

There you are....great pic too. Tyler looks like a fine young man, and well dressed too. Grand daughter is a cutie, glad , she's not dressed in that silly orange color. They must take after your wife.
Yeah, Bucs put a nail in the carbs coffin...couldn't happen to a nicer team. 8-)
Enjoy the game...and hopefully Tyler comes out on top. Wife says hello, she asked what AVI you are using now, that the human bobble-head retired...I told her you were thinking of Khalil Mack :o :lol:
By the way, that BCF (baseball carbs fan)...sounds like an STD...I'd get that checked out

Nice seeing you Jarhead...hope all is well...enjoy the game...should be a good one
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Well Raider, you're going to have to wait to get us until later in the year. I hope Carr isn't out too long, well a little part of me does, lol, as long as it's nothing major :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:08 pm

I have mixed emotions about our win yesterday. We had a great first Quarter the rest of the game was bad real bad Offensively that is. Defense was great as always. We need to work on the red zone offense on the bye week. we should have blown the Raiders out but Field goals don't blow teams out. QB play is still a problem if you ask me. The kid is getting better but he makes too many mistakes. we've been lucky so far but if anyone had told me we would be 3-1 at the bye with wins over the Cowboys or and the Raiders I would have said great so GREAT Keep it going.

Rich I was excited to see the Cardinals still in it as late as they were. I gave up on them months ago. Still not a Rockies fan would like to see them go far for the city but Go Tribe. The Cubs won one hell is frosted over anyways. :lol: Only why throw stones at me when the Jolly Rodger was flying over a glass house way before they eliminated the Red Birds. But Your remark made the beat down Sunday feel much better. :roll: :roll:

Let your wife know I will be going blank for the year and will be here less as I said my publicist has told me to get off social media. They want to take over all my accounts so I'm not tweeting out stupid stuff that could hurt book sales. I told them that my friends won't know me if I'm not saying stupid stuff. I decided to Keep trying to win the pick em but I'm not doing so well over there. My book is to be released this month.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:40 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well Raider, you're going to have to wait to get us until later in the year. I hope Carr isn't out too long, well a little part of me does, lol, as long as it's nothing major :lol:

Thanks Springs....we'll see you in November.

Youse guys were the better team on Sunday....ugghhh :evil:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:49 am

Hoppy wrote:I have mixed emotions about our win yesterday. We had a great first Quarter the rest of the game was bad real bad Offensively that is. Defense was great as always. We need to work on the red zone offense on the bye week. we should have blown the Raiders out but Field goals don't blow teams out. QB play is still a problem if you ask me. The kid is getting better but he makes too many mistakes. we've been lucky so far but if anyone had told me we would be 3-1 at the bye with wins over the Cowboys or and the Raiders I would have said great so GREAT Keep it going.

Rich I was excited to see the Cardinals still in it as late as they were. I gave up on them months ago. Still not a Rockies fan would like to see them go far for the city but Go Tribe. The Cubs won one hell is frosted over anyways. :lol: Only why throw stones at me when the Jolly Rodger was flying over a glass house way before they eliminated the Red Birds. But Your remark made the beat down Sunday feel much better. :roll: :roll:

Let your wife know I will be going blank for the year and will be here less as I said my publicist has told me to get off social media. They want to take over all my accounts so I'm not tweeting out stupid stuff that could hurt book sales. I told them that my friends won't know me if I'm not saying stupid stuff. I decided to Keep trying to win the pick em but I'm not doing so well over there. My book is to be released this month.

You say something stupid,,,no way....LOL...it's what we do Bro...Like when Ex said..."we got this"...and I named kicks.. Nostradogmus.

I throw stones all the time...keeps my arm limber...incase I get that call up...been waiting for 40 years, but I'll never give up...baseball was my best sport.

Always thought you were blank sometimes, but listening to someone else...that's news to me...Hoppy taking advice...must be the end of times...you can use that in your next book.....all kidding aside...GOOD LUCK with the sales

And...mmmmm....Nice win.....just threw up in my mouth :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:27 am

I hate knowing the last unbeaten team is the chefs. :x
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 am

And what it going on the in the AFC East!! :lol: Pats looking vulnerable this year. :up:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Hoppy....give me these publicists names and numbers.....I can't take it.....do I have to buy or sell a thousand books to get the real Hoppy back....Jeebus give me Tyler at least :roll: :roll: :roll:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:And what it going on the in the AFC East!! :lol: Pats looking vulnerable this year. :up:

Thank God......cheats :twisted:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Nice clip on the run D. Check the one minute mark, on a one yard Lynch run, Wolfe Peko and Gotsis are all three in on the tackle simultaneously. They dispatch the Oakland O-line like they were standing still. Then on the 4th and 1 run, watch them beat up the line and Lynch. Totally man handled them.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia ... b6bcdd05f9
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 am

IckyIPA wrote:Nice clip on the run D. Check the one minute mark, on a one yard Lynch run, Wolfe Peko and Gotsis are all three in on the tackle simultaneously. They dispatch the Oakland O-line like they were standing still. Then on the 4th and 1 run, watch them beat up the line and Lynch. Totally man handled them.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia ... b6bcdd05f9

I was telling people before the preseason that the d-line was going to be nasty this year, they've exceeded my expectations thus far. We went from bottom of the barrel in run d to number 1 through 4 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if we are still at the top after the bye since we lead in yards per game by such a good margin. I have really enjoyed Peko and Wolfe in particular. Those guys are fun to watch and you can tell they feed off each other's energy. I don't see the Giants having a good game against us in a couple weeks. They already struggle to run and our secondary is still top notch with Harris Jr, Talib and Roby. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Talib's last year and Roby takes his place. The kid is really good and QBs that test him find out.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)