AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:44 am

Doesn't mean much, by Denver graded out pretty good at the quarter mark. A-, a lot better than some of us were expecting given our struggles at the end of last season. I saw us going into the bye at 1-4 as a real possibility. Ironically, the Bills are the game I figured we would win :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/gra ... I#image=11
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Denver's front 7 new name is fitting.
https://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos- ... s108492863
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Hoppy wrote:Denver's front 7 new name is fitting.
https://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos- ... s108492863

Ground Control - I like that :up:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Now we need a picture with the front 7 down below with "Ground Control" in the grass, and the secondary above them with "No Fly Zone" in the sky, with mountains and an orange sunset in the background. Too bad I'm no good with photoshop :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am

Two Denver studs predicted for this week...

Mr CJ Anderson
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pr ... 9I#image=2

Mr Chris Harris Jr
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pr ... I#image=10
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:40 pm

coach Joseph think lynch could go under knife
https://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Vance-Jo ... s108831522
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I know there is a lot of hype about how easily we will handle New York tomorrow night, but remember, the lowly Giants have been this low in the pile before and still knocked us off our perch. However, these Giants are about to run into a buzz saw that not many teams have faced in the past. Denver has 3 tough road games after this, and are not going to take this game for granted.
Eli Manning is in big trouble if he plans on trying an aerial assault in the heavily armed "No Fly Zone". His only hope is, if he can send in his infantry and try and run well enough to open up some sectors. The problem there is, the "Ground Control" is just as weaponized as the "NFZ". I know that the "GC" consists of the front seven, but on it's flanks are a few secret weapons. Let's call them, the "Strike Force". It consists of a platoon of Von Miller, Shaq Barret, Shane Ray, and DeMarcus Walker. You can count on them to attack in an all out preemptive strike, and support the "GC" from the edges.
The "NFZ", "GC", and "SF" will need time to reload and refuel.
That's where the "Carrier Group" comes in. CJ Anderson, Jamaal Charles, Devontae Booker, and DeAngelo Henderson are the Battle ships and Destroyers of the "CG" and will launch volley after volley, exploding through the enemy defenses. That will set up the "Air Raid" Piloted by Trevor Siemian, Demaryus Thomas, Emanuel Sanders, Bennie "The Jet" Fowler, Jordan Taylor, and Isaiah McKenzie. There is also the close ground support of the "A-10 Warthogs" Virgil Green, AJ Derby, and Jeff Heuerman, that will be helping to move the front lines forward. Speaking of front lines, let's not forget about the boys on "The Front". Matt Paradis, Garret Bolles, Menalik Watson, Ron Leary, Max Garcia, and Allen Barbre will be blowing holes through the defense and providing time for the "AR" and the "A-10s" to get off the deck.
The bottom line is, The Giants are about to face one of the most lethal opponents on the planet.
OFFENSE:
The Front
Air Raid
A-10 Warthogs
Carrier Group
DEFENSE:
The No fly Zone
Ground Control
Strike Force
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Just a fly by . I'm watching the Raiders and Flipping to the Chiefs. Not liking what I see in the Chief game they don't have a first down at the time I wrote this and I hate to say it but I picked them to win but ..... Go Steelers !!!!!!! They just can't seem to put them away It's just before Half
sorry pickem I just have to go with the heart on Sundays
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Dream scenario comes true. Chokeland and the Chorfs both lose. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now for the third part on Thursday, Faiders beat Gay C and we start to run away with this bugger. :up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 am

What a pathetic performance by Denver. Oakland and Chiefs both lose to give us a hand and we turn around and lay an egg against the winless Giants. 46 yards on the ground and the number 1 run D allowed 146. Just pathetic.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:What a pathetic performance by Denver. Oakland and Chiefs both lose to give us a hand and we turn around and lay an egg against the winless Giants. 46 yards on the ground and the number 1 run D allowed 146. Just pathetic.

Springs,

my dear friend, I am afraid we need to redefine pathetic. What I saw yesterday afternoon needed a different word to describe it.
I'm thinking disgusting is closer to the truth. As a coach, I would be in the locker room after that game and the question, "What the "F" was that?"

because, I personally have seen high school game 3rd string players that looked better than that, teams we are SUPPOSED to roll over, seems we take them for granted and BOOM! we lose. Buffalo for example?

A good team that had a few bad rolls of injuries and so forth. Doesn't make them weak, just unfortunate. What I saw last night was a debacle.
Best run defense gashed by a LOOOOOONG run.
Best pass defenders getting juked out of position by Eli?

I don't even know if Von managed to get to him, I don't think so based on what I saw.

Pitiful excuse for professional football is what I define it as.

Coach, back to FUNDAMENTALS. BLOCKING, TACKLING, RUNNING, CATCHING etc.

hands mike to Springs, here you go man, I'm through for now.

Jarhead out
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Jarhead, we had 3 sacks on Eli, Miller was one of them, but doesn't look like he accomplished much else. Also doesn't help that we missed 2 FGs.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:07 pm

this says it all. Everything I've said before in print
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/10/ ... s#comments
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 am

Hoppy wrote:this says it all. Everything I've said before in print

Hop, you're not doing what your publisher told you :lol: anyways, that article sums it up pretty good. That performance was nothing less than sickening given what we know they are capable of. I know the issue with Siemian, it's been there 2 years, but do we have a better option? Would Oz be any better? Lynch?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:21 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:this says it all. Everything I've said before in print

Hop, you're not doing what your publisher told you :lol: anyways, that article sums it up pretty good. That performance was nothing less than sickening given what we know they are capable of. I know the issue with Siemian, it's been there 2 years, but do we have a better option? Would Oz be any better? Lynch?

I'm not sure that Siemian is the answer. I am really not sure that Lynch is either. I know for sure that OZ definitely is not the answer.
I wonder if Mr. Elway would consider reaching out to Mike Vick or try to lure Romo out of the broadcast booth.
Or calling Mr. Kaepernick, Mr. Kaepernick to the white paging telephone...
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am

Jarhead93 wrote:**
I'm not sure that Siemian is the answer. I am really not sure that Lynch is either. I know for sure that OZ definitely is not the answer.
I wonder if Mr. Elway would consider reaching out to Mike Vick or try to lure Romo out of the broadcast booth.

Yeah I'm not sure the answer for QB is on our roster. I'm not sure he is available in free agency either. We are kind of stuck with what we have right now. Vick is done, has been for years. He was never the same after coming back from prison. Kap is too busy black balling himself by filing charges against the NFL for collusion and not showing up to a meeting he was formally invited to, to discuss the very cause that seemed so important to him last year. I'm not really sure on Romo. I think he can still play, but at what level. I guess the bar isn't set that high by the current Denver QBs.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:41 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:**

Yeah I'm not sure the answer for QB is on our roster. I'm not sure he is available in free agency either. We are kind of stuck with what we have right now. Vick is done, has been for years. He was never the same after coming back from prison. Kap is too busy black balling himself by filing charges against the NFL for collusion and not showing up to a meeting he was formally invited to, to discuss the very cause that seemed so important to him last year. I'm not really sure on Romo. I think he can still play, but at what level. I guess the bar isn't set that high by the current Denver QBs.

Kaepernick was not invited to the meetings by the owners and so he didn't attend. The owners said he had nothing to say. Kaep was 10 minutes away and if they wanted to call him he was ready to go. The owners told him he had nothing to say. People want to keep this thing going like a tug of war but Kaepernick has every right to go after the NFL. I've always said there was collusion and Kaepernick's lawyer said he has someone who will prove it for him. This would void the contract between the NFL and the NFLPA sending the players on strike. If and when Kaep wins he will also be paid damages. The owners would have found it cheaper to hire him and just not play him. They all could have chipped in and paid his contract.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:49 am

Kap didn't go because he never cared about the protest in the first place. It was a face saving excuse, probably created by his agent, for being caught on camera lounging on the bench during the anthem. This story, meant to save him, ended up blowing up in his face and becoming a bigger deal then he ever imagined. I think it distracted him from his games and hurt his performance. He opted out of his contract and nobody wants him so his feelings are hurt. Everyone excepted Tebow not being signed because of the circus of crazy fans and media around him. People need to accept this one too. Kap isn't worth the trouble. He isn't good enough on the field to justify everything else that is going to come with him. That's not collusion, that's business.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:13 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Kap didn't go because he never cared about the protest in the first place. It was a face saving excuse, probably created by his agent, for being caught on camera lounging on the bench during the anthem. This story, meant to save him, ended up blowing up in his face and becoming a bigger deal then he ever imagined. I think it distracted him from his games and hurt his performance. He opted out of his contract and nobody wants him so his feelings are hurt. Everyone excepted Tebow not being signed because of the circus of crazy fans and media around him. People need to accept this one too. Kap isn't worth the trouble. He isn't good enough on the field to justify everything else that is going to come with him. That's not collusion, that's business.

Best take on the subject I've heard yet, Springs. It falls pretty much in line with my thinking. Collusion? Yeah right! You got 32 of the biggest egos in business, and someone is gonna tell me they all met in a corner and said, Let's screw Kaepernik. The only thing that these owners have in common is, good business sense. The overhead and liability are too pricey for the product, and that there, makes it good business sense not to invest into this endeavour. :o
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:23 am

2 weeks 2 pathetic showings. The defense can't do it all. The offense is inept. I say put Lynch in at this point. See what he can do with the extra reps. Siemian isn't getting any better.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 am

Lol, just realized i forgot to switch my Denver pick when I imported it from my other league. :lol: guess it worked out :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 am

The last time the Broncos were shutout was in 1992, almost 25 years, hmmm, lets see, Elway played for 16, Cutler played for who knows, Plummer did something useful, Griese was a clutz, and now we give up 6 turnovers in 2 games, Yeah, I'd say anybody we can get has gotta be better than Siemian. Well, maybe not, that is IF we can find somebody who knows how to freakin' block.

I was on the road, so I didn't see most of the game, what I did see in the 4th Quarter when we finally did have a drive going, we coughed sputtered and had 3 or so penalties that pushed us out of field goal range. I have no answers. I'm just a fan.

I'm with Springs, if Lynch is healthy we gotta get him out there. Or who was that 3rd String guy? Oh, yeah Storkweiler.

No. Please anyone but him. He is another Siemian, just taller.

Let's pray we figure out how to play against KC & NE or we are going to move up in our draft selection position.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 am

With all the QB gurus in Denver right now you would think we could get one of these guys to work for us. Siemian has played past everyones expectations. You can't fault him much, he has just reached his limit which isn't as high as other guys. It's not like we have a guy with Manning's talent out there stinking it up. We need someone with a higher ceiling who is at least going in the right direction. Elway needs to find a QB, and fast.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:34 am

Crazy, stupid list. Denver has the number 2 rushing defense and number 6 passing defense, resulting in the NUMBER 1 total defense, and isn't mentioned anywhere on this list of top 10 defenses. All this despite being on the field constantly because our offense can't keep a drive going, score points or avoid turning the ball over. I get that Denver sucks right now, but their defense is still a top tier unit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ra ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 am

Some decent names on this list of potential FA QBs next offseason. Brees, Cousins, Garoppolo, Bradford and Cutler. Of those on the list, I think Cousins would be the most likely. Bradford and Cutler are pretty much done. Bradford can't stay healthy and Cutler's performance is going down further and further. I still feel Garoppolo is unproven and not worth a big investment. I don't see Brees leaving NO, and if they move on without him, he may just retire. He's got nothing left to prove. Cousins I see as the best bet. He has been doing well the last couple years and Washington has tagged him two years in a row now. He will likely want to move on from that and Elway is good at sweet talking. Elway has missed more often in the draft than I would like, but he does pretty good in free agency. We get a lot of talent in here on good deals.

All that to say, if I had to choose from this list, it would be Cousins. Brees would be awesome and probably bring in other players the way Manning coming here did, but I don't see much chance of that happening.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/10 ... k-cousins/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 am

Of course, 1 game out from a perfect week in pickem, and Denver still has to play, the chiefs. I guess a perfect week can wait until one where Denver is more likely to win. At least I only picked them with 1 point lol
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Of course, 1 game out from a perfect week in pickem, and Denver still has to play, the chiefs. I guess a perfect week can wait until one where Denver is more likely to win. At least I only picked them with 1 point lol

I think we need to fire our entire offensive line!
What the "F" word was that? F= Frankenstein <monstrously bad> Halloween reference yuk yuk.
anyway I basically stopped watching when Trevor through the 1st pick, I knew we cannot win from behind and our drives when they are somewhat kinda sorta maybe consistent cough, sputter and die within the red zone, and then WHAT IN THE NAME of <insert hall of fame reference> is up with the frickin' penalties?

Somebody, Mr. Elway? Dude, you gotta get us a new offensive line, everybody but Paradis is fired, trade these bums, somebody has to have a viable player somewhere?

Oh, by the way, I was thoroughly disappointed in that pitiful display of professional football last night. I might need to watch Netflix instead.

<SHEESH!>
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 am

Jarhead93 wrote: I might need to watch Netflix instead.

<SHEESH!>

I did watch netflix instead, and I let my wife pick :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 am

I can't believe that Oz would be much worse than what we saw last night. That was just awful. Heck, Kelly with his injury would probably be better. A change needs to be made after that. Siemian lost his shot and needs to be benched.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Looks like Oz gets the nod this week.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ap- ... ler-110117
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)