AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:10 pm

We just need to not make any turnovers and eat up the clock.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm getting thrashed in my pickems.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Weather delay with 6 - 7 minutes to go. Hopefully they are able to get playing again soon.

How about the Bills shutting out the Pats?...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Two weeks in a row for weather delays in Tanpa......plus they have trouble winning at home. Maybe they should play all 16 games on the road....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:57 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Two weeks in a row for weather delays in Tanpa......plus they have trouble winning at home. Maybe they should play all 16 games on the road....lol

UTAH.....you want to trade Carr?
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Howdy folks...hope all is well.....that black thing behind youse guys...is us Raiders...we coming for youse broncos :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice win in the muck in Tampa though :D
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Sorry Hoppy...no Bucs or carbs this year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Hoppy wrote:oh may I guess I'm not any comp in the pickum. Never could get the heart out of the picks. Missed 7 before the night game and this was going to be my comeback week

You're just slow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:11 pm

We win. 4-0
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:11 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Two weeks in a row for weather delays in Tanpa......plus they have trouble winning at home. Maybe they should play all 16 games on the road....lol

Nope.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:27 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Nope.

Guess I'll have to wait for you to cut him...like last year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How's things
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:49 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm getting thrashed in my pickems.

looks like we all did it come down to the game tonight.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:51 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm getting thrashed in my pickems.

we all did it will come down to the game tonight
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:54 am

R8der113 wrote:Sorry Hoppy...no Bucs or carbs this year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those dodgers tanked it this last weekend. I think they were scared to play the cards in the playoffs. We needed a rest come back next season I guess I could pull for the cubs
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Nope.

Guess I'll have to wait for you to cut him...like last year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How's things

Things are going well.

And I'm not cutting Carr.....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Sorry Hoppy...no Bucs or carbs this year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those dodgers tanked it this last weekend. I think they were scared to play the cards in the playoffs. We needed a rest come back next season I guess I could pull for the cubs

I am pulling for the Cubs. The Cubs are always my sympathetic pick every season and I don't like baseball all that much.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 am

Howdy everyone! Wow! How ‘bout them Broncos? 4-0. The only undefeated team left in the AFC. Both of our QB’s look pretty good. Lynch looks like he will be “the man” behind center someday.

The Pats got their clocked cleaned. WOW!!! Shut out. I didn’t even remember the last time the Broncos were shut out. I had to look it up. They have the longest active streak of not being shut out in the NFL. Last time was 1992. 24 years ago. Amazing. The Chiefs looked horrid. When the Steelers got thumped by the Eagles, I remember saying that the next team would pay for that. Then I saw that the Chiefs were the next team up for them. And the Steelers did not disappoint.

Almost every power ranking has us at #1. And for good reason. Rich – your Raiders look to be the real deal. I think they are probably the second best team in the AFC. (Barfs in mouth a little). Lol

Hope everyone is doing great. GO BRONCOS!!!!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:27 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I am pulling for the Cubs. The Cubs are always my sympathetic pick every season and I don't like baseball all that much.

I am pulling for the Cubs as well. I am a Red Sox fan, so I am a bit conflicted because its Big Papi's final hurrah. But the Cubs have suffered for so long, I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:32 am

:up:
kicks wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I am pulling for the Cubs as well. I am a Red Sox fan, so I am a bit conflicted because its Big Papi's final hurrah. But the Cubs have suffered for so long, I wouldn't mind seeing them win it all.

:up: :up: :up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:17 pm

kicks wrote:
Almost every power ranking has us at #1. And for good reason. Rich – your Raiders look to be the real deal. I think they are probably the second best team in the AFC. (Barfs in mouth a little). Lol

Hope everyone is doing great. GO BRONCOS!!!!

Not sure if 2nd best but top 5 I'm thinking. The Pats are still up there and with Brady coming back that will help a lot. Steelers are still dangerous as well. And never count out the Chargers, the ball has to bounce their way eventually :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:47 pm

So funny story, my wife (chargers fan) and I are watching the San Diego game and they just score to go up 13. She tells me "now watch this, they're going to lose". next two series we know what happened lol. So on the final series I tell her that the first play Rivers is going to try and lob it for a long gain, and he will also throw an interception on the series, bringing his streak to an end and sealing the loss. First play right before Rivers is about to bomb it down field SACK! Then a little later, INTERCEPTION. Rivers, the chargers, their play calling and mistakes are all so predictable its sad :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:54 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667619-aqib-talib-reportedly-found-to-have-shot-himself-by-dallas-police-investigation?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Uh oh.........

Yeah, joker did shoot himself. I thought the NFL said they wouldn't pursue any actions, I guess that may change now. He will be a hard loss for what will probably be 4 games. Having 3 good corner backs is what helps make this system work so well.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:54 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667619-aqib-talib-reportedly-found-to-have-shot-himself-by-dallas-police-investigation?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Uh oh.........

Yeah, joker did shoot himself. I thought the NFL said they wouldn't pursue any actions, I guess that may change now. He will be a hard loss for what will probably be 4 games. Having 3 good corner backs is what helps make this system work so well.

hope we can get past this week before they suspend. Jones will be our biggest challenge for a while and we can use him this weekend. We will have the chargers twice the raiders and the Texans. after that. This could be a blessing that it came out now not later
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Uh oh.........

hope we can get past this week before they suspend. Jones will be our biggest challenge for a while and we can use him this weekend. We will have the chargers twice the raiders and the Texans. after that. This could be a blessing that it came out now not later

True, if anything, I see 4 games. SD, Hou, SD, Oak would be the best stretch for us.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:54 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:So funny story, my wife (chargers fan) and I are watching the San Diego game and they just score to go up 13. She tells me "now watch this, they're going to lose". next two series we know what happened lol. So on the final series I tell her that the first play Rivers is going to try and lob it for a long gain, and he will also throw an interception on the series, bringing his streak to an end and sealing the loss. First play right before Rivers is about to bomb it down field SACK! Then a little later, INTERCEPTION. Rivers, the chargers, their play calling and mistakes are all so predictable its sad :lol:

Howdy all.
Hey Springs, what to me is really the sad deal with those losers, is that decade after decade they puke it up and have never sealed the deal. Living down here and knowing some faithful real fans (they are few) you gotta feel sorry for those peeps. Especially after completely wasting a team making the playoffs almost every year (after our Callasham/Barrett Robbins SB implosion) with that competition, having a HOF RB, TE and all wasting Phyl's career. Also, they could have (as I told them at the time) avoided all that stigma had they have kept Brees that season and FINALLY WON! IMO Just have spent the money and bought the thing. Then traded him away for something. Whatever.
They didn't and they won't. That window slammed shut years ago.

Hope all youse guys are good. Oh and give a shout out for UPS or CRTH from the KC crew (I think some of you guys got into it, but that was just slapping each other around, nothing serious) no one has seen or heard from him in weeks and that isn't like him. He is darn good people and a fine human being. Prayers out for him whatever it is. Hope he just hit the lottery and can't be bothered.

Take care fellas,
Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:25 am

rdrJoe wrote:Howdy all.
Hey Springs, what to me is really the sad deal with those losers, is that decade after decade they puke it up and have never sealed the deal. Living down here and knowing some faithful real fans (they are few) you gotta feel sorry for those peeps. Especially after completely wasting a team making the playoffs almost every year (after our Callasham/Barrett Robbins SB implosion) with that competition, having a HOF RB, TE and all wasting Phyl's career. Also, they could have (as I told them at the time) avoided all that stigma had they have kept Brees that season and FINALLY WON! IMO Just have spent the money and bought the thing. Then traded him away for something. Whatever.
They didn't and they won't. That window slammed shut years ago.
Peace !

Yeah I feel sorry for the real fans down here. It kills my father in law every year. Now a bunch of people are calling for McCoy to be fired, but it is really the upper level managment/owners that need to be purged. McCoy puts them in a position every week and it's the players that choke it away. No, not every game is coached to perfection, but I don't think that is the deciding factor. I know some of the guys on the team too, great guys like Danny Woodhead, those guys will never get a ring with this team and it sucks but that's how it is. Was sad to see Mike Scifres go, him and his family were good people. Saw him, his wife and twin girls almost every week at church, same with Danny. I hope these guys can go somewhere that can reward them.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:23 am

Great day for the team Lets hope for a healthy game and everyone enjoy it today. Go Broncos
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:42 am

:up: :D :up:
Hoppy wrote:Great day for the team Lets hope for a healthy game and everyone enjoy it today. Go Broncos
:up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:47 am

Good game day morning folks...I'm looking for the "No Fly Zone" to stay true to form today, and hold Julio under 100 yards. So far they have done it to Kelvin Benjamin, TY Hilton, AJ Green, and Mike Evans.
GO BRONCOS
IckyIPA
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)