AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Good win last night. May not have been pretty but boy did that Denver Defense serve notice. Newton was banged up pretty bad by halftime and it only got worse for him as the night went on. Offense still struggling but the o-line and run game have some great potential. Siemian should get more comfortable as time goes on and be able to clean up the mistakes. The tip ball was unfortunate. The other one was lobbed while he was getting hit and the defender made a great play. Overall this team is really tough and able to grind it out, just like last year. :up:

I think they are better then Last season . Rushing for 148yards on a team with Great LB's shows that they can play smash mouth with the best of teams. Coach Kubiak didn't give out game balls because he was upset with all the mistakes the team made. I was happy with the timeout at the end before the kick. Then the kick hit the inside of the post and the kicker had time to think about it. he adjusted the snap was high the timing off and kick missed. When we are lucky before we get good we could be 8-0 at the halfway mark. Not a prediction.

I think the offense is way better than last season. The offensive line held up, CJ was a beast last night and will be all season barring injury methinks, Booker will learn not to fumble...lol, Siemian did way better than expected. One INT was a fluke and the other you kind of expected with this being his first game. He's calm and accurate and willing to run the Kubiak offense. Plus his team mates were cheering him on. For him to come out and fire all passes right out of the gate showed me that this team is trying to make a statement this year. They are telling teams they can win it on offense, if need be, this year. Siemian showed me he's ready. Humble kid getting his break this year. Better than "Butt Fumble" any day., the defense is a work in progress but Phillips will have them in tune sooner than later....., and I'd rather be lucky than snake bit any day....lol.

We beat the Panthers so let's go out and tear up some real estate.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:11 pm

If The pats had said that Gronk was out on Wednesday like They were suppose to. I would have made a different bet on my picks. I was counting on him doing his part to upset the Cards. But It is what it is
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Hoppy wrote:If The pats had said that Gronk was out on Wednesday like They were suppose to. I would have made a different bet on my picks. I was counting on him doing his part to upset the Cards. But It is what it is

Hoppy, you can change your picks on games not played yet. Just don't forget to save the changes at the bottom of the page
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Hoppy wrote:If The pats had said that Gronk was out on Wednesday like They were suppose to. I would have made a different bet on my picks. I was counting on him doing his part to upset the Cards. But It is what it is

Change your pick. You can do that right up to the game.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:37 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Change your pick. You can do that right up to the game.

I went back and found that I already went with NE to lose the game. Maybe I should change it for them to win I just may do so but I picked one upset to happen already.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:09 pm

The Bolts are laying it on the Chiefs so far....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:44 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:The Bolts are laying it on the Chiefs so far....lol.

I'm happy they are but it hurts me in the pick'em but so what kick that KC butt
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:09 pm

27-20 Bolts with KC getting the ball with a buck 49 left in the game.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:13 pm

KC just scored a TD. Looks to be going into OT.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Raiders win. KC looks like they will.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Pretty sure you can go change the pick...not the points...as long as the game hasn't started
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Raiders win. KC looks like they will.

And what a win...we coming for you broncos :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:06 pm

R8der113 wrote:

Del Rio made the right call going for 2 where Kool-Aid went for ot. I didn't pick them to win but was happy for Tyler. Today is his birthday and he's happy for once. Still not ready for Prime Time no D. I see this :break: at the end of the year for you..... again
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:27 pm

R8der113 wrote:

Get in line.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Del Rio made the right call going for 2 where Kool-Aid went for ot. I didn't pick them to win but was happy for Tyler. Today is his birthday and he's happy for once. Still not ready for Prime Time no D. I see this :break: at the end of the year for you..... again

Tell Him I said Happy birthday.....Brees has been carving up defenses like that for years .
Hope you are feeling better
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:18 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Tell Him I said Happy birthday.....Brees has been carving up defenses like that for years .
Hope you are feeling better

Thanks he said and I'm doing much better with drugs LOL
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:19 pm

DT getting second opinion on hip injury
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/gmcwgrmh ... yqzzy.html
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:16 am

Glad you're feeling better Hop. I've been under the weather the last few days as well but am coming out of it.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Glad you're feeling better Hop. I've been under the weather the last few days as well but am coming out of it.

It's going around. I was laid up in bed all day Saturday and a good portion of Sunday. Thankfully feeling better today but I was miserable at work all last week. Seems to be clearing up for most people I know which I'm glad to hear. Get as much rest as possible and keep the fluids going.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:35 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Glad you're feeling better Hop. I've been under the weather the last few days as well but am coming out of it.

It's going around. I was laid up in bed all day Saturday and a good portion of Sunday. Thankfully feeling better today but I was miserable at work all last week. Seems to be clearing up for most people I know which I'm glad to hear. Get as much rest as possible and keep the fluids going.

Thanks guys and I'm happy that you feel better as well. Utah you are pretty good at this picking thing only missing 3 so far. I have a problem picking with my heart when it comes to the raiders and some of the other teams I dislike. I know New Orleans has no D but I had the saints anyway because of my love for the raiders.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:43 pm

I flopped on the picks this week. Hopefully I can redeem myself a little with the 2 games left. Sometimes these early weeks are a little bit harder to judge because you are making a determination on how a team did last year. Don't worry though, I set it up so everyone's lowest scoring week is dropped at the end.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Thanks guys and I'm happy that you feel better as well. Utah you are pretty good at this picking thing only missing 3 so far. I have a problem picking with my heart when it comes to the raiders and some of the other teams I dislike. I know New Orleans has no D but I had the saints anyway because of my love for the raiders.

Thanks! I only pick one game a week with my heart.....the Broncos every week. The rest is business. NE , Tampa and Detroit threw me a curve this week though.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Going to be a long year for you on the pickems then :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Go Raiders...Go Tyler
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:07 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Going to be a long year for you on the pickems then :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Go Raiders...Go Tyler

This is a confidence point pickem. Hop is ahead of me so far this week even though I picked more games right. Depends on how many points you put on each game. The ones I lost had high numbers attached.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:30 am

Denver is going to be easy to spot on the field during color rush on October 13 in San Diego...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-b ... 0482#start
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:44 am

Denver moves up to the 4th slot after taking care of the Panthers again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... Kz#image=4
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:04 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Got my pics in. Kick-off for the first game this week is tomorrow, don't forget to get it in. You have until 5 minutes before the start of each game to set the winner and the points. tie-breakers are until 5 minutes before the start of the first game.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:56 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Go Raiders...Go Tyler

This is a confidence point pickem. Hop is ahead of me so far this week even though I picked more games right. Depends on how many points you put on each game. The ones I lost had high numbers attached.

I'd have 15...16 Raiders every week.....LOL....youse guys are in for a long season :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by R8der113 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos make roster moves
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-r ... n-47453954

Looks like desperation moves
.......guess you are sacred :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)