AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:03 am

Got back from a trip to Scottsdale and found Denver won again. Why is it that every week Sloter seems to be the best QB we have lol? I know he's playing against lesser talent but the dude is consistent :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:11 am

Not all that impressed that GB hung 10 on us in the first quarter. The starting defense has been playing better than that. I guess it was Aaron Rodgers but still.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:52 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Not all that impressed that GB hung 10 on us in the first quarter. The starting defense has been playing better than that. I guess it was Aaron Rodgers but still.

I posted a game track that shows that Siemian threw an INT and it gave them the ball at the 3 Yard line. That was a poorly overthrown pass over the middle. The defense played well. Von didn't play but 2 series got a sack and was done for the night. Now they're saying that lynch will miss a few weeks with a sprained shoulder (right) and our best QB will remain 3rd string. :?: I don't know what they're going to do sounds like they will bring in a backup for a 3 or 4 week tyrout
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Not all that impressed that GB hung 10 on us in the first quarter. The starting defense has been playing better than that. I guess it was Aaron Rodgers but still.

I posted a game track that shows that Siemian threw an INT and it gave them the ball at the 3 Yard line. That was a poorly overthrown pass over the middle. The defense played well. Von didn't play but 2 series got a sack and was done for the night. Now they're saying that lynch will miss a few weeks with a sprained shoulder (right) and our best QB will remain 3rd string. :?: I don't know what they're going to do sounds like they will bring in a backup for a 3 or 4 week tyrout

They need to let Sloter back up Seimian. Not bring in some retread who doesn't know the system.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:the game This Hart fella doesn't see the game as I saw it but he's the sports writer. The way I saw that 4th and short CJ tried to sidestep a would be tackler instead of trying to run him over and You have to be running hard right there. Not slowing down your momentum by sidestepping. He takes that hit and is dead in his tracks. He hits that man head on he may fall forward for the half yard we needed. not lose a yard. He did have Shelby Harris right he should make the 53.
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/8/2 ... 7#comments

I think we'll see a lot of Charles this year if his wheels hold up.

he looks good but they aren't saying anything about he feels today. He took his and got up he made cuts but did the knee have any swelling the day after and you know they aren't going to say.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:00 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

They need to let Sloter back up Seimian. Not bring in some retread who doesn't know the system.

I agree with you
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/He-stands ... s106583079
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 pm

This is what I just heard Jordan Taylor is practicing to be the emergency QB.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Hoppy wrote:This is what I just heard Jordan Taylor is practicing to be the emergency QB.

Lol, that gives me tons of confidence :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Hoppy wrote:This is what I just heard Jordan Taylor is practicing to be the emergency QB.

That's fracking ridiculous. The only reason I can think of them doing this is to not draw any more attention to Sloter so they can slide him over to the practice squad without someone picking him up. Even if that's the real reason the cat's already out of the bag on Sloter so it would be beyond a risky move.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Kyle Peko returns to practice today
Stafford signs big 5 year deal making him the highest paid QB in the league. That kills any shot of him coming to Denver.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 pm

It's true Taylor QB
https://t.co/5kH406iPSL
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:40 am

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos ... d-sunshine

This says Sloter will play the entire last preseason game.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am

Hoppy wrote:Kyle Peko returns to practice today
Stafford signs big 5 year deal making him the highest paid QB in the league. That kills any shot of him coming to Denver.

Stafford always seemed really overrated to me. Him Bradford and Sanchez.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:26 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Kyle Peko returns to practice today

Stafford always seemed really overrated to me. Him Bradford and Sanchez.

Agreed. He'll get you to the party and nothing more.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:38 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-broncos-interested-in-former-49ers-lb-ahmad-brooks/?ref=yfp

Thoughts on picking up Brooks?

I don't think we need him we will be get Shaq and ray back at the start of the season I'm for getting a QB somehow. Brooks started 15 games last season had 53 tackles 6 sacks and 1 FF. He's not going to start here but could fit into the rotation. we just have other needs
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:43 pm

a Report came out that the Broncos are shopping a member of the No Fly Zone. TJ Ward
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Br ... s106628131
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 pm

this article makes you wonder who is coaching this team. When a coach doesn't know his player is on the trade blocks does he even have a say so who is playing in the game. Joseph has said some things that made me wonder this when talking about the starting QB. Like saying all options are open for the QB when asked about Kaepernick coming to Denver to play when Lynch went down. This after Elway said he doesn't fit our team. Now This
https://t.co/goLRRRCoW8
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Hoppy wrote:this article makes you wonder who is coaching this team. When a coach doesn't know his player is on the trade blocks does he even have a say so who is playing in the game. Joseph has said some things that made me wonder this when talking about the starting QB. Like saying all options are open for the QB when asked about Kaepernick coming to Denver to play when Lynch went down. This after Elway said he doesn't fit our team. Now This

If Kap wants to sign a 1 year deal I'm fine with that EXCEPT we would have to change our offense as he can't play as a pocket QB. That's why his production tanked after Harbaugh because they went to that scheme. Harbaugh altered the offense to fit Kap and that's the only reason he was successful when he was. As far as long term we need to look elsewhere.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Kap is better than Oz though.....that guy can't even start for the Browns.

Other than that nothing is out there but scrubs.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:32 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:this article makes you wonder who is coaching this team. When a coach doesn't know his player is on the trade blocks does he even have a say so who is playing in the game. Joseph has said some things that made me wonder this when talking about the starting QB. Like saying all options are open for the QB when asked about Kaepernick coming to Denver to play when Lynch went down. This after Elway said he doesn't fit our team. Now This

If Kap wants to sign a 1 year deal I'm fine with that EXCEPT we would have to change our offense as he can't play as a pocket QB. That's why his production tanked after Harbaugh because they went to that scheme. Harbaugh altered the offense to fit Kap and that's the only reason he was successful when he was. As far as long term we need to look elsewhere.

The article is about trading Ward and the coach not even knowing he was on the block. I wondered if he is just a token coach and Elway is running the whole thing. I brought up the fact that he and John aren't always on the same page by his comment of Kaepernick. But the reason Kaepernick isn't playing isn't his production he played well last season with no talent. If that team had talent they would have won more games and they would have more returning players. That's an almost all new roster there now. If he were here the talk would be us winning the division and a good shot at the #1 seed in the AFC. He's much better then what we have here. Now with More players taking the knee We'll see a much different way the NFL handles things. and I'm Happy to see White players support them. But back to this I think Joseph is just a stooge and John is coaching the team from his office. Just see how many times he and John have a difference of opinion and john's opinion is the one that counts. If I were coach I'd get fired for my doings not the GM's
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:50 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Kap is better than Oz though.....that guy can't even start for the Browns.

This is hue Jackson's last chance to show he can win as head coach. Kizer was his first QB he drafted in any draft he is Jackson's man and will start. You go down with your man. Joseph doesn't have a QB yet but if he drafts one next season he drafts one not Elway he will play him. Oz will find a team or take his money and buy a ranch
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:46 pm

broncos waive Jimmy Bean who failed his physical

then sign linebacker
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-s ... s106624324
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Kap is better than Oz though.....that guy can't even start for the Browns.

This is hue Jackson's last chance to show he can win as head coach. Kizer was his first QB he drafted in any draft he is Jackson's man and will start. You go down with your man. Joseph doesn't have a QB yet but if he drafts one next season he drafts one not Elway he will play him. Oz will find a team or take his money and buy a ranch

Oz won this whole thing. With 33 million in two years he's set for life. The Browns and Texans paid ridiculous money for very little upside. If he does go to another team he'll end up a back up.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

The article is about trading Ward and the coach not even knowing he was on the block. I wondered if he is just a token coach and Elway is running the whole thing. I brought up the fact that he and John aren't always on the same page by his comment of Kaepernick. But the reason Kaepernick isn't playing isn't his production he played well last season with no talent. If that team had talent they would have won more games and they would have more returning players. That's an almost all new roster there now. If he were here the talk would be us winning the division and a good shot at the #1 seed in the AFC. He's much better then what we have here. Now with More players taking the knee We'll see a much different way the NFL handles things. and I'm Happy to see White players support them. But back to this I think Joseph is just a stooge and John is coaching the team from his office. Just see how many times he and John have a difference of opinion and john's opinion is the one that counts. If I were coach I'd get fired for my doings not the GM's

My point is you'd have to run a totally different offense. He doesn't do well under center...never has.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:45 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

My point is you'd have to run a totally different offense. He doesn't do well under center...never has.

How could you know that when he's never had the chance to run one. The coaches he has had 3 head coaches Harbaugh, then they went with Harbaugh's defensive coach JimTomsula and he kept the same offense the read then Chip Kelly. and They run the read or something like it in college. So how can you say that? As you know I've always said that the NFL doesn't give the Black QB a chance to play in any thing but the read. You're not one of those guys that think that are you? I say give him a chance before we count him out
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:18 am

Jon Health is one of the guys I trust in his work when it comes to the Broncos he has been right more times then not. But I don't like all of his cuts.
https://t.co/SmkndYV2Ib
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:38 pm

I like this 53 more we keep Doss and I think he's the 4th best DB on the team
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/8/3 ... r#comments
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:26 pm

this is Jon Heath's 53 I was mistaken with the other. Still not the way I see it

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/8/3 ... r#comments
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:22 pm

My 53 Siemian, Lynch and an unknown to be added later after the cuts from other teams. 3 QB's
cuts Sloter Kelly to IR
OL Paradis, McGrovern, Leary, Barber, Garcia, Bolles, Watson, Stephenson 8 Linemen offense
cuts Schofield, Cameron, hunt, lang, Murray, turner,Day (Trade Sambraio) if you can
TE's Green, Derby, Heuerman Butt PUB list 3 TE's
cut Scheu, Trayler
RB's Booker, Anderson, Charles, Henderson, Janovich 5 RB's
cuts Thompson Williams (Ridley Trade?)
WR's Thomas, Sanders, Latimer, Taylor, McKenzie, Fowler 6 WR's 25 offensive players

DL Wolfe, Kerr, Peko, Peko, Gotsis, Crick, Harris 7 DL
cuts JARRETT, Soto, Adams, (Winn IR)
Linebackers Ray, Barrett, Miller, Walker, Dora, Davis, Nelson, Edebale, Marshall 9 LB
cuts Hollins , Mason, Garicia -Williams, Gause, Snyder, Ekanem, Z. ANDERSON
DB's Talib, Harris, Roby, Parks, D Stewart, Harris-Lewis, Langley, Doss, Simmons, 9 DB's 25 defensive players
Cuts Thomas, Barnett, Carter, (Trade Ward)

ST. McManus, Dixon, Kreiter 3 Special Team Players

Know I'm wrong but I don't get paid to do it and it was hard for me Glad I don't
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)