AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Utah..you doing the fantasy this year

If I have enough people want to I will.

How many peeps do we need?
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Hoppy wrote:some live radio on the orange and blue from the training camp. Not live now but you may like listening anyways.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia ... ools-share

Do you argue with peeps on the radio too? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:51 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Utah..you doing the fantasy this year

If I have enough people want to I will.

How many peeps do we need?

I'll have to look and see who has renewed. I'd like to trim the league down to 10 or so but we'll still probably need 4-5. I'll look when I get a chance and let you know.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:13 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:some live radio on the orange and blue from the training camp. Not live now but you may like listening anyways.

No I have found that the Peeps on the air don't really know much about all sports. They will never bite the hand that feeds them. Right now Elway has made a few mistakes but they never tell you about them it's always building up the home team to sell the home fans on the team. I'm still looking at our QB situation and they don't want to better that. If we play with what we have we will be a average team this season. If we sign Kaepernick we go to the playoffs. If we had sign a QB before they all were taken we have a playoff team. But the team is being built up like we have a shot to beat the pats and even if Brady shows his age they have a better record then we do. My team is playoff caliber but our QB's suck and that will bring the team down. Yes My Cards Stink this season and I'm looking past the nuggets so I'll be writing a new book until we get to the next baseball season I think.
Lessons Of Freedom ON the shelf OCT. 5TH
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:00 pm

With Ward going down with a hamstring coach said they don't know how serious it is or how serious Todd Davis's Sprain shoulder is.
I've had enough with the injuries so far but I guess they could be worse.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

No I have found that the Peeps on the air don't really know much about all sports. They will never bite the hand that feeds them. Right now Elway has made a few mistakes but they never tell you about them it's always building up the home team to sell the home fans on the team. I'm still looking at our QB situation and they don't want to better that. If we play with what we have we will be a average team this season. If we sign Kaepernick we go to the playoffs. If we had sign a QB before they all were taken we have a playoff team. But the team is being built up like we have a shot to beat the pats and even if Brady shows his age they have a better record then we do. My team is playoff caliber but our QB's suck and that will bring the team down. Yes My Cards Stink this season and I'm looking past the nuggets so I'll be writing a new book until we get to the next baseball season I think.
Lessons Of Freedom ON the shelf OCT. 5TH

Do I get a signed copy ? :geek:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:28 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-jay-cutler-close-to-deal-with-dolphins-needs-family-approval/ar-AAptJhv?li=BBnba9I

Cutler to the Fins?

anyone but Kaepernick. I'm thinking that if all the players that think Kaep is getting blackballed called in sick on opening day the owners would never blackball another player. Now I'm thinking that the owners are blackballing him for one reason and that's not the Flag but their contract with the war department. In 2009 the department of defense started paying the NFL to have all their players standing on the sidelines. Before that the teams didn't even come out of the locker rooms. Their deal was to have the players stand for the anthem to show patriotism. Remember the first week Kaepernick sat on the bench no on said a thing but he was seen on a camera the next week the cameras were all trained on him and a big story became from it. then he was told he couldn't sit so he took a knee. This brought anger I'm sure to the owners who had to have told him he couldn't sit for the anthem. It's not about the flag it's about the money. Yes the fans are thinking it's about the flag and they jump behind the owners who only have their money on their minds. This is a sure fire way to make sure no one takes a knee or a seat again.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-jay-cutler-close-to-deal-with-dolphins-needs-family-approval/ar-AAptJhv?li=BBnba9I

Cutler to the Fins?

anyone but Kaepernick. I'm thinking that if all the players that think Kaep is getting blackballed called in sick on opening day the owners would never blackball another player. Now I'm thinking that the owners are blackballing him for one reason and that's not the Flag but their contract with the war department. In 2009 the department of defense started paying the NFL to have all their players standing on the sidelines. Before that the teams didn't even come out of the locker rooms. Their deal was to have the players stand for the anthem to show patriotism. Remember the first week Kaepernick sat on the bench no on said a thing but he was seen on a camera the next week the cameras were all trained on him and a big story became from it. then he was told he couldn't sit so he took a knee. This brought anger I'm sure to the owners who had to have told him he couldn't sit for the anthem. It's not about the flag it's about the money. Yes the fans are thinking it's about the flag and they jump behind the owners who only have their money on their minds. This is a sure fire way to make sure no one takes a knee or a seat again.

2009 huh? Well I guess that leaves Kaepernick with only one thing to say, -Thanks Obama!
Sorry Hop, but I couldn't just let that one stay on the table :twisted:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Hoppy wrote:

Cutler to the Fins?

Interesting theory. I'm sure it's about the money but I think it's less complicated than that....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Cutler did end up signing a 1 year deal for 10 million. Now let's see if Gase can resurrect him from the dead.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Cutler did end up signing a 1 year deal for 10 million. Now let's see if Gase can resurrect him from the dead.

That make the Kaepernick wants too much money a bit of a lie also The most we heard he was asking for was 9 million but that didn't come from him. with all that's being said about him he hasn't said a thing. I hate that everyone is putting this kid down now they are throwing darts at him saying the Phines were thinking of talking to Tebow. That takes the cake
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Cutler did end up signing a 1 year deal for 10 million. Now let's see if Gase can resurrect him from the dead.

That make the Kaepernick wants too much money a bit of a lie also The most we heard he was asking for was 9 million but that didn't come from him. with all that's being said about him he hasn't said a thing. I hate that everyone is putting this kid down now they are throwing darts at him saying the Phines were thinking of talking to Tebow. That takes the cake

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Hoppy...he's being blackballed.....Al Davis would have hired him in a heartbeat.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:51 am

Hoppy wrote:

I didn't say Kap wanted too much money.....I just said money is involved. Regardless of the reasons I still don't want Denver to sign him.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I didn't say Kap wanted too much money.....I just said money is involved. Regardless of the reasons I still don't want Denver to sign him.

I'd love to see him in orange :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

what about Johnny Football?
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:49 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

no you wouldn't He takes us back to the division championship and maybe to the SB. He has never had a team with this kind of talent he was good last season with no talent 16 TD's and 4 INT's with a good team places you in the playoffs.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:52 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I wasn't talking about you that's what people are saying he wants too much for a backup QB. He's no starter. Read what others are saying on other sites and FB.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:58 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Cutler to the Fins?

2009 huh? Well I guess that leaves Kaepernick with only one thing to say, -Thanks Obama!

You are right in a way It has become a division in this country along with other things. I try not to bring it in here and other sites where football is our goal. Race is a touchy subject. And most blame Obama for everything. Then it turns into racist rants from both sides of the street. DON'T DO IT AGAIN :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

no you wouldn't He takes us back to the division championship and maybe to the SB. He has never had a team with this kind of talent he was good last season with no talent 16 TD's and 4 INT's with a good team places you in the playoffs.

Sure I would Raiders hate him more than Sanchez eating hot dogs
R8der113
Veteran

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Cutler to the Fins?

You are right in a way It has become a division in this country along with other things. I try not to bring it in here and other sites where football is our goal. Race is a touchy subject. And most blame Obama for everything. Then it turns into racist rants from both sides of the street. DON'T DO IT AGAIN :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

I'm glad you know I was just joking on the subject, and not trying to inflame anything. I respect you for the Man I have enjoyed conversing with over the years. Politics, skin color, and disagreements, have no leverage on my feelings. :up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:45 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Hoppy...he's being blackballed.....Al Davis would have hired him in a heartbeat.

Al Davis drafted JaMarcus Russell....lol. And why would Davis hire Kap? You think he's better than Carr???? :shock:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Al Davis drafted JaMarcus Russell....lol. And why would Davis hire Kap? You think he's better than Carr???? :shock:

He's saying that Al would not go in with the rest of the owners to blackball Kaepernick. Al had his own mind and often times went against what the others wanted to do. Pat Bowlin would sign him also. He isn't that kind of owner. He would have stood up for the right thing to do. The man didn't do anything wrong. He did violate the policy that all players had to stand for the Anthem. That contract that the owners were being paid to have them do. Not sure Pat would be in with a blackball. I know Al wouldn't
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:51 pm

miced up at the scrimmage Von Miller
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... li=BBnb7Kz

Interesting article on this Kap business. There's always two sides to a story and I think there's been more going on behind the scenes than what the press has been publishing......as usual.

I admire some of the things he's done to challenge injustice but either he wants to play or not......if he indeed is picking his own terms then he's liable to get burned by his own match.
Last edited by OnlyInUtah on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

He's saying that Al would not go in with the rest of the owners to blackball Kaepernick. Al had his own mind and often times went against what the others wanted to do. Pat Bowlin would sign him also. He isn't that kind of owner. He would have stood up for the right thing to do. The man didn't do anything wrong. He did violate the policy that all players had to stand for the Anthem. That contract that the owners were being paid to have them do. Not sure Pat would be in with a blackball. I know Al wouldn't

If the article I just posted is correct would Davis bench Carr in favor of Kap? Nope.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:50 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rog ... li=BBnba9I

Goodell wants to reduce preseason games....it's about time. All they do is get people hurt in games that don't matter.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:37 am

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty irritated the first week that Kap sat on the bench during the national anthem. I thought he looked lazy, disinterested and was very disrespectful. Then the next week this story comes out that he was doing it to raise awareness. If that's what he was doing all along, why didn't he raise awareness in advance by telling people what he was doing? Just sitting there gives no explanation and raises no awareness except to himself. I was happy that he started kneeling as I thought that showed he was respecting the moment while still supporting the cause. However, it all just seemed thrown together to me and not really thought out. I don't know if he's being blackballed or not. I guess I don't really care about that since I don't want him in Denver anyways and it doesn't matter to me if or where he signs.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:15 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/roger-goodell-rightly-wants-to-reduce-number-of-preseason-games/ar-AApF8uV?li=BBnba9I

Goodell wants to reduce preseason games....it's about time. All they do is get people hurt in games that don't matter.

Yes but at the same time raise the number of regular season games. This is still a way to make money for the Owners they have been trying to raise the number of games to 18 for sometime now. Goodell is a slick business man and he's trying to get the public on his side before the contract negotiations even begin. It worked for him in May when he gave the taxpayers 724,000 back that the NFL got from the military. But he never said anything of the 5 million the owners receive from the military every year since 2009. Anyway The NFLPA will not want to give him another regular season game in exchange for fewer preseason games. At least in the preseason the stars don't play.
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)