AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 pm

We should try to keep most of the D, and add someone better in the center against the run. Most of the offense can go besides Siemian, DT, Sanders Booker and maybe Norwood. I'm sure I'm missing some other good ones but the offense is inept and not on my good side :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Well looks like Michael Floyd is available :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bru ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:35 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well looks like Michael Floyd is available :lol:

Big trouble from the start Elway wouldn't give a guy who has blown his second and third chance a 4th. But he can always go to Cleveland :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:02 am

Hoppy wrote:

Big trouble from the start Elway wouldn't give a guy who has blown his second and third chance a 4th. But he can always go to Cleveland :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, no way he makes this team. I don't really think we need him either. Yeah someone desperate like Cleveland will give him another shot, if he isn't suspended. But any league punishment on this will probably occur beginning of next season anyways.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:06 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Oh yeah, no way he makes this team. I don't really think we need him either. Yeah someone desperate like Cleveland will give him another shot, if he isn't suspended. But any league punishment on this will probably occur beginning of next season anyways.

Pats pick him up of course.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Pats pick him up of course.

Nobody can set a player straight like good ole' BB. If they don't comply he ships em to Cleveland :lol: I think I would rather retire haha.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Cleveland is the place where careers meet their demise..
Last edited by OnlyInUtah on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:16 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Cleveland is the place where careers meet there demise..

Yup.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:13 am

I'm in 6th place in my pickem money league football pool for the year with 17.5 points out of first place. To repeat in first place for the year I have to gain about 6-7 points a week on the leaders. I'm feeling about as confident in that as I am the Broncos repeating as Super Bowl Champs.....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 pm

PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:45 am

IckyIPA wrote:PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Yup.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm in 6th place in my pickem money league football pool for the year with 17.5 points out of first place. To repeat in first place for the year I have to gain about 6-7 points a week on the leaders. I'm feeling about as confident in that as I am the Broncos repeating as Super Bowl Champs.....lol.

So there's still a chance?! :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:16 am

3 pathetic points. 3 points is all the offense could muster up? That unit is completely inept. Defense holding Brady and the Pats to only 16 should give you a really good chance to win. Half the team is doing their job, the other half needs to step it up, soon. We have to win these last two games.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:26 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm in 6th place in my pickem money league football pool for the year with 17.5 points out of first place. To repeat in first place for the year I have to gain about 6-7 points a week on the leaders. I'm feeling about as confident in that as I am the Broncos repeating as Super Bowl Champs.....lol.

So there's still a chance?! :lol:

I'm now in 5th and 25 points out of the lead...lol. One step forward and two steps back.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:22 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:3 pathetic points. 3 points is all the offense could muster up? That unit is completely inept. Defense holding Brady and the Pats to only 16 should give you a really good chance to win. Half the team is doing their job, the other half needs to step it up, soon. We have to win these last two games.

I'd just as soon not go to the playoffs if we keep playing like this on offense.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:3 pathetic points. 3 points is all the offense could muster up? That unit is completely inept. Defense holding Brady and the Pats to only 16 should give you a really good chance to win. Half the team is doing their job, the other half needs to step it up, soon. We have to win these last two games.

I'd just as soon not go to the playoffs if we keep playing like this on offense.

True, it's embarrassing enough already.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:04 pm

The defense played well enough to win every game this season. We weren't blown out all year. This west Coast offense is out dated. Sound familiar guys? That's what I said when John hired Kubiak to the Head coaching job. This offense thrives on blocks that the league has band. You can't cut anymore and that in the way this offense was successful in the late 90's with Green Bay and the Broncos winning Superbowls with the scheme. Gary won a SB with Foxes team. He had strong enough players on the line to pass block but the run game was bad. The coach cut the line and said the line last season didn't fit his scheme. Truth is the scheme is dead. A.Gibbs taught his line to get the defense to move one way then cut them from the backside when the running back took the ball and cut the other way. Defensive linemen hated playing against teams that used the westcoast system. Now cutting is outlawed Moving big men out of the way is a problem for the line that is moving with the play and the back cutting back into a 3 hundred pound defensive lineman who isn't worried about being cut. In short Kubiak hasn't won anything with a team he's put together. He took a championship team and broke it up to accommodate this outdated offensive scheme. The plays don't work anymore. Defensive coordinators know how to defend it. I think Gary will be fired by the end of next season. 9-7 this season may be looking for a better QB next season. I don't think they like lynch. Siemian is not the man to lead this team back to the championship game. Lynch can't get off the bench. Funny how I miss Peyton Manning right now and I never thought I'd say that.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:19 pm

I agree with pretty much everything Hop said below. One difference I have, is I see Elway and Kubes agreeing on retirement rather than a firing. Gary is just not into it, in my eyes. He has enough health concerns that I'm pretty sure he will agree to step away. I also think Dennison is done at OC. He will probably stay in the organization, though not in an on field capacity. I'd be willing to bet, John already has something in the works with Kyle Shannahan, behind the scenes. I'll take Seimian as a solid back up anytime, but I think Paxton will be the future in a system designed around his talents. If we are not going to do that, then they better look to find someone with whom they are. Time to spend what money we have on plug and play lineman, like we did on D with Ware, Talib, Ward, and Stewart. As we all say every year, time to spend the first couple of draft picks, on the studliest ILBs we can get. I'm tired of drafting project O-lineman. If we can field a team that can score 20-24 points a week next year, our D will be even more potent. Then that 20-24 points will turn into 30-35 points and we will be back on top. As far as D-line goes, I would let Sly Williams go and spend his money on a couple of vet pluggers. Good thing is, Vance Walker will be back, and he will make Crick better, just like he did with Malik Jackson. I feel Walker was the biggest thing missing there, this year. Okay, rant over.
I'd like to end this with a wish for a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you. I hope ya'll's holidays are filled with Family and Love.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Merry Christmas to you too Icky. I foresee changes next year also but not likely at HC. OC is much more likely. Elway will give Kubs one more year and then as you put it "retire". Dennison will likely take more heat and an OC tends to be more expendable than a HC anyways. Little Shany could be a possibility there and take the reins once Kubs is done. Siemian and Lynch fighting for starting spot with one more vet is what I see that that position. Elway isn't giving up on his pick yet after so little time. I think if we have a beefier o-line and a QB that can move around more (I'm not looking for someone that can run like Newton or Tebow), the offense will be better. We have good wide receivers and talent at running back we need to develop. We have lacked in the TE department since JT chased the money and need to figure that out as well. We have a big shopping list once this season comes to a close. We will have to see how Elway handles it. This is probably going to be one of his tougher off seasons to manage yet.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year as well!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:43 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tex ... li=BBnba9I

Looks like Oz is benched for more than one game.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 pm

If Miami wins on Sat. We are out of the playoffs. So The game on Sunday will mean nothing
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:26 pm

IckyIPA wrote:I agree with pretty much everything Hop said below. One difference I have, is I see Elway and Kubes agreeing on retirement rather than a firing. Gary is just not into it, in my eyes. He has enough health concerns that I'm pretty sure he will agree to step away. I also think Dennison is done at OC. He will probably stay in the organization, though not in an on field capacity. I'd be willing to bet, John already has something in the works with Kyle Shannahan, behind the scenes. I'll take Seimian as a solid back up anytime, but I think Paxton will be the future in a system designed around his talents. If we are not going to do that, then they better look to find someone with whom they are. Time to spend what money we have on plug and play lineman, like we did on D with Ware, Talib, Ward, and Stewart. As we all say every year, time to spend the first couple of draft picks, on the studliest ILBs we can get. I'm tired of drafting project O-lineman. If we can field a team that can score 20-24 points a week next year, our D will be even more potent. Then that 20-24 points will turn into 30-35 points and we will be back on top. As far as D-line goes, I would let Sly Williams go and spend his money on a couple of vet pluggers. Good thing is, Vance Walker will be back, and he will make Crick better, just like he did with Malik Jackson. I feel Walker was the biggest thing missing there, this year. Okay, rant over.
I'd like to end this with a wish for a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you. I hope ya'll's holidays are filled with Family and Love.

I can see Kub retiring . He just doesn't have the fire you said and I have to agree with that. when there is a argument in the locker room he doesn't get fired up about it. John said when he fired Fox he wants a coach who get fired up and can get the team fired up and ready to play. well I don't see this offense ready to play. that being said how can the OC go when this is Kubs offense he should take the blame he calls the plays doesn't he
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:14 am

Hoppy wrote:If Miami wins on Sat. We are out of the playoffs. So The game on Sunday will mean nothing

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nfl-p ... 05637.html

According to this Miami clinches if they win and we lose to the Chiefs. Otherwise they clinch if they win out.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:17 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/texans-bench-osweiler-promote-savage-to-starter/ar-AAlKPC8?li=BBnba9I

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bro ... cid=HPCDHP
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:56 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/texans-bench-osweiler-promote-savage-to-starter/ar-AAlKPC8?li=BBnba9I

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bro ... cid=HPCDHP

He's turned out to be a 37 million guaranteed dollar disaster. We dodged a huge bullet letting him walk.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:13 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:He's turned out to be a 37 million guaranteed dollar disaster. We dodged a huge bullet letting him walk.

Yeah no joke.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:53 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:He's turned out to be a 37 million guaranteed dollar disaster. We dodged a huge bullet letting him walk.

Yeah no joke.

He's is overpaid but he's better then anyone on our roster right now. We have our problems and would be better with him. He knows this team and the receivers and I'm sure we would be better then 8-8 or 9-7. No we couldn't win the big one but he wouldn't have to be the savior here and wouldn't have the pressure he has there.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:55 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:If Miami wins on Sat. We are out of the playoffs. So The game on Sunday will mean nothing

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nfl-p ... 05637.html

According to this Miami clinches if they win and we lose to the Chiefs. Otherwise they clinch if they win out.

You really think this team can go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs. I don't you may have to score then 3 points
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)