AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby YiRox » Mon May 04, 2015 4:17 pm

kicks wrote:Hop. You, South and SID break things down better than most of us here. How are you liking the way the team seems to be evolving? I liked the article that Utah posted about Elway and the drafted players.

Not one of those three you mentioned, nor am I a prehistoric fish. But, I love the continuance of grabbing experienced, leaders from power conferences. They may not be seniors or redshirt juniors all the time, but they have shown that they can lead and think with a team first thought process.

I feel better about the Ray selection after reading and listening to several pundits lay it out that his chances of failing are pretty small.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby R8der113 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:47 pm

YiRox wrote:
kicks wrote:Hop. You, South and SID break things down better than most of us here. How are you liking the way the team seems to be evolving? I liked the article that Utah posted about Elway and the drafted players.

Not one of those three you mentioned, nor am I a prehistoric fish. But, I love the continuance of grabbing experienced, leaders from power conferences. They may not be seniors or redshirt juniors all the time, but they have shown that they can lead and think with a team first thought process.

I feel better about the Ray selection after reading and listening to several pundits lay it out that his chances of failing are pretty small.

Who would confuse you with a Prehistoric fish ?...Your a cartoon character. who's aggressive, prejudiced, arrogant, and narcissistic sometimes, like a young Archie Bunker. That being said..how you doing Yi?
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby YiRox » Mon May 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Doing good dude. Still carry over busy and trying to get out of the office.

I was delegated to golf Friday in a scramble. I hadn't swung a club in anger since I broke my back in 2007. Tonight it's bowling for BB/BS. Haven't done that since the first kid. Just bought him a car for his 17th birthday.

Made it through golf with vodka so the bowling alley must be beer.

How is it with you?
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby R8der113 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:00 pm

YiRox wrote:Doing good dude. Still carry over busy and trying to get out of the office.

I was delegated to golf Friday in a scramble. I hadn't swung a club in anger since I broke my back in 2007. Tonight it's bowling for BB/BS. Haven't done that since the first kid. Just bought him a car for his 17th birthday.

How is it with you?

I'm ok...just had some dental surgery, so I'm on a liquid diet. That was nice of you buying him a car.....my dad bought me a pick-up with a bad tranny...had to learn to be a mechanic, as soon as I learned to drive....LOL
Beer and bowling, that's the way to go for sure.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Your Carbs had a good weekend Hoppy
Attachments
graphics-brooms-608407.gif
graphics-brooms-608407.gif (6.5 KiB) Viewed 8363 times
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon May 04, 2015 5:33 pm

R8der113 wrote:
YiRox wrote:Doing good dude. Still carry over busy and trying to get out of the office.

How is it with you?

I'm ok...just had some dental surgery, so I'm on a liquid diet. That was nice of you buying him a car.....my dad bought me a pick-up with a bad tranny...had to learn to be a mechanic, as soon as I learned to drive....LOL
Beer and bowling, that's the way to go for sure.

Good stories men. Well aside for the dental stuff. That too shall pass.
At least you father came through with something you could at least work on. lol better than some of us. My mom gave me a 60 Falcon 2 door wagon, six in it, wrecked sitting outside for a couple years. Nothing to it, replacing a panel or so, straighten out a few things, perfect surf mobile. Only burned a little oil, but it was a Ford? so of course. But man do I wish I had kept it. What memories. I never see them any more. oh and it was a lovely red! Perfect fit. hahaha

Take care,

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon May 04, 2015 6:03 pm

My first car was a Pontiac Tempest convertible. It had a 326 3 speed in it and it hauled ass. I really wish I still had that car.... :cry:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon May 04, 2015 6:57 pm

I lost my drivers license in 8 months driving that car so my Mom made me sell it...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:My first car was a Pontiac Tempest convertible. It had a 326 3 speed in it and it hauled ass. I really wish I still had that car.... :cry:

Cool. I had a 70 Vette LT1 which was my first nice ride, a year or so later outside of Gila Bend some guy made me an offer on a perfect 67 427 Rat Vette that after saying no to a week earlier, I bought it for a quarter what I sold it for a year later, sold it because no matter how easy I tried, couldn't sneak it from 3rd to 4th without breaking the tires loose, slamming us to the seats. LT1 was dangerous enough for a knucklehead like me, even I knew this car with me in it would end soon. Now? well last time I thought of getting the same car at auction it was 2mil starting bid. But nobody would buy it for that even if you had it someone with a bunch of investors (see Tokyo) are going to push it over the wall. Think of all the woulda, coulda's huh. but who knew.....
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon May 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Then earlier two of us (me and an older teen) had a 55 Bel Air pumped up big. Beautiful car. Fool wrapped it around a tree in the front yard of a girl he was impressing after dropping her off, in reverse flying kicking clouds. Oh and for good measure the tree was in her front yard and her father was there to witness it. A frame toasted.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Mon May 04, 2015 7:03 pm

We got zilch for that car. He got sued for the tree. Some pay back. But since he was my friend it brought no comfort. We stayed friends, just no more investing with bud lol
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon May 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Owning an LT1 is a prize. Too bad you don't still have it.

I drove a Celica for a couple of years after the Tempest until I turned 18 and then bought a 71 Merc Cougar with a 351 Cleveland in it. Wish I still had that one too....lol.

Then ordered a 75 Chevy Monza with a 350 in it. Had that until about 1979 and then remarried.

Then after that I had kids so the usual family cars although I did own a couple of nice pickups. Now we have 3 Jeeps...all Wranglers. :P
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Tue May 05, 2015 5:37 am

Nerd Alert -

First car was a '67 Firebird. Sold it for an '83 Celebrity
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 05, 2015 6:07 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:My first car was a Pontiac Tempest convertible. It had a 326 3 speed in it and it hauled ass. I really wish I still had that car.... :cry:

OMG, Ute. "Hauled ass..." I haven't heard that expression in so many years. It picked me up and dropped me right back into my teen years. :lol: Love itl
My first car was a 1958 Volvo. I loved that car with all my heart, although it was beat-up and dying when I got it in 1964. My dad found it for me. It was 4 on the floor and bucket seats, 2 doors and looked just like a miniature of an old old old Ford. The floor was rotting and I could stop the car by putting my foot through and touching the road, lol. I always had to travel with a full car cuz we needed a push to get it started. I was 16, and at our 45th h.s. reunion, EVERYONE remembered that car, and spoke lovingly about it. When it died, I moved on to a Renault that was in beautiful condition. None of my cars had air conditioning so we always arrived sweating, dripping, disheveled and wiped out, regardless of how clean we started out. My next car was a pink Rambler that had less pick-up than when people had to push the Volvo to get it going. After that one passed away, I got my dream car--a '66 Mustang, with a/c at last!!! It was teal (my favorite color) and my only complaint was I was still hooked up with a stick shift, but it had great pick-up and along with the a/c, My husband totaled it, and we got our first married couple car (ugh) an "Anti-Establish Mint Green" Ford Maverick. I won't bore you further, but we've had many many more cars in our 45 years together...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 am

My first car was a horse.

It only had one horse power but Sunny was a great horse. Miss that horse.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 am

kicks wrote:My first car was a horse.

We had horses too but I didn't go out on dates on one...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 am

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/5/4/ ... nd-fallers

I still think we are light at NT and ILB.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 pm

You Amish? ...first date on a buggy ride....if the buggy is a rockin, don't come a knockin
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 1:02 pm

R8der113 wrote:

You Amish? ...first date on a buggy ride....if the buggy is a rockin, don't come a knockin

Lol. Not quite sure an Amish person would be on the internet or follow football. Never took a date on a horse. Dated a few women over the years that could have been mistaken for a horse. Kidding!!!

Sometimes when gas prices spike, I think about getting another horse.
kicks
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 pm

kicks wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Lol. Not quite sure an Amish person would be on the internet or follow football. Never took a date on a horse. Dated a few women over the years that could have been mistaken for a horse. Kidding!!!

Sometimes when gas prices spike, I think about getting another horse.

I know a few chicks who dig horseback riding here
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Tue May 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh wait... You're in PA. Lots of Amish folks there. Have a lot in Ohio from what I heard. We didn't really have them out west. Hooking their horses up to aircraft wheels really spooked the horses.

Actually I think it would be fascinating to visit one of their communities one of these days.

Didn't Kirsty Alley and Tim Allen do a movie together about hiding out in an Amish place?
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Hoppy wrote:http://t.co/ljeXNhBos0 good read

Interesting. I had never heard of that one rating system.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue May 05, 2015 2:36 pm

we have a roster spot open La'el Collins could help this team
http://t.co/4G8iiqSkzX
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Hoppy wrote:we have a roster spot open La'el Collins could help this team

Biggest fall of the draft. Fell completely out. If it was drugs or attitude some team might take him. But being caught up in murder (even indirectly) is a scary prospect. Teams avoided him like the plague. He's got talent.
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue May 05, 2015 3:07 pm

If he's innocent we ought to sign him. if he's guilty....no.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue May 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 3:19 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Someone will sign him long before the legal situation is resolved. A couple of teams have already expressed interest. It will just be a gamble I suppose. Some team will pull the trigger. Look at Hardy, Cowboys took him knowing something was going to happen. I doubt they thought it would be 10 games. But he has talent. They tend to gamble a bit. Ok.... A lot. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue May 05, 2015 3:22 pm

kicks wrote:Oh wait... You're in PA. Lots of Amish folks there. Have a lot in Ohio from what I heard. We didn't really have them out west. Hooking their horses up to aircraft wheels really spooked the horses.

Actually I think it would be fascinating to visit one of their communities one of these days.

Didn't Kirsty Alley and Tim Allen do a movie together about hiding out in an Amish place?

You can buy Amish made products online.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue May 05, 2015 3:23 pm

kicks wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Someone will sign him long before the legal situation is resolved. A couple of teams have already expressed interest. It will just be a gamble I suppose. Some team will pull the trigger. Look at Hardy, Cowboys took him knowing something was going to happen. I doubt they thought it would be 10 games. But he has talent. They tend to gamble a bit. Ok.... A lot. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

If it goes beyond questioning, it wouldn't be worth the risk. Right now the cops just want to talk to him.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)