AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:At this point?.....I think it's it's the best of the rest by needs. People are crunching numbers as we speak. If a favorite is availabe?....you grab them. Otherwise it's based on talent to need methinks....

Agreed. For me, I have Dawson (ILB), Jarrett (DT/NT), Collins (OT), or even Clemmings (OT) as my targets. I know we have doubts about Clemmings, but at the bottom of the third round, the risk is offset. I'd rather Dawson or Jarrett though.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby IckyIPA » Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Will Dawson slip? Does John even want him? Or do we get another Ol? Any good DTs left?
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Fri May 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Bye-Bye Mannion to the Vikes
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey Yi?

On a side note do remember Fox put in their obtrusive word filters and I posted "shit piss fuck cunt cockssucker motherfucker tits" with no spaces and it went through the automated language fitler? And you busted loose with a tirade of profane words all jammed together?....LMAO!

They quickly adjusted to that tactic ...lol :D
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:58 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Bye-Bye Mannion to the Vikes

Yep....we'll draft Bonner late methinks.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Fri May 01, 2015 10:05 pm

PLLPPPPT !!! Needed another TE like a hole in the head at this stage
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Fri May 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Don't know anything about the guy but I don't like the pick of TE. Too many good players that could have filled some holes. JT leaving left a need for a catching TE but this seems forced.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby YiRox » Fri May 01, 2015 10:10 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Hey Yi?

On a side note do remember Fox put in their obtrusive word filters and I posted "shit piss fuck cunt cockssucker motherfucker tits" with no spaces and it went through the automated language fitler? And you busted loose with a tirade of profane words all jammed together?....LMAO!

They quickly adjusted to that tactic ...lol :D

Remember that fondly. Kicks said the fbombs were allowed especially this weekend, only went there after three of them went off the board
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Heurmann is a solid, underrated TE. You have to look at 2013 for the real Heurmann. His 2014 season was derailed a bit with a foot injury. He's a leader and can be a very good TE for Denver.

That said, I really wanted Paul Dawson at ILB. Denver has a legit need there unless there's someone on the roster I'm not thinking about to play that position. Grady Jarrett is another guy that I think will be a great player. He's a DT, but I think could play the 5 technique.

Oh well...Heurmann is a quality player and deserves a 3rd round pick. I trust that Kubiak and Phillips along with Elway know what they're doing.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby IckyIPA » Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm

[color=#FF4000]I guess my boy La'el will be sitting out this year...I guess we didn't like his situation based on the Sombrailo pick. I think Wade must be okay with Danny, Brandon, Corey,Todd, Lamin and Shaquille at ILB... come to think of it, so am I 8-) [/color]
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm sure they know what they're doing more than I am. I think I'm pleased with all of the picks so far but why did we pick up so many TE's? Manning can throw way farther than Alex Smith so why all of the ends? I hope they cut at least half of them. What other team has as many tight ends as we do? (no intention of dissing the pick at tight end....and he might be the cream of the crop.....but why so many?)
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 10:23 pm

As long as it works I'm all over it. I know Kubiak runs off of the tight end but how many do you really need. Maybe that's how we'll get down to 53...cut tight ends....lol. I think I know what Kubiak is doing......take an aging Top Flight QB and giving him better percentage targets in a controlled offense.....it also opens up the long game.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Fri May 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Just watched some of this TE's youtube highlights (yes this is the extent of my research). I saw nothing special but he seems to be always doing the right thing and he finishes his blocks. As for our second pick, the frame on that guy is amazing (from a species perspective). Once he gets on our highly regaurded work out program I think he will be a freight train. You can't teach skeletal structure so I think we made a great choice with Ty. Shane Ray looks like Von on tape. I think this guy will break people. With Miller, Ware, and Ray bringing the heat I all game long I think the grass at mile high will be well fed this year.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 8:44 am

http://fansided.com/2015/05/02/nfl-draf ... e-round-3/

Interesting list of quality players left. A few fit our needs. I hope we end up snagging Bonner later on. He's raw but with a tremendous upside.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 am

I dug up an AV I had on Fox back in early 2008....lol
Attachments
549437_294458930683510_662865460_n.jpg
549437_294458930683510_662865460_n.jpg (176.46 KiB) Viewed 7874 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 9:35 am

It's a real pic of our Yorkie...with a bit of photoshop added.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 11:40 am

I was hoping Clemmings would drop within reach but no such luck.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sat May 02, 2015 11:41 am

So after watching a few hours (seriously) of Shane Ray tape here is what has stood out the most. His sure tackling. He does not try to punch out the ball or make a flashy big hit. He just wraps the torso and runs through straight to the ground. Basically once he secures the waist he drops to a knee and runs straight with his head to the dirt. I have not seen anyone break his grip once he has them in his wrap. I was somewhat surprised to see this, normally these pass rusher highlight reels are full of cannonball launches and explosive body rocking shots. Instead, my research was liking watching a fundamental tackling 101 class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAsvEPQ17T8
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sat May 02, 2015 11:41 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I was hoping Clemmings would drop within reach but no such luck.

Me too. A few pundits had us picking him in the first
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 11:46 am

Maybe Vigil from Utah? Reaching here but he fills a need at ILB backup. Or Bennett from Ohio State.....I'm clueless on which way Denver will draft in this round.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sat May 02, 2015 11:48 am

Center maybe?
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 11:49 am

StandardIssueDenver wrote:So after watching a few hours (seriously) of Shane Ray tape here is what has stood out the most. His sure tackling. He does not try to punch out the ball or make a flashy big hit. He just wraps the torso and runs through straight to the ground. Basically once he secures the waist he drops to a knee and runs straight with his head to the dirt. I have not seen anyone break his grip once he has them in his wrap. I was somewhat surprised to see this, normally these pass rusher highlight reels are full of cannonball launches and explosive body rocking shots. Instead, my research was liking watching a fundamental tackling 101 class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAsvEPQ17T8

Ray was a brilliant steal by the Broncos. Top 5-10 talent at 23. He's an animal and if he stays out of trouble we have a stout defense in the backfield. I still think we need depth at DT though.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 am

StandardIssueDenver wrote:Center maybe?

Maybe....like I say I'm clueless at this point. I know they have paided special attention to Chris Bonner. No idea at this juncture with touted talent still on the board.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sat May 02, 2015 12:00 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Maybe....like I say I'm clueless at this point. I know they have paided special attention to Chris Bonner. No idea at this juncture with touted talent still on the board.

This year Elway actually seems to be drafting "best player available" as opposed to filling needs. So I am clueless. At this point it would not surprise me if we drafted another TE if he was the highest rated player. We are clearly not in need of a pass rushers or TEs but Elway seems to be going for talent over holes.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 12:03 pm

StandardIssueDenver wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

This year Elway actually seems to be drafting "best player available" as opposed to filling needs. So I am clueless. At this point it would not surprise me if we drafted another TE if he was the highest rated player. We are clearly not in need of a pass rushers or TEs but Elway seems to be going for talent over holes.

Another tight end? I certainly hope not. I'd take a flyer on Collins first. We have more tight ends than offensive and defensive lineman right now
....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sat May 02, 2015 12:09 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Another tight end? I certainly hope not. I'd take a flyer on Collins first. We have more tight ends than offensive and defensive lineman right now
....lol

Lets just keep collecting TEs until we have a complete O line of them and then start randomly lining them up to confuse the defense. 8-)
Well I am out. Will reconvine around the spurs game.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Have a good one Standard. I'm working in the garden today so will probably be even more oblivious the what's going down as now.... :?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat May 02, 2015 12:28 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I was hoping Clemmings would drop within reach but no such luck.

Me too. A few pundits had us picking him in the first

Morning guys Clemmings has a bad foot that's why nobody picked him . He's also green on offense. so he has to get healthy then learn to play on the O-Line Too many years to wait on a starter
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sat May 02, 2015 12:36 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Putting in a new offense is building from the ground up. Kub will want his own people in here for years to come not the ones he got in FA get the old out bring in the new. The Vets he got in FA will help but they are short term. I wonder when we pick a QB
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 02, 2015 1:54 pm

My choice is Bonner but I doubt that's the pick.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)