AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 7:57 pm

YiRox wrote:
SouthStands wrote:
YiRox wrote:Just so it doesn't show in Swiss world and the way the identified players are flying off the board, all I have is the one word SouthStands has telepathically sent me

FUCK

Yi and I have a connection...this is all the proof you need.

Your turn this time

MOTHER FUCKER!!

...am I close?
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Sneaky Ravens move up from the Cards......pissed at Elway for leapfrogging them...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Be careful or PEACE will come over and chew our asses....lol. :shock: :?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Although I think we might get a flyer as it's draft day and to be expected....lol

Never mind.....(lol)
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Denver actually has some good options available right now...not sure what direction they're going to go. La'el Collins is really intriguing to me, but at the same time, the questions surrounding him are huge.

I will say this Utah, he didn't seem to be acting like a punk with refusing to sign if he wasn't drafted tonight. His agent made it sound like he would be taking the time to restore his reputation and then re-enter the 2016 draft.

Anyways, Denver has a few ways to go at this point...I like Collins (if Elway does), Sambrailo, or Paul Dawson.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 8:04 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Be careful or PEACE will come over and chew our asses....lol. :shock: :?

What I meant, was...

Aw heck...
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby YiRox » Fri May 01, 2015 8:10 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
YiRox wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:There goes Fisher. F*ck

What, now that you're a vet you can't buy vowels?

Look again....the power of the edit button
....lol

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby YiRox » Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 pm

RICK
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Great pick...I expect him at LG by the start of the season. Now give me Dawson or Grasu in the 3rd and I'll be happy.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:19 pm

SouthStands wrote:Denver actually has some good options available right now...not sure what direction they're going to go. La'el Collins is really intriguing to me, but at the same time, the questions surrounding him are huge.

I will say this Utah, he didn't seem to be acting like a punk with refusing to sign if he wasn't drafted tonight. His agent made it sound like he would be taking the time to restore his reputation and then re-enter the 2016 draft.

Anyways, Denver has a few ways to go at this point...I like Collins (if Elway does), Sambrailo, or Paul Dawson.

Could be.....if he is innocent and it's just his agent barking that's quite different. He's a good talent.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Ty Sambrailo...great pick. That dude is huge
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:22 pm

YiRox wrote:RICK

LMAO!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:22 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
YiRox wrote:RICK

LMAO!

DICK :lol: :lol:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:24 pm

SouthStands wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Be careful or PEACE will come over and chew our asses....lol. :shock: :?

What I meant, was...

Aw heck...

lol....don't sweat it. The Mods here are pretty cool. lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Fri May 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Great pick up. This kid id going to fit right in with our Texans style offense. The has the frame to pack on some more NFL caliber protien and looks like he can push a pile.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Fri May 01, 2015 8:30 pm

That posted before I wanted it to but oh well. I am liking the two top picks. We went all out for a true elite player and played it safe with size on the o line. I was hoping to grab a line backer in our first two picks but the way this is playing out is great.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:33 pm

StandardIssueDenver wrote:That posted before I wanted it to but oh well. I am liking the two top picks. We went all out for a true elite player and played it safe with size on the o line. I was hoping to grab a line backer in our first two picks but the way this is playing out is great.

Agreed my friend! I feel good so far. Now maybe a decent DT or Safety will fall in our laps.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 pm

StandardIssueDenver wrote:Great pick up. This kid id going to fit right in with our Texans style offense. The has the frame to pack on some more NFL caliber protien and looks like he can push a pile.

He's huge already. This kid could be the real deal everyone wants to steal when it's contract time. (as usual lately....coaches, players, Karma.. 8-) ..)
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 8:37 pm

StandardIssueDenver wrote:That posted before I wanted it to but oh well. I am liking the two top picks. We went all out for a true elite player and played it safe with size on the o line. I was hoping to grab a line backer in our first two picks but the way this is playing out is great.

Dawson is the guy I would love to see in Denver. Immediate plug in SILB for Phillips next to Marshall/Trevethan. Plays with a nasty attitude and brings the wood. There isn't another ILB I have a lot of knowledge about either, so it's him or I'm going to need to do some reading!

Now that said, I wouldn't hate Hroniss Grasu from Oregon at center either. He's an athlete and could compete right away. Depends on what Kubiak thinks about Gradkowski.

I would trade up for Dawson, not necessarily for Grasu.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:40 pm

SouthStands wrote:

Dawson is the guy I would love to see in Denver. Immediate plug in SILB for Phillips next to Marshall/Trevethan. Plays with a nasty attitude and brings the wood. There isn't another ILB I have a lot of knowledge about either, so it's him or I'm going to need to do some reading!

Now that said, I wouldn't hate Hroniss Grasu from Oregon at center either. He's an athlete and could compete right away. Depends on what Kubiak thinks about Gradkowski.

I would trade up for Dawson, not necessarily for Grasu.

Agreed.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 8:43 pm

2nd level QB's are dropping like a rock....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri May 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Just a drive by this evening. Don't know much about our second round pick. He seems to be a BIG guy. We need beef on the line to protect Manning. I'm ok with the pick.

The better half of kicks has been in Florida the last two weeks for work and is back so I won't be on this weekend much. Hope we finish strong with the later rounds and I want to thank everyone for being a part of our family here. You guys rock!!!

Go Broncos!!!

Laughing at those finding we have no word filters here. Enjoy. I have had a few posts altered in the past but I deserved it. Mods are pretty cool.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Fri May 01, 2015 8:50 pm

SS,I just watched his youtube highlight reel and he looks good. I am hoping for a good nickelbacker style line backer this draft. I am hoping for more of a coverage style line backer but I would be OK with a thumper (Roby has grown on me). They way the new offenses are going I am starting to think these hybrid backs are going to be the way to go.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm

StandardIssueDenver wrote:SS,I just watched his youtube highlight reel and he looks good. I am hoping for a good nickelbacker style line backer this draft. I am hoping for more of a coverage style line backer but I would be OK with a thumper (Roby has grown on me). They way the new offenses are going I am starting to think these hybrid backs are going to be the way to go.

I like Trevethan and Marshall in coverage with Miller and Ware (and now Ray) on the edge rushing. When Denver goes base, I think a strong thumper is what is lacking. If Dawson has to cover, I do think he would be alright. Obviously not his strength, but he can do it.

There really are a lot of options...we'll see how Denver decides to go.

On a side note, that girl was cute, but she took the center I wanted!
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

I think the writing was on the wall for Rameriez. Manning and him never seemed to be boys like the rest of the team (not sure why). I think we will go center after a line backer
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Grasu is gone....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:18 pm

SouthStands wrote:
StandardIssueDenver wrote:SS,I just watched his youtube highlight reel and he looks good. I am hoping for a good nickelbacker style line backer this draft. I am hoping for more of a coverage style line backer but I would be OK with a thumper (Roby has grown on me). They way the new offenses are going I am starting to think these hybrid backs are going to be the way to go.

I like Trevethan and Marshall in coverage with Miller and Ware (and now Ray) on the edge rushing. When Denver goes base, I think a strong thumper is what is lacking. If Dawson has to cover, I do think he would be alright. Obviously not his strength, but he can do it.

There really are a lot of options...we'll see how Denver decides to go.

On a side note, that girl was cute, but she took the center I wanted!

Girl? Now you distracted me....The only thing I like better than football or pugilistic sports....is women......just saying....lol. :lol:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Chiefs hit a wide receiver and the Saints picked up Grayson......Hmmmmmmm
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:22 pm

I bet we pick up Bonner in the 6th or 7th. I think they like that kid.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 01, 2015 9:38 pm

At this point?.....I think it's it's the best of the rest by needs. People are crunching numbers as we speak. If a favorite is availabe?....you grab them. Otherwise it's based on talent to need methinks....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)