AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Welcome aboard Springs!!! Page one shows you how to post pics.

ChiefGuy... he has been on the Fox Bronco page with the same name for years. Good guy!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks kicks, yeah been around since 2008. First I was CSprings Bronco Fan, then changed it slightly when I moved to San Diego.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Springs. Still a little slow here. People log on and post and then check back later. If it gets back to the way it used to be, it will non stop posting eventually. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Sounds good.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Hey Springs...you can post pics and such here. They just can't be too large of files. 8-)
Attachments
11111.jpg
11111.jpg (101 KiB) Viewed 17153 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Hey utah, yeah I had a hard time making my av the perfect size lol
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I like Grayson as well.

as do I
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Hoppy wrote:

as do I
Hoppy
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:33 pm

This room is jumpin'--I'll just take a quick moment to welcome you and tell you how good it is to see you posting away. So glad to have you here!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Thanks CK. We're just doing our thing. Everyone is still figuring out the bells and whistles here.
Last edited by OnlyInUtah on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Hoppy wrote:

as do I

I'm actually more enamored with Grayson than Mannion although either would be a nice pick up.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Hey utah, yeah I had a hard time making my av the perfect size lol

LOL...Yeah, the size limit is pretty small on AV's. On pics it's a lot larger.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Remember Utah, its not the size that matters, its how you use it.

Did I just say that. Ha Ha. :shock:
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:14 pm

kicks wrote:Remember Utah, its not the size that matters, its how you use it.

Did I just say that. Ha Ha. :shock:

So they say....lol. :lol:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm

kicks wrote:Remember Utah, its not the size that matters, its how you use it.

Kicks would know :o :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 pm

HEY!!!! lmao. :lol:

Good night you bunch of goof balls.

Glad you are all here. Home is where the heart is.
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 pm

later Kicks. Thanks again to you and all the others that set this up.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:34 am

I think Kubiak will go with Manning's strengths. He did, after all, back up Elway in the 90's. He knows what he's got and will take advantage of it. As far as Smith, good luck as I watched him here at the U of Utah before he went to Frisco....he's never been a deep threat. I doubt KC will drop off much next year but neither will the Broncos.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:56 am

Morning everyone...a couple of things...

DT is skipping workouts...who cares. Of course I want him working with Manning, but he has to take care of himself. I still don't get what the hold up is on getting him signed long term. He's a top 3 WR and has never complained or been a bone head. His production occurred pre-Manning with Tim Tebow of all people. Pay the man! 5 years, $75M with $30M guaranteed. Incentives for production, pro-bowls, workouts, and so on. Not sure what the delay is. Elway should set the bar and not wait for Jerry Jones to pay Dez Bryant.

Let's chat ILB for a minute. I know Hop is a fan of Stephone Anthony from Clemson, and I am too. I'd take him over Kendricks, Perryman, and McKinney without any question. I'm tentative of Denver taking him at #28 only because I think he'll be available later. MLB is a position that tends to slip. If Denver could find a way to trade back and get him, he'd be a steal as he's worthy of a 1st Round selection. I just see concerns on the OL and see guys like Erving, Fisher, and Grasu that can help Denver. My ideal world is Anthony, Fisher, and Erving or Grasu. That's not going to happen unless Denver is creative with trades and the right guys slip. In Jeff's magical world, here's how it could happen:

Elway trades back from #28 into the top of the 2nd Round and picks up an extra 4th in the process. Depending on how the draft is flowing, Elway takes Anthony or Fisher at the top of the 2nd. Elway then trades his own second and one of the 5th Round picks to move up to the middle of the 2nd to get the other. Finally, Elway trades his 3rd and the other 5th to move to the top of the 3rd to get Grasu...assuming he slips to there of course. Now Denver has no 5th round picks, but two fourths, a sixth, and three sevenths.

...ok...fantasy land is over...I know it won't happen!

One last thing...

ChiefGuy76 wrote:Why am I up ay 230 in the morning? No idea

SO...........Enough holding hands and squeezing each others butt cheeks over the new site. Lets talk football! I could not be more pleased with the off season for KC, so far. I certainly was not pleased with the money they gave Parker and Mauga, other than that, we're on the right track. If KC is smart, they will look to the O-Line with their first pick. Plenty of WR's to go around in the later rounds. We also need another TE to compliment Kelce. Even with the WR and O-Line moves already made, I wont be sold on us being a serious competitor in the division until Alex Smith proves to me he can throw the ball more than 20 yards and take some chances. Im far from sold on the guy, Im pretty crucial of him, and I take a rash of crap from the fellas over that. That being said.....SOUTHY...I'll still challenge your "last in the AFC West" prediction. I think KC will be nipping at Denver's heels all year. No way SD or Oakland passes us up. It really is hard to say where I see Denver going. I didn't subscribe to letting Manning go. I wished it, heh heh. But as long as he is behind a football, that team has a serious shot. I think if Kubiak and the Broncos try to change him too much, bad things will ensue. If the Broncos can find a happy medium between Manning and Kubiak, then I'll be cursing the Broncos like I do every year. If they cant, then I think you fellas may be in for a rougher season than you think

...ok CG, first things first...those aren't pillows!!

Now that we have that out of the way, I have to ask what you like about the Maclin contract. Dude is an upgrade over Bowe for sure, but can't stay healthy. His cap number absolutely sucks for KC in years 2-5. He'll be better than Bowe, but I have a feeling you all will be cursing the dumb contract he signed. Your front office needs to go to some kind of financial planning seminar to figure this thing out. Elway and Sullivan will do it for you...for your 2nd Round pick. Don't worry, you guys aren't used to picking in that round anyways!

As for my prediction of dead last in the AFC West...I may be off. The Raiders are moving in the right direction, but could easily still be a year or two out. San Diego has quietly had a solid off-season, but the questions around Rivers aren't going away. They could mail in the season before it really starts. All that aside, there will be no nipping at Denver's heels this year. KC may very well finish second in the AFC West, and still miss the playoffs by a couple games.

You're a good fan CG and I enjoy talking to you and the guys from the Chiefs' page...but until your front office shows me they have a clue how to manage a team, the Chiefs will always be stuck in a rut. Not intending to pour salt in an open wound, but there is a reason KC hasn't won a playoff game since January 16th, 1994.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:26 am

Ian Rapoport reporting Denver is having Northwester QB Trevor Siemian in for a visit on Thursday. Not finding much impressive about this kid. Not sure about the interest to be honest.

If Denver is going sleeper/late round, give me Chris Bonnor from CSU-Pueblo.

Whatever...can't believe anything this time of year!
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby kicks » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:31 am

South, what is your take on D. Thomas. The articles seem to imply he doesn't give a rats ass about the team or anyone else. It could just be posturing for a new contract but I hate the attitude the media is portraying.
kicks
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:46 am

kicks wrote:South, what is your take on D. Thomas. The articles seem to imply he doesn't give a rats ass about the team or anyone else. It could just be posturing for a new contract but I hate the attitude the media is portraying.

It seems a little absurd to me kicks...here's the article (I think) you're referencing:

Dana Draper wrote: Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas said that without a long-term deal in place, he's going to forgo the club's offseason training program and Peyton Manning's annual passing camp next week at Duke.

"It's three years now that I've been with Peyton, so I feel like we can pick up where we left off," Thomas said, via the Associated Press.

"It's about getting on the field and being on the same page. I'm sure we can get that done as quickly as possible. And I will be in contact with Peyton when it's the right time. We'll handle that between me and him because we know what we've got to do."

"It doesn't even matter to me," Thomas said. "I'm just trying to get what I think I deserve. I'm worrying about myself, my agent's worrying about me. I don't worry about no other player."

The last paragraph doesn't seem to fit. DT is talking about feeling comfortable with Manning and in other articles, wanting to rehab his ankle appropriately. I think he's taking care of what he needs to and will be there when it matters. I could be wrong, but if he turns out to be a jerk, he did a heck of a job hiding it all this time.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby kicks » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:54 am

Yeah, that last paragraph was the one that bothered me. It didn't sit well. I hope its nothing.

Saw the same thing in multiple articles. Of course they all get their info from the A/P.
kicks
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:11 pm

It really seems out of context.

I actually get the sentiment of 'not worrying about no other player' in the article. He's not going to let another player's contract status impact him...that's the right move. I get the concern the article creates though. I guess I'm in the 'much ado about nothing' camp until Thomas proves otherwise.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Did you catch the reports that Winston looks flabby at his Pro-Day? Man am I thankful Denver isn't in a position where they would even have the possibility of drafting that guy. He may prove me wrong...and I genuinely hope he does...but I think he's the second coming of Jamarcus Russell.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:13 pm

I think Mariota is the best of the two. Winston has been saying all the right things but he isn't far removed from some of the Prima Donna stunts he's pulled No way I'd take a chance on him in the top 5 of the draft. Too many other solid choices.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Well let's see...

He stole crab from a market. He probably raped that one gal and it got covered up. He caused a scene by leaping up on a table and shouting obscenities. I'm sure I'm missing a few things. No thank you.
kicks
All Pro

Postby NewEraBroncos » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Hello?

Is there anybody out there?
ummm...never poke someone in the eye. It's rude.
NewEraBroncos
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:00 pm

Yep! 8-)
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.59 KiB) Viewed 17257 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:24 pm

...kicks, yeah, a fairly long list of concerns. I agree 100%, nope.

NEB!! We're here...glad you made it!

Utah...the dog wouldn't be on fire if it wasn't a smoker!
SouthStands
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)