AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:We're done Hop...2 years in a row, the best pitcher in baseball beat us. Good Luck against the cubbies. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't know if it was the best pitcher or that my MVP didn't have his team ready to play the biggest game of the year for them. They were out of it in the second inning. no hustle from anyone. The benches cleared and after that a pitcher stole second base and there was no throw. That sums it up
I would say better luck next season but you have a 2nd place manager.

You could be right Hop...jeeshh...I just threw up in my mouth...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:28 pm

R8der113 wrote:Vegas line is headed down...wonder what they know...Beware Broncos!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still 5 point favorites despite the 3 points they normally spot the home team. I think we will be ok ;)
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:10 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Vegas line is headed down...wonder what they know...Beware Broncos!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still 5 point favorites despite the 3 points they normally spot the home team. I think we will be ok ;)

Broncos should be fine they are saying the right things Read between the lines of what is being said after we stop the run we will get after Carr.
we know what they are doing they never change we are going to confuse the kid and he'll get hit by Jackson and Wolfe not just the speed guys.
http://t.co/hJacMOU1zH
Hoppy
MVP

Postby dredwak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:12 pm

im going to leave this here for kicks...ive never been but it might be worth a try...
TacoCasaCintiLogo03.png
TacoCasaCintiLogo03.png (29.28 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
http://tacocasacinti.com/menu/
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Nice Hop..might be your best post ever
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Really looking forward to seeing Derek Wolfe in the Defense this week. This unit is already nasty and Wolfe just adds to it.

Also, anyone else notice that we get the road game for each division opponent out of the way before playing them at home? Kind of nice to have the rematch on our turf. Hopefully we can extend our record for division road wins this weekend.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:42 pm

I wonder what the most consecutive division wins, home or away, is? Can't seem to find that one.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Looks like we are currently at 8 in that metric.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Finally, looks like the record is 15 with the Colts tied at that mark currently. They can go to 16 and break the record with a win this weekend against the Texans (tonight actually). We are currently at 8 and can go to 9 with a win this weekend.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/10/5/9 ... fl-history
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Really looking forward to seeing Derek Wolfe in the Defense this week. This unit is already nasty and Wolfe just adds to it.

Also, anyone else notice that we get the road game for each division opponent out of the way before playing them at home? Kind of nice to have the rematch on our turf. Hopefully we can extend our record for division road wins this weekend.

I did notice they are all road games at first and then again all at home.

As far as Wolfe? He just adds another pass rusher only from the middle. It's already a very good unit but adding him makes it just that much better.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:05 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

As far as Wolfe? He just adds another pass rusher only from the middle. It's already a very good unit but adding him makes it just that much better.

I've always really liked Wolfe. He got off to a great start I thought then fell back when he got really sick. Hoping he is even more disruptive than before.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:07 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

I've always really liked Wolfe. He got off to a great start I thought then fell back when he got really sick. Hoping he is even more disruptive than before.

He had problems after the neck issue but I think he's returned to form now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Remember he got really sick on a flight to or from KC, the news made it sound like he almost died. Lost of ton of weight and everything
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Yep. Wasn't the same for some time afterwords.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Loving how complete this defense is. Can't pass against our secondary with Harris, Talib, Ward and Roby, can't run against Sly, Marshall or Trevathon and if you hold it too long in the backfield Miller, Ware, Wolfe, Ray, or anyone else is going to get you within 2.5 seconds or less.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:32 am

dredwak wrote:im going to leave this here for kicks...ive never been but it might be worth a try...
TacoCasaCintiLogo03.png
http://tacocasacinti.com/menu/

Thanks Dred! I will have to check it out. I found a really great Mex place close to my new house. But it never hurts to have a back up. Hope all is well with you.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:36 am

Howdy gents!

Well, I have been MIA for a few weeks getting settled into my new house. Its been a lot of work to say the least. Boxes everywhere. Its starting to resemble a home finally.

Hope everyone is well. Broncos are 4-0. I don't care if they are close games and ugly. Would rather win ugly than lose ugly. Our defense is killer. They say that defense wins championships... we will see. We still have plenty of time to have the new offense mold and gel. It will get better.

Raider week. Sorry for the loss Rich, in advance. 8-) I am pulling for you guys in any game that we are not playing in if that helps any!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 pm

another preview
http://t.co/gDnQjeJAne
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Bigmac1979 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:53 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Remember he got really sick on a flight to or from KC, the news made it sound like he almost died. Lost of ton of weight and everything

Damn, I forgot about that...he even was put in a medically induced coma at one point and shriveled down below 260 lbs...guess that might be part of the reason he chose to use PEDs...his body may still not be at full health and strength
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Del Rio want to take down Manning
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Raiders-J ... g-40050864
I expect this from a man who has seen Peyton for the last 3 seasons he would know his weaknesses. He will come for him by coming right up the middle with A gap blitzes.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:27 pm

It's been reported that the Broncos will release James Casey

here's that
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Br ... y-40098850
Last edited by Hoppy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Hoppy wrote:Del Rio want to take down Manning
I expect this from a man who has seen Peyton for the last 3 seasons he would know his weaknesses. He will come for him by coming right up the middle with A gap blitzes.

I expect that our defense will take the tires out from Oakland's Carr in kind.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Bigmac1979 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Hoppy wrote:It's been reported that the Broncos will release James Casey

here's that

I guess the current offense is here to stay...dang, I was feeling nostalgic for some good ol' fashioned I-Formation. Still, with the running woes, it's a little surprising that they didn't try some I-Formation, if not from under center, at least out of an offset-I pistol formation.
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:54 pm

here's that

Someone had to go as you knew they'd get Wolfe in there.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:57 pm

kicks wrote:

Everyone all year has been coming for Manning. If Del Rio said they weren't going to he would have been lying.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Bigmac1979 wrote:

here's that

I guess the current offense is here to stay...dang, I was feeling nostalgic for some good ol' fashioned I-Formation. Still, with the running woes, it's a little surprising that they didn't try some I-Formation, if not from under center, at least out of an offset-I pistol formation.

Green plays some full back so I'll bet we see some I when they get in their short yardage goal line.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:30 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
kicks wrote:

Everyone all year has been coming for Manning. If Del Rio said they weren't going to he would have been lying.

don't take Del Rio too lightly He has practiced against Manning's offense the last 3 seasons. It would be smart for the Broncos to use More WC then The shot gun. Go zone blocking and run the ball they won't expect it. He will have them ready for The offense and most of the plays he knows Peyton likes to run.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
kicks wrote:

don't take Del Rio too lightly He has practiced against Manning's offense the last 3 seasons. It would be smart for the Broncos to use More WC then The shot gun. Go zone blocking and run the ball they won't expect it. He will have them ready for The offense and most of the plays he knows Peyton likes to run.

I'm not taking any of them lightly. Manning has taken a drubbing all year now because they tee off on him. I don't expect anything different. One thing that Del Rio can't stop is the quick outlet pass right after the snap. If they burn them enough he'll have to call off the dogs. Remember......Manning also knows Del Rio's defensive schemes and tendencies as well.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 pm

The Raiders are 11th against the run, the Chiefs are 14th, the Ravens are 15th, and Minnesota is 28th. The Raiders have a better run defense than anyone we've faced so far.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)