AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Another deal Elway didn't make seems to be the smartest deal of the past off season. JT hasn't played at all this season with a bad finger. I'm thinking he got a paper cut from all the money he's counting
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Hoppy wrote:Another deal Elway didn't make seems to be the smartest deal of the past off season. JT hasn't played at all this season with a bad finger. I'm thinking he got a paper cut from all the money he's counting

:up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:43 pm

D. Ware Defensive Player of The Month
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/10/1 ... -the-month
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Polumbus back in Denver.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Hoppy wrote:D. Ware Defensive Player of The Month
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/10/1 ... -the-month

:up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:19 pm

IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Not sure why they bring in a tackle with zone blocking experience when they don't use it. I'm confused. Ty must be hurt more than they're saying. This is the second Tackle they signed in 3 days. Antonio Johnson to the PS I don't like the release of Bush he is a pretty good young safety. Remember that we will have to cut someone next week when Wolfe comes back.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Injury report update
https://t.co/Bf1Hcjy1Kd
Hoppy
MVP

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Good afternoon Broncs brethren!

Hope all youse cats are doing great this week. (except as to its affects on Da Raiders or my FF lol) but always the best.

Carry on. 8-)

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:11 am

The Daily Norseman
http://t.co/CaQpmvaChj
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Hoppy wrote:The Daily Norseman

Good read. Thanks for the share Hop. I would answer the question, " give the Viking fans one player on offense and defense that they might not know but should". Shaq Barrett on D, he spells the vicious pass rush from the edge that Miller and Ware supply, and the quality of position does not drop off when he is in. Bennie Fowler on O, he has fought and won his way from the practice squad last year against some stiff competition to emerge as the 3rd receiver. He has size and speed, and is a physical receiver. Look for him to become an important target in Mannings arsenal as Peyton becomes more familiar with him on the field.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:23 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:The Daily Norseman

Good read. Thanks for the share Hop. I would answer the question, " give the Viking fans one player on offense and defense that they might not know but should". Shaq Barrett on D, he spells the vicious pass rush from the edge that Miller and Ware supply, and the quality of position does not drop off when he is in. Bennie Fowler on O, he has fought and won his way from the practice squad last year against some stiff competition to emerge as the 3rd receiver. He has size and speed, and is a physical receiver. Look for him to become an important target in Mannings arsenal as Peyton becomes more familiar with him on the field.

I agree here's two more Ray on D and bring Bibbs off the PS I'd like to give him a shot
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Another honor for the boss
http://dbron.co/7un
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 pm

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:22 pm

I thought it was a bogus call though. Williams was already in the air to get Stafford when Stafford dropped late to slide. He thought he could pick up a little more yardage and hesitated going down, not williams fault.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I thought it was a bogus call though. Williams was already in the air to get Stafford when Stafford dropped late to slide. He thought he could pick up a little more yardage and hesitated going down, not williams fault.

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:42 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I thought it was a bogus call though. Williams was already in the air to get Stafford when Stafford dropped late to slide. He thought he could pick up a little more yardage and hesitated going down, not williams fault.

Good post and I agree
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:45 pm

New starters on the Offensive Line ..... Tackles

http://t.co/go5QlRhm9q
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:30 pm

The Steelers cut Josh Scobee for missing the 2 kicks in the game I know he missed 2 the game before but I still think the coach lost the game trying the 4th and 2 and not trying to win the game with a 50 yard FG. Tomlin should be fired . I know he missed the kicks before but a pass on 4th and 2 when you miss you turn the ball over to the Ravens in good field position was the same as missing a kick that could have won the game. Tomlin played to not win the game and his team played like that afterwards. Both men should be looking for jobs today.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:50 am

Would the Broncos be better with Forte now that Chicago is willing to trade him. I like forte but The team needs to get one system and run that system only. Once the O-line gets the system down I think we can get along without Him. I think we have to try out Bibbs first and pass this trade by. I think the Broncos would have to give up too much for a player that is in the last year of his contract. He is second in the league this season with the bears using the third tackle that the Broncos employed last season when CJ went off.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:34 am

Hoppy wrote:Would the Broncos be better with Forte now that Chicago is willing to trade him. I like forte but The team needs to get one system and run that system only. Once the O-line gets the system down I think we can get along without Him. I think we have to try out Bibbs first and pass this trade by. I think the Broncos would have to give up too much for a player that is in the last year of his contract. He is second in the league this season with the bears using the third tackle that the Broncos employed last season when CJ went off.
I can't see spending the kind of money that Forte would cost. We have one of if not the best stables of young talented RBs. Yes we do have OL problems, and they got even worse with the recent injuries to TY and Evan. All we can really do right now is hope that they continue to get better as the season progresses. They will face another stiff test this week against a solid Viking front.Thank goodness we have our Defense and Peyton, or we would not be 3-0 and favored to go 4-0. I still believe we are in great shape the way John hs built this team. We are deep and that includes the QB position, so far we have survived losing our LT, now let's see if we can continue after losing a second.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:40 am

Hoppy wrote:Would the Broncos be better with Forte now that Chicago is willing to trade him. I like forte but The team needs to get one system and run that system only. Once the O-line gets the system down I think we can get along without Him. I think we have to try out Bibbs first and pass this trade by. I think the Broncos would have to give up too much for a player that is in the last year of his contract. He is second in the league this season with the bears using the third tackle that the Broncos employed last season when CJ went off.

Forte doesn't have many years left. I say no on trading for older skill players.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:55 am

IckyIPA wrote:
I can't see spending the kind of money that Forte would cost. We have one of if not the best stables of young talented RBs. Yes we do have OL problems, and they got even worse with the recent injuries to TY and Evan. All we can really do right now is hope that they continue to get better as the season progresses. They will face another stiff test this week against a solid Viking front.Thank goodness we have our Defense and Peyton, or we would not be 3-0 and favored to go 4-0. I still believe we are in great shape the way John hs built this team. We are deep and that includes the QB position, so far we have survived losing our LT, now let's see if we can continue after losing a second.

Our already sub par O line is breaking down so I am not sure where we are now. I am not sure any RB would do much better behind it. Like Elway, I am in panic mode with getting at least servicable O linemen (for Manning's Offense). I do not think we need to focus funds on RBs like Forte when our RBs are not the problem. However, We do need a RB. I am not crazy about having a scat back as our primary RB when teams are going to be sending blitz after blitz as their base D.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:42 am

Is it just me, or does Utah's yorkie look like he has his game face on? Looks like he's saying, " I'm gonna go all Chewbacca on your ankles". :twisted:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:18 pm

StandardIssueDenver wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:

Our already sub par O line is breaking down so I am not sure where we are now. I am not sure any RB would do much better behind it. Like Elway, I am in panic mode with getting at least servicable O linemen (for Manning's Offense). I do not think we need to focus funds on RBs like Forte when our RBs are not the problem. However, We do need a RB. I am not crazy about having a scat back as our primary RB when teams are going to be sending blitz after blitz as their base D.

The trade would only cost us a little over 6 million that's his pay this season. But I agree with you on some points Icky I don't think we have great Backs and we should look to draft a good one this season. on the other hand SS has it right I Think with his commits on the o-line just built the line to run the zone and we don't have a starting QB who can run it so we have to bring in linemen who can run what our starter can run. Time to let the coaches coach and the QB to play . When the team gives Manning a rest I guess they have a line to start with Brock . Like a catcher in Baseball who catches for one pitcher and the other starters use the other catcher on the team. I wish the team would find it's identity
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:44 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Is it just me, or does Utah's yorkie look like he has his game face on? Looks like he's saying, " I'm gonna go all Chewbacca on your ankles". :twisted:

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)