AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:18 pm

hey joe! long time. hope all is well.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:hey joe! long time. hope all is well.

Life is great isn't it. Good seeing all youse guys posting and keep the fires bright.

How you doing?
By the way, the geniuses running CA are making weed legal here too. As if all the totally dysfunctional jobless folks driving around like maniacs need to be more stoned. Come to think of it they will somehow make it free with medical or whatever. wow! there's a thought.
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:11 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:May be trading Sanchez to the Vikings.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnba9I

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/8/31/ ... rk-sanchez

Another article about the Vikes looking to trade for Sanchez.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:21 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Colquitt got the boot.

I liked Colquitt, he did well for a long time. He has dropped off more recently though.

I agree Springs. If it weren't for Von he could have been the SB MVP. He kept the panthers pent deep in their on territory in a defensive game. he did his part all year. No the years pre kick are down but the placement kept the returner from running them back in the SB and playoffs. He was classy even when they cut him. Someone will get a good team guy

He was 29th in gross yards average at 43.6 yards a game kicking 8 games in Mile High. I like him too but we need cap room to sign Sanders and others and the rookie is kicking as well, or better than Colquitt. This is a business....the knife cuts both ways. If the players should get paid what they do then the team shouldn't be looked down upon when they replace someone who performs as well but is cheaper. And a punter getting Super Bowl MVP is a bit of a stretch isn't it Hop?....lol. I'm pretty sure that would be a first.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ ... li=BBnba9I

This is a cool story. These kinds of gestures from an athlete mean so much to kids...especially ones with disabilities.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:26 pm

I guess it is about time I said something about the Kaepernick "national anthem protest"

1. I am a veteran. I personally was truly insulted by his behavior.
2. I do understand what "Freedom of expression" and "Freedom of speech" mean
3. Freedom isn't free, it has a high cost, Blood.
4. While I do think it is somewhat "brave" of him to speak out like this, I think as a man that is getting paid to play a game he could have found a $$ means to say it.

If for No other reason than to honor those who have lost their lives, limbs & health for the Flag & National Anthem, you should stand.

without their sacrifices, we would be speaking Russian, German or Japanese now.

- Jarhead <SALUTE!>
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:**
I guess it is about time I said something about the Kaepernick "national anthem protest"

1. I am a veteran. I personally was truly insulted by his behavior.
2. I do understand what "Freedom of expression" and "Freedom of speech" mean
3. Freedom isn't free, it has a high cost, Blood.
4. While I do think it is somewhat "brave" of him to speak out like this, I think as a man that is getting paid to play a game he could have found a $$ means to say it.

If for No other reason than to honor those who have lost their lives, limbs & health for the Flag & National Anthem, you should stand.

without their sacrifices, we would be speaking Russian, German or Japanese now.

- Jarhead <SALUTE!>

My daughter served two tours in Iraq to give him the freedom to do what he did.

That being said.......you don't disrespect the flag and the people who defended it.

I respect the fact he stood up for a cause...but......do it in a way that doesn't tear down the very country, that allows you to be able to voice your views. It was disrespectful....... he has plenty of opportunities to voice his opinion without doing that.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:hey joe! long time. hope all is well.

Life is great isn't it. Good seeing all youse guys posting and keep the fires bright.

How you doing?
By the way, the geniuses running CA are making weed legal here too. As if all the totally dysfunctional jobless folks driving around like maniacs need to be more stoned. Come to think of it they will somehow make it free with medical or whatever. wow! there's a thought.

Good to see you my friend! Always a pleasure when you come by.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Great to see all my brothers in here. Jarhead speaks for many of us. I have seen the cost first hand. The loss of large parts of our lives and body and in far too many cases lives. Show respect for our military and all that makes America great. Lets make sure we keep America free.

God bless.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:47 pm

rdrJoe wrote:Great to see all my brothers in here. Jarhead speaks for many of us. I have seen the cost first hand. The loss of large parts of our lives and body and in far too many cases lives. Show respect for our military and all that makes America great. Lets make sure we keep America free.

God bless.

Peace !

Hey there Bro. Joe,

What really "irks" me about the whole situation is that he claims to have the highest respect for the armed forces.
My Dad, also a veteran, said, "listen to their words, but believe the behavior"

May the KING always have his eyes on you and yours
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 am

Time is running out guys, let's fill up the pick'em league. Raider fans welcome also ;)

Yahoo Pick'em Info:

Name: Swiss Broncos
PW: Millertime
Group ID: 1374
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:11 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kaepernick-chooses-not-to-stand-during-national-anthem/ar-BBw78pc?li=BBnba9I

I think we dodged a bullet here not trading for this guy. Between his "arm fatigue" and irrational reasoning to make "statements" about everything all of the time, he's nothing but trouble.

I don't know if not standing is the right way to fight this fight but It got attention and that's what counts. It's the same thing with wearing a BLM T-shirt. He doesn't hate this country he hates the way people in this country can't see that it is out right murder of the Black Males in this country and No one seems to care. There will be more who will stand or in this case sit with him around the league. Protest is a right of free speech. I agree with what he says. Most Vets have come home from wars and have gone homeless. They don't hate this country but they have a fight and if anyone felt strong enough about their fight and did the same what would people say. If it wasn't a race thing would the country be that upset with him. Other have done the same Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf did the same thing. At that time people were upset that he prayed for peace at that time. I respected his right to do so as an American. Just as Kaep has the right as an American. a 1st Amendment right. Just as You have a right to have assault weapons and will fight to keep them he has the right to sit in protest. Better then burning down a building

Lol at "better than burning down a building".

You are correct sir except the assault weapon part...I don't own one myself....but this country is built so anyone can freely express their opinions. That's the beauty of America. He can say whatever he likes as it's his right.

Don't you find it odd though that a player that struggled last year so much and isn't showing anything worthwhile this year all of a sudden makes an out of character move to draw undo national attention to himself? He hasn't protested anything ever before now. It just seems odd...

In any event I could see the Niners cutting their losses with him for purely football reasons. He won't take a pay cut.....struggles when he does play.......I'm still glad we didn't trade for him as he looks to be a really high paid Sanchez spiraling in.

Good seeing you still here bro. I have restrained comment on the web (for the most part ahem) on this clown (whoops) but freedom of speech is one of our fantastic rights and should be protected at almost all costs. However, in this guys case he is/was an employee on the job being paid 12 mil a year?? ugh. he was not out on his own time he was on the job. The NBA has a written mandate for standing (if possible and reasonable) for the anthem. NFL I haven't looked into but while at work unless (at least I still think it is) we are to follow their guidelines and policies and again unless it violates our right to religious freedoms. So, IMO if the chump wants to show contempt and lack of respect for the very liberties that allowed him to be where he is today and does it on his own time? Have a blast.

Sorry for butting in, but I at first had not considered the whens and circumstances of his bs protest. ahem. geeeesh I am getting grumpy. lol

Later gang and all the best.

Peace !

Joe come on man everyone has an opinion and we all have a right to express that opinion here. You are welcome to but in anytime on me. I respect your opinion and glad to have it. The NFL doesn't have the right to tell you to stand in their contract (YET) sure they will do something about that next season. Look for more Players in every sport and people in the stands to sit now that Keapernick has gotten so much attention from this. he is 100 times better than what we have as QB right now Utah. Yeah He is a problem off the field but they hated Ali in the day and he had the same problem. The two guys that held their fist up in the air had the same problem in 68 Olympics. This has been a problem for a lifetime to all of us and we all don't pay attention to it B/C it doesn't affect us all. but the problem is there. So I don't disrespect the flag or this country but I will not stand when I go to the next game myself. Like Trump says what the hell we got to lose. We haven't won anything in my 60 years of living.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:48 pm

I'd take Ali over Kap any day...as a person, role model, etc. Kap is now wearing pig socks to practice dressed as cops. Sorry my friend...do what you have to do and you have the right to any opinion you like....but don't chide me for thinking Kap is basically just a POS trying to divert attention from the fact he pretty much sucks as a QB and he's about to get cut. I'll take what we have over him any day my friend.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:50 pm

And Joe is American Indian......preaching to him about racial inequality is a bit much don't you think?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:And Joe is American Indian......preaching to him about racial inequality is a bit much don't you think?

Joe said that he didn't know if there was something in the NFL contract that forbade the players from sitting. I told him no it wasn't. I also told him that he didn't have to say sorry for butting in on my conversation I welcome his opinion. The first part of my comment was to Joe. Not one time did I as you put it preach to him about racial inequality. I didn't think I was preaching to you either, sorry you took it that way.What difference does it make if Joe is Native American or not anyway. We all including me need lessons on race relations. But that's for another day I guess.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Our 3rd and 4th string are getting it handed to them. I know most of these guys are hitting the unemployment line tomorrow but I would like to see them move the ball and stop the ball before the game is over.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:24 am

Hoppy wrote:Our 3rd and 4th string are getting it handed to them. I know most of these guys are hitting the unemployment line tomorrow but I would like to see them move the ball and stop the ball before the game is over.

There's a huge drop off in talent from the 1st and 2nd string to the 3rd and 4th it looks like.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:25 am

Due to lack of interest I'm shutting down the Fox Sports live draft FF league.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:29 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:And Joe is American Indian......preaching to him about racial inequality is a bit much don't you think?

Joe said that he didn't know if there was something in the NFL contract that forbade the players from sitting. I told him no it wasn't. I also told him that he didn't have to say sorry for butting in on my conversation I welcome his opinion. The first part of my comment was to Joe. Not one time did I as you put it preach to him about racial inequality. I didn't think I was preaching to you either, sorry you took it that way.What difference does it make if Joe is Native American or not anyway. We all including me need lessons on race relations. But that's for another day I guess.

No problem. No offense intended. Racial bias is a problem with every race. We need to get past all of that and judge people on the merits or lack there of. Genetically we're all almost identical so any kind of racism is wrong.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Kneeling is a much better gesture than sitting on the bench looking disinterested and then coming up with an excuse after the fact. Kneeling gives a better suggestion that he is being respectful of the anthem, our country and those that served. Guy probably hired a new PR rep :lol: Still don't agree 100% with doing this but between the new method and his donation at least he is trying.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kae ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:57 pm

I understand all of you who have served this country having a problem with what Keapernick is doing. And no matter what he says will change the fact that you put your life on the line for this country and I thank you for my somewhat freedom. He has said as much and what I'm going to say will turn your stomach ulcers so grab a glass of milk. I worry every day that my 3 sons come home safely. They are grown and respectable (I hope) at least around my wife and myself they are. That being said they don't belong to a gang .all work but there is a perception out there about young Black Males. I have been pulled over by the police and they walk up to the car with hands on their guns and I haven't been mistaken for young in well some time now. One cop on each side of the car even if I have my grand daughter with me and my wife they act as if we are thugs. Then after running my ID they let me go with a warning for something I didn't do. I have decided that next month when I buy my new car the first stop will be at the Police station so they won't stop me as much. Every cop has to know who is driving the new car in their area. Sorry guys it's true some need to be arrested but not all need to be harassed. Sorry I will not jump back on this again but Jeremy Lane of the Seahawks joined Keapernick by sitting last night. He will not be the last more will sit in the stands. and I hope all Races will try to understand what it feels like being shot for nothing and or murders getting paid leave for doing it. a reward I call it. Who will take my place as a black man for a week and live like we do . who would do it really if you could don't answer just in your heart would you? I'm done on this but I will respect your thoughts.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Hoppy wrote:I understand all of you who have served this country having a problem with what Keapernick is doing. And no matter what he says will change the fact that you put your life on the line for this country and I thank you for my somewhat freedom. He has said as much and what I'm going to say will turn your stomach ulcers so grab a glass of milk. I worry every day that my 3 sons come home safely. They are grown and respectable (I hope) at least around my wife and myself they are. That being said they don't belong to a gang .all work but there is a perception out there about young Black Males. I have been pulled over by the police and they walk up to the car with hands on their guns and I haven't been mistaken for young in well some time now. One cop on each side of the car even if I have my grand daughter with me and my wife they act as if we are thugs. Then after running my ID they let me go with a warning for something I didn't do. I have decided that next month when I buy my new car the first stop will be at the Police station so they won't stop me as much. Every cop has to know who is driving the new car in their area. Sorry guys it's true some need to be arrested but not all need to be harassed. Sorry I will not jump back on this again but Jeremy Lane of the Seahawks joined Keapernick by sitting last night. He will not be the last more will sit in the stands. and I hope all Races will try to understand what it feels like being shot for nothing and or murders getting paid leave for doing it. a reward I call it. Who will take my place as a black man for a week and live like we do . who would do it really if you could don't answer just in your heart would you? I'm done on this but I will respect your thoughts.

Ok I did preach this time Utah sorry
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Back to Football The Broncos are seeking a trade for Hillman and cut Thompson
https://t.co/XWakOpUUD8
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Here are the cuts
https://t.co/xbLTYqAB1H
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Sorry to see Juwan go, but let's be real, the only time he made it past third string, was due to injuries. I think that means the are planning on keeping Kreiger-Coble as a back up FB/HB and fourth TE. I believe they keep Phillips too at TE, joining Green and Huiermann.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Howdy! It’s been just over 3 months since I last posted. Had a lot going on and was just too busy to post. I was working and also went to a trade school. I decided it was time for a change in my career yet again. Medical for over 20 years, then as a Correctional Officer for a few years and then back to medical for the last 5 years. I found out how much money truck drivers make and decided to take the plunge. Finished the required schooling and passed all the multiple tests that are required. I was busting my hump in medical and now I can make substantially more with my CDL. Plus, I don’t have to put up with all the office BS any more. Be on the road, where its quiet and see the country. Put my app in to a few local companies and waiting to see what happens. I have no idea how much I will be around, but I will try not to let this much time lapse again.

I know a few people have left for the OM site. I checked it out, not really my cup of tea. I will miss the guys that left for whatever reason they left. You all are a great bunch of guys. Each and every one of you. Hopefully, maybe they will drop by every so often and say hello. Ok, enough of the sappy stuff.

My take on things: The Broncos. Hmmm…. Not sure what to expect. I like Siemian better that butt face, er, I mean butt fumble. The future looks very good with Lynch. Our defense is still a force to be reckoned with. I heard they are still finding little bits of Tom Brady in the turf at Mile High from the AFC Championship game. We have 3 Superbowl wins. I am pretty happy with things. The future looks bright.

Kap – There are better ways to express yourself than to disrespect the flag. The flag is for our country. It’s a representative of all of us. Kneeling is a bit better than sitting. Your socks were in poor taste. Glad we did not take on this train wreck. Icky, was he this weird at Nevada? Lol

Tony Romo – I have heard of a guy with a glass jaw, but this dude has a glass body. They have a warrior in Dak Prescott. He has been impressive. The Cowboys will be a force in the future as soon as they move on from Romo.

Tom Brady – The Golden Boy. Finally, justice is served. His reputation is now tainted, just like the Patriots and pretty much all of their superbowl victories*. No disrespect to the Pats fans. It is what it is.

Well, I have rattled on too much. GO BRONCOS!!!!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Sorry if you're getting tired of seeing this info, I just want to make sure that everyone who wants to join gets a chance! There is still time but it is running out.

Yahoo Pick'em Info:

Name: Swiss Broncos
PW: Millertime
Group ID: 1374
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Welcome back Kicks. Good to see you around. My grandpa drove a truck for I don't know how many years before they took his license for medical reasons. It was the right thing but that guy loves to keep moving. Good luck with your new career.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Hoppy wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I understand all of you who have served this country having a problem with what Keapernick is doing. And no matter what he says will change the fact that you put your life on the line for this country and I thank you for my somewhat freedom. He has said as much and what I'm going to say will turn your stomach ulcers so grab a glass of milk. I worry every day that my 3 sons come home safely. They are grown and respectable (I hope) at least around my wife and myself they are. That being said they don't belong to a gang .all work but there is a perception out there about young Black Males. I have been pulled over by the police and they walk up to the car with hands on their guns and I haven't been mistaken for young in well some time now. One cop on each side of the car even if I have my grand daughter with me and my wife they act as if we are thugs. Then after running my ID they let me go with a warning for something I didn't do. I have decided that next month when I buy my new car the first stop will be at the Police station so they won't stop me as much. Every cop has to know who is driving the new car in their area. Sorry guys it's true some need to be arrested but not all need to be harassed. Sorry I will not jump back on this again but Jeremy Lane of the Seahawks joined Keapernick by sitting last night. He will not be the last more will sit in the stands. and I hope all Races will try to understand what it feels like being shot for nothing and or murders getting paid leave for doing it. a reward I call it. Who will take my place as a black man for a week and live like we do . who would do it really if you could don't answer just in your heart would you? I'm done on this but I will respect your thoughts.

Ok I did preach this time Utah sorry

LOL...no problem. I see your point. May not agree with Kap and his deal but I see your point.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Welcome Back Kicks.....and good luck with your new vocation.

Utah...no FF this year?

Hoppy...beat them cubbies...my Bucs can't.

Everyone have a safe and Happy labor Day weekend :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)