AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 am

Pretty cool quote.

“The critics are always right. The only way you shut them up is by winning.”

Chuck Noll
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 am

A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:36 am

Question - Do you think Cam will go back to show boating next season? Doing all the dabing and the Superman move every 10 seconds or has he learned some humilty? I know he says he won't conform so I expect that he won't change much. My thought is that he will curb it for a bit. Maybe slow it down a little. I'm all for a little bit of celebrating but I'm thinking he might remember this game for a good long time.

The most objectionable thing to me was destroying fan signs and tearing down flags and banners. No need for that.
kicks
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 am

kicks wrote:Question - Do you think Cam will go back to show boating next season? Doing all the dabing and the Superman move every 10 seconds or has he learned some humilty? I know he says he won't conform so I expect that he won't change much. My thought is that he will curb it for a bit. Maybe slow it down a little. I'm all for a little bit of celebrating but I'm thinking he might remember this game for a good long time.

The most objectionable thing to me was destroying fan signs and tearing down flags and banners. No need for that.

You first have to admit it, to get it Kicks. All I have heard him do, is try to explain or justify his actions. I do see him toning it down a bit next year, but only to avoid criticism, and only because of what people are saying now, will leave a permanent scar. He still has some growing up to do, and we all know that takes time. I think he is a good guy, and like most people that age, he'll have to make the same mistakes a few times, for it to actually sink in. It, being humility, It, being the Golden Rule ;)
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:31 am

Manning requested, and received the ball from the final completion he made in the Super Bowl for the 2 point conversion. Sounds like someone who is ready to ride out on top and wants the final ball he has and will throw in the NFL.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_20314513
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Two awesome Sundays in a row. Superbowl last Sunday and the long awaited premier of the second half of
The Walking Dead this Sunday.

I should petition for a Walking Dead forum here! Springs would have to avoid that section.
Attachments
paste-walking-dead-redneck.jpg
paste-walking-dead-redneck.jpg (113.72 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:39 pm

That's it!!!!! Figured out the post game interview. Cam was practicing for a cameo on The Walking Dead. Obviously not one of the live actors. :lol:
Attachments
08-cam-newton-superbowl-005.w529.h352.2x.jpg
08-cam-newton-superbowl-005.w529.h352.2x.jpg (49.75 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:43 pm

I apologize if I offended any zombies.
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:50 pm

kicks wrote:Two awesome Sundays in a row. Superbowl last Sunday and the long awaited premier of the second half of

I should petition for a Walking Dead forum here! Springs would have to avoid that section.

But I love the Walking Dead! One of my favorite TV shows. I just don't have cable anymore lol
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:52 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
kicks wrote:Two awesome Sundays in a row. Superbowl last Sunday and the long awaited premier of the second half of

But I love the Walking Dead! One of my favorite TV shows. I just don't have cable anymore lol
Springs, go to AMC.com and you can view past episodes on their Walking Dead link. Once the season starts, you should be able to view the most recent episode, within a day or so.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:01 pm

It's good to be King
Attachments
12715650_723151101153996_2803759661726628303_n.jpg
12715650_723151101153996_2803759661726628303_n.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Nice.
Attachments
bespoke-footballs-super-bowl-50-01-1200x800.jpg
bespoke-footballs-super-bowl-50-01-1200x800.jpg (30.71 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:24 am

IckyIPA wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Springs, go to AMC.com and you can view past episodes on their Walking Dead link. Once the season starts, you should be able to view the most recent episode, within a day or so.

I've tried that. They usually have a couple free episodes but the rest are locked unless you login through your cable provider.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:02 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

I've tried that. They usually have a couple free episodes but the rest are locked unless you login through your cable provider.

Two questions - How are you watching the episodes now?

How can you live without cable/satellite?
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:06 pm

I might have a suggestion but it would have to be discussed behind the scenes. I'll have to see if TWD is even on this (shall we say service).
kicks
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Nice.

** I was kinda hoping that the entire trophy would have been GOLD instead of Silver, then the "significance" of #50 would be even
greater, Pittsburg, Brady, Dallas, GB, SF you might have more than us but there is only 1 #50

OBTW, for Cam, "who is to say your way is right?" Remember those little kids that you give the footballs to when you or some other team member scores?
those little eyes light up because their football hero just gave them a football right off the field and later on, you were kind enough to autograph said football?

Well, I say "GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP" says it is right, or don't you remember those lessons when you played pop warner & in High School?
I understand being a poor loser, there is no such thing as a good loser, there is a person who recognizes that this is a GAME, that HE is a ROLE MODEL despite being a childish punk, and HE has learned how to lose with grace. Ask Tom Brady, Ask Jim Kelly, Ask your coach, ask anyone who has lost the "BIG GAME" but was MAN enough to acknowledge that his team and he himself did not do enough to win.
I for one am glad we didn't get to see the showboating superman dap I just won the Superbowl display.

Take your humble pie and eat the pieces slowly, enjoy the flavor, there is always next year!
IF you get there by yourself,remember there is no I in TEAM.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:03 pm

kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Two questions - How are you watching the episodes now?

How can you live without cable/satellite?

I only watched part of the first episode this season. So I'm not watching it right now. I have an apple tv and I stream netfilx through that currently. I also have an antenna so I get local stations.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Nice.

** I was kinda hoping that the entire trophy would have been GOLD instead of Silver, then the "significance" of #50 would be even
greater, Pittsburg, Brady, Dallas, GB, SF you might have more than us but there is only 1 #50

OBTW, for Cam, "who is to say your way is right?" Remember those little kids that you give the footballs to when you or some other team member scores?
those little eyes light up because their football hero just gave them a football right off the field and later on, you were kind enough to autograph said football?

Well, I say "GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP" says it is right, or don't you remember those lessons when you played pop warner & in High School?
I understand being a poor loser, there is no such thing as a good loser, there is a person who recognizes that this is a GAME, that HE is a ROLE MODEL despite being a childish punk, and HE has learned how to lose with grace. Ask Tom Brady, Ask Jim Kelly, Ask your coach, ask anyone who has lost the "BIG GAME" but was MAN enough to acknowledge that his team and he himself did not do enough to win.
I for one am glad we didn't get to see the showboating superman dap I just won the Superbowl display.

Take your humble pie and eat the pieces slowly, enjoy the flavor, there is always next year!
IF you get there by yourself,remember there is no I in TEAM.

Nicely put.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Ok Springs. So you are getting it, just a little behind. Lol

Such a great show. This season has been spectacular. Kind of like our Broncos!
Last edited by kicks on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:13 pm

IckyIPA wrote:It's good to be King

Awesome pic. :up: :up:
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Cool. The shirt came in. It's very nice. Good quality. I wasn't sure what was on the front but its just a smaller version of the design on the back.
kicks
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:51 pm

Hello guys Awesome f*cking win. Happy for all the old timers who've waited 16 years to get number 3

Hope all are doing well
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:52 pm

Hey Yi! Good to see you my friend!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Denver is doing pretty good in the big game since I became a fan in 1995. 3 wins out of 4 appearances. I know it was harder for fans before then though. 3 losses in 4 years stings. But like I said before, not many other teams can say they put themselves in the position to win it 8 times.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:07 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Denver is doing pretty good in the big game since I became a fan in 1995. 3 wins out of 4 appearances. I know it was harder for fans before then though. 3 losses in 4 years stings. But like I said before, not many other teams can say they put themselves in the position to win it 8 times.

I've been a fan since the later 60's. I suffered through much indignation until the 90's....lol

But not many teams have been there 8 times...Denver, Dallas, and the Steelers.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Denver is doing pretty good in the big game since I became a fan in 1995. 3 wins out of 4 appearances. I know it was harder for fans before then though. 3 losses in 4 years stings. But like I said before, not many other teams can say they put themselves in the position to win it 8 times.

I've been a fan since the later 60's. I suffered through much indignation until the 90's....lol

But not many teams have been there 8 times...Denver, Dallas, and the Steelers.

You forgot the P*ts. They have been there 8 times. It's easy to block them out though. Lol

But yes, 4 teams have been 8 times. None have been 9. We are in elite company.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:26 am

YiRox wrote:Hello guys Awesome f*cking win. Happy for all the old timers who've waited 16 years to get number 3

Hope all are doing well

Yi. Good to see you. It was a great defensive win. Hope all is well with you and yours as well.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

I became a fan in 82 when Elway came into the league. I was pretty young when they went in 77. But I suffered greatly in the 80's. Picture the Seahawks times 3. It was crushing. Having these 3 wins is about as good as it gets!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:54 am

kicks wrote:

I became a fan in 82 when Elway came into the league. I was pretty young when they went in 77. But I suffered greatly in the 80's. Picture the Seahawks times 3. It was crushing. Having these 3 wins is about as good as it gets!!!

Agreed, the game against the seahawks was awful, couldn't imagine going through that year after year.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:03 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
kicks wrote:

Agreed, the game against the seahawks was awful, couldn't imagine going through that year after year.

I had flashbacks after the Seattle SB. I'm sure a lot of us did. This win felt great. After that first defensive series, I knew we had it. We picked up right where we left off with New England. I wasn't sure if they could sustain that but they did.

Von Miller is a beast!!! I hope they keep most of this defense intact.
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)