AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:55 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself to CK, Peace, and Pollster. I'm Icky, it's short for my favorite beer, Ichthyosaur IPA from a local brewery here in Reno. I've been a Bronco fan since I knew what pro football was. I jumped into the previous site 2 years ago and got to liking all the guys that Kicks and Ute have been sending over here. I like your product and plan on sticking around. I'm not as Icky as my name and you won't have any trouble from me.

You're the least of anyone's problem here Icky. You're a nice guy. They keep track of me more than you and I've known ck since 2007. Lol. I was one of the first 15th or 16th on the original Switzerland site ....quit....rejoined again...lol. and one of the early ones on this version in 2010. I've been warned more around here than you ever will be....lmao. Thank God ck likes me....lol
Right on Utah, I'm pretty tame until trolls get under my skin, then it's on !
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:59 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself to CK, Peace, and Pollster. I'm Icky, it's short for my favorite beer, Ichthyosaur IPA from a local brewery here in Reno. I've been a Bronco fan since I knew what pro football was. I jumped into the previous site 2 years ago and got to liking all the guys that Kicks and Ute have been sending over here. I like your product and plan on sticking around. I'm not as Icky as my name and you won't have any trouble from me.

You're the least of anyone's problem here Icky. You're a nice guy. They keep track of me more than you and I've known ck since 2007. Lol. I was one of the first 15th or 16th on the original Switzerland site ....quit....rejoined again...lol. and one of the early ones on this version in 2010. I've been warned more around here than you ever will be....lmao. Thank God ck likes me....lol
Right on Utah, I'm pretty tame until trolls get under my skin, then it's on !

Lol....you've seen me with trolls. they can't take root here. They have a big ass eject button here.
Last edited by OnlyInUtah on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:02 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
YiRox wrote:

Know less about him than I do proper flatware placement.

Worthy of a comp pick or is he the hope like hell he goes thru and then UDFA signing?

You're correct icky, great function that edit button.

I'd use a comp pick on him. Just a late one. Extreme potential but a project right now.

Howdy Yi, Yup the link has a few game films on him and I wasn't impressed. I'd keep Dysert first, but it sounds like there looking to let him go for less than third year money at QB3.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:22 pm

How you doing man, like the name and I use to have a natural mineral and fossil gallery in So Cal. Sold a very nice ichthyosaurus years back out of there. They were the guys that ate Ammonites and were related to early dolphins. I was born in Colorado, (Colorado Springs) but moved to So Cal before I was 1 and been here ever since. It's a comfortable little area to hang in that's for sure. Back in the day, (Swiss ver1) you would find people talking all through the night at times. It was pretty crazy busy, however it was a very fast moving single thread and could be hard to keep up with at times. Utah was mentioning being an early poster in Switzerland, I think I was the first here, and I'd have to refer to CK as to how early I was on the previous version, but it was in the single digits too. I came over from Fox when it just got out of control and had a bunch of trolls and some guys beating their collective chests saying they were going to take everyone done in there. (basically just using an exploited line of code that would let them hide peoples post for a short time.) Got pretty silly and then the monitors went kind of dysfunctional, and you would never know when they would address an issue or not and getting a simple response was like pulling teeth.

That was the beginning of the original Switzerland.... the rest is history. Good to see you here and all the others that are giving it a try also.

Dolphin Phan here!
Have a great night!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Man....having to be down in Moab at Jeep Safari week is a trip. I own three Jeep Wranglers but the ones you see are amazing. There's a 47 parked right outside my room with a Buick 231 V6 right now. They had one downtown today with a price on of 110K and it was probably worth it....lol. That's more than double what I paid to have my Salt Lake house built in the mid 80s....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 pm

TryThinking wrote:

How you doing man, like the name and I use to have a natural mineral and fossil gallery in So Cal. Sold a very nice ichthyosaurus years back out of there. They were the guys that ate Ammonites and were related to early dolphins. I was born in Colorado, (Colorado Springs) but moved to So Cal before I was 1 and been here ever since. It's a comfortable little area to hang in that's for sure. Back in the day, (Swiss ver1) you would find people talking all through the night at times. It was pretty crazy busy, however it was a very fast moving single thread and could be hard to keep up with at times. Utah was mentioning being an early poster in Switzerland, I think I was the first here, and I'd have to refer to CK as to how early I was on the previous version, but it was in the single digits too. I came over from Fox when it just got out of control and had a bunch of trolls and some guys beating their collective chests saying they were going to take everyone done in there. (basically just using an exploited line of code that would let them hide peoples post for a short time.) Got pretty silly and then the monitors went kind of dysfunctional, and you would never know when they would address an issue or not and getting a simple response was like pulling teeth.

That was the beginning of the original Switzerland.... the rest is history. Good to see you here and all the others that are giving it a try also.

Dolphin Phan here!
Have a great night!

You were before me TT but I wasn't far behind you. I joined with Reecey. We were all tired of it.
Last edited by OnlyInUtah on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 pm

TryThinking wrote:

Dolphin Phan here!
Have a great night!

Thanks for the welcome Try, looking forward to interacting with you more in the future
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 pm

And those trolls TT? We defeated them at their own game there. They were banned finally. I still remained until last week. Only Mark was left and he pretty much left everything alone after that. Then Fox opened up to FB and let them all back in. The inmates are running the Fox Asylum now again. I'm done with the place now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:36 pm

TT is a cool dude, Icky.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:36 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:And those trolls TT? We defeated them at their own game there. They were banned finally. I still remained until last week. Only Mark was left and he pretty much left everything alone after that. Then Fox opened up to FB and let them all back in. The inmates are running the Fox Asylam now again. I'm done with the place now.

Yeah, I heard the story over time. I would pop in every now and then just to see if the inmates were still running the place. :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:40 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Thanks for the welcome Try, looking forward to interacting with you more in the future

I get in when I can, and probably a bit more often at night then daytime. I'm out looking for a new work gig at the moment, so that's taking up a bit of my "Free" time. :roll:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:46 pm

TryThinking wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Thanks for the welcome Try, looking forward to interacting with you more in the future

I get in when I can, and probably a bit more often at night then daytime. I'm out looking for a new work gig at the moment, so that's taking up a bit of my "Free" time. :roll:

Work in general is taking up all my free time lately. The money is great but the hours aren't. I'm starting to look at retirement seriously now. The problem is I like having extra money to pay for new toys.....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 pm

And I like toys...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Work in general is taking up all my free time lately. The money is great but the hours aren't. I'm starting to look at retirement seriously now. The problem is I like having extra money to pay for new toys.....lol

Yeah, I don't mind the hours at all, I just need to find something again. Quit my photography job because of the people I was working with, not so good people.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 pm

TryThinking wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:And those trolls TT? We defeated them at their own game there. They were banned finally. I still remained until last week. Only Mark was left and he pretty much left everything alone after that. Then Fox opened up to FB and let them all back in. The inmates are running the Fox Asylam now again. I'm done with the place now.

Yeah, I heard the story over time. I would pop in every now and then just to see if the inmates were still running the place. :D

I lost 10-15 profiles in the scrum....lol. But we won and they didn't.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:53 pm

TryThinking wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Work in general is taking up all my free time lately. The money is great but the hours aren't. I'm starting to look at retirement seriously now. The problem is I like having extra money to pay for new toys.....lol

Yeah, I don't mind the hours at all, I just need to find something again. Quit my photography job because of the people I was working with, not so good people.

That makes all the difference in the world. I quit a dream job to take the one I have for the same reason. And I make as much or more money a year and like who I work for. When you get older you don't have as much tolerance for lack of integrity.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm sitting in Moab in a motel drinking beer. The best thing about my job is I move about.....not far from home but about.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:06 am

Life!!! Its so good to see life again. It was just Ck and I posting for the last year to keep the place alive. I love her but I'm sure she was getting sick of just me. :lol:

I checked. It was 14 months of just her and I. Wow! Things have changed. Now I have to get some real work done before I get fired.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby RushAndTucker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:49 am

Hey Bronx fans... I went to the Blogs and saw my old friend Em.. Read a lot of the early days of him and CK... I saw him on the FOX Texans board just after the new year 2015 for one post and a couple of likes.. He must have puter probs... I have his E-mail saved somewhere.. I'm a Louisiana transplant from Beaumont and we conversed on some of our glory days there.. miss his views and tutelage..
Anyway Go Broncos
Geaux Saints
Geaux Saints... I love me some Cajun food..
RushAndTucker
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:13 am

RushAndTucker wrote:Hey Bronx fans... I went to the Blogs and saw my old friend Em.. Read a lot of the early days of him and CK... I saw him on the FOX Texans board just after the new year 2015 for one post and a couple of likes.. He must have puter probs... I have his E-mail saved somewhere.. I'm a Louisiana transplant from Beaumont and we conversed on some of our glory days there.. miss his views and tutelage..
Anyway Go Broncos
Geaux Saints

Emeritus posts on Facebook quite a bit. I'll tell him you were looking for him Rush.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:27 am

Utah, can you help 27 on the Saints page with her av? I am referring everyone to you for this. I am more into recruiting and the new team page design.

She would greatly appreciate it. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Hop? Is it really slow? I would think we would have news from you. Come to depend on it. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:30 pm

dredwak wrote:Image i hope the Broncos win the super bowl...

that is the hope of all of us here I just like to see them do well in the Draft first.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:40 pm

kicks wrote:Hop? Is it really slow? I would think we would have news from you. Come to depend on it. :D

Antonio Smith has agreed to a one year contract with the broncos for 2 million
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Hoppy wrote:
kicks wrote:Hop? Is it really slow? I would think we would have news from you. Come to depend on it. :D

http://t.co/MymXQGWJVO Mannings Duke workout is on
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

http://t.co/MymXQGWJVO Mannings Duke workout is on

with Smith that gives the Broncos the option to move Ware to the other end and let Danny T play the OLB where he can be a star. We would have Ware, Smith and Von what a pass rush. Look out for the top 3 defense this season.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:43 pm

kicks wrote:Utah, can you help 27 on the Saints page with her av? I am referring everyone to you for this. I am more into recruiting and the new team page design.

She would greatly appreciate it. :D

I'll go over and help her out. I just got back from Moab.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:03 pm

I posted the instructions on the Saints page for 27, Kicks.

For anyone who needs to know how to load an Avatar:

To load an Avatar you have to pick out a photo you want and resize it to 90 pixels by 90 pixels or under to be under 6 KB max limit. Both limits have to be satisfied. That's the size limit here for an AV. After you do that just click on "User Control Panel" at the top of the page and then click the second tab on the top row that says "Profile". Click the third tab on the side that says "Edit Avatar". Then click the "Browse" button and load the resized 90 x 90 pixel photo and the click "Submit" and you'll have an Avatar.

To resize your pic you can use Microsoft Paint, which is loaded on almost all PC's, or any other photo editing program.
Last edited by OnlyInUtah on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:34 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I posted the instructions on the Saints page for 27, Kicks.

For anyone who needs to know how to load an Avatar:

To load an Avatar you have to pick out a photo you want and resize it to 90 pixels by 90 pixels. That's the size limit here for an AV. After you do that just click on "User Control Panel" at the top of the page and then click the second tab on the top row that says "Profile". Click the third tab on the side that says "Edit Avatar". Then click the "Browse" button and load the resized 90 x 90 pixel photo and the click "Submit" and you'll have an Avatar.

To resize your pic you can use Microsoft Paint, which is loaded on almost all PC's, or any other photo editing program.

i played around with this a little this morning...re-sized a pic to 90 x 90 pixels and it was still over the 6kb limit...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:38 pm

this one
Attachments
voodoo.png
voodoo.png (5.83 KiB) Viewed 18126 times
voodoo.jpg
voodoo.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 18128 times
Last edited by dredwak on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dredwak
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)