AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Oh man, Kap is vegan, no wonder why nobody is signing him :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tea ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:41 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Oh man, Kap is vegan, no wonder why nobody is signing him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kap is basically uncoachable I think is the reason.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:40 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Oh man, Kap is vegan, no wonder why nobody is signing him :lol: :lol: :lol:

we all know that the league has blackballed him to punish him for the black eye he gave the league for taking the knee. He will get a job but it will be at their price. This will teach anyone who does the league a disfavor. If you look at his stats last season he was on paste to throw the most TD's in his career if he had played 16 games. with the lowest INT's. can we say collusion or will we admit to it. The problem is with them all saying the same thing HE DOESN'T FIT OUR OFFENSE the NFLPA will have a hard time proving it. But someone will make a mistake and he will sue the league for millions if they don't give him a fair chance to prolong his career.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

we all know that the league has blackballed him to punish him for the black eye he gave the league for taking the knee. He will get a job but it will be at their price. This will teach anyone who does the league a disfavor. If you look at his stats last season he was on paste to throw the most TD's in his career if he had played 16 games. with the lowest INT's. can we say collusion or will we admit to it. The problem is with them all saying the same thing HE DOESN'T FIT OUR OFFENSE the NFLPA will have a hard time proving it. But someone will make a mistake and he will sue the league for millions if they don't give him a fair chance to prolong his career.

Maybe so but he isn't a good fit for us.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 am

Now...if Kap wants to sign a 5-6 million dollar contract to COMPETE for the starting job instead of having handed to him that's a different matter. Incentive laden contract with tangible bonuses kicking in for certain goals to make what he thinks he's worth. Then Denver should look at him. last year not wanting to reduce his contract price in the Denver negotiations doesn't set well with Elway but if he was willing to sign a 1 year performance based contract to get his value back up then he'd probably listen. Kap's value has dropped because of the last couple of seasons play. If he's willing to sign a "prove it" contract where he can still make money if he performs? Several teams will look at him because of raw talent alone. As long as he keeps his primadonna attitude..... teams won't. And that has nothing to do with his National Anthem stance last year...it has to do with his general attitude since he went to a Super Bowl. He's been less than Super since then.....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:03 pm

His social stances don't bother me other than I disagree with the way he's done it but that's why this in America....we can all have differences in opinion. But looking at the teams needs I would only welcome him if he signed a "prove it" contract because he needs to show why he's still a premier QB and not what he's shown lately. It's basically a "what can you do for me now" point in his career despite the injuries, bad team, and other reasons for his slide into mediocrity. If he's all he thinks he is then he should be willing to prove it. My guess he'll turn his nose up at that and that's fine too. Maybe Cleveland will sign him to compliment Oz...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:14 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:His social stances don't bother me other than I disagree with the way he's done it but that's why this in America....we can all have differences in opinion. But looking at the teams needs I would only welcome him if he signed a "prove it" contract because he needs to show why he's still a premier QB and not what he's shown lately. It's basically a "what can you do for me now" point in his career despite the injuries, bad team, and other reasons for his slide into mediocrity. If he's all he thinks he is then he should be willing to prove it. My guess he'll turn his nose up at that and that's fine too. Maybe Cleveland will sign him to compliment Oz...lol

As a veteran, I totally disagree with the stance <kneeling> while the national anthem played. I didn't necessarily agree with how Brandon Marshall {Broncos} did his either. What I did like was a least Marshall was DOING something besides his protest. He put money & actions behind his protest. Kap embarrassed himself at first when he was sitting down. When someone obviously told him the level of disrespect sitting shows he changed his posture.
Now, I agree with Utah somewhat. I think he is being blackballed to a degree, but I believe it is more related to poor play.
I mean Glennon got a job, you mean to tell me Glennon is THAT much better than Kap? He needs a coach that is willing to put forth the training and the performance incentives need to be there in his contract. Hello Jets, you can do so much better than Hackenburg. Really? and Geno Smith is a backup on the Giants?

AND KAP cannot get a deal? GENO SMITH = Mr. Ineptitude; AND KAP cannot get a deal?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:00 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Now...if Kap wants to sign a 5-6 million dollar contract to COMPETE for the starting job instead of having handed to him that's a different matter. Incentive laden contract with tangible bonuses kicking in for certain goals to make what he thinks he's worth. Then Denver should look at him. last year not wanting to reduce his contract price in the Denver negotiations doesn't set well with Elway but if he was willing to sign a 1 year performance based contract to get his value back up then he'd probably listen. Kap's value has dropped because of the last couple of seasons play. If he's willing to sign a "prove it" contract where he can still make money if he performs? Several teams will look at him because of raw talent alone. As long as he keeps his primadonna attitude..... teams won't. And that has nothing to do with his National Anthem stance last year...it has to do with his general attitude since he went to a Super Bowl. He's been less than Super since then.....

can't disagree more His team mates love him his attitude hasn't hurt his team and his stats were better than most if you look at the talent he had to play with.The talent and the Offense he played in was a joke and he did better his second year in that kiddie offense of Kelly's. he plays for us last season we win our division last season and the o-line isn't that bad. we have a better running game b/c they can't play 8-9 in the box. that's just my opinion but we saw siemian play and Lynch was worse.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:17 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:His social stances don't bother me other than I disagree with the way he's done it but that's why this in America....we can all have differences in opinion. But looking at the teams needs I would only welcome him if he signed a "prove it" contract because he needs to show why he's still a premier QB and not what he's shown lately. It's basically a "what can you do for me now" point in his career despite the injuries, bad team, and other reasons for his slide into mediocrity. If he's all he thinks he is then he should be willing to prove it. My guess he'll turn his nose up at that and that's fine too. Maybe Cleveland will sign him to compliment Oz...lol

As a veteran, I totally disagree with the stance <kneeling> while the national anthem played. I didn't necessarily agree with how Brandon Marshall {Broncos} did his either. What I did like was a least Marshall was DOING something besides his protest. He put money & actions behind his protest. Kap embarrassed himself at first when he was sitting down. When someone obviously told him the level of disrespect sitting shows he changed his posture.
Now, I agree with Utah somewhat. I think he is being blackballed to a degree, but I believe it is more related to poor play.
I mean Glennon got a job, you mean to tell me Glennon is THAT much better than Kap? He needs a coach that is willing to put forth the training and the performance incentives need to be there in his contract. Hello Jets, you can do so much better than Hackenburg. Really? and Geno Smith is a backup on the Giants?

AND KAP cannot get a deal? GENO SMITH = Mr. Ineptitude; AND KAP cannot get a deal?

Funny that's one of the biggest reason I respect Kaep. He Donated 1 Million to the charities that aid communities of need last Sept. before Marshall did. He then gave 50,000 to Meals on wheel in March this year after he wasn't getting any interest from teams. Doesn't Meals on wheels hand out plates to homeless and Vets who are homeless. So I get the flag thing but the people are the country not the flag
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Now...if Kap wants to sign a 5-6 million dollar contract to COMPETE for the starting job instead of having handed to him that's a different matter. Incentive laden contract with tangible bonuses kicking in for certain goals to make what he thinks he's worth. Then Denver should look at him. last year not wanting to reduce his contract price in the Denver negotiations doesn't set well with Elway but if he was willing to sign a 1 year performance based contract to get his value back up then he'd probably listen. Kap's value has dropped because of the last couple of seasons play. If he's willing to sign a "prove it" contract where he can still make money if he performs? Several teams will look at him because of raw talent alone. As long as he keeps his primadonna attitude..... teams won't. And that has nothing to do with his National Anthem stance last year...it has to do with his general attitude since he went to a Super Bowl. He's been less than Super since then.....

can't disagree more His team mates love him his attitude hasn't hurt his team and his stats were better than most if you look at the talent he had to play with.The talent and the Offense he played in was a joke and he did better his second year in that kiddie offense of Kelly's. he plays for us last season we win our division last season and the o-line isn't that bad. we have a better running game b/c they can't play 8-9 in the box. that's just my opinion but we saw siemian play and Lynch was worse.

If he wants to play for a 5-6 million prove it contract with loads of incentives I'd say sign him. 10 million a year long term is too much. He either wants to play or he doesn't. Elway likes people who want to play and play in Denver.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 am

This really isn't a surprise, Denver could draft a late round QB and we have been saying it for weeks.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... afting-one
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:54 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

If he wants to play for a 5-6 million prove it contract with loads of incentives I'd say sign him. 10 million a year long term is too much. He either wants to play or he doesn't. Elway likes people who want to play and play in Denver.

Time out I didn't say to sign him here I'd like to draft a QB in the 3RD or 4TH round. I was just comparing him to what we have here. Later round QB's will be like T. Siemian and we will be back to the same situation next season. You don't find a Tom Brady that often. If you draft in the late rounds you get late round talent.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:23 am

Hoppy wrote:Time out I didn't say to sign him here I'd like to draft a QB in the 3RD or 4TH round. I was just comparing him to what we have here. Later round QB's will be like T. Siemian and we will be back to the same situation next season. You don't find a Tom Brady that often. If you draft in the late rounds you get late round talent.

I think the point is that he is asking too much for just about any team at this point. And the longer he goes unsigned the lower his value goes. I think 5-6 million with a lot of incentives is a fair deal for a QB that hasn't done much in the past few years. Yes, he showed last year that he can still play, but it wasn't a significant amount of time. For us, I don't care where we draft a QB as long as it's after the second round. We have a ton of picks after that and I don't mind giving one up.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:21 pm

well it's about time the broncos sign 3 of their ERFA to one year deals.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Br ... s-52126791
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:47 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnbfcL

LMAO! Jerry Jones gives teams the right to talk to Romo? Come on Jerry.....nobody's going to do anything until you release him. No one is interested in a trade dude.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Hoppy wrote:well it's about time the broncos sign 3 of their ERFA to one year deals.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Br ... s-52126791

Progress.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:16 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-cowboys-give-teams-permission-to-talk-to-romo/ar-BBzhYyV?li=BBnbfcL

LMAO! Jerry Jones gives teams the right to talk to Romo? Come on Jerry.....nobody's going to do anything until you release him. No one is interested in a trade dude.

I guess it doesn't matter much cause now it looks like he's going to retire...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:23 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:25 am

You beat me to it.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:42 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:You beat me to it.

:lol: Gotta be faster!
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:54 am

Now the biggest suitor for Kap probably is Houston
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Now the biggest suitor for Kap probably is Houston

Agreed. They have the money to pay him what he wants. But I don't know that they want him that bad. Savage did well at the end of the season, given more time he could be their answer. No sense bringing in another QB that will suck up money.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 am

I really want to know what Elway is planning to do with our excess cap space. I'm thinking there will either be a draft day trade for a LT or the day after. I guess now we wait.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:09 am

Anyone else surprised Paradis signed his tender? I mean I'm glad we got him so cheap for another year, but the guy was one of the best centers in the league last season, I think he's worth more than he got. I guess we will see how healthy he is this season after his surgeries. If he has another great year he'll be in for a decent payday next season. He's shown toughness and durability along with skill. A few things that rarely all go together it seems.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:56 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Anyone else surprised Paradis signed his tender? I mean I'm glad we got him so cheap for another year, but the guy was one of the best centers in the league last season, I think he's worth more than he got. I guess we will see how healthy he is this season after his surgeries. If he has another great year he'll be in for a decent payday next season. He's shown toughness and durability along with skill. A few things that rarely all go together it seems.

with the two hips being worked on He would have to prove that he could still play. He would make more money with the team he's on then with anyone else. Next season John should sign him to a long term deal or someone will sign him away. He may be one of the members that sign before the season starts if he's healthy enough.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:58 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:I really want to know what Elway is planning to do with our excess cap space. I'm thinking there will either be a draft day trade for a LT or the day after. I guess now we wait.

you mean now that Romo has said he's retiring?
http://den.247sports.com/ContentGallery ... 52134138/2
I had to show how slow I am also
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:I really want to know what Elway is planning to do with our excess cap space. I'm thinking there will either be a draft day trade for a LT or the day after. I guess now we wait.

you mean now that Romo has said he's retiring?
http://den.247sports.com/ContentGallery ... 52134138/2
I had to show how slow I am also

No Hop, not slow, we were ahead of the curve this time. Don't you recall our conversations about what he should do?
Just proves that Romo must be reading this column
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Room replaces Simms.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:20 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Phil Simms is gone!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ton ... li=BBnb7Kz

Hip-hip hooray Hip-hip hooray Hip-hip hooray next Chris Collingsworth
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)