AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm

well I played that march madness bracket for the first time ever and the first day in the west I only missed on. I'm proud of myself as all hell and was going to post on this page about how easy it is with this stuff. then the second day happened and I never saw so mush red. Needless to say I know that saying My bracket is all F-ed up. oh well like the pickum better luck next year.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Hoppy wrote:Joe Thomas' agent said he is doing his best to get Thomas here in Denver I hope you all join me in saying MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Joe-Thoma ... r-51860967

Even Cleveland isn't stupid enough to trade him.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 am

Hoppy wrote:Joe Thomas' agent said he is doing his best to get Thomas here in Denver I hope you all join me in saying MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Joe-Thoma ... r-51860967

I'm all for it. I would rather spend the money on him and lock him up long term than go out and get an expensive qb. I don't want to bet the future though and give the browns a ton of high picks.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Cowboys resign Backup QB Kellen Moore
https://t.co/DTSLMOMcgw
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Raiders sign EJ Manual with the run on QB's now seem to be starting Should the Broncos jump in on the wagon. Today the rumor out of Dallas was Romo was looking more to Houston now than Denver. Thoughts?

https://t.co/XWea9NtE8C
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Giants Sign Geno Smith and the run continues
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Hoppy wrote:Raiders sign EJ Manual with the run on QB's now seem to be starting Should the Broncos jump in on the wagon. Today the rumor out of Dallas was Romo was looking more to Houston now than Denver. Thoughts?

I don't know that there are any QBs out there better than what we have other than Romo. Why should we waste our time and money on those guys when we can either wait for Romo or draft a QB?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Raiders sign EJ Manual with the run on QB's now seem to be starting Should the Broncos jump in on the wagon. Today the rumor out of Dallas was Romo was looking more to Houston now than Denver. Thoughts?

I don't know that there are any QBs out there better than what we have other than Romo. Why should we waste our time and money on those guys when we can either wait for Romo or draft a QB?

Wait for Romo and if Houston gets him so be it. The rest out there are all scrubs.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:08 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Wait for Romo and if Houston gets him so be it. The rest out there are all scrubs.

There was not too many QB much better in the NFL last season Brees lead the league with 70% last season our QB's were at 59% Kaepernick was at 59% with no talent to pass to just sign someone who could win games and not string our receivers out to dry. Like Siemian does when he passes to the right.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:56 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

There was not too many QB much better in the NFL last season Brees lead the league with 70% last season our QB's were at 59% Kaepernick was at 59% with no talent to pass to just sign someone who could win games and not string our receivers out to dry. Like Siemian does when he passes to the right.

Notice no teams are giving Kap an interview Hop? They perceive him as trouble just waiting for the opportunity to happen. Plus his stats aren't that steller to begin with. Without Harbaugh he's a one hit wonder.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 am

I think Manziel is getting more looks than Kap is right now. That says something. Nobody wants to risk trouble for the team or in the locker room.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am

This is news? First, who cares if the note was on Broncos letterhead. It was signed by Elway not "The Denver Broncos". Second, it's probably the only letterhead paper Elway had at the time of writing lol. About athletes staying out of politics, Elway isn't just an athlete anymore. He's been quite a bit more than that in Denver for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for some sort of public office eventually, likely starting in Denver and moving up over time. Finally, he didn't use his platform to protest, spout hate or push his beliefs on those around him. He sent a letter just saying he backed Gorsuch, nothing else.

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/21/john-el ... omination/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:This is news? First, who cares if the note was on Broncos letterhead. It was signed by Elway not "The Denver Broncos". Second, it's probably the only letterhead paper Elway had at the time of writing lol. About athletes staying out of politics, Elway isn't just an athlete anymore. He's been quite a bit more than that in Denver for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for some sort of public office eventually, likely starting in Denver and moving up over time. Finally, he didn't use his platform to protest, spout hate or push his beliefs on those around him. He sent a letter just saying he backed Gorsuch, nothing else.

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/21/john-el ... omination/

** Of course it is news, it is news to people that JFE has an opinion beyond football. "THEY" are surprised he is not a DEMOCRAT, sad..
because we have become such "news junkies" we have to watch every single facet of anything related to politics. Everyone is still surprised and acting dumbfounded because Mr. Trump won. Now, THEY are looking for any scrap of information THEY can find to get him out of office. First of all, I AM NOT a Trump supporter. The election happened he won, get over it. Let's move on to something of actual importance. No, I'm not talking about Kim K or any of those morons. Not even the fact that Rex Ryan will be on ESPN. No, lets find out how the LA Chargers are doing? <Crickets>

Hello... Hello.... Hello...

Philip Rivers at his first Home game...
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 pm

If this guy is still on the board at the 20th pick, it's a no-brainer in my book. If he's there after 10, I say trade up and grab him. Christian McCaffrey be damned. This guy's ability to get to the second level, and what he does when he gets there,is unbelievable. He will make a mediocre line and QB shine.He runs with incredible leverage and speed, and his very talented stiff arms and hands, have him in my can't miss category. It's Dalvin Cook for the Ickster.
https://youtu.be/_hIvSsucwI0
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 pm

More Dalvin Cook for ya'll :o
https://youtu.be/UNUtCR9m178
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 am

Lol, all teams are gonna have to show a special video for celebrations. :lol: I say take the penalty and move the kickoff. If they really wanted to avoid over the top celebrations they would apply celebration penalties to the point after the return. There are too many big legged kickers that can easily account for it on the kickoff.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... li=BBnbfcL
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Cutler may be done. I really wouldn't mind bringing him in for a couple-few million on a one year deal as our #3. Worst case, we cut him before the season, best case, he uses his experience and the amazing offensive coaches we have to really shine. I think something like this has much more upside than downside. Cutler needs to be taught. I thought his changing teams at the time he did seriously affected his development. Quarterbacks that are established in systems but still lack experience don't travel well to new teams. There are so many examples. It cripples them and few recover. I think we have a great system in place to take a guy like this in on a cheap, team friendly deal and give him a legitimate second chance. We can continue to develop the future while also not breaking the bank on a vet. And we can still lean on Siemian to start. Siemian didn't fail us this year, our o-line and running game were much more to blame.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/has ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:43 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Cutler may be done. I really wouldn't mind bringing him in for a couple-few million on a one year deal as our #3. Worst case, we cut him before the season, best case, he uses his experience and the amazing offensive coaches we have to really shine. I think something like this has much more upside than downside. Cutler needs to be taught. I thought his changing teams at the time he did seriously affected his development. Quarterbacks that are established in systems but still lack experience don't travel well to new teams. There are so many examples. It cripples them and few recover. I think we have a great system in place to take a guy like this in on a cheap, team friendly deal and give him a legitimate second chance. We can continue to develop the future while also not breaking the bank on a vet. And we can still lean on Siemian to start. Siemian didn't fail us this year, our o-line and running game were much more to blame.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/has ... li=BBnba9I

** I am going to have to disagree with you this time Springs. Cutler is done. He was done in by the same issue we have HORRIBLE BLOCKING. The second problem he had was Early onset JFE syndrome, which is defined as "I don't need anyone else to win the game, I can win it all with my arm". I know most of you remember #7 trying so hard to win games by himself and the only run support we had was Sammy Winder.

Until #HOF Terrell Davis (FINALLY!!!) came in we stunk up the joint getting to the playoffs or the SB and then losing by 30+ points
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:14 am

Jarhead93 wrote:** I am going to have to disagree with you this time Springs. Cutler is done. He was done in by the same issue we have HORRIBLE BLOCKING. The second problem he had was Early onset JFE syndrome, which is defined as "I don't need anyone else to win the game, I can win it all with my arm". I know most of you remember #7 trying so hard to win games by himself and the only run support we had was Sammy Winder.

Until #HOF Terrell Davis (FINALLY!!!) came in we stunk up the joint getting to the playoffs or the SB and then losing by 30+ points

Maybe he's done, I don't know. He definitely needs coaching and I think this is one of the better offensive staffs we have had in long time. If we don't end up with Romo I think he could be a cheap number 3, if nothing else then just to give the other 2 a break in reps from time to time. You can see it in his face, he's just been beaten down. Sometimes that can be reversed, not easy and likely a failure waiting to happen, but worth the risk for the right price I think.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:** I am going to have to disagree with you this time Springs. Cutler is done. He was done in by the same issue we have HORRIBLE BLOCKING. The second problem he had was Early onset JFE syndrome, which is defined as "I don't need anyone else to win the game, I can win it all with my arm". I know most of you remember #7 trying so hard to win games by himself and the only run support we had was Sammy Winder.

Maybe he's done, I don't know. He definitely needs coaching and I think this is one of the better offensive staffs we have had in long time. If we don't end up with Romo I think he could be a cheap number 3, if nothing else then just to give the other 2 a break in reps from time to time. You can see it in his face, he's just been beaten down. Sometimes that can be reversed, not easy and likely a failure waiting to happen, but worth the risk for the right price I think.

I'm not so sure we need to spend the time and money it would take to "teach" a 34 year old how to be a QB. He was also done in by Josh McDummy.
Not a fan, but I know you don't irritate the HC because you think you have more talent than you actually do.
I say spend the money on offensive lineman. If we can keep Trevor & Pax upright we'll be in the mix. ++ we play in one of the toughest divisions.
RAIDERS & KC are seriously improved. A couple more pieces and they will be there too. Our window to win with this defense is closing.
I think we take a look at Kap. I know he alienated a bunch of folks with his political viewpoint. But JFE was looking to bring him in before. We have a real QB whisperer now. He might cost less than Romo would for sure. Considerably less fragile. AND his contract could be incentive laden as well.
I wouldn't un-retire the Jersey #7 for him however.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 am

Jarhead93 wrote:I think we take a look at Kap. I know he alienated a bunch of folks with his political viewpoint. But JFE was looking to bring him in before. We have a real QB whisperer now. He might cost less than Romo would for sure. Considerably less fragile. AND his contract could be incentive laden as well.

I feel Kap is the same as Cutler as far as needing to learn. However, I like him less :lol: He definitely doesn't deserve #7 though, that's not even a question.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:51 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:I think we take a look at Kap. I know he alienated a bunch of folks with his political viewpoint. But JFE was looking to bring him in before. We have a real QB whisperer now. He might cost less than Romo would for sure. Considerably less fragile. AND his contract could be incentive laden as well.

I feel Kap is the same as Cutler as far as needing to learn. However, I like him less :lol: He definitely doesn't deserve #7 though, that's not even a question.

My issue with Kap is his placement. No doubt he can add the running threat but he isn't very accurate and is terrible in the pocket trying thread in a good pass through coverage. His claim to fame was scrambling so the defensive play broke down and finding an open man on the run. Defenses figured him out though and made him make precision throws...and he can't. Plus other than Harbaugh he hasn't been very coachable. Plus he is a potential distraction/PR Nightmare to ownership and management. That's why he's still out there with little interest. I don't like either one of them as far as Cutler and Kaperdink. Cutler is a Phillip Rivers light and Kap had his chance to come down on his price last year and play for Denver and turned his nose up at that.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:55 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

My issue with Kap is his placement. No doubt he can add the running threat but he isn't very accurate and is terrible in the pocket trying thread in a good pass through coverage. His claim to fame was scrambling so the defensive play broke down and finding an open man on the run. Defenses figured him out though and made him make precision throws...and he can't. Plus other than Harbaugh he hasn't been very coachable. Plus he is a potential distraction/PR Nightmare to ownership and management. That's why he's still out there with little interest. I don't like either one of them as far as Cutler and Kaperdink. Cutler is a Phillip Rivers light and Kap had his chance to come down on his price last year and play for Denver and turned his nose up at that.

That is true Utah. I don't know, I do know that getting Romo isn't going to be easy Houston seems to be in a better financial position than we are and from what the bobbleheads say Houston would have the "easier" Path to the SB. I'm not sure there is such a thing as an "easy path" unless of course you're the cheatriots.
Again, I ask, if you are so great, why cheat?

Tommy has secured his ballot to Canton, Hoodie has too. I know Coach Lombardi used to say something about Winning being the only thing. He apparently wanted integrity to go along with character and championships. Hmmm, they do go together don't they?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

That is true Utah. I don't know, I do know that getting Romo isn't going to be easy Houston seems to be in a better financial position than we are and from what the bobbleheads say Houston would have the "easier" Path to the SB. I'm not sure there is such a thing as an "easy path" unless of course you're the cheatriots.
Again, I ask, if you are so great, why cheat?

Tommy has secured his ballot to Canton, Hoodie has too. I know Coach Lombardi used to say something about Winning being the only thing. He apparently wanted integrity to go along with character and championships. Hmmm, they do go together don't they?

Houston has never been in a SB...period. We've been in 8.

As far as Houston getting Romo? They have the fast track if it's about money or location.....Denver knows how to get to a SB. We'll see what he's really after I guess. However it ends I don't think Cutler or Kap are the answer. And probably not Romo more than a 1-2 year rental.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 am

** To Utah,

On the Romo thing I definitely agree. His contract should be so incentive laden if he stubs his toe we are protected. Given his injury history, I wonder what Houston could offer that we cannot besides $$$, if it is money then we know that he is just another mercenary ala Albert Hainesworth and we dodged a big bullet.

If he is about truly about winning a championship, then I think #7's phone will be ringing in June. I think the Cowboys still try to string someone along that is dumb enough to take on his contract. Cleveland, I'm talking to you.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am

Jarhead93 wrote:** To Utah,

On the Romo thing I definitely agree. His contract should be so incentive laden if he stubs his toe we are protected. Given his injury history, I wonder what Houston could offer that we cannot besides $$$, if it is money then we know that he is just another mercenary ala Albert Hainesworth and we dodged a big bullet.

If he is about truly about winning a championship, then I think #7's phone will be ringing in June. I think the Cowboys still try to string someone along that is dumb enough to take on his contract. Cleveland, I'm talking to you.

Money and the fact he could remain in Texas are what Houston has going for them. Getting to the dance is what Denver has going for them.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:Money and the fact he could remain in Texas are what Houston has going for them. Getting to the dance is what Denver has going for them.

I would like to think that at this point in Romo's career he would value a championship. We always see the true colors when these FAs finally sign though. We will see what Romo really wants soon.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:08 pm

I have no idea how this guy continues to find work. Sanchez was overrated from the start and has been given multiple chances to do something and failed. Oh well, at least I'm not a bears fan :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bea ... ar-BByEEap
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I have no idea how this guy continues to find work. Sanchez was overrated from the start and has been given multiple chances to do something and failed. Oh well, at least I'm not a bears fan :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bea ... ar-BByEEap

Lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)